User Reviews for Olux

Lichen Sclerosus 0 reviews 78 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Olux reviews 8 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Olux

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Psoriasis: Great for itching but not for clearing plaque/ scalp psoriasis

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2012 1:04 AM

Review by filmer88:

For Psoriasis: I had psoriasis for 3 years before I tried Olux. At that time, I had a bald spot on my head and no skin on the back of my ears. (It was all raw and covered in pus). I used Olux for three days and my psoriasis cleared up for over a month. The only reason I stopped using it was my new insurance would not cover it. Olux is the ONLY medication that has helped me. I have tried a dozen other medicines and nothing has worked the same.

August 16, 2011 5:05 AM

For Psoriasis: Olux has been the only topical medication I've used that has been able to control the psoriasis on my scalp. Over the past few years, my condition has significantly worsened. However, since beginning to use Derma-Smoothe and Olux, I have been able to maintain a very healthy scalp. The Derma-Smoothe is fantastic for removing the initial buildup from psoriasis, while the Olux is a great for preventing its return. I only have to use Olux about once every 2 weeks, or at the first sign of any symptoms. Only downside is the high cost (since we have a high insurance deductible). However, I personally find it to be worth the money.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 16, 2011 11:54 AM

For Dermatitis: I've always had dermatitis on my scalp and face, but the rashes on my body started out as allergic dermatitis after it reacted to an antibiotic called Vancomycin. But then even after all my antibiotics, the rashes kept getting worse and worse. I got a biopsy done, and the results were that I had psoriasis form of dermatitis, which is similar to psoriasis. At first the dermatologist prescribed Clobex, but it only worked on my arms. I still use the Clobex shampoo for my scalp. After that, the dermatologist told me to try Olux. I've been using Olux for a couple of weeks now, and my body is clearing up, especially my back and thighs.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2010 9:39 PM

Review by olux fan:

For Psoriasis: This IS the only stuff that works. My Uncle was a Dermatologist and I have tried everything that had ever come out on the market. I was without insurance for a time and couldn't get Olux (couldn't afford it) and I had a severe outbreak. After finally getting a prescription, it was gone within 2 weeks.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2009 10:13 AM

For Psoriasis: This has worked inside my ears very well. It's not been effective for me on my scalp or back, but works great for my ears!

April 3, 2009 11:06 PM

Review by msully29:

For Psoriasis: The only really effective remedy for my scalp psoriasis. I used Scalpicin but it turned my white hair yellow-ish and I had to keep using it almost every day. Olux for three days and my scalp is clear and not itchy for 2-3 weeks!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2008 10:34 AM

For Dermatitis: Olux is a mousse that is massaged into the psoriasis on the scalp. After using this 2x per day for approximately 3 wks I no longer am using T-Gel 3x a week. I'm back to using my old shampoo. No itching or flaking of the scalp. It's so easy to use, too.

March 30, 2008 11:57 PM