User Reviews for Actemra

Learn more about Actemra.

Reviews for Actemra to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Review by chezalsue: User Rating:

I have had 3 infusions. My ESR have gone from 33 down to 8 & my CRP has gone from 17.9 down to 0.7. This stuff rocks.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 10, 2014 9:19 AM
Review by JoyfulJo aged 43: User Rating:

Previous experience with other medicines that were ineffective were Enbrel and Humira. I was on methotrexate for 5 years but was taken off as it caused an enlarged liver. I've been on tocilizumab now for 7 months. Its fantastic! No stiffness and no flares! Took about 8 weeks to kick in fully. I've suffered a few side effects including sores on my hands and feet, bleeding gums and upper respiratory tract infection. Side effects are subsiding now though and seem insignificant due to how good my rheumatoid arthritis has been since on tocilizumab. I feel fantastic!

May 30, 2013 11:01 PM
Review by kelsue5202 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2008. I was put on methotrexate almost immediately. My first stab at a TNF inhibitor went well for about a year. Then, there were a couple of tries with different meds (including the dreaded prednisone for flares). My PA thought that we could "do better".....so, I researched and she researched....together, we came up with Actemra. The stiffness in the morning is GONE! I haven't flared in over a year! I'm SO lucky to have found Actemra. The only thing that kind of bugs me, is that the week before my next infusion is due, I get a little stiff and more tired than usual.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 28, 2013 12:32 PM

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Got questions about Rheumatoid Arthritis? Get answers from our expert Dr. Carteron. Click Here