User Reviews for Tioconazole

Also known as: Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator, Tioconazole 1 Day, Vagistat-1

Learn more about Tioconazole.

Vaginal Yeast Infection 455 reviews 59 medications

Summary of Tioconazole reviews 455 reviews 5.0

Reviews for Tioconazole

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is the second time I have used this product and the first time was a breeze, I popped it in over night and the next morning woke up feeling fresh as a daisy but this time I tried something a little different; instead of using it over night I used it during the day. ( I don't suggest doing this) maybe and hour after application intense burning and stinging occurred but I took a really hot bath and after put a cold cloth on it and it began feeling better. Don't let the scary side affects turn you away, I began feeling better in a couple hours and the YI goes away a lot quicker. I'd rather have a couple hours burning and itching rather than days!"

I've been there before May 23, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Honestly I inserted this application right before going out so around 9:30 pm about 15 minutes later intense itching had started! It didn't subside until an hour later when I peed and then it was bearable. I woke up this morning and feel completely fine so I feel like it did it's job . If you aren't super sensitive and can withstand extreme discomfort like an hour and a half then do it!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I read a lot of scary reviews before I went out and bought the overnight anyway... Either those reviews are exaggerated extremely, or I got lucky. The burning was pretty minimal, you have to also consider the medicine is doing a job in one night instead of 7... So there will be itching and burning. It's about 20 hours into treatment and it itches a little, but when you get a yeast infection, it causes little tiny cuts on the inside.. This is why it itches and burns a bit! All in all, it seems to be doing its job, and the pain is not horrendous ( for me anyway ). If you start experiencing pain, or swelling, try benydrl or ibuprofen respectively !!"

Kategetenough May 21, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've only had two YI. The first one went away within a couple days. This one im currently going through started Saturday. It is currently thursday, and I decided to try monistat. I put in the ovule and used the cream and felt immediate relief. After about 30 minutes It felt very runny down there. I went to the bathroom, and when i layed back down, all hell broke loose. I felt an immense burning in and around my vagina. If this doesnt feel better by tomorrow, i will not be using monistat for the fact that the side affects hurt a million times more than the actual infection. Praying its better in the morning! Putting a cold wash cloth on it helps."

Jayjayananymous May 20, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a slight yeast infection. Caught it early & decided to knock it out with the 1 day treatment. I have a hard time reading small print but wanted relief so bad I figured it couldnt be worse than the YI symptoms. Itching is now intense internally and I have been in tears on several occasions. I think I am on the verge of it burning (probably because I am having a very hard time not wiping an extra time or 2 to scratch this intense itch). This is day 3. Glad I read these reviews so I understand it is common just wish I would have read them BEFORE I spent the extra money. I was expecting faster results. Dont think its Monistats fault that people didnt read the fine print. People doing reviews should think about that before rating a product"

Les miserable (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "While this product may work to treat the problem, the side effects are awful. I not only experienced itching like no other and burning that could only be relieved by finally falling asleep, but this morning I had sudden shortness of breath. I am not allergic to the drug and was not experiencing an allergic reaction. I did some digging and found a study that mentioned out of 167, 14 people experienced shortness of breath on monistat 1 and they all had depression. I have depression and was not aware this could happen, so long story short beware if you have depression and use this."

Caution needed May 15, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I had a YI and I bought the monistat 1 cause I used the monistat 3 before and I wanted a quicker recovery. So I used it and I started reading reviews and freaked out.. But I had a great experience, only a little itching and tingling which is normal because it's cleaning you out. Nothing like the other reviews. Just make sure you have a YI. I think the people who had bad reviews didn't have a YI and had some other bacterial infection."

Jules23345 May 12, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Idk why everyone is saying the burning / itching is not tolerable. I would describe it as a moderate annoyance. I put the medicine in about a half an hour ago and yes there is itching and a slight burning but I'm glad because I know it's working. I'm not sure if my pain tolerance is higher but I am just relaxing and ignoring it and by the morning it will be gone. I did not take a shower immediately before using the medicine so not sure if that makes any difference. I have had yeast infections before and have always had this reaction.. It's only one day so you just have to bear it and look forward to not having a yeast infection anymore. Obviously it's going to be worse than taking a pill but what do you expect?"

Rxv19372 May 12, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have used monistat 1 several times. Sometimes I have no burning and other times (one time in particular) I have such severe burning that I cannot sleep through the night. I continue to use monistat 1 because it WORKS 100% of the time. The time that I had the worst pain, I had let the YI go on for a while with no treatment and was very inflamed by the time I used monistat. I thought this was why I had such an adverse reaction, but I have also treated an oncoming an infection immediately and I still had moderate burning (but not severe). I would still recommend this product to most people, but I recommend taking it just before going to bed and falling asleep before the full burning hits (about 2 hours after insertion)."

Vicky21 May 11, 2016

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've taken this before but some reason this time I'm in PAIN. Burning is unbearable, I showered incerted the oval woke up 3 hours later in so much discomfort .... I have never experienced this maybe a bad batch has gotten out but this pain is just toooooo much for me.... Never ever never again..... I'm not sexually active either so I know it's just a YI but I felt better before this way better"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I inserted it at 9:50 p.m. it's now 10:12 p.m. and I wanna stab someone in the throat. It started itching and burning immediately. I'm about to jump out of my car window while on the freeway if this doesn't end. My vaginal feels like I have flees. I swear to God I will never and I repeat never use this product again."

Dynasty Griffin May 11, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I brought Monistat 1-Day before i came into work today and i did not think anything about it. I used Monistat (the cream) and i was fine. I took it around 8:45am and i would say around 10am, i felt the itching and i mean really bad itching. I thought well maybe there is something wrong, yes, i did feel a little burn. More burn when i sat down then anything, so i went to the bathroom and rubbed the cream on. It is now 1:49pm, and the itching is not so bad, but the burning is starting to hurt. For me, it is not to the point where i need to go home early. I just figured this is 1 day process not 3 to 7 days, and yes you will feel burning and itching, because it is basically doing work from a 3 to 7 day stretch period. Advil helps also"

Kimberly_b82 May 10, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm surprised at all the complaints here. Monday morning, after a sleepless night of itching — thanks to a course of strong antibiotics last week! — I ran out at 8am and bought this product, and a box of Rephresh probiotic capsules. Came home, used both. Within HOURS I was less itchy and uncomfortable. I had some itching this morning, but in the last few hours it's disappeared completely. I didn't have any of the increased itching or burning reported by others, and I have to wonder if the reporting is reliable: some of these people might just be experiencing an upswing in the existing symptoms of their yeast infection, and the medication simply hasn't caught up to it yet (because of course it doesn't work instantly). Give this stuff a try!"

MsPolyTheist (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Not sure why so many people have such a horrible time with this product! Maybe I am just not as sensitive as others or maybe my pain tolerance is higher, but I think it's great! I had a little tingling, but it was soooo much more tolerable than the YI itch! Put in in before bed, no issues, feeling sooooo much better!"

Worked4meNoproblem May 10, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I don't feel anything. I can't tell if it's working or not, though."

adsf (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm dying here ! I couldn't sleep after using product . Itching kept me up all night. The next day I am irritated, there's redness, burning , itching . And I'm crying right now . I can't walk , I tired ice . Also I have the AZO pills along with cream . About to try some yogurt . Wish I would've went to the doctor to get the pill ."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I don't feel burning but deep internal itching.. how can this be? The YI was nowhere near like this. It is very very very uncomfortable. Woke me up out of my sleep 2 hours after I inserted ovule. I should've stuck with regular treatment. I thought something was wrong so I went back and read the instructions and saw where it mentions side effects. Should've been in large writing in red. I'm doing my best to bear it but I definitely would NOT recommend this to anyone other woman. It's crazy!"

Itreallyitches (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "OMG....this is the absolute worst experience i have ever had. I get yeast infections about once or twice a year. Diflucan oral usually does the trick. This one was particularly stubborn. I took the pill, then a one day miconazole. That one was a little uncomfortable but not too bad. Symptoms started subsiding but never went completely away. Today, on the advice of my doctor, i went to purchase a 3 day. Well, me and all my medical knowledge, decided to try tioconazole since the miconazole didnt cut it completely. i got home and inserted the cream about 1030. By 1045, as someone below stated so eloquently, Lucifer himself has set up camp in my vagina and has brought his team of fire ants just to make sure he gets his point across."

pants on fire (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "OMG!!! As I read these reviews I'm sitting here in the most intense itch I've ever experienced. This was recommended by my friend and because I trust her I went ahead a brought the Monistat 1. I put the egg in and I was fine, but once I went to the bathroom all hell broke lose. The itching is unbearable!! This is worst than the YI itself. I've never gone through this in my life and for the level of discomfort I am experiencing tonight, it better be gone in the morning. There is a slight stinging feeling but the itching is outrageous!! Help me!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is the second time I've used this drug for a vaginal yeast infection. The first time I had intense burning and itching following insertion but it only lasted about 20 minutes. This time though... It's been an hour and a half... I'm writhing in pain. The burning and itching is unbearable. I typically handle pain well but this is just outrageous. Next yeast infection will be treated with the anti fungal pill."

Suzapalooza May 7, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm very happy to see I am not the only one going through hell. This product definitely causes itching and burning . I'm 24 hours in and I have to say; I probably felt better before taking this medicine. I hope it pays off but the healing process feels like hot sauce was poured on you!"

EliseMay28 May 6, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had used another one day Tiacanazole from cvs. It did absolutely nothing. I wanted to try the 1 day over longer period because i couldn't bear the itching while at work. I bought the Monistat 1 and inserted around 3pm yesterday. I looked at all the reviews and prepared to feel intense burning. It never happened. I still had an itch until about 11pm last night but went to sleep and just woke up with no burning or itch. Let's hope the symptoms continue to go away."

Shae72 May 6, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "If I could give this -a trillion for a rating I would. I took this at 12 hoping to cure my YI and really wanting the regular irritation to go away. Around 1 o'clock It hit me like a someone lit a match in my vagina. The burning and itching is indescribable. I had to have someone pick me up and was trembling and crying. THIS BOX NEEDS TO HAVE A LABEL ON IT EXPLAINING THIS REACTION!! And there's basically nothing you can do but wait it out. After 3 hours I started feeling better but it still burns SO MUCH. I bought AZO yeast infection oral capsules to take orally to help relieve the pain so hopefully it helps. I wish I saw these reviews BEFORE taking it. It IS NOT WORTH IT. Unbearable pain and discomfort."

Roseval May 5, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "i have a meeting in 45 minutes and my vagina couldn't be anymore itchy. there is no pain, but there is SO MUCH ITCHING AND ITS ALL THE WAY UP. THE CREAM CANT GET TO IT. I'm crying hysterically trying to ice it and feel some type of relief but nothing is working. i know it works which is why i took it, but PLEASE THINK TWICEEEE OMGGGGG..."

daniellecrying May 4, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I cannot believe I did not look up this drug before buying it... NEVER AGAIN. I have read reviews of this that said "I never write reviews for products"... Well neither do I and I am just like the others who are writing one to warn you about this. I thought I should choose the 1 day because it was recommended and I am very busy... Well now I still cannot do the work I needed to because of pain and ITCHING I am going through. The side effects are worse than any YI I have ever even had. The pain was unbearable so I took a bath, nothing, I am currently sitting with ice in between my legs to see if that will help, still nothing. My experience from this pain and itching is so unbearable I am traumatized and will never try monistat again."

Currentlyintears May 4, 2016