User Reviews for Tioconazole

Also known as: Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator, Tioconazole 1 Day, Vagistat-1

Learn more about Tioconazole.

Tioconazole Rating Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "OMG reading these reviews is making me a feel a little better because this shit is sooooooo painful. I got a YI after antibiotics with a UTI a few months ago and took the pill orally that I received from the doctor at urgent care since they're so common with UTIs. This time had INTENSE itching right before my period and took Monistat day 1 of my period because I wanted the slight itch to go away and it burns/itches now 10 times worse. I'm hoping that the intensity of these side effects is an indication that the monistat is working because of this continues into tomorrow I just don't know what I'm going to do."

notsobadtoAWFUL May 29, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I would rather break all the bones in my body before experiencing the burning I had from using this product. I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy..."

Dying Monistat user (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I was 3 days into a YI and it was starting to really bother me so I decided to use this. It was fine for about 15 minutes but then the itching and burning from the medicine was 10x worse than any YI I've ever had. It got to the point where I had to go into the bathroom and clean it all out. I felt a lot better shortly after I got it out. I found that sleeping with a pillow between your legs helps relieve the burn."

Dami May 29, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "HORRIBLE!! Just horrible! I surly wish I would've read these reviews PRIOR to sticking this inside of me! The burning and itching is intense! Ice is working a little bit. I inserted at 10pm and woke up at midnight and can't go back to sleep now."

CantSleepInCa (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Ugh I can't sleep the itchyness is killing me it's so unbearable I should've read the side effects"

Upset12345 May 28, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "So... I've used the 3 day version successfully a couple times. This time I was lured in by the thought of just one application. About 12 hours in (on my way to a concert gig I thought would therefore be torture!), I thought, "what the hell? It's WORSE now! Maybe it's not just yeast! Maybe I'm DYING!" But now, 6 hours later, the burning, swelling, "full" feeling is subsiding. For me, at least, assuming I continue to feel better into tomorrow and for the next week, four hours of "huh?" is worth ease of use and quick relief. Note: I don't keep pads around, but I wish I did, because I've changed panties from the gel oozing out of me, three times today already. Still worth it."

B from Chicagoland (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I have used monistat-1 before and had great results. This time, however, is vastly different. To be objective, I did wait a good amount of time to treat my YI, as I had one that was able to resolve itself and then almost immediately was placed on another round of antibiotics. So, I decided to go for the maximum strength. HUGE MISTAKE. I took it around midnight just before going to bed - it is now 4am, I am experiencing itching and burning so intense I am incapable of going back to sleep, and I am doing my best to not take a shower and wash it out. The directions do report that this may happen, but I just don't think it's worth it. Symptoms are way worse than the infection itself."

Anonymous May 26, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Was on strong antibiotic, purchased this because it was on sale. First mistake. Applied it at 10pm...second mistake. Went to sleep after a bit and was awakened by intense burning and swelling at 2 am. Thought something was terribly wrong. "Too hot, hot damn, call the police and the fireman". Read these reviews, calmed down. Took zyrtec, about hour and half later the burning is abating some.I may live but will never use this product again."

PuffLady (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I 100% love this product, I would most definitely use it again if needed. I was nervous at first before using it due to others experiences and reviews that were posted but i gave it a try anyways and im so glad i did ! My symptoms disappeared instantly. I used the applicator last night before bed and also applied the anti-itch cream after it was inserted, everything worked perfectly. No burning or itching side effects were involved. However, I would recommend using a liner or pad while your sleeping leakage DOES occur during the night."

P.Jaynell May 25, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I wish I found this feed while I was going through the intense burning and itching or before or I took the day 1. I always take the pill because I have had issues in the past if it not working. But this was insane I wanted to rip outhe my insides from the burning and itching. I had to wipe out the medicine as best I could and am waiting for my doctor to call in a pill. I will never try that pain again."

Noway! May 25, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Oh. My. Gosh. Most painful thing I have experienced in quite some time. I don't often write reviews, but this was a must. I almost instantly felt like my Vagina was on fire and it wasn't until I googled the product reviews that I realized it wasn't just me. I injected the medicine right before bed and laid there in agony for about an hour. I finally fell asleep after convincing myself that it was painful because the medicine was doing work in a shorter time frame. I thought I would wake up pain free and good to go but unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case. The symptoms have lessened slightly, and hopefully they continue to subside and I am in the clear soon, but I don't think I will ever use this medicine again."

CSB1 May 25, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "So I am on the 1- day Monistat because my doctor recommended it. After I inserted it I was fine, but as soon as I went to the bathroom it started to burn, BAD! The pain is probably around a 6 or 7, usually I can tolerate pain but this pain is to annoying. It's not a stabbing pain it's a itchy scratching pain. I feel like someone is inside me inching at me. You usually feel the pain 2 hours later, once you pee."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "This is the second time I have used this product and the first time was a breeze, I popped it in over night and the next morning woke up feeling fresh as a daisy but this time I tried something a little different; instead of using it over night I used it during the day. ( I don't suggest doing this) maybe and hour after application intense burning and stinging occurred but I took a really hot bath and after put a cold cloth on it and it began feeling better. Don't let the scary side affects turn you away, I began feeling better in a couple hours and the YI goes away a lot quicker. I'd rather have a couple hours burning and itching rather than days!"

I've been there before May 23, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Honestly I inserted this application right before going out so around 9:30 pm about 15 minutes later intense itching had started! It didn't subside until an hour later when I peed and then it was bearable. I woke up this morning and feel completely fine so I feel like it did it's job . If you aren't super sensitive and can withstand extreme discomfort like an hour and a half then do it!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I read a lot of scary reviews before I went out and bought the overnight anyway... Either those reviews are exaggerated extremely, or I got lucky. The burning was pretty minimal, you have to also consider the medicine is doing a job in one night instead of 7... So there will be itching and burning. It's about 20 hours into treatment and it itches a little, but when you get a yeast infection, it causes little tiny cuts on the inside.. This is why it itches and burns a bit! All in all, it seems to be doing its job, and the pain is not horrendous ( for me anyway ). If you start experiencing pain, or swelling, try benydrl or ibuprofen respectively !!"

Kategetenough May 21, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I've only had two YI. The first one went away within a couple days. This one im currently going through started Saturday. It is currently thursday, and I decided to try monistat. I put in the ovule and used the cream and felt immediate relief. After about 30 minutes It felt very runny down there. I went to the bathroom, and when i layed back down, all hell broke loose. I felt an immense burning in and around my vagina. If this doesnt feel better by tomorrow, i will not be using monistat for the fact that the side affects hurt a million times more than the actual infection. Praying its better in the morning! Putting a cold wash cloth on it helps."

Jayjayananymous May 20, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I had a slight yeast infection. Caught it early & decided to knock it out with the 1 day treatment. I have a hard time reading small print but wanted relief so bad I figured it couldnt be worse than the YI symptoms. Itching is now intense internally and I have been in tears on several occasions. I think I am on the verge of it burning (probably because I am having a very hard time not wiping an extra time or 2 to scratch this intense itch). This is day 3. Glad I read these reviews so I understand it is common just wish I would have read them BEFORE I spent the extra money. I was expecting faster results. Dont think its Monistats fault that people didnt read the fine print. People doing reviews should think about that before rating a product"

Les miserable (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "While this product may work to treat the problem, the side effects are awful. I not only experienced itching like no other and burning that could only be relieved by finally falling asleep, but this morning I had sudden shortness of breath. I am not allergic to the drug and was not experiencing an allergic reaction. I did some digging and found a study that mentioned out of 167, 14 people experienced shortness of breath on monistat 1 and they all had depression. I have depression and was not aware this could happen, so long story short beware if you have depression and use this."

Caution needed May 15, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "So I had a YI and I bought the monistat 1 cause I used the monistat 3 before and I wanted a quicker recovery. So I used it and I started reading reviews and freaked out.. But I had a great experience, only a little itching and tingling which is normal because it's cleaning you out. Nothing like the other reviews. Just make sure you have a YI. I think the people who had bad reviews didn't have a YI and had some other bacterial infection."

Jules23345 May 12, 2016

"Idk why everyone is saying the burning / itching is not tolerable. I would describe it as a moderate annoyance. I put the medicine in about a half an hour ago and yes there is itching and a slight burning but I'm glad because I know it's working. I'm not sure if my pain tolerance is higher but I am just relaxing and ignoring it and by the morning it will be gone. I did not take a shower immediately before using the medicine so not sure if that makes any difference. I have had yeast infections before and have always had this reaction.. It's only one day so you just have to bear it and look forward to not having a yeast infection anymore. Obviously it's going to be worse than taking a pill but what do you expect?"

Rxv19372 May 12, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I have used monistat 1 several times. Sometimes I have no burning and other times (one time in particular) I have such severe burning that I cannot sleep through the night. I continue to use monistat 1 because it WORKS 100% of the time. The time that I had the worst pain, I had let the YI go on for a while with no treatment and was very inflamed by the time I used monistat. I thought this was why I had such an adverse reaction, but I have also treated an oncoming an infection immediately and I still had moderate burning (but not severe). I would still recommend this product to most people, but I recommend taking it just before going to bed and falling asleep before the full burning hits (about 2 hours after insertion)."

Vicky21 May 11, 2016

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): "I've taken this before but some reason this time I'm in PAIN. Burning is unbearable, I showered incerted the oval woke up 3 hours later in so much discomfort .... I have never experienced this maybe a bad batch has gotten out but this pain is just toooooo much for me.... Never ever never again..... I'm not sexually active either so I know it's just a YI but I felt better before this way better"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I inserted it at 9:50 p.m. it's now 10:12 p.m. and I wanna stab someone in the throat. It started itching and burning immediately. I'm about to jump out of my car window while on the freeway if this doesn't end. My vaginal feels like I have flees. I swear to God I will never and I repeat never use this product again."

Dynasty Griffin May 11, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I brought Monistat 1-Day before i came into work today and i did not think anything about it. I used Monistat (the cream) and i was fine. I took it around 8:45am and i would say around 10am, i felt the itching and i mean really bad itching. I thought well maybe there is something wrong, yes, i did feel a little burn. More burn when i sat down then anything, so i went to the bathroom and rubbed the cream on. It is now 1:49pm, and the itching is not so bad, but the burning is starting to hurt. For me, it is not to the point where i need to go home early. I just figured this is 1 day process not 3 to 7 days, and yes you will feel burning and itching, because it is basically doing work from a 3 to 7 day stretch period. Advil helps also"

Kimberly_b82 May 10, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I'm surprised at all the complaints here. Monday morning, after a sleepless night of itching — thanks to a course of strong antibiotics last week! — I ran out at 8am and bought this product, and a box of Rephresh probiotic capsules. Came home, used both. Within HOURS I was less itchy and uncomfortable. I had some itching this morning, but in the last few hours it's disappeared completely. I didn't have any of the increased itching or burning reported by others, and I have to wonder if the reporting is reliable: some of these people might just be experiencing an upswing in the existing symptoms of their yeast infection, and the medication simply hasn't caught up to it yet (because of course it doesn't work instantly). Give this stuff a try!"

MsPolyTheist (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2016