User Reviews for Tioconazole

Also known as: Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator, Tioconazole 1 Day, Vagistat-1

Learn more about Tioconazole.

Tioconazole Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 47 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I inserted the Monistat one about an hour ago and have been in tears with pain and burning in my doctor doesn't know what to do. I had symptoms of a yeast infection for about 2 weeks and finally went to the store and spent $20 on this stupid thing now I don't know what to do I filled the bath with hot water and that didn't help. I can't believe this I'm in so much pain the itching and burning was never this bad originally!!!!!!"

Holisticholly (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Lucky it fell out an hour after I Inserted it. Or according to the reviews my burning could be much worse."

tigerlilly1322 February 7, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I used this earlier this afternoon and had a little itching and burning but for only a couple hours. I am already feeling so much better! Everyone reacts differently to medications so if you're weary don't go on others opinions, just go to the doctor. But, this worked just fine for me."

ItsNotThatBad February 7, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I was having mild symptoms all week of a yeast infection, and I finally went to the store and got the 1 day extreme relief monostat. Extremely the worst idea with the worst pain Ever. I questioned myself if I was allergic, until I read the reviews. I too experienced itching, burning, and now that urgent feeling of having to pee. The pain after I used monostat1 was worse than my mild symptoms before. I was in tears filling my bathtub up with hot water and desperately shaking tiny drops of tea tree oil into the bath. I was able to wash this harsh chemical out of my body, and lay down to relax. Go natural, or go to the doctors. Don't waste your time, money or body on this product."

Sad vagina (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "HORRIBLE! Stay Away! I had a mild yeast infection took the 1-day med and as soon as I inserted the medicine in the burning began!!!! The burning lasted for three days went to the doctor and had chemical burns and swelling!! Never again! Save yourself and your vagina just call the doctor and get the pill! I wish I could give this a negative ten!"

jggm February 4, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I have tried using generic brands OTC meds to relieve my yeast infection pain and discomfort and have found that ONLY Monistat gives the perfect relief and cure better than any other brand that I've tried. Recently, I bought Monistat 3 to cure a Yeast Infection I got from being on oral antibiotics for 2 weeks to help aid in precaution treatment for Dental Procedures.I noticed burning and discomfort which subsided hours after and burning and pain following the last dose of medication.I understand what I was experiencing were mild side effects and eased my symptoms with natural baby wipes and vaseline after each visit to the restroom until I noticed improvement and my symptoms went away..with that said I will still use and recommend Monistat."

Nellie36 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Inserted the ovule before reading the reviews. Glad I did, as I did not have any burning or itchiness others described! I used this at the first sign of an infection. Clumpy white discharge and external itch. It felt very... Um, warm for 24 hours but symptoms eased up after 3 days. Definitely use a panty liner, even at night! It worked well for me, but I would still try the 5 or 7 day next time if this issue arises again. Seems to be safer than the high-dose one day."

Anonononomous January 30, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I inserted this around 12am. It is now 4:55am and I am awake when I have to be at work by 7:00am. I've been awake all night and can't go to sleep because it feels like there are a million spiders having a disco in my vagina. I don't feel the burning that the other reviews say, just intense itching. Like so intense it feels like they come in little shock waves! I'm in the bathtub now because that normally helps but right now it's still annoying me. I was on day like 4 of my YI before I decided to buy the insert. Normally my YI go away on there own because I typically get them around my period due to the hormone imbalances, and this was seemed to be going away, right up until I inserted the cream"

Vickijo (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. I had a mild yeast infection: some discharge, itching, swelling and I wanted to treat it quickly so I picked monostat one day without doing any research prior. I put the dinosaur egg in me before bed and slept through the night but when I woke up for class I started to experience the worst pain I have ever felt. The burning was so much worse that the actual infection and it's been 6 hours since it started burning and it's still continuing. There is also blood coming out of me. I've been told that the 7 or 3 day monostat is a similar experience, but not as bad. This drug is also not even guaranteed to work, so I experienced this excruciating pain for nothing, and have to go on the prescribed pill."

badbitchgoodclit (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I placed the ovule and then read the reviews. I swear just reading the reviews was making me itchy. I stopped reading the reviews and decided to hope for the best. I placed the ovule in at around 10 pm, woke up around 8 with no burning, no itching but mild discharge from the ovule itself. The only thing I will say is that in the past I had BV and self diagnosed myself with a yeast infection and when I used the medication it burned like devil himself had crawled up my hoo-ha. Just make sure you in fact do have a yeast infection, don't psych yourself out and you'll be fine!"

Yeastnomore (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "So I used the Monistat 1 treament the ointment applicator and it works miracles!! The next day it was all gone! Before I used the application I had severe itching and burning"

kourt January 28, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Serious burning. I was running around the house in pain and discomfort. I thought I would have to go to Dr. I am emailing Dr. tonight. This is worse than before I used the Ovule. Seems more itching now. I'm seriously wondering why I did not see the notes from other ladies before I spend $25.00. The cost is really not it, it is the pain and lack of relief. I can't go to work like this seriously tomorrow!"

HUM campos January 27, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Used the ovule....worse discomfort, itching and burning than the actual YI. Would have been better off letting heal naturally...seriously...just go to your doctor for a prescription...It feels like you have poison oak in your Hoo-Ha. It will not improve your ability to have a normal workday. I can't sit, lie or stand...too busy fighting the urge to itch to think.."

Fireplace January 25, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I had slight discomfort, a little itching in the vaginal area. I purchased the monistat and inserted the applicator around 1am. When woke up in was in horrible pain. There is no longer an itch but the worse burning sensation ever!!! Before there was no discharge or redness just slight swelling. Now it's burning, red and discharge. Never using again!"

upset and in pain January 25, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I used monistat 1 for the first time and I'm happy with the results. Reading some of these reviews did scare me a little. I had no itch or burning. I would suggest that you use cortisone as a itch relief after inserting the applicator"

leonna lou January 24, 2016

Vagistat-1 (tioconazole): "I purchase the 1 day ovule, it's been 4 days and I'm getting constant burning and itching. I'm not sure if this gonna cure my yeast infection. Can't get an earlier appointment with my doctor so I'm now in line at the store getting the 3 day pre application tioconozale"

Bops January 24, 2016

Vagistat-1 (tioconazole): "I didn't want to deal with the inconvenience of a 7 day treatment which has worked so well for me before, so I decided to try the ovule. I cried first, when it got beyond tears I used a icepack. I ended up in the ER and they had to apply a numbing agent in addition to giving me an injection for the internal relief. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!"

KikiMayC (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I purchased this last night and put in before bed so I would be laying down while it was in. I've never had such itching and irritation in all my life. It itched worse than the yi itself!!! It itched so bad my body was twitching. I got out of bed and cleaned it all out and sat in the tub for an hour."

j987e7ebh January 22, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Will never use this again. Haven't had one of these infections in years, but never remember the RX from doctor burning like this. This is worse than pain prior to application. I will take back and get my 20 bucks back. Have a busy day at work tomorrow. I'm so mad right now!!."

Po..ed January 22, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "So I put this on last night and it made it burn and itch a little bit . Last night before I purchased this I used coconut oil which helped tame the itching before purchasing the monistat. I woke up this morning with no itch at all :)"

PaigeCat January 21, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "First of all this so called 1 day medications sole purpose is to clear up an infection in one application right? Well it seems to me this company is making a fortune on us women. My experience is the same as all these other reviews burning, burning and did I say burning?? Oh yea and I forgot to mention its 4 days later and I still have an infection. Now I have to spend MORE MONEY to get another one if I want to clear this up. So....... Now I just made the CEO'S of Monistat that much richer! The company will say " well it says right on the package may not work for all yeast infections!" To me this is just so they can cover there butt's Shame on you CEO'S of Monistat!"

Anonymous January 17, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I went to purchase Monistat 1 and bought the Monistat 1-day Tioconazole 300mg pre-filled applicator, as opposed to the Monistat 1-day Miconazole 1200mg ovule, just by chance and not knowing the difference between them. Only after I used the applicator did I look up Monistat 1 and found these horrible reviews!! Most people on here seem to have intense burning and itching for hours with the 1200mg ovule. I have had no problem with the Tioconazole 300mg pre-filled applicator. I was super worried after reading all of these reviews, and I don't know if the 1200mg ovule would have caused the severe burning for me also, but the pre-filled applicator was fine. It felt slightly uncomfortable and felt slightly "warm" for 15 mins, but that's it!"

nofireantshere January 15, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I wish I had read all these reviews before I inserted it! No burning yet, but now I'm paranoid it's going to happen."

Damn it January 15, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "How can I explain the pain I felt 3 to 4 hours after inserting this medication....I had the most painful burns...vagina, vulva thighs etc....I had such deep, burning horrific pain that I was left with horrible scar tissue.....that is now so sensitive to walking, running etc....I always have pain after.....do not use....."

pain two years later January 15, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Well I figured this stuff would work ... But I decided to research my symptoms from it (which Are even worse burning and itching and swelling now) and I have not only read the funnies things on this website but the most accurate. I never expected this. I hope this is it getting worse BEFORE it gets better. If not I gotta call the doc."

Tifftaff January 14, 2016