User Reviews for Tioconazole

Also known as: Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator, Tioconazole 1 Day, Vagistat-1

Learn more about Tioconazole.

Vaginal Yeast Infection 51 reviews 58 medications

6.9
Summary of Tioconazole reviews 51 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Tioconazole

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've used monistat twice before. I've used both the 3 day and 7 day they both burned quite a bit but monistat 1 was by far the worst and most painful one I've dealt with. It felt like my vagina was being burned with a blow torch and this lasted for about half an hour , I would not recommend this to anyone , save yourself the time , effort , the money and the pain !! And just go to the doctor for the pill , So much easier"

TiffanyAL June 27, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I just used this 1 day ovule for the first time and it worked great! I did not get any burning or itching sensation at all. I put it in before I went to bed and feel a lot better in the morning. I would recommend seeing your doctor if its the first time you have had a yeast infection but otherwise this is a good product to use."

juniper123 June 23, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am 18 years old and started having a yeast infection so I took monistat one without looking at the reviews. I applied it at night but when I woke my vagina swelled to three times its size and I had an unbearable itch and burn. The MOST PAINFUL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. I quickly rushed to the emergency room were they had to flush the medicine out of me and they prescribed me on steroids. I will never recommend Monistat to anyone especially after all the horror stories I have seen online. Please DO NOT use this medicine go to the doctor were they will prescribe you a pill it will make life so much easier!!!!"

svrenard8 June 21, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Okay so I'm only 16... And when i started getting the symptoms of a yeast infection if really scared me. I've had a boyfriend for about 2 years now and we just became sexually active not that long ago. We were both virgins when we started having sex but I was still worried. So I went to the doctor, she said that everything looks fine and it even looks like a mild case of a yeast infection. She recommended that I go get an over the counter prescription. So if course knowing any women in the world I wanted it go as soon as possible. The burn and itch of it seemed unbearable by the time I got home, later that night and took a shower then put the applicator in around 11:00pm I slept with it in and the next morning felt 110% better!!!"

The unbearable itch June 18, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This medicine worked in the end but getting there was the worst night of my life as far as pain is concerned. My symptoms were mild at worst so I thought I would take care of it before my infection got terrible. I can count the times I have cried in my adult life and this was one of them. I will never take this again simply because the pain was so bad. There has to be something better!"

Liv88 (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I'm about to turn 16 and I got my first yeast infection.. And my mom took me to the store to get something and I had gotten monistat 3. The product actually took the swelling away, but the itching is unbearable like I hate it... But other than that the product really works and if you guys are complaining about how it makes you itch and burn more on the box it tells you that you're gonna have a more burn and itch while using it... Other than the itching and burning I'd recommend this product..."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Ok. I have a slight yeast infection. No big deal. Kinda uncomfortable, itchy etc. bought this product for some relief. OH MY GOD! If I wanted more pain and irritation I would have just douched with ghost pepper juice!!! This product HAD to be made by a man. I mean, insult to injury!! I was reading up on some of these reviews and just ran for the fridge! No yogurt, but I found one of my kids Go-gurts in there. Fingers crossed that it kind helps. Like milk after a jalape"

SandyburnsSObad June 11, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a yeast infection for a couple of months. Like most people I thought I would go away on its own, but it didn't. I finally decided to order monistat 1 day. But once I received it, I got scared to use it because of all the negative reviews. I was scared of the intese burning! So I put it off for 2 weeks. Finally, I knew I had to use the product or the infection will never go away. I used it on a Monday morning. I waited for that intese burning/pain that others had mentioned, but it never happened. I was so thankful. Only bad thing, there was a lot of discharge. Other than that i was fine. I felt better immediately, but it took about 2 weeks for it to completely go away. I definitely recommend this product!"

Abigail M. June 10, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Ticonazole works great - way better than the alternatives-- IF you can find it in suppository form. It seems they have stopped making it this way? All I can find anymore is that horrible ointment form that globs onto the applicator and comes out with it. The one time I tried using it I ended up with that horrible substance all over (as I was trying to get it back into the applicator for another try.) I couldn't even get the stuff off my hands with dish detergent and hot water! It is like boot grease. PLEASE, someone, PLEASE make the suppository form again!"

Ace2 June 5, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am from the UK where this medicine isn't available but I was recently in Florida where I picked it up. I suffer from recurring thrush and none of the over the counter medicines in the UK seem to clear the infection for long. I bought monistat 1 in case I needed it but held off whilst away however not long after returning home I felt the symptoms again so decided to give it a try. I inserted at 7am and felt nothing for a few hours however by the afternoon the burning was becoming intense to the point that it was uncomfortable to walk. By the evening it was even worse and I have just spent a very uncomfortable night unable to sleep. I shall reserve judgement if the infection clears fully!"

Tori3 June 4, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This product did work but I'll NEVER use it again. I put it in and went to bed. I woke up about two hours later and my vagina was burning/itching like nothing is ever experienced. It felt like my v was on fire. Seriously! It was horrible. I tried to clean it all out About one and a half hours later the burning and itching went away. Yes, the product worked but I burned/itched SO bad that I'll never use it again. Just call the Dr. And get a prescription. You'll thank me later."

Girl on fire June 2, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "do not put this thing anywhere near your vagina! all of the stuff you hear about the probiotics in the yogurt on the tampons do that first or go to the doctor and get the prescription for the yeast infection! I am sitting in my house so uncomfortable that I had to call off of work because I can not leave my house because my vag itches and burns so bad. I want to go to the store and get yogurt but I can't stop iching my crotch so that's a problem I am so uncomfortable and before I put this thing and I was fine. Before Monistat I had mild irritation.since I used the Monistat I am now experiencing the worst itching and burning feeling I've ever had between my legs ever!"

jns1980 May 26, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I started seeing signs of a possible infection coming on and went in bought the equate version of Monistat 1 day treatment ...it's literally the same thing as Monistat.oh my god I wanted to kill myself... Twice. I started to get irritation and itching beyond belief but I didn't even have before I put the thing in. it was legit driving me banana sandwich. so I went online and I saw women who had the same experience and lo and behold who ever knew putting yogurt on a tampon and putting it up there would take all of the horrible symptoms awayfrom the Monistat! I went from feeling like I had the Devils vagina to singing Ave Maria! fuck you monistat. .u suck"

Omg-nonono (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took this product before I went to bed hoping I would get relief. I couldn't sleep at all. The pain was horrific, I couldn't stop itching the whole night. I definitely experienced most of the negative reviews."

Worst pain ever May 17, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I got a yeast infection for the first time a couple days ago. So I went to the store and bought monistat 1. I would absolutely recommend this to any girl. An hour after using the medicine I felt some leaking and irritation So I used the cream. With in four hours of using the medicine I feel a million times better. I will definitely use monistat if I ever have this problem again."

Sars (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm turning 16 at the end of this month and I had another yeast infection. I used Vagisil before, suggested by my doctor. This time, my mother went to and picked up Monistat 1. In comparison, there was no burning or irritation once I applicated the medicine. I would suggest wearing a pad and loose pants that you don't mind get ruined as suggested. However, I felt very uncomfortable about 4 hours after. It was a mixture of burning and itching, so I kept walking around my house and trying to get myself to ignore it. I eventually laid down and went to sleep. When I woke up, I felt completely better. There is still some irritation, but it isn't as bad as it was a few days ago. I would highly recommend if you don't mind the slight side effects."

young&confused (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Monistat 1 Day treatment worked for me. Burned and itched for about 4-5 hours when first applied. Drained mostly out for about 3 days after usage. Sometimes it will not drain all the way out, lightly douche with water only to clear the rest if not cleared completely by day 4. Most will clear itself though. No sex during this process. Try to wait until day 5 or until monistat completely drains from the vagina. Overall good product. Any monistat will do the trick for a yeast, whether it's the 1 day 3 day or 7 day."

B7 April 27, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I got my first yeast infection when I was 16, my mom went and bought me monistat 7 and it worked great I felt better within a day. About two months ago I got the symptoms of a yeast infection but without the discharge. Unsure of what I had I went and bought monistat 7 again and it burned and itched worse than anything I've felt. I bawled my eyes out and it didn't stop for hours. I continued to take it for 2 more nights with the same symptoms and then went to the gyno that Monday. Turns out I had a bacterial infection and that is why it was burning so horribly. If it burns you to the point where you are In tears GO TO THE DOCTOR! It is probably not a yeast infection!"

763 April 22, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had never had a yeast infection in my life until 2 days ago. I decided that I would try monistat 1 because I wanted it gone quickly. I went to the store the morning after symptoms started and I inserted the ovule around 11am and applied the cream. I took a nap for a couple of hours and could already feel some relief from the itching and burning. When I got up, I did feel some slight leaking and I still felt a little discomfort but it was nowhere near what it was earlier that day. I was getting some discharge and a little itching but nothing major. By bed time the itching had gotten a little worse so I applied more cream, took some aleve, and crawled into bed. I got up this morning and all itching/burning is gone. All in less than 24 hours"

Discomfort gone (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So, I've had a yeast infection for two weeks thinking it would go away like the last one. I was completely wrong! My sister decided lets go to the grocery store last night. So, I was all for the trip just to get Monistat. Now, I've tried the 7-day and 3-day. The seven day made my very uncomfortable I felt as though ants were down there, but the 3 day just didn't work. I've got a diflucan but it didn't clear it. I told myself give Monistat one more time. I grabbed the 1-day off the shelf went home and used it around 9pm. Oh my gosh I have seen a complete improvement overnight. Thank you no more symptoms this morning."

Lianna W (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I used the Monistat 7 and it worked perfectly for me in the past, but I'm going on vacation soon so I chose the one dose. So I guess it needed to get worse before it could get better. I had the same symptoms, itchy redness for 2 days, but I also read it could take a few days to work. So I kept applying the small tube of cream when it felt horrible and I didn't want to start overdosing with more medicine of Monistat 7. So I waited it out. Day 3 I felt so much better and happier. This product gets bad reviews but no matter what yeast infections suck and take a while to get over no matter what. So it may hurt now but just wait it out and read the instructions."

RedLucy April 9, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was diagnosed with a slight yeast infection while 33 weeks pregnant. I asked the doctor if it was okay to use a Monistat 1 treatment and was approved. Of course I was nervous about it after reading the reviews, but I have read and studied that the creams work best (over oral medication) due to the different strains of yeast that can cause the infection. The first thing I did was take a bath. I did not use any fragranced soap on my vaginal area whatsoever, but did use a separate towel to make sure that the area was clear of anything. I inserted it after I had towel and air dried. No problems. Worked like a charm."

DroppingBy (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had some discomfort for about 3 days then the thick discharge and I knew I had a yeast infection. When I left work at 11 I went and bought this medication it did make the burning and itching a little worse after about 30 minutes of using it I went to bed at 12 and when I woke up at 8:30 the next morning there was no itching or burning just some discharge from the medicine working its way out of my body. Great product really."

DeniseKenny March 31, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I read all of these reviews and FREAKED out. I was so scared to try it. I remembered years ago, trying some other brand and the second I inserted it, it BURNED. So I was very skeptical about this huge dose "1 day" thing.. but I just bit the bullet and did it because pain for a little is better than more severe problems down the road. I took 3 ibuprofun and ate some comfort food and took a sleeping pill (so I would hopefully be asleep if there would be any pain to come) and had a heating pad on my tum. The Monistat didn't phase me at all. It's like it wasn't even there. Very minimal discharge the next day, no pain, no cramps, nothing. If I focused really hard, I could sometimes feel the TINIEST sensation of burning. I'd totally recommend."

llinndayy March 27, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am prone to Yeast Infections after using antibiotics. After using antibiotics for 5 days, it popped up over night just like I expected. Seeking immediate relief I applied some witch hazel, which helped long enough for me to sleep through the night. The next morning I went to my local Rite Aid and purchased Monistat 1. The itching and burning was significantly reduced within 2 hours and cured completely within 18 hours. For those of you reading the negative reviews, please consider that those who this product have not worked for might not have had a yeast infection but possible BV (Bacterial Vaginosis) many women who self-diagnose often think they have a YI when it is in fact BV. As always, if you are unsure, PLEASE see a Dr!"

Reviewer13 March 24, 2015