User Reviews for Retin-A

Learn more about Retin-A.

Photoaging of the Skin 5 reviews 10 medications

8.3
Acne 21 reviews 512 medications

7.9
Lichen Sclerosus 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Retin-A reviews 26 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Retin-A

For Acne "I have been on tretinoin 0.025 for about 5 days and I've broken out so bad I have lots of little bumps by my nose is that normal"

Meme4162 August 20, 2015

For Acne "i have a very sensitive and oily skin. whenever i go under the sun and or get dirt on my face i just got acnes by that day and once it stats appearing it just breaks out vulnerably leaving extreme bad scars on my face. i was just looking for my perfect products everywhere. i used a lot of things for this but finally i went to a dermatologist and he suggested me to use duac gel twice a day, retin A cream at night over spot and blemishes and suggested acne aid liquid cleanser. i just started using it for 4 days and i just felt the quick changes on my skin. my scars were getting light and all the new born pimples were just faded with my skin. it is really an excellent spot treatment and reliable drug. please have it once. greatly recommended."

lvy dola August 6, 2015

For Acne "I wanted to take the time to write a review in the hopes to give at least one person the self confidence boost they need to keep going with Retin-A. I've been waiting for the day I get to write my own review. I officially started using Retin- A .25 just under 4 months ago today. My first day was 3 weeks before my birthday. I remember contacting my Dermo in advance with a million questions and mostly the fear of going through THE PURGE during this busy time filled with celebrations, events, etc. I thankfully, made the gamble and started! I decided it was always be... I'll start next week, next month. Let's be real, when is there ever a good time for acne?! I can only describe the last 4 months as a roller coaster. There will be good days. There will be days you hide inside. At some points I thought I was done purging, then it would come back. IT TAKES TIME. Painful cysts too, that do not go away. I would rather have 20 white head pimples all over than 1 deep painful cyst on my face! It was the most challenging thing I've gone through. It will test your patience. To the point of tears, and why me's! At one point I scheduled an emergency Dermo appt to receive Cortizon injections on 3 cysts that were almost the size of dimes!! I couldn't take it anymore. This was 2.5 months. He sat me down and said it takes 3-4 months for results to be reached and you will hate your dermo for that time and gave me the push to continue to go forward. Here's the good news! I am at my 4 month mark, and I have never been more happy. I haven't had a break out in 1.5 weeks. I don't know the last time I've been able to say that. I can take on the CALI summer and not feel like I'm hiding. My biggest advise is be strong! Tell yourself everyday, it's only 4 months of the rest of your life. Get past the 4-5 month mark and it will all be worth it! The past will be a blur! Good luck and you can do it!"

Cali lady June 23, 2015

For Acne "Retin-A is great. It helps a lot. It was september 2014 when I decided to go to a dermatologist. She recommended Glycolic Soap (Use night and day), Clarifying Toner in the morning, Clindamycin (night and day), RA Gel every night, and Skinlite cream in the morning for the scars. Last march 2015, My face is already smooth. People were saying that it looks great. Now it's June 2015 and I'm still using RA Gel and Clindamycin, just to maintain my skin. Reminder: Please when you start using RA Gel, do not stop. The pimples will come back... Worse!"

I WAS June 11, 2015

For Acne "Today is my first day using Retain A 0.04% microderm Gel. I work in a pharmacy and the Rph told me when using this gel I have to also use clindamyacin 1% lotion before the gel. She also told me to use minocycline 100 mg capsules as well. Anyway , she said it will work alone but will work excellent together( gel & lotion). Then the capsules will top it off. My face (due a thyroidectomy that was performed) was always CLEAR. Within 6 months I had a lot of scars and pimples galore . I tried Epiduo, Nuquin, proactive, RX for brown skin, no7 everything but my hormones are out of wack. Hopefully this combo will work. Will keep ya posted."

Yana34 (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2015

For Acne "If you've come here looking for some hope on whether Retin A works or not than your answer is yes! I have been struggling with acne for almost 3 years now I want to think its a phase but who knows. I started retin A Febuary 2015 and it is now May 2015 and my skin looks AMAZING. Trust me I had that "purging" phase and it sucked so bad I didn't even want to go out and public because of how bad my face was. If you feel like it isn't working give it TIME, time and patient is key when using this product. I went through two purging phases during week 3 and 5 but after that it was pretty much a smooth ride. STICK WITH IT! Give it 3-4 months!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

For Acne "I was on the 0.1 cream started Oct 2014 and ended early March.. I got it for whiteheads and uneven skin tone. After 4 1/2 months whiteheads diminished but left with even more scarring. We are going in to May and my skin hasn't healed. Just ugly red chickenpox on my face. :( Another con about this product I see that my skin texture isn't the same. When I was on it it was smooth but after I finished the tube it's just dull and my pores are huge. It just looks terrible and so much thinner, and my skin tone is still uneven It's depressing how much this cream has given me the uglies. It aged my skin 20 yrs. I'm only 23 and female btw. I don't know what to do now."

emannn April 25, 2015

For Acne "Well I started using retin a cream .25 about a month and 3 weeks ago. I started by using every 3 day for one month and then using it every other day. My face has gotten red and my acne scars seem to be more noticeable but around my eyes are really white, so you can imagine how I look. Well I'm not sure if this is part of the process, I'm going to stick with it one more month and see what happens. I use cerave pm moisturizer after applying and yes I use a moisturizer with spf 50 during the day that is a cetaphil product. So I really hope this is just a phase I'm going through, I'll update in a month."

That guy with the bad skin (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2015

For Acne "I was suffering from acne due to my sensitive skin and severe summer heat. I tried my teenage time acne cream in my late twenties but i felt it was too mild to work on my much matured skin like now. Then one of my friend, was a satisfied user of Retin A , suggested me to use Retin A 0.05%. I stated it in the winter to avoid over sweating and heat of summer. I face little flaky skin. first 2 weeks my acne breakout little more than the usual. but after that, acne seemed to be decreased. Whenever I feel too dry skin other than the acne affected area, I used pure Vaseline. Now I am cured and my skin is glowing. I am continuing the use of Retin A with my regular night cream as anti-aging properties. And I am quite satisfied with this."

khadija mariam (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2015

For Acne "Yes it works. That's the question you have and it does. If you have time read my story it'll be worth it. I'm 17 and live in my miami so the weather here is pretty much hot all year around. I'm not an active outside person so I do not getting acne because of sports or anything. I guess its just a phase. I've had acne since 6th grade and its sucked. I finally made an appointment with the dermatologist December 11. He prescribed me Tretenoin also known as retin a 0.1%, the strongest strength. And Clindamycin phosphate lotion as the antibiotic. So I was told to apply Clindamycin every night, and retin a every three nights, but let's face it. We all think applying it daily will help you get results faster. Well it doesn't, all it does is irrita"

Makeupjunky97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2015

For Acne "I have only been using this with benzaclin for about 2 months and I can already see an improvement. My pores are smaller, skin is smoother and my tone is more even. I am 25 and have tried almost everything! I use benzaclin in the morning and Retin-A at night. For the first month I noticed 0 improvement, but now im starting to see it!"

yesmeen January 24, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Photoaging of the Skin "Been using Retin A for over 10 years, for photo aging and acne. I'm 51 and routinely am told I look like my 33 yo daughter & I could be sisters. I'm also a sunscreen fanatic & I believe that's the key to maintaining your results. This product truly does work. You have to be patient and practice overall good skin care - but this works."

98hondadawn (taken for 10 years or more) December 6, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "I'm a young woman in my early twenties with moderate acne. If you're just starting Retin-A, STICK WITH IT I started using Retin-A (0.01%) every night in December of 2013. I was very frustrated because my acne became worse for about 2 months. However, I stuck with it and by July 2014 my acne had noticeably decreased. It is now October 2014 and I've been getting compliments on how great my skin looks! For the first time in years, I don't feel like I have to wear liquid foundation to cover up my acne. If you experience flaking, remember that moisturization is key if you're using Retin-A!"

College Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 28, 2014

For Acne "Retin-A truly did a 360 on my skin. I have mild to moderate breakouts with terrible hormonal flare ups. Hence when I first tried Retin-A over a year ago, it only worked for a short while and then I discovered I was expecting and had to stop using it. Glowing during pregnancy led to return of the bumps around my chin and forehead postpartum. Now I'm back on 0.025% and am in love with my skin again. Smooth, healthy, and rosy looking even when that time comes. It started working immediately. I skip every third night to keep from over drying and desensitizing. Goodluck all."

nurseyA (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2014

For Acne "10 MONTH RETIN-A USER : In the begining of summer 2013 I had the worst break out ever! My forehead was full of pimples. I couldn't stand it anymore so I went to go see my doctor and he prescribed me Retin-A. It says to apply everyday over night after washing your face. So I applied it every night and the first three weeks my acne was okay by the second month I had another mild breakout but by the third month it began to calm down again. By the fourth the skin around my nose started to peel and it was very itchy. Because of this I applied alchol free/ fragrance free lotion and my skin got better. By the 6th month my acne was under control! I only had a couple of pimples here & there. But the product works wonders! It just takes patience!"

AAG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 6, 2014

For Acne "So about five months ago or so I asked my esthetician for some Retin-A (tretinoin) cream and she gave me the 1% concentration. I had moderate acne when I was younger, but I didn't leave it alone. Haha. I picked at it, and so I have some "mild" (Or so I'm told -I think it's terrible!) scarring now even though my acne went away with age. I'm 25 now. Acne went away at about 19. Some are pockmarks, and others just discoloration and a little uneven texture. I jumped straight to everyday use. Expected irritation and redness, but none came. My (sensitive) skin handled it awesomely. Product works great. Skin peels off every morning. Haha. Scars are fading nicely. Pockmarks much less depressed. I get compliments on my skin now!"

Josh112788 December 29, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "I started getting small bumps, (not exactly pimples, but should be taken care of immediately else it would grow into pimples later) on my forehead and chin areas. It started to spread in cheeks too. I first started using Retin-A cream. Initially I had lots of new breakouts, but didn't give up my patience. New breakouts started to fade out on continuous application at only nights after cleansing with Episoft lotion. After a month I started applying Retin-A, My skin texture, pimple marks, uneven skin tone has improved drastically. Only thing is use this product only at night after proper cleansing. Initially this will cause skin peeling and irritation. "

sangta November 26, 2013

For Photoaging of the Skin "I'm using Retin-a 0.025 gel version of tretinoin. My review is more of an encouragement rather than full review. My full review will happen after at least a year of usage. Current usage - 2 months. So, you see, within 2 months of usage already deserves a 8 score rating from me. I could easily give it higher but I rather wait for my full review. Now, I have read many of what the users said here and on the Internet. It will be best for new users not to pay too much attention of users below 2 months of usage. Because all you hear is pain, breakout, worries and eventually the key way they use = give up. It's your choice. But please read those who have actually used tretinoin for at least 6 months. "

AG12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2013

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Photoaging of the Skin "Great."

Anonymous February 15, 2013

For Acne "Five years ago, I was prescribed Accutane for my acne. It certainly kept my acne at bay for five years. A few months ago, I started breaking out again and this time the severity was less than it previously was. It was a few small zits and blackheads here and there. I was prescribed Retin A and it was a God send! The first two weeks, I battled with extra oily skin and my face turned beet red. I persevered and by the third week, the redness subsided and my face became acclimatised to it. The acne has definitely gone away as has the blackheads. The plus side is that my face looked smoother in years and whatever residual acne scars and discolorations have softened and looked better and better. Retin A addressed my acne needs and truly delivered."

James12P August 19, 2012

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "Okay I just switched from using Differen which helped my skin but didn't completely cure it. I have always had mild to moderate acne. I went to my dermatologist and I started using Retin-A every other night for the past weeks and few days. I'M BREAKING OUT LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW. This is awful and I have to go to school during this. I really hope this is just the initial breakout, and I'm not one of the people who end up saying this left my skin worse then when I started. I'm going to give it another month or two."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2012

For Photoaging of the Skin "This medication may be great for those struggling with extreme oiliness and acne, but it actually caused me to break out! I wanted the benefits of it's ability to help strengthen collagen and help with evening out skin tone etc... but I got overly dry super sensitive acne ridden skin instead. I recently waxed areas of my face that needed it, even after not using the product a couple of days and I was bleeding! I've never had this problem before. My skin has always been very resilient and able to handle most anything. But it doesn't seem to agree with this product. I will have to find a different approach to maintaining my youth."

FrannyLou November 28, 2011

For Acne "I am 33 and and using Retin A. I have found the product to work wonders while using antibiotics as well. The cell turn over rate is so much faster and heals the acne like nothing I have seen. There is some dryness in areas, but overall has been my magic in a tube. LOVE IT!"

Anonymous August 24, 2010

For Acne "I started using it when I was 16 when all else failed. Retin A gave me perfect skin: no bumps, invisible pores, scars disappeared, even coloration. I'm 28 now and it has stopped working when I was 26 and in the last 2 years, I've been looking for another product to give me those same results. But no luck yet. Bumps are back, pores reappeared, scars are back, skin tone uneven, and nothing seems to work - Just the way it was before I found Retin A. If you can get 10 years out of a product, I say go for it! Now I'm hoping to find the next one that can give me 10 more years and hopefully by then I'll be done with acne!"

kora October 21, 2009

For Acne "It didn't do anything for me!"

dawnamert August 21, 2009