User Reviews for Zanaflex

Learn more about Zanaflex.

Zanaflex review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Cluster Headaches.

Reviews for Zanaflex to treat Cluster Headaches

I suffer from migraines and also have difficulty falling and staying asleep. Following. A sleep study my doctor put me on Zanaflex to help me fall asleep faster and reduced random leg movements during the night. I took for it about a month and it really helped me sleep although I did have a groggy feeling in the morning that was hard to shake off. However, it aggravated my migraines so that instead of getting them 2 or 3 times a year, I got a migraine every week during the month I was taking Zanaflex, so unfortunately I had to stop taking it.

March 22, 2012 11:15 PM

I have been taking Zanaflex and Desipramine for my daily headaches for about 1 1/2 years. They have greatly decreased the number of headaches and I am very thankful for the relief. I do experience dry mouth and frequent urination but I can live with that. Much easier than the horrible headaches I was experiencing daily.

April 20, 2010 12:39 PM

Review by rrdulworth:

I take Zanaflex for chronic tension/cluster headaches, I was suffering daily with tension headaches and I also get migraines. This drug has been a life saver for me. I have tried everything. Imitrex is still good for the migraine, when one will slip through and you are not able to take this during during the day. This medicine will cause you to sleep. I take it just before bed. But I have actually had days without a headache and before this medication that was not possible. I was truly waking up and going to bed each day with a horrible a headache and as a high school teacher, that made my job a lot harder. I am still on Topamax to keep the migraines from breaking through. I am hoping when I go through menopause, all this will go away.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2009 10:44 AM

Review by Kaety:

This works great. I take it for back spasm but also for cluster headaches. I had a stroke several years ago at age 28 years, so I am limited in what medicines I can take due to my medical history. My doctor has me take more than I need for back spasm/pain. I was warned it would make me sleepy and usually does, but in that time my headache/pain goes away almost completely. It is wonderful, especially since it is not a controlled substance. I'd rather take this for both conditions than the 100mg Demerol every 4 hours I was on for several years. Not only don't I miss the injections, but since it does not have the side effects and addiction I can do more since I can think more clearly and function more.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2009 2:13 PM