User Reviews for Tioconazole

Also known as: Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator, Tioconazole 1 Day, Vagistat-1

Learn more about Tioconazole.

Tioconazole Rating Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I am sitting crying in my bathtub. I've personally never felt anything worse. Maybe it's effective, but I'm dreading to see if that's actually true. I'm not sure it's worth it."

Anonymous May 3, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Im currently 3 hours into the OVULE Inseet treatment and i feel like im dying. I've taken 2 showers to try and get some relief from the burning & I've gotten none whatsoever. This is my second time using it and the 1st time was a breeze but this time is HELL! Im never using this again. I've seriously considered going to the hospital because its 3:00am and the pain is so intense."

NEVERAGAIN.Bewarned May 3, 2016

"I'm so very glad I looked at this page. I should have looked before I took this one day treatment. I've had plenty of yeast infections over my 44 years of life and I know the other 3-7 day cream burns and itches so I thought one day of that would be easier. I. Was. Wrong. I put the one day pre filled dose in at 11pm, went to bed, and thought it'd be ok. At three am I woke up swollen shut. Spasms and burning don't even begin to describe it. Just ouch!!! So I looked at this online and saw the comment about taking Benadryl for a reaction. I thought, it can't hurt. I soaked in a bath for five minutes because, seriously, I was so swollen and sore down there. Like after giving birth sore. The YI is gone. Take Benadryl."

Grateful for this page May 1, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I am in my twenties and am currently battling my second yeast infection. For my first one, I used the Monistat 1 ovule with great success. Immediate relief of symptoms, and full treatment overnight. So, when I got my second yeast infection I used the same treatment. Immediately after inserting the ovule and using the cream, I felt the irritation and itching begin to intensify. Less than 30 minutes later I was sitting in the bathtub bawling and feeling like I could pull my hair out. I'm typically very tolerant to pain and have never had any type of reaction to ANY kind of medication. Next time, I will DEFINITELY be calling my doctor for the oral pill. The pain is not worth the money you might save. Rated 5 because it DOES work, but it hurts."

Aannoonn May 1, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "OMG!!! It is difficult to describe the sheer insanity that this medication causes. I have always used the 7 day cream for my YI (which I don't get very often, except with antibiotics), but decided to use the 1-day this time. The itching that was part of the YI was irritating, but the burning and itching associated with this medicine was unbearable. I thought that I was going to lose my mind. The fireants and gasoline/match analogies were right on. I used it at night and I actually considered going to the hospital thinking that I was having an allergic reaction. It was like that for four days. The instructions say wait 7 days, but I don't think that is worth it. I still feel the itching inside after 5 days but the lotion says external"

Anony. May 1, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Worst experience ever!. I cant even walk properly. My vagina is burning. Never buy this one."

maniyl April 30, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "This is the worst pain I have ever experienced. I can imagine only giving birth being worse. I had itching and burning that was very uncomfortable but tolerable before the Monistat 1. After the Monistat 1, the pain became so bad that I had to consciously breath to keep myself from loosing my temper. I went to the obgyn and when she tested me it hurt so bad that I actually cried... It would not have been that bad without the Monistat. She did explain that the yeast can create little cuts basically and when you put the cream in there it can cause burning. Just like putting alcohol on a cut.... So that's the explanation for it and it doesn't make me angry with Monistat. I'm just ready for this to be gone..."

TryingToBeStrong (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I used the Monistat 1 ovule and definitely can appreciate previous posts. Itching and burning is always present with a YI. This product seems to be exacerbating the itching/burning. Hopefully it will be worth it in the end. To those suffering with the increased itching: Benadryl. Take Benadryl. I will say this one more time because I know how desperate for relief we are when it feels like fire ants are attacking your vagina. Take Benadryl. It will significantly decrease, if not entirely eliminate the itching. If I come out on the other side sans YI, the itching will have been worth it."

LynnJ72 April 28, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I inserted it around 11:30pm last night, put on the anti itch cream and not too long after felt mild itching, I was able to go to sleep but woke up at 5am. I hadn't used a pad so my panties and pants were soaked and I went to the bathroom hoping it's all come out, I couldn't resist the urge to itch when I wiped and now I have a mild itch but a pretty noticeable burn. If the yeast infection goes away, MAYBE it's worth it but otherwise it sucks, I was so tempted to take a bath. I checked and I'm swollen but not as bad as some people on here but proceeded to shower and use summers eve wash around the area, I still have a slight burn but no itch, hoping it goes away soon! I wouldn't recommend unless you're desperate. The 3 day is better!"

Not too fond (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I got a yeast infection after going off birth control and my hormones getting messed up. I have had mild yeast infections before and felt this one coming on three days ago though I never went to get it diagnosed at the doctor. I tried to just get through it by applying some anti itch creams and taking homeopathic supplements but my itching/burning just got worse. This morning, I couldn't even leave my apartment for work I was so swollen and itchy! I bought this product and right off the bat it was super itchy and burned and I started reading the reviews and thought "oh no what have I done!". BUT after laying in bed for 2 hours it has stopped hurting and now I feel no itch or pain. I have also been icing. Let's hope this continues to work!"

lowlowg (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): "I picked this up after a few days of mild itching, no smelly discharge or anything to crazy. I inserted it and within 5 minutes it began to burn and itch. It is currently 4 am and I have been awake for the the last 3 hours tossing and turning. I went to the bathroom and looked at what was going on down there and my outer labia is puffy and red. I had to pee hoping it would make it better but no luck. The stuff came out along with some discharge. I do not recommend my symptoms are worse than before!!"

inpain16 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I had been prescribed antibiotics and unfortunately had a YI within just a few days. I did lots of research but wanted it to go away as quickly as possible. I bought the Monistat 1 day and inserted it as I was getting ready for bed. As soon as I laid down I was reading reviews and immediately was so scared with the terribly painful reviews that some have posted, that I couldn't sleep with the anticipation of pain I was about to feel. I stayed awake for four hours and felt no pain, for about 20 minutes I felt a little bit uncomfortable but nothing close to what was explained on here. I guess everyone handles pain differently, but it did the job and by the second day, I was all better."

Hannah445 April 25, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "This needs to come with a warning on the box! I'm on fire as I speak...After 30min I felt a itching THEN BURNING . PLEASE DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT HELPPPP SOSOMEONE This is taking place right now 4/23/16"

Sjones30 April 24, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "This is the worst medication ever. The pain (intense burning and itching) started 5 minutes after i inserted the medication. That was almost 6 hours ago and I cannot sit down because the pain is so intense. Almost considered going to the hospital to make sure I wasn't having an allergic reaction but as it turns out- MANY people have had this unfortunate experience with Monistat 1. Holy cow- no no no!"

scooter8067 April 24, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "First, I don't write reviews but I have to for this one. I just finished taking antibiotics and got a YI i used the monistat 1 day O. After inserting it within an hour I was burning and itching severely. It's been 3hours now and I'm still hurting, I can't even close my legs because I'm so swollen. I don't recommend this product if you are a sensitive person. I will never ever buy this again. Trust me if you don't want your vaginal feeling like someone threw gas on it and then threw a match on it don't get this."

Anonymous April 22, 2016

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): "Anytime I have to take strong antibiotics I generally get a YI. I usually just do the 3 day treatment and opted to try 1 day just to see. *Sigh* Shortly after insertion, there was intense itching as I tried to go to sleep. The next day I pushed out the remainder of the application, or so I thought. I spent the next day wiping and burning. No bueno. I'll just stick to 3 days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I'm 16 weeks pregnant with a yeast infection due to anribiotics. I bought the Monistat 1 with egg. Showered, inserted egg, applied cream... Good hour it's been up there and I'm sitting on the toilet in TEARS!!! The infection wasn't even this uncomfortable! This is the worst! And the external cream burns now from the irritation. Lord help me plz!!!"

TheBurningCat25 April 21, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I am shocked by all the negative reviews on here. maybe I am less sensitive then most I'm not sure. I just recently had my first yeast infection and bought this right away as recommended by my co workers. I inserted the ovule and left it in over night and used the itch relief cream to relieve the normal systems from the YI. By the next morning the burning and swelling were completely gone, I applied the cream once more the next day and by the next night all symptoms were completely gone. I would highly recommend this product from my experience!"

Anonymous April 21, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "If it was possible, I would give this product a -10. I researched the quickest acting YI OTC treatment and everyone I knew talked about Monistat. I had big plans for tonight, so I really needed this infection to be under wraps. Took the insert around 8:00 last night and applied the cream. Within minutes, my vagina felt like it was on fire. Like I'd dipped a tampon in acid and stuck it up there. On top of that, the itching (which was uncomfortable but bearable before) spiked to feel like that whole area was itching - clit to anus. I think it's mostly the cream that causes the burning. It's noon the next day and no change - only now I have extra gross discharge. So much for a "one day fix.""

OuchMyVagHurts April 20, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "First time I've ever had a yeast infection and let's be real here, ain't nobody got time for that! It felt like Lucifer himself had sent an army of ants to torture me endlessly. By the second day I thought, "not today, Satan," and promptly shuttled myself to the pharmacy, speeding in anticipation of itch relief. I got the monistat, inserted that stuff, and boy can I say I've never been so happy about an egg resting in and about my lady zone. It's been about an hour and a half and the product has exorcised the demons of irritation from my body, already. I have had none of the side effects that the other women had in the reviews before mine. "

Feeling fabulous (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I get yeast infections pretty frequently because I have a compromised immune system. I have used this product several times, and this is the second time I have had a bad reaction to it. About an hour and a half after insertion I started experiencing deep itching/stabbing feelings... Basically REALLY intense itching and a small amount of burning. To the point I wanted my fiancé to knock me out until it was over. I don't know what my other options are, but I don't think I'm going to use this product anymore. It's been 4 hours now (about) and I'm able to at least think and move, but it is still itching/burning. Really miserable. Will be telling my ob about this on Friday. I think I'm pregnant. I hope this doesn't mess with anything."

Pleaseletitstop (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Because I have kidney problems and reoccurring kidney Infections I'm often prescribed antibiotics causing frequent yeast infections. ..I use monistat EVERY time I've gotten a YI. Yes the burning and itching is intense but is much rather have extreme symptoms for 1 day than itching and uncomfort for a week from an untreated YI.. I even go to work With the ovule in ...its not that much more intense than the YI symptoms alone..and no I do not have a sitting down job,"

supercalifragalisticexpealidoc April 20, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "When I used the monistat 1 day or night maximum strength for a self diagnosed yeast infection I did experience burning about an hour after using it & I must say it was horrible. But I just delt with it, I went to sleep & the next morning the swelling & pain was gone. I had a minor burning feeling but it went away the next day & now I'm perfectly fine. I recommend it. You're gonna go through a little pain but you get better."

Tocky April 19, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I just used the 3 day prefilled injections about an hour ago, right away after 10 mins of using the first one I had terrible itching and mild burning! It was very uncomfortable honestly worst than the yeast infection itself! I couldn't not go to bed so I decided to take another shower and wash it out or at least try to so it would calm down. So far the itching has subsided a Lil, but the burning is THERE! seems like the two have switched roles. I Dont think I will be continuing the treatment and I will NEVER use this again! This is my first yeast infection and I did not know much about this product. Nor did I read reviews which is my fault."

Anonymous April 19, 2016

"Worst product ever !!!! With all the horrible reviews that it has, I don't understand how it's still on the market. I unfortunately fell into buying the product because it's suppose to be "recommended by Doctors", and I must say, the night I inserted this gel/cream inside of me. I thought my vagina was on FIRE. It's been 3 days now since I've used it... and my vagina is soooo irritated and soooo red, looks like someone took a match and burned me inside. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. GO SEE A DOCTOR AND GET ANTIBIOTICS BETTER LIKE DIFLUCAN."

Red Hot Vagina April 19, 2016