User Reviews for Retin-A

Learn more about Retin-A.

Retin-A review summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 450 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Retin-A to treat Acne

Review by AAG (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

10 MONTH RETIN-A USER : In the begining of summer 2013 I had the worst break out ever! My forehead was full of pimples. I couldn't stand it anymore so I went to go see my doctor and he prescribed me Retin-A. It says to apply everyday over night after washing your face. So I applied it every night and the first three weeks my acne was okay by the second month I had another mild breakout but by the third month it began to calm down again. By the fourth the skin around my nose started to peel and it was very itchy. Because of this I applied alchol free/ fragrance free lotion and my skin got better. By the 6th month my acne was under control! I only had a couple of pimples here & there. But the product works wonders! It just takes patience!

April 6, 2014 5:06 AM

Review by Josh112788:

So about five months ago or so I asked my esthetician for some Retin-A (tretinoin) cream and she gave me the 1% concentration. I had moderate acne when I was younger, but I didn't leave it alone. Haha. I picked at it, and so I have some "mild" (Or so I'm told -I think it's terrible!) scarring now even though my acne went away with age. I'm 25 now. Acne went away at about 19. Some are pockmarks, and others just discoloration and a little uneven texture. I jumped straight to everyday use. Expected irritation and redness, but none came. My (sensitive) skin handled it awesomely. Product works great. Skin peels off every morning. Haha. Scars are fading nicely. Pockmarks much less depressed. I get compliments on my skin now!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2013 10:34 PM

Review by sangta:

I started getting small bumps, (not exactly pimples, but should be taken care of immediately else it would grow into pimples later) on my forehead and chin areas. It started to spread in cheeks too. I first started using Retin-A cream. Initially I had lots of new breakouts, but didn't give up my patience. New breakouts started to fade out on continuous application at only nights after cleansing with Episoft lotion. After a month I started applying Retin-A, My skin texture, pimple marks, uneven skin tone has improved drastically. Only thing is use this product only at night after proper cleansing. Initially this will cause skin peeling and irritation.

November 26, 2013 4:27 AM

Review by James12P:

Five years ago, I was prescribed Accutane for my acne. It certainly kept my acne at bay for five years. A few months ago, I started breaking out again and this time the severity was less than it previously was. It was a few small zits and blackheads here and there. I was prescribed Retin A and it was a God send! The first two weeks, I battled with extra oily skin and my face turned beet red. I persevered and by the third week, the redness subsided and my face became acclimatised to it. The acne has definitely gone away as has the blackheads. The plus side is that my face looked smoother in years and whatever residual acne scars and discolorations have softened and looked better and better. Retin A addressed my acne needs and truly delivered.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2012 11:44 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Okay I just switched from using Differen which helped my skin but didn't completely cure it. I have always had mild to moderate acne. I went to my dermatologist and I started using Retin-A every other night for the past weeks and few days. I'M BREAKING OUT LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW. This is awful and I have to go to school during this. I really hope this is just the initial breakout, and I'm not one of the people who end up saying this left my skin worse then when I started. I'm going to give it another month or two.

May 16, 2012 1:09 PM

I am 33 and and using Retin A. I have found the product to work wonders while using antibiotics as well. The cell turn over rate is so much faster and heals the acne like nothing I have seen. There is some dryness in areas, but overall has been my magic in a tube. LOVE IT!

August 24, 2010 9:12 PM

Review by kora:

I started using it when I was 16 when all else failed. Retin A gave me perfect skin: no bumps, invisible pores, scars disappeared, even coloration. I'm 28 now and it has stopped working when I was 26 and in the last 2 years, I've been looking for another product to give me those same results. But no luck yet. Bumps are back, pores reappeared, scars are back, skin tone uneven, and nothing seems to work - Just the way it was before I found Retin A. If you can get 10 years out of a product, I say go for it! Now I'm hoping to find the next one that can give me 10 more years and hopefully by then I'll be done with acne!

October 21, 2009 1:40 AM

Review by dawnamert:

It didn't do anything for me!

August 21, 2009 9:46 AM