User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Bio-T-Gel, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Testosterone Review Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Hypogonadism, Male.

Reviews for Testosterone to treat Hypogonadism, Male

Androderm (testosterone): "I've had a good experience with androderm patch. No side effects what so ever. It seems to work well. I would recommended it to anyone."

Tracy lhend May 25, 2015

Testim (testosterone): "Testim must have the worst delivery system devised for any medical product. And the gel takes forever to dry.....longer than I can wait. So I go to work unsticking my undershirt from my skin for an hour. It comes in 30 mini-toothpaste tubes. The end must be punctured by the cap that has a point for that purpose. Then you are to squeeze "half" from that little tube and spread it. THEN you put the little tube in your NOW sticky, slimey other hand and squeeze out as much of the rest as possible. There is no way this is cost effective. I was forced to use Testim by my insurance company after 10 years of Androgel gel packs and then the pump........which was perfect. I don't like Testim at all and see no difference medically from Androgel"

MWayMor April 30, 2015

Testim (testosterone): "Tried them all. Few years ago started testim, bad odor and sticky. Then androjel, better. Self-injections, almost too much and I'm 'afraid' of needles self-afflicted. Then back to Testim March 2015 due to insurance. This new Testim absorbs quickly, smell is 100% better than 2 years ago. (Women like, esp older, I'm 52, Some guys notice it but just don't ask). I asked pharmacist about smell. Thought it was added, but he said smell is actually the testosterone. Prob why women take notice. First few days didn't feel right. Headache, stiff neck, etc but all went away. Highly recommend. Good luck."

BobSDCA April 13, 2015

Axiron (testosterone): "So far no side affects and a huge improvment in my sex drive and and less tired."

phill56 April 12, 2015

Testim (testosterone): "I have used Testim for more than 5 years and at first hated that it was sticky. The doctor told me to let it dry and then sprinkle powder on it and it solved the issue. Even when I sweat it will not get sticky. It has boosted my levels and I have so much more energy."

WCS1231 April 1, 2015

"I was diagnosed with Secondary Hypogonadism. I am 33 years old and the happy father of two. I started treatment a little over two years ago, once we decided we were no longer going to have children. My initial experience was not good, I went on a rollercoaster of ups and downs and experienced high levels of estrogen conversion from my newly introduced normal levels of testosterone. However, the Low T Center carefully monitored all my stats, listened closely to my complaints and concerns, and developed a once a week treatment that WORKS. I am now energetic, happy, can think clearly and concisely, have ZERO moodiness (use to fight with my wife over nothing), and feel NORMAL."

CoronaCA (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2015

Androderm (testosterone): "My Testosterone was 47 and I'm 39. I feel no power and always tired. Before the Androderm I was on Testosterone Cypionate injections. With in 250 for every two weeks my test on Testosterone was going to 1200 total after three months. Fill great, no side effects and all my fat is gone, looks more skinny and muscular. With the Androderm 4 mg I can say it works probably less then half. No side effects but I see more fat again on my budy and no power. Please give me my injections back."

Alexiys March 13, 2015

Testopel (testosterone): "I am a 58 year old. Testopel: Ist insertion 12 pellets was quick, extreme bruising and soreness for a week (remedied with ice 2nd insertion). Expected results were excellent. Like a bell curve for me 1st week waited for levels to come up and they did, improvement in strength and fat loss, slight weight loss (still believe that 95% of this is your eating). After 12 weeks started to notice shift back to perception of low t and at 16 week mark level was under 300. 2nd insertion 14 pellets same results at 12 weeks today and starting to feel same way. Calling Dr. to see if I can get in early after we see blood test."

fritzy124 March 4, 2015

Axiron (testosterone): "When i first started using axiron, it burned for a few minutes. I was afriad this would be the rest of my life. Nope! Two weeks later the burning stopped. I have tried testim, androgel and hated the messy applications, and feared spreading it on my nieces. This goes under my arm and I love it! It is worth the extra 30 dollars from my insurance. I do recommend!"

low T oib (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2015

Axiron (testosterone): "I like this product, it's the only one that hasn't caused irritation. I do think I need the strength increased a little. I have noticed some change and It has raised my testosterone levels, but they are still not high enough. I still feel lousy. I high recommend it."

cvdixon3031 February 8, 2015

"Diabetes high blood sugar can cause testosterone to fall into low levels. Had all of the symptoms of low testosterone before. Was injecting into the right quadricep. Kept getting blood gushers there. Changed the injection location to the upper outside corner of the right glute and got much better results. Blood sugar control and exercise are key to getting optimal results. Also, you HAVE to donate blood every 8 weeks in order to keep the iron levels down (red blood cell count). High iron can lead to serious heart problems. Some blood banks require that you have a prescription from your doctor to donate because the high iron causes the blood to be so thick that it can't be used in a transfusion. Red Cross takes it regardless."

beefcake77 February 1, 2015

"Started therapy on Cypionate injections with extremely low metrics and mood symptoms. After four years, I was "up" in more than just mood - libido was back and erectile dysfunction was almost forgotten, muscle mass was improved, body fat was reduced. Then, somebody started a flap about testosterone therapy and heart disease, my Cardiologist did not approve, and the men's clinic wouldn't treat me without his approval. Now, six months off therapy, I am back where I started, and worse; frustrated, angry, semi-incontinent - not a happy boy."

Old guy. (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 29, 2015

"I have had panhypopituitarism for 16 years. I started with patches, then chorionic gonadotropin, then patches again because the Hcg gave me a bad headache. Then I tried shots, also a bad headache. Then my insurance stopped covering the patches, and my doctor switched me to testosterone cream compounded locally. It works better than the patches, but at 75 mg, I lost a huge amount of hair in 2 months. Then I reduced it to 50 mg. and now 40 mg. The hair has stopped falling out, and I think some is growing back. I am 61 years old and having the testosterone level of a young man is not worth going bald for! Frankly, I doubt if anyone really needs more than 50 mg. Just be aware and do not blindly follow your doctor's advice like I did."

John Pio (taken for 10 years or more) January 20, 2015

AndroGel (testosterone): "Been using for 2 years. Overall, it does what it's supposed to. At 52 I was just feeling out of it. Tired all the time, loss of energy, spare tyre weight gain, and some erectile dysfunction. Tested at 278. Started with shots, and AndroGel combined, then just AndroGel for the last year. The shots were far more effective, and cheaper, but my T levels would go way up then way down before the next shot. The gel keeps it steady. I have lost a lot of waist line, don't need naps anymore, and sex life is back to what it was in my 30s."

M man January 1, 2015

AndroGel (testosterone): "Within a week I noticed I had more energy to just get stuff done. Tasks at work, hobbies, errands - I just have more energy to get out of bed and do stuff. Then my shriveled up penis went back to it's normal soft 4 inches. After another week or so, I was able to get my normal 8 inch erection again. I don't know what guys did before this medicine was invented. I would have had to get out a magnifying glass. All of a sudden I now feel like I need to do something about the beer belly, and working out feels like it is worth the effort again. Androgel is like the fountain of youth."

Philip9 December 30, 2014

AndroGel (testosterone): "For 9 months I struggled with anxiety, depression, foggy brain, fatigue, low sex drive, loss of morning erections, and general feeling of malaise. Doctor tested my T and came back at 251. I was referred to an endocrinologist and he retested and came back at 189. Prescribed Androgel 1.62% on a 2 month trail and it has been amazing. Within 4-5 days I noticed that the "crashes" that I used to experience daily for 4-5 hours now only lasted 30-60 minutes. After 4 weeks of treatment, the Daily crashes have disappeared. My sex drive is coming back, still not where it should be but I'm optimistic that I'll get there. I have a follow up appointment in a month and I'm looking forward to finding out my levels!"

Sb9780 December 9, 2014

AndroGel (testosterone): "I am a 75 Years old male, 5 years at the Gym, fairly muscular. I had a 330 ng/ml total testosterone and I decided to check with the Urologist if I could use this medicine. After few test, he decided to give me the patches that gave rash and not improvement at all. The Doctor started me with the 1% gel - 2 pumps in the morning and the next reading was 207 ng/ml. I went back to his office and he told me, You need more medicine, and put me un Androgel 1.62 % - 4 pumps in the morning for about 3 month. At me surprice the next reading was 440 ng/ml and 3 more month 754 ng/ml. At some point, I ran out of the insurance coverage for this year and I had to reduce to 2 pumps - 1.62 %. Then my testosterone level fell to 220 ng/ml again."

Strong Angel November 22, 2014

Fortesta (testosterone): "42 years old and did not know I had Low Testosterone until about two years ago. I just thought my tired and hum drum attitude was attributed to my "flip flop" shift work. Had my blood checked and found my levels were in the 100-150 levels. Started Fortesta and after several Doctor's visits and screenings to get the dosage right I was doing great. It is a shame that the discount program was discontinued in September of this year due to the generic coming out. My price went from 25 dollars to 100 dollars a month. With my insurance generic is the same as brand name now."

Spring Chicken (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 21, 2014

Aveed (testosterone): "Working well so far (on second injection). Less hassle than regular injections or gels and I don't have to worry about transferring it to my girlfriend."

DjangoMan (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2014

Fortesta (testosterone): "At 38, I started noticing that my energy level dropped drastically. I started putting on weight and even though I worked out 4 days a week, I was losing muscle mass. My sex drive dropped and my mood became sour. The strangest thing of all, my Johnson shrunk from 10-1/2" to 9". I couldn't believe what was going on. My Doctor checked my T levels and they were extremely low. I started on Fortesta and in 2 weeks, I was back to like I was when I was 25. The ole Johnson returned to being a beast and my energy level is back to where it was. Thanks Fortesta!"

JC - Ocala November 2, 2014

AndroGel (testosterone): "I had my test level and it was 13 yeah 13 I felt like getting out of bed and going to work almost impossible. I am doing 2 packages a day my level is up to 320 no A rod but feeling better and no problem getting out of bed and working."

Bavafavagucci October 27, 2014

Axiron (testosterone): "Hi, I am Brazilian. So, sorry about my English. I am 57 yo and I started to have a very hard anxiety and depression around 10 years ago. After a lot of diferent antidepressants and anxiolytic medicines that worsened or destroyed my sexual life for almost 10 years I found that I had hypogonadism. My doctor prescribed Axiron 6 months ago and my depression and anxiety simply disapeared and I have now a normal life, with much more energy and my sexual life is back. Axiron saved my life."

Joaofernandes (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2014

"I'm only 26 but was at the low normal range and exhibiting every symptom of low testosterone. It runs in my family on my father's side unfortunately. Within a week of taking it all of my mood returned to normal, I'm no longer sleeping more than 7 hours and feeling well rested. I have a ton more self control and can easily diet and exercise. It gave me my life back basically. Only side effect I have is raging a lot but it's manageable, especially since I have a punching bag here."

Cooper II October 5, 2014

Delatestryl (testosterone): "Went to see Dr due to lethargy, low sex drive, fat gain, muscle loss and general "blah" feeling. 41yr old male. Was prescribed 100mg/week. Self injections. Within 4wks was feeling about 75% better and as time goes by...just keep getting better. Definitely a great medicine."

RupeMc September 17, 2014

Testim (testosterone): "I'm a 44 year old diabetic and Dr perscribed Testim 1% gel to treat my Low T level. It was not his 1st choice but my Insurance wouldn't pay for anything else. It came in a box With 30 individual 5g small tubes. The first thing I noticed, right away, was the pungent smell that did not go away when the product evaporated. My wife noticed it and my drycleaner too, who all found it unpleasant. Also, product goes on slimey but drys after about 5 minutes but, If you sweat, it will get slimey & your clothes stick. After 2 weeks, I noticed an increase in energy levels and felt better in general. However, I (nor my family), could not get past the pungent smell. I stopped using this product after about 3 weeks and will ask my Dr to change."

BR-549 (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2014