User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Bio-T-Gel, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, ...show all 36 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Testosterone Review Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Hypogonadism, Male.

Reviews for Testosterone to treat Hypogonadism, Male

Testim (testosterone): "Was good for me but not good enough. I switched to Nebido which is great. "

Anonymous August 16, 2015

Androderm (testosterone): "The patches caused a severe rash leaving spots like I'd been branded. Diagnosed as Latex Intolerant."

Airborne101 August 11, 2015

Fortesta (testosterone): "This was easy to use and I experienced no side effects. I will say that it did little to nothing to bring up my levels which remain around 200. I am not sure that is the medicines fault, as I have been told that different people respond differently to various types of T replacement gels. After about 2 years of not being able to get levels up to normal range, I am headed to look at pellet implants as a last course of treatment."

Miami Man August 7, 2015

Fortesta (testosterone): "Asked my doctor for 3 years to blood test me for low T. Now its popular he finally did. It was 100. I've always been overweight, very hard for me to lose weight. Dr. Gave me fortesta. It did not work for me. It gave me large itchy rashes on my thighs. And raised T level only to 200. I went to my urologist and asked him for testosterone cyponate to inject. Now 1 1/2 years later my T level is 350 to 900 depending when injection and blood test . I've lost 100lbs, I'm horny like a rabbit now. And I never was that horny. All of my numbers are where they supposed to be with blood test every 3 months. So if guys are in a similar situation, injection is the way to go. Unfortunately your testicles will shrink."

Postalmike July 28, 2015

"I have had great result completely. My body has never looked better my energy is never better. My feeling of well being is great. It's truly done the trick. I am handicapped take high pain MEDS opiate which deplete testosterone. My pituitary is non functional. I inject 2.5 ml/200 mg/ml and my levels are monitored closely and all is great. I see two different docs on this and all agree. HCG and Arimidex are also prescribed. Insurance pays for all! Love it big time."

Kenman1234 July 27, 2015

Androderm (testosterone): "It doesn't work for me. I have been on 6mg a day for four months (one 4mg and one 2mg patches). My testosterone was slightly above 100 before the patches and today is 11. That's right 11."

31 male (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

Testim (testosterone): "First day using Testim. Insurance made me change from andrgel pump bottle. The smell in testim is so strong and noxious i had an allergic asthmatic reaction. I'm wheezy and have a massive headache from it. Why does anything medical need to be made with a scent? Lots of people have scent allergies."

Allergic to scents July 25, 2015

"Liked Androgel okay but insurance stopped covering it. Fortesta just didn't absorb well for me. So, reluctantly, I went to injections. For me, this is the way to go! Insurance does not pay for it so I pay cash, but I end up paying less than I did for co-pays for the topical medicines. And the injections are not painful; took awhile to get used to doing it weekly but will continue all my life. Try injections!"

Anonymous July 21, 2015

Testim (testosterone): "after 2 weeks of 2 tubes per day, application my blood serum levels did not change one bit. my normal non medicated levels would range from 208ng/dl to 305. after 2 weeks of application of testim gel my blood results came back with 248ng/dl. The constant tack and odor of this product, plus its ineffectiveness makes me wonder why it is still on the market."

PabloW July 7, 2015

Testim (testosterone): "Testim never really got my level up. It was a pain to put on and took forever to dry. I was asked over and over by people what cologne I had on. It became awkward trying to think up something other than having to explain it was testosterone gel... After years of messing with this the doctor recently switched me to Aveed... Too early to determine if this works as hoped but so far it seems less hassle that a gel"

Andrew12345 June 29, 2015

AndroGel (testosterone): "Just so you guys know its NOT total testosterone that you need to be worried about so much as its your FREE testosterone that really matters. You need to see if your free test is in normal range. You could have a total testosterone of 1200 but if your free test is lower than normal you'll feel like crap. Low energy low libito can't gain muscle etc. On other hand if you had a total testosterone say only 400 but your FREE testosterone is good normal range you'll feel great all around. Everyone posts about TOTAL Testosterone but its the FREE unbound testosterone you need to really worry about. Total testosterone is bound meaningless in the energy libito muscle department were as FREE testosterone takes care of the energy libido muscle departme"

jgunz June 26, 2015

AndroGel (testosterone): "Terrible. You feel a bump in energy and libido the first 1-2 weeks and then it drops. They up the dose and it happens again. I started at 230 test and went on this drug. It dropped to 198! It does not absorb. That is the problem. And when it does it supposedly becomes DHT which is like a female hormone. The only reason this drug sells is because people are deperate for help."

David37 June 25, 2015

Testopel (testosterone): "I am a two time testicular cancer survivor. My body no longer produces testosterone. I am 30 years old and this will be for the rest of my life. I was on Andro gel for about 2 and a half years. The last I would say 8 months I felt like complete crap. Depression and always tired and lethargic. Didn't feel like doing anything. No motivation for anything. I just had my second round of testopel about a week and a half ago and I love it. The first time I got it I felt the difference within the first week. Same with this second go round. I have more energy. The only problem I have, is that on both times my incision site leaks and one pellet did fall out. Other than that I love this stuff."

Kendo1717 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

Axiron (testosterone): "Wow, Had very low level. Doctor recommended Axiron, This has changed my sex drive for a 69 year old male. I notice the change with in a few weeks went to have sex two or three times a month to three to four times a week have more confidence. Take your time and give it a try."

Brian.. June 1, 2015

"I am 22 years old . I have tried injections (severe lows) axiron (very messy especially as I needed several applications). Now my pharmacist compounds me a cream to use on my abdomen. It is great! Only takes seconds to apply."

Dukeanoffer June 1, 2015

Testim (testosterone): "Insurance forced me to switch from Androgel. Testim STINKS. It takes 15 minutes for it dry and then it's still sticky - and I am in a dry climate. It permeates your clothes and won't even wash out with hot water. I have used 8 tubes and I don't know what I am going to do with the rest. My wife won't stand for this stuff any more!"

sdflyer (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2015

Androderm (testosterone): "I've had a good experience with androderm patch. No side effects what so ever. It seems to work well. I would recommended it to anyone."

Tracy lhend May 25, 2015

Testim (testosterone): "Testim must have the worst delivery system devised for any medical product. And the gel takes forever to dry.....longer than I can wait. So I go to work unsticking my undershirt from my skin for an hour. It comes in 30 mini-toothpaste tubes. The end must be punctured by the cap that has a point for that purpose. Then you are to squeeze "half" from that little tube and spread it. THEN you put the little tube in your NOW sticky, slimey other hand and squeeze out as much of the rest as possible. There is no way this is cost effective. I was forced to use Testim by my insurance company after 10 years of Androgel gel packs and then the pump........which was perfect. I don't like Testim at all and see no difference medically from Androgel"

MWayMor April 30, 2015

Testim (testosterone): "Tried them all. Few years ago started testim, bad odor and sticky. Then androjel, better. Self-injections, almost too much and I'm 'afraid' of needles self-afflicted. Then back to Testim March 2015 due to insurance. This new Testim absorbs quickly, smell is 100% better than 2 years ago. (Women like, esp older, I'm 52, Some guys notice it but just don't ask). I asked pharmacist about smell. Thought it was added, but he said smell is actually the testosterone. Prob why women take notice. First few days didn't feel right. Headache, stiff neck, etc but all went away. Highly recommend. Good luck."

BobSDCA April 13, 2015

Axiron (testosterone): "So far no side affects and a huge improvment in my sex drive and and less tired."

phill56 April 12, 2015

Testim (testosterone): "I have used Testim for more than 5 years and at first hated that it was sticky. The doctor told me to let it dry and then sprinkle powder on it and it solved the issue. Even when I sweat it will not get sticky. It has boosted my levels and I have so much more energy."

WCS1231 April 1, 2015

"I was diagnosed with Secondary Hypogonadism. I am 33 years old and the happy father of two. I started treatment a little over two years ago, once we decided we were no longer going to have children. My initial experience was not good, I went on a rollercoaster of ups and downs and experienced high levels of estrogen conversion from my newly introduced normal levels of testosterone. However, the Low T Center carefully monitored all my stats, listened closely to my complaints and concerns, and developed a once a week treatment that WORKS. I am now energetic, happy, can think clearly and concisely, have ZERO moodiness (use to fight with my wife over nothing), and feel NORMAL."

CoronaCA (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2015

Androderm (testosterone): "My Testosterone was 47 and I'm 39. I feel no power and always tired. Before the Androderm I was on Testosterone Cypionate injections. With in 250 for every two weeks my test on Testosterone was going to 1200 total after three months. Fill great, no side effects and all my fat is gone, looks more skinny and muscular. With the Androderm 4 mg I can say it works probably less then half. No side effects but I see more fat again on my budy and no power. Please give me my injections back."

Alexiys March 13, 2015

Testopel (testosterone): "I am a 58 year old. Testopel: Ist insertion 12 pellets was quick, extreme bruising and soreness for a week (remedied with ice 2nd insertion). Expected results were excellent. Like a bell curve for me 1st week waited for levels to come up and they did, improvement in strength and fat loss, slight weight loss (still believe that 95% of this is your eating). After 12 weeks started to notice shift back to perception of low t and at 16 week mark level was under 300. 2nd insertion 14 pellets same results at 12 weeks today and starting to feel same way. Calling Dr. to see if I can get in early after we see blood test."

fritzy124 March 4, 2015

Axiron (testosterone): "When i first started using axiron, it burned for a few minutes. I was afriad this would be the rest of my life. Nope! Two weeks later the burning stopped. I have tried testim, androgel and hated the messy applications, and feared spreading it on my nieces. This goes under my arm and I love it! It is worth the extra 30 dollars from my insurance. I do recommend!"

low T oib (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2015