User Reviews for Atralin

Learn more about Atralin.

Photoaging of the Skin 3 reviews 12 medications

9.7
Acne 29 reviews 506 medications

Summary of Atralin reviews 32 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Atralin

Review by Dreamgirl79 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I have never written a review about a product until now! I'm a 34 year old female & started getting chin acne in my late twenties- nothing helped, I tried everything from Proactiv to Tretonion to antibiotics! About 4 months ago my dermatologist put me on Atralin & oh my what a difference in 4 months! I even go without makeup now! I never get a pimple now it's wonderful & it makes my skin look Dewey & hydrated not dried out & flakey as with the Tretonion I tried. Highly recommend Atralin!

May 15, 2014 8:36 PM

Review by LChez:

For Acne: Atralin is an amazing ointment for acne prone, sensitive skin. I got a prescription for the topical gel because I was having mild to moderate breakouts and had acne scarring that had occurred before I went on Accutane. My skin is very sensitive, so I needed a mild gel. Every night I put a pea sized amount into my palm, mixed it with a small amount of my facial night cream, dabbed bits of the mixture all over my face and neck and then applied my night cream as usual. At first I was discouraged because I was very consistent with my regime and did not see results for many weeks. Then, after about three months of daily use, my acne and acne scarring began to clear up dramatically. I have not had a blemish in months!

October 21, 2013 10:32 PM

Review by Sammieee:

For Acne: I had pretty mild acne in high school but nothing more than a few pimples that I could treat with over the counter medication. I went on birth control and my skin got out of control. I went to college with the absolute worst acne I have ever seen. My face was literally covered and I picked at it all the time. It was a mess. I was prescribed Atralin at night and Acanya in the morning. My skin started clearing up in about a month and within two months it was about 50% better. After about 3-4 months on the product my skin made a complete turn around and my marks are faded. Thank God for this skin care regime. I can finally go outside without make up and I am so much more confident.

July 10, 2013 6:32 PM

Review by Caring mom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: My 15 yr old son had moderate acne, mainly forehead, neck, and around his mouth. The dermatologist prescribed Atralin, as well as minocycline. These are working, but it really took awhile to see the results, about 3 1/2 months! It's not totally cleared, but looks much less inflamed, and he doesn't have as many breakouts. He also is a major athlete, so perspiration plays a big part too I'm sure! So my advice is be very patient, and give the medicine a good amount of time, it also does get a little worse before it gets better!

April 25, 2013 3:04 PM

Review by John675:

For Acne: Honestly, it seemed to make my face appear shiny/greasy and though it cleared up my moderate acne slightly, it did not make the redness/possible scarring areas go away on my cheeks as well the excessive pimples on my forehead. Talking to my doctor soon about a possible better acne solution. Didn't work for me, but hope it worked for everyone else!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2012 10:38 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: I experienced a really bad stress breakout on my face, chest and back. I was on an antibiotic for a bit and it did nothing. I finally saw a dermatologist and she prescribed me Atralin. After about two weeks of consistent use, I started seeing results. I now have been using it for about 6 months and am so happy with the results. It cleared up the acne on my back permanently, and I went from having big cysts on my face to now only a few blackheads once in awhile, and I don't use it everyday anymore. My chest was the worst, and it cleared up cysts that I had struggled with for MONTHS, and even helped to lighten the red marks they left behind, although they are still somewhat visible. Overall I really liked this product.

July 20, 2012 12:40 PM

Review by katcast (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I'm a 33 yr old female who has experienced mild acne for most of my life. I have tried everything from over the counter products to antibiotics for 3 months. It was just recently that I started using Atralin (3 weeks now) & I don't need to worry about wearing makeup anymore (dream come true). This medication is definitely worth a try paired with other treatments. I currently get a chemical peel once a month, plexion cloths to wash 2x a day and Atralin at night. If my skin continues this way I will be a happier person as I don't even worry about hiding my face anymore.

June 11, 2012 4:14 PM

For Photoaging of the Skin: I began using this as an anti-aging method along with Obagi Hydroquinone for dark spots. At first I used it every night but almost immediately my skin dried up. It was embarrassing and felt uncomfortable. I went down to using it every two nights (so Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday for example) and within two days my skin returned almost to normal. There is still a tiny bit of flaking, a healthy amount. And I have to say the skin that's left looks amazing-so smooth. Other than the dark shadows under my eyes, for the first time in a long time I feel I could go with little to no makeup. This product works fast.

May 13, 2012 3:08 PM

For Acne: If you're suffering with acne, please go see a dermatologist! I wish I started going to a dermatologist when I first started getting horrible breakouts (the age of 9). I'm currently 20. I took my first trip to the dermatologist about two or three weeks ago. I was prescribed Sumaxin wash, Acanya morning cream, Atralin night cream, and an oral medication but I forgot the name. My forehead is amazingly soft AND clear, and the deep scarring is going away in my cheeks, as well as the acne. I recommend these products to anyone and everyone suffering with acne. Great for people with sensitive skin.

September 27, 2011 12:23 AM

For Acne: I had very good skin up until I hit 20 years old and I started having breakouts, not anything major. But I would get a few on my forehead and chin and I hated them! I had tried everything so finally I went to my dermatologist and she recommended Atralin gel and Aczone for pimples that rise. I can not say more about how much I LOVE Atralin gel! It is absolutely amazing. The first week, I broke out badly due to it bringing everything to the surface but I have been using it for the past month and my face is spotless and so clear! I love this gel and will never use anything else. The only cons is a little mild peeling but just reduce your usage and you will be fun. TWO THUMBS UP!

August 27, 2011 5:46 PM

For Acne: I have had acne since I was 9, I am now 19. I've literally tried every acne treatment out there. I had severe breakouts around the nose and T area. I used to be on Duac, an antibiotic and Differin then I just dropped down to Duac because I didn't like the other two. The Duac worked better then any other treatment that I tried so I thought that was the best it was going to get. But I switched dermatologist just because my doctor was booked. The new one put me on Atralin at night and Duac in the morning. My skin started clearing up immediately. I've been using it for 3 months now and the only time my skin broke out is when I skipped 2 weeks on using it. It is pricey but ask your doctor about the discount card.

August 17, 2011 10:43 PM

For Acne: I'm 19 and had sudden breakout. I went to the dermatologist and got prescribed to this. I follow the instructions every night. Some will go away and some will come back. It's very difficult. I don't know what's going to pop up the next day. I talked to my dermatologist the other day and told him what I was going through and he said I might need something stronger.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2011 12:34 PM

Review by forg3tm3not770:

For Acne: I have been using Atralin for a month now. Though most users had seen significant improvement within 12 months, I've seen my face improved within the first week. I've always had mild-moderate acne since I was 12 for the past 20 years and had never thought of going to the dermatologist until a month ago when my esthetician tried to introduce Retin-A/Treninoid to me during a facial. My face did not have the initial breakout like most people and only a little peeling that lasted for a week, but of course, that was resolved with exfoliating my face. Though I still have some acne, my dermatologist saw me today and said that they will go away with time and not leave a scar. Since the first week, I had noticed the smoothness on my skin.

June 27, 2011 3:02 PM

For Acne: I am 21 and I had bumps on my chin everyday since I was 16. I had tried EVERYTHING, including a Clarisonic, expensive face washes, creams, etc. Thankfully, my dermatologist prescribed my Atralin and my skin is practically perfect. I had an initial break-out for about a week and a half, then suddenly my skin was perfect. No bumps and so smooth! It does make my face rather shiny, which I am not used to since I have dry skin. I am so happy with this product! It is so nice to wake up every morning with great skin. This is worth the price tag. I wash my face nightly with Bobbi Brown "extra balm rinse", use this gel, then apply a heavy moisturizer. Get Atralin! It will change your life!

June 24, 2011 5:17 AM

For Acne: Atralin really help CLEAR up my skin but my skin is still not porcelain smooth. I still have tiny tiny bumps but way better than it was before. I also used Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Scrub and I love how the two work. You just have to give it time and right now, I think I'm almost over the 'it gets worse before it gets better' phase.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2011 11:20 PM

For Acne: Atralin has been fine and has cleared up my acne and made my skin clearer and smoother. I am 38. But one thing I noticed, since using the product is that if I do get an occasional breakout, it is hard to heal, scabs a lot and then leaves a small pockmark when healed.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 25, 2011 4:00 PM

For Acne: This gel is great BUT you have to give it time. I went on it and after four months my acne only cleared a little but then bam! After the next month everything was great and then it's just all good from there. No random pimples popping up, just time for my scars to fade. I love it. And if you're a patient person who wants something gentle and not scary for their face, Atralin is it.

March 25, 2011 10:59 AM

For Acne: I am 39 yrs old, experiencing hormonal acne along the jaw line and T zone. As others noted I used Acanya and Atralin together experiencing excellent results. I now just use Atralin (and have for a year). I love it. I think it helps fade my melasma too. I also take a vitamin called Herpanacine. I has helped tremendously with my body acne, which is nearly impossible to fight without a horrible pill. It is natural, no side affects and really really works. I wish I had known about it earlier in life, would have saved me some heartache...which is why I want to share.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2010 12:08 PM

For Acne: I'm 20 years old and have mild to moderate breakouts that I've tried to fix with Epiduo and other topical creams. None of these creams seem to make a difference in my acne. I started using Atralin and Acanya about 2 weeks ago. At first my skin broke out horribly as I was told it would, the initial breakout period was pretty bad. I'm just about 2 weeks into using both of these products and my face is already clearing! My skin feels different and my blackheads and chin acne have started to disappear. My skin is a little sensitive and dry but the Cerave moisturizer and wash that my dermatologist recommended definitely help. I'm very happy with the results from this product so far.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2010 11:07 PM

Review by cleanface101:

For Acne: I have a 13 year old daughter and she started to begin to have acne and we went to a dermatologist and they prescribed Acanya for the morning and Atralin for the night and to use Cetaphil morning and night and the Cetaphil moisturizer at night. She started noticing a difference in about 4 to 6 weeks of using these great products. She has now been using this for about 3 months and her face is as clear as ever. She still gets a few pimples here and there but besides that this product is great.

November 7, 2010 8:07 PM

For Acne: I'm a 13 year old boy who has been experiencing major back acne. I tried Epiduo on my back which just made it worse. My dermatologist has prescribed me Atralin at night and Duac in the morning. I've been doing this for about a month and my back has never looked better. And I'm glad Atralin has permanent results.

May 31, 2010 10:05 PM

For Acne: I love this product. It really cleared my skin up and it looks smooth and makeup goes on so nice. Some comments talk about how their skin got worse...of coarse it did but only at first. The doctor told me it brings everything to the surface and clears out everything so of course it got worse before it got better. My skin looks great. This medicine rocks!

May 6, 2010 2:26 PM

For Acne: I am a 15 year old female experiencing acne from puberty. I was prescribed the medication by my dermatologist. I am also using Acanya un the morning with Neutrogena SPF. In addition, I am moisturizing with Cetaphil. At first I noticed the treatment was working well besides mild stinging and redness, but after three weeks I am now having an increase in white heads in areas I have never had any problems with like my cheeks and chin. The acne seems to be small fine bumps that are deep under my skin - I believe theses are called closed comodones. Hopefully this is just the initial breakout.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2010 2:20 AM

For Acne: About 5 months ago I had a MAJOR breakout on my chin. I'm 27, never had a problem with acne before. I'd been through a number of topical creams and antibiotics, without any result. If anything, the breakout was worse. I was a few weeks away from starting Accutane, when as a last resort my doctor gave me Atralin. It took about two weeks before I saw much of an improvement, but it works wonderfully. It didn't burn like any of the other topical creams and didn't make it worse before better, like most of the other ones. I've been using the Atralin for a couple of months now and my skin has cleared up completely. I have had maybe two or three very small blemishes since then, and even those are gone within a day or two. I highly recommend it!

March 13, 2010 12:11 AM

For Acne: I have been using Atralin for about a month and a half now. I started out with very moderate acne, a few pimples but nothing substantial. I have been struggling with acne for five years and I just wanted something to totally zap my acne. Well Atralin is NOT that. I have very sensitive skin and I am still peeling after all this time. When I started using it it made me breakout and now my acne and red spots are worse.

March 6, 2010 1:13 PM