User Reviews for Actemra

Learn more about Actemra.

Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis 2 reviews 8 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 5 reviews 341 medications

Summary of Actemra reviews 7 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Actemra

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I had tried Orencia, which worked for three months and then quit. Next, I was on Rituximab, but after a year and a half, my rheumatologist and myself decided to switch, as it was not helping enough. My rheumatologist suggested Actemra and life has come back to me! I have only been on it a year and a half, but during this time, I have felt so much better. My C-reactive protein went from 38 to 1 and my SED rate has gone from 18 to 0.1. Interestingly, the IL-6 protein was my culprit and Actemra targets that protein. With todays Vectra-DA blood test, studies are finding which biologic medications can work the best for you. Rheumatologists are also finding the sooner they turn down your symptoms, the easier it is to control inflammation caused by autoimmune disease."

ItsmeWayne (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 26, 2015

For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis "I started on this after failing treatment with two other injectibles. At 4 weeks I felt great! Like I had nothing wrong with me. Now at three months I still feel better than before but I definitely begin having pain for a couple of days before my injection. This is better than any other medication I have been on for this."

ALEXA LEE (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have very active rheumatoid arthritis, I started Actemra in May 2010, it took 8 or 9 months for it to start working. March 2014, I had a low white blood count, called Neutropenia. Stopped Actemra for 3 months, now I'm on a 1/2 a dose. Tried many other meds over the years, but nothing worked like Actemra for me. I hope I can keep taking it. Time will tell. So many side effects to look out for. 55 year old female on Medicare."

wonderful1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2014

For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis "After many different medicines, this medicine worked the best! Happy with results."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have had 3 infusions. My ESR have gone from 33 down to 8 & my CRP has gone from 17.9 down to 0.7. This stuff rocks."

chezalsue January 10, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Previous experience with other medicines that were ineffective were Enbrel and Humira. I was on methotrexate for 5 years but was taken off as it caused an enlarged liver. I've been on tocilizumab now for 7 months. Its fantastic! No stiffness and no flares! Took about 8 weeks to kick in fully. I've suffered a few side effects including sores on my hands and feet, bleeding gums and upper respiratory tract infection. Side effects are subsiding now though and seem insignificant due to how good my rheumatoid arthritis has been since on tocilizumab. I feel fantastic!"

JoyfulJo aged 43 May 30, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2008. I was put on methotrexate almost immediately. My first stab at a TNF inhibitor went well for about a year. Then, there were a couple of tries with different meds (including the dreaded prednisone for flares). My PA thought that we could "do better".....so, I researched and she researched....together, we came up with Actemra. The stiffness in the morning is GONE! I haven't flared in over a year! I'm SO lucky to have found Actemra. The only thing that kind of bugs me, is that the week before my next infusion is due, I get a little stiff and more tired than usual."

kelsue5202 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate