Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Tioconazole

Also known as: Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator, Tioconazole 1 Day, Vagistat-1

Learn more about Tioconazole.

Tioconazole review summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Review by llinndayy:

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): I read all of these reviews and FREAKED out. I was so scared to try it. I remembered years ago, trying some other brand and the second I inserted it, it BURNED. So I was very skeptical about this huge dose "1 day" thing.. but I just bit the bullet and did it because pain for a little is better than more severe problems down the road. I took 3 ibuprofun and ate some comfort food and took a sleeping pill (so I would hopefully be asleep if there would be any pain to come) and had a heating pad on my tum. The Monistat didn't phase me at all. It's like it wasn't even there. Very minimal discharge the next day, no pain, no cramps, nothing. If I focused really hard, I could sometimes feel the TINIEST sensation of burning. I'd totally recommend.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2015 6:16 PM

Review by Uncomfortable and Irritated:

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): My friend suggested this when I told her I had a yeast infection. I have burning, itching, and discharge. The discharge is so bad that I have a rash as well from how irritated my skin is. I got the Monistat 1 with the applicator and the exterior cream. I used it last night before bed, was up at 3:30 putting more cream on because I was uncomfortable. Then again at 5:30 and again at 9. I have no relief at all.

February 19, 2015 8:53 AM

Review by Itchy Vag (taken for less than 1 month):

Vagistat-1 (tioconazole): I've never had an yeast infection before, but know a few people who have and they described it as the worst feeling ever! Well...I AGREE! But after using Vagistat-1 I was relieved of the horrible itching and burning in a little over 8 hours, I still itch a little but the burning is gone (in its defense it did say 3 days). I recommend it to anyone suffering from a vaginal yeast infection.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2015 6:02 PM

Review by Sammi5:

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): Once I bought this product I looked up reviews for it afterwards, it greatly discouraged me because it had such poor reviews, I really don't know why, it did exactly what it was supposed to do, in under 24 hours I was relieved of all symptoms. I would highly recommend this product.

February 7, 2015 10:31 AM

Review by Nora123456789:

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): So I'm very prone to yeast infections and UTIs so this is not new for me. I knew the signs and symptoms of my yeast infection: itching, a lot of discomfort, and thick creamy discharge. I waited it out a couple days because sometimes when they're mild they'll go away on their own, but I couldn't handle the discomfort. So luckily I had Monistat 1 at home so I popped it in and it's been almost 4 hours and I'm feeling amazing. So I guess you're supposed to take this before bed? But I used it at 7:45 AM because I didn't want to be uncomfortable this whole day. I've heard horrible stories about Monistat 1 and amazing ones as well, just depends on your body and how it reacts to the medicine. Not everyone feels results as quick as me! Dont panic!

January 16, 2015 1:41 PM

Review by xaprilx2:

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): This is the best and most effective product I've used. I've had yeast infections before and it takes about a week to be fully recovered. But Monistat 1 day is awesome. I would suggest doing this before bed, there will be leakage for the next few days so a panty liner or pad is suggested. I didn't experience the burning sensation. I applied the ovule at 6:30 pm one evening before showering, the next day I woke up my itch was gone and by 6:30am my yeast infection was clear. Still leakage but less.... the 2nd day it very little to non. So it does work in 1 day. Love it!

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2015 8:58 AM

Review by No nick:

No side effects. Still slight symptoms after 24 hours of insertion. I wanted to take another dose but I've read to give it 3-7 days. So I'm waiting.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2015 3:20 PM

Review by Shazzy1:

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): This medicine worked perfectly for me. Itching started late one night so I bought Monistat 1 first thing in the morning. Not even 24 hours later, I was relieved. I had no crazy burning experience or anything...but then again you may have different results if you wait too long to get the medicine.

December 21, 2014 2:55 AM

Review by Thankful-Times-10:

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): I had gone to the doctor already and was given a one time use pill for a yeast infection plus antibiotics for a urinary tract infection. The itching and burning continued despite these medicines. I bought this product and decided to try it even after reading the negative reviews. I was desperate and already in the midst of extreme itching and pain so I used it at 1 am when I woke up again due to the irritation. Once I inserted it, I felt immediate relief and I do mean immediate. I don't understand the negative reviews, maybe each person's body reacts differently, but I would highly recommend this product.

December 17, 2014 4:05 AM

Review by Young adult female (taken for less than 1 month):

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): This medication quickly worsened the itching and burning and made me very sick. Nausea and vomiting with headaches began only and hour after insertion

November 23, 2014 11:55 PM

Review by jaee (taken for less than 1 month):

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): I developed a yeast infection and didn't want to deal with the 7 days of inserting the medicine, so I tried Monistat 1 and after applying it I ready the reviews and they were HORRIBLE! But do not let them scare you because I had little to no burning at all! Just a mild tingling sensation. In two days I started to notice relief. Wear a light panty liner for a few days. This product worked extremely for me, it all depends on how it reacts for you! Definitely try it!

October 27, 2014 7:21 PM

Review by PeachyMe5:

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): I've had ongoing yeast infection for over 2 months now - I know, it's been too long - but at first I just thought it was dry skin and then I thought it was fungus because I get that sometimes from tanning. Long story short, I went to the clinic, they gave me fluconazole 1 tab, and a vaginal gel to use over 5 days. After these, I got massive cottage cheese (I didn't have it before). The discharge went away after a couple days and I was back at square 1 with dry skin and redness. I used Monistat 1 day treatment last night and slept like a baby- no burning and no discomfort. This morning the redness is mostly gone and dry skin is completely gone. Some of the medicine is coming out with urination but that's normal. I'm very happy with this product.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2014 3:13 PM

Review by ad54 (taken for less than 1 month):

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): I was nervous about using the one day Monistat because of all the negative reviews I read but you have to remember that everyone reacts differently to everything, so keep that in mind! I used it before I went to bed and I felt some burning about 15-20 minutes after I did it, but that only lasted about an hour and it wasn't intense or anything ridiculously uncomfortable at all. I woke up to take my morning bathroom trip and I didn't feel any of my normal burning or itching when I went pee, so needless to say it does work! I still feel a little itchy but it doesn't burn or irritate me like before and I didn't expect it to cure me completely in one day. I suggest wearing a pad because of the leaking!

May 22, 2014 11:27 PM

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): I used Monistat 1 on a Tuesday for a yeast infection. I am pleased to say that it is now Friday and I am 100% better. I had no increase in discharge, if the ovule is placed correctly then discharge should be minimal. I will warn any users that yeast infections can delay the start of your period based in studies I read. Mine has delayed three days at this point and pregnancy test came up negative. Good luck!

April 25, 2014 10:20 PM

Review by ALz:

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): I had a horrible infection-itching, burning, swelling. So I picked up Monistat 1 at the drugstore and inserted it as soon as I came home. The cooling wipes that come with it are a life saver. After about 8 hours I felt a fairly large discharge -assuming that the medicine needs to escape somehow. I felt much less itchy the next day and my swelling went down 100%. However I am on day 3 and while my painful/uncomfortable infection symptoms have completely subsided I am still discharging quite a bit (well, a LOT actually). I'm hoping this is normal, but I may see a doctor if this persists tomorrow.

January 25, 2014 4:03 PM

Review by Anonoyomous (taken for less than 1 month):

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): I've used the Monistat-3 the last time I had this problem. I had relief the next day. I think the1 day pack must not agree with me. I woke up feeling worse than last night. I'm so swelled that I'm a little nervous. I'm going to give it a couple of hours to get better and go from there. I'm sticking to the 3 day treatment.

January 4, 2014 10:24 AM

Review by Capri-cay:

Vagistat-1 (tioconazole): I've been using Vagistat-3 & I'm on the second day. The first day I used it the discharge was coming down a lot and the second day it wasn't really any. It's not that itchy anymore, but it's really sore from me itching before I knew what it was. I hope the itching can go away because this is the worst feeling ever.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 13, 2013 2:22 AM

Review by Missy17:

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): I must say reading all the comments it's not a good feeling at all yes it burns n itch but I'm guessing cause it working will I try it again yes maybe cause I rather go through pain for a day than use creams but I must say it is messing my first time using this and I would recommend it to a friend ;-)

November 1, 2013 9:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): I've just used the Monistat 1-Day last night at about 11:30pm. Some of it came out during my morning bathroom visit, but there's quite a bit left. I even took a shower after the suggested 9-12 hours. I don't feel all the way well just yet, but I haven't experienced the extreme burning or itching side effects that a lot of people are so upset about. The only way this one day thing can work is if you actively keep up on your health and sugar intake while the medicine does it's work. Take Azo so you don't have to worry about going to the bathroom and do in fact GO to the bathroom when and as soon as you need to. Wipe front to back and wash BEFORE SEX. Not just after.

February 25, 2013 12:54 PM

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): While it did work, it burned, itched and caused swelling way more than the yeast infection itself. The infection did go away.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 23, 2011 5:33 PM

I have a yeast infection diagnosed by my doctor. I was given the one pill called fluconazole. I took it on Thursday and it has not kicked it. Last night (Friday) I used tioconazole 1 for the 1st time and I don't know if I'm allergic or if its just the side effects but since this morning (Saturday) I have been experiencing irritation and itching.

March 26, 2011 11:10 AM

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): Treated with this on a Saturday, symptoms were almost completely gone by Wednesday. The following Saturday yeast infection came back. Had to go to the doctor to get oral medication to clear it up.

February 15, 2011 11:43 PM

Vagistat-1 (tioconazole): I used Vagistat last night and it is now the following morning. It has definitely helped to the degree that it's not all I think about. I would recommend this to anyone.

June 30, 2010 7:26 AM

Review by leete:

Vagistat-1 (tioconazole): This product is very good. I have problems with yeast due to periods and eating starchy products. This products works rapidly. I recommend this product 100%.

December 6, 2009 2:45 PM

Vagistat-1 (tioconazole): I have been suffering with vaginal discharge and yeast infection on and off for approximate 15 years. I used Monistat to no avail. My doctor told me to try Vagistat and two days later, I feel great! I honestly would recommend this product to anyone suffering. At last I can honestly say I feel some relief. Thanks Vagistat

November 1, 2009 8:39 AM