User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Bio-T-Gel, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Testosterone review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Hypogonadism, Male.

Reviews for Testosterone to treat Hypogonadism, Male

Review by Spring Chicken (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Fortesta (testosterone): 42 years old and did not know I had Low Testosterone until about two years ago. I just thought my tired and hum drum attitude was attributed to my "flip flop" shift work. Had my blood checked and found my levels were in the 100-150 levels. Started Fortesta and after several Doctor's visits and screenings to get the dosage right I was doing great. It is a shame that the discount program was discontinued in September of this year due to the generic coming out. My price went from 25 dollars to 100 dollars a month. With my insurance generic is the same as brand name now.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2014 9:37 AM

Review by DjangoMan (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aveed (testosterone): Working well so far (on second injection). Less hassle than regular injections or gels and I don't have to worry about transferring it to my girlfriend.

November 20, 2014 1:35 PM

Review by Bavafavagucci:

AndroGel (testosterone): I had my test level and it was 13 yeah 13 I felt like getting out of bed and going to work almost impossible. I am doing 2 packages a day my level is up to 320 no A rod but feeling better and no problem getting out of bed and working.

October 27, 2014 9:19 PM

Review by Joaofernandes (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Axiron (testosterone): Hi, I am Brazilian. So, sorry about my English. I am 57 yo and I started to have a very hard anxiety and depression around 10 years ago. After a lot of diferent antidepressants and anxiolytic medicines that worsened or destroyed my sexual life for almost 10 years I found that I had hypogonadism. My doctor prescribed Axiron 6 months ago and my depression and anxiety simply disapeared and I have now a normal life, with much more energy and my sexual life is back. Axiron saved my life.

October 24, 2014 8:32 AM

Review by Cooper II:

I'm only 26 but was at the low normal range and exhibiting every symptom of low testosterone. It runs in my family on my father's side unfortunately. Within a week of taking it all of my mood returned to normal, I'm no longer sleeping more than 7 hours and feeling well rested. I have a ton more self control and can easily diet and exercise. It gave me my life back basically. Only side effect I have is raging a lot but it's manageable, especially since I have a punching bag here.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2014 4:49 PM

Review by RupeMc:

Delatestryl (testosterone): Went to see Dr due to lethargy, low sex drive, fat gain, muscle loss and general "blah" feeling. 41yr old male. Was prescribed 100mg/week. Self injections. Within 4wks was feeling about 75% better and as time goes by...just keep getting better. Definitely a great medicine.

September 17, 2014 1:38 PM

Review by BR-549 (taken for less than 1 month):

Testim (testosterone): I'm a 44 year old diabetic and Dr perscribed Testim 1% gel to treat my Low T level. It was not his 1st choice but my Insurance wouldn't pay for anything else. It came in a box With 30 individual 5g small tubes. The first thing I noticed, right away, was the pungent smell that did not go away when the product evaporated. My wife noticed it and my drycleaner too, who all found it unpleasant. Also, product goes on slimey but drys after about 5 minutes but, If you sweat, it will get slimey & your clothes stick. After 2 weeks, I noticed an increase in energy levels and felt better in general. However, I (nor my family), could not get past the pungent smell. I stopped using this product after about 3 weeks and will ask my Dr to change.

September 4, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by iam410us (taken for less than 1 month):

Axiron (testosterone): This product is easy to use. I was using the patch. It would come off. Now I don't have to worry about it.

August 16, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by Northern_Guy (taken for less than 1 month):

Testim (testosterone): I have been using this for about three weeks now. There was a big initial "boost" in my energy levels, mood, work performance and all across the board things seemed to get better, and depression seemed to lift quite a bit. It does not stick for me if I delay putting on my shirt for 10-15 minutes and letting it dry. If you're sweating it wily I noticed the smell at first, but now I don't smell it anymore. The only person who noticed was a woman who said she liked the smell. Hmmm. The initial "boost" phase seems to be wearing off now. I am a bit out of shape and am exercising hard - it could be that, or the common issue with the body lowering T in response to an external source increasing it.

July 24, 2014 4:54 PM

Review by Impfac (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Androderm (testosterone): Works fine but shots are easier

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2014 2:22 PM

Review by Buthead50 (taken for less than 1 month):

Androderm (testosterone): I'm 50, I quit drinking 3 years ago, and have been on meds for high blood pressure, and high Cholesterol. I had shoulder surgery in January, and the pain has been terrible. I have been taking pain meds. I have had no desire, or no ability to perform sexually over the past couple years. My doctor tested and my T was only 100. Extremely low. He started me on the patch, and after 3 days, I haven't noticed much change, I'm hoping it kicks in, and I get the results I am looking for. My insurance does cover all but $30, so that's a plus. Hoping for the best.

June 9, 2014 3:48 PM

Review by Stanton D.:

Axiron (testosterone): I am 70 and after blood test was told by my doctor that my testosterone level was very low compared to my last test 5 years earlier. I was not getting erections very much at all, could not get off when I did, was pretty stressed, irritable, and just not feeling very up. I've been on Axiron for 5 weeks and things have changed remarkably. I get horny a lot, get erections at least once a day (4 times one day), can have orgasms more often, feel more relaxed, less stressed out, and noticeably less irritable. I go back to the doctor in two weeks for the latest blood test results. The blood was drawn two weeks ago. I only have one complaint about the medicine...the cost. I'm not sure I can afford it continuously, and I don't have Medicare B.

June 9, 2014 3:24 PM

Review by Brooklyguywithhope (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Androderm (testosterone): I am 54 and been using patches 2 years, Testosterone is back from 190 to 400 on average; energy is back plus good marital functioning, if you know what I mean. I notice sometimes they do not stick well if water gets under it and do not place it on a body part with lots of motion. The longer you use it the better the result. My facial hair has filled out much more. Just make sure your MD does a CBC to make sure you do not have too much red blood cell production.

May 16, 2014 1:25 PM

Review by Middle aged male RN (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Fortesta (testosterone): I knew I was having low T and had it checked; won't bore you with the details but it was extremely low. About four hours after applying Androgel I felt a surge of well being, almost giddy! Over a few days it levelled out and my previous moodiness, tiredness was much improved. Worked great for a year, then insurance stopped covering Androgel. I switched to Fortesta. At four months I just felt like it wasn't doing enough, and asked the doctor to increase my dose. He did, then at one year my testosterone level was only 150! For some strange reason, I just don't absorb Fortesta. I don't want to deal with the smell of Testim and, so I'm starting shots soon. Can tell when I'm low!

May 13, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by Gilltoyed:

Axiron (testosterone): I was on Axiron for 11 months using three pumps per day, after a while I began having adverse effects in the form of out of control libido and uncontrollable desires that I had never had before. During the time my Dr. never tested me so I have no idea where I was at. Some men may think this is ok, but the side effects on me where horrible.

May 2, 2014 3:11 PM

Review by mpsprowl (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Testosterone Cypionate - Lost ability to recover from workouts, experiencing tiredness, and loss of libido in mid-40s. Doctor tested testosterone level, which was only 180. Began injections every 3 weeks and my outlook on life changed almost immediately.

April 28, 2014 11:40 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Axiron (testosterone): Having used Axiron for 20 months, I thought I'd let you know of my continued good feeling, no adverse effects, most things seem beneficial. I seem to have gotten a bit thicker in size, no increase in length however. My testicles, which shrunk in size at the beginning of treatment, seem to have returned to their original size, thankfully ! I now have a hairy belly, above my normal pubic area up to my navel... this area prior to treatment was as smooth as my palms and now I'm developing a happy trail. Perhaps I went through puberty with Low T levels.. my numbers have gone from 293 to 554 to 570 and last was 663. Two squirts daily, one applied approximately 7am after showering and again at 7pm.

April 2, 2014 9:12 PM

Review by Would highly recommend (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Depo-Testosterone (testosterone): I had suffered from anxiety and depression (suicidal grade) since I was a boy. I first began taking anti-depressants at age 12. My doctor had a chart in her office about low T, it listed 10 symptoms. I had all 10. I asked her to prescribe it. So, she did all of the required tests. I was within the average range. 7 years later same results, I am now 48. Finally in January of 2014, I said that I would chance any side effect. My tests had come back normal yet again. But, she did prescribe it. I woke up on day 14 with NO depression or anxiety. What can I say, 48 years of existing and my brain chemistry is now great. My energy level is incredible and depression simply doesn't happen. It is quite a miracle. Get it!

March 12, 2014 11:32 PM

Review by Philbert68 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Testim (testosterone): I haven't really noticed any energy, mood or body changes. I just now that when I see my lab results the stuff works. Also, I have women ask me quite often what cologne I am wearing. They say it smells sooooo good!

March 5, 2014 9:37 AM

Review by bkbrian27:

Testopel (testosterone): You are not going to get immediate results with Testopel. It took me 17 days last time before I felt like a champ. You just have to give Testopel some time and you will throw rocks at gels and shots. I have insurance that pays for most all of mine but I would definitely not be on Testopel if I didn't just because it cost so much.

February 26, 2014 3:18 PM

Review by JOe1812 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

AndroGel (testosterone): I'm 20 years old, 6 months ago I did two testosterone tests and it was below 20mg yeah 20 mg. My doctor put me on Androgel 1.62% 2 pumps a day, after 6 months I feel a lot better, I have erections now. I gained muscles and hair all over my body, I started to grow a little beard and I feel that I have better energy, I don't have depression anymore, my libido became very high, I went to my doctor last week to check my testosterone that I did, my testosterone levels now are 1090 mg. He was surprised and he told me to reduce to 1 pump a day. And yes my voice became very deep.

February 24, 2014 9:05 AM

Review by Hedmed:

Depo-Testosterone (testosterone): I am a 43 year old that works out 5 times a week for 1-1.5 hours each time. Woke up one morning about 3 months ago and felt like somebody turned off a switch in my body, no real desire for sex but after a lot of foreplay able to somewhat achieve an erection but not really hard. Went to Dr and testosterone of 188. Started on Depo Testosterone by IM injection in gluteus and 4 hours after first dose was able to achieve an erection that I would describe at times as almost a little painful due to how hard I was and able to perform 4 times that day with wife. Not sure of effects at gym yet due to only being the 3rd day since beginning shot- 200mg every other week. Didn't have any of the other issues ie depression, anxiety, lethargy prior.

February 17, 2014 3:47 PM

Review by Shawn1997 (taken for less than 1 month):

Androderm (testosterone): I just picked up my prescription and am looking forward to positive results. I've been on anti-depressants for about 5 years. I recently read an article that many older (I'm 48) men suffering from depression actually have low testosterone instead. So I had my bloodwork done and all my levels are normal, except testosterone, which is only 143... extremely low. Like many of you, cost is an issue. Without insurance it's $440 month. With insurance it's $97 month which is still too much for me. BUT I went to the Androderm website and got one of their savings cards. All you do is print it out and give it to the pharmacy. Now my cost is half price... only $42.

February 14, 2014 3:31 PM

Review by ka000 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Delatestryl (testosterone): I've been taking this medicine for almost a year now and have had little to no side effects. I take 200mg every two weeks by injection. The way that this medicine has improved my life is almost unbelievable. I feel like a teenager again! The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is the injections, but it's still worth a little pain to feel so much better!

February 8, 2014 10:05 AM

Review by DanXX:

Axiron (testosterone): In 6 weeks from first using Axiron, my levels went from 236 to 375. No bad. To the people talking about testicular shrinkage - ask your doctor about HCG shots. I start them on Monday and they are supposed to totally alleviate that issue. I will report back after a month and let you know the results. Supposedly 30 days (once a day) is all it takes for most people to get them back to normal. You give them to yourself in the stomach. It isn't hard, I tested it with my doctor using some vitamin B.

January 23, 2014 9:38 AM