User Reviews for Actemra

Learn more about Actemra.

Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis 1 reviews 8 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 4 reviews 362 medications

8.8
Summary of Actemra reviews 5 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Actemra

Review by wonderful1 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have very active rheumatoid arthritis, I started Actemra in May 2010, it took 8 or 9 months for it to start working. March 2014, I had a low white blood count, called Neutropenia. Stopped Actemra for 3 months, now I'm on a 1/2 a dose. Tried many other meds over the years, but nothing worked like Actemra for me. I hope I can keep taking it. Time will tell. So many side effects to look out for. 55 year old female on Medicare.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 16, 2014 7:55 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: After many different medicines, this medicine worked the best! Happy with results.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by chezalsue:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have had 3 infusions. My ESR have gone from 33 down to 8 & my CRP has gone from 17.9 down to 0.7. This stuff rocks.

January 10, 2014 9:19 AM

Review by JoyfulJo aged 43:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Previous experience with other medicines that were ineffective were Enbrel and Humira. I was on methotrexate for 5 years but was taken off as it caused an enlarged liver. I've been on tocilizumab now for 7 months. Its fantastic! No stiffness and no flares! Took about 8 weeks to kick in fully. I've suffered a few side effects including sores on my hands and feet, bleeding gums and upper respiratory tract infection. Side effects are subsiding now though and seem insignificant due to how good my rheumatoid arthritis has been since on tocilizumab. I feel fantastic!

May 30, 2013 11:01 PM

Review by kelsue5202 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2008. I was put on methotrexate almost immediately. My first stab at a TNF inhibitor went well for about a year. Then, there were a couple of tries with different meds (including the dreaded prednisone for flares). My PA thought that we could "do better".....so, I researched and she researched....together, we came up with Actemra. The stiffness in the morning is GONE! I haven't flared in over a year! I'm SO lucky to have found Actemra. The only thing that kind of bugs me, is that the week before my next infusion is due, I get a little stiff and more tired than usual.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2013 12:32 PM