User Reviews for Euflexxa

Learn more about Euflexxa.

Euflexxa review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 274 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Euflexxa to treat Osteoarthritis

Review by Tim J:

Was offered one of three? But so glad I decided on three. My knees have never felt the same. Great product!

February 3, 2015 6:32 PM

Review by Tooyoung4this (taken for less than 1 month):

Had first shots in both knees 5 days ago. Almost instant relief. Not 100% but a very noticeable difference just leaving the drs. Office. Also have a recent meniscus tear that the Dr. wanted to wait on and see if these shots helped. Staying hydrated before the injections helped the shot pain. A little cold spray and it was almost painless. The only reason I didn't give it a ten is because I don't know the long term effects.

January 22, 2015 8:09 PM

Review by John Cl:

I am an active 60 y/o male; have had 2 surgeries to fix meniscus tears on left knee; also arthritic in that knee. I am 1 week out from 3rd injection. 1st shot was good -no side effects; 2nd shot - some increased swelling and stiffness; 3rd shot ok; one week out and I notice that I am not sore after sitting at my desk for an hour or more. I actually have to start getting used to trusting my knee when I stand up again! Definitely helped! I have not given it the acid test as I am a backpacker and I would usually get significant pain after the first couple of miles hiking. Initial reaction is that my knee is not perfect with 20% of my meniscus left, and I do still have some pain, but the shots DID HELP. No complaints.

December 4, 2014 1:15 PM

Review by TLP41 (taken for less than 1 month):

I am 41 years old and have osteoarthritis in both knees. I have tried everything from steroid injections, medications, and physical therapy without any long term relief. The steroid injections were really painful and didn't last, so I was very hesitant to try the Euflexxa. My Orthopedic Dr. gave me two choices (lubrication injections or arthroscopy). I knew that I didn't want the arthroscopy so I went for the Euflexxa. I was terrified but needed some relief. My first injection hurt a little and my knees were sore for a few hours. My second injection hurt a little more and was sore a little longer than the first time. I will have my third injection in 2 days and can't wait. I am so glad that I did it! My knee pain is very minimal.

November 4, 2014 11:42 PM

Review by Pain Hater 2:

I have received knee shots with Euflexxa and Hylagan and Synvisic-One. they all worked well for me. I experienced a little discomfort walking the first 10 minutes after the injections. The Euflexxa felt like WD-40 being sprayed into my knees and worked well. It made my knees feel very lubricated with a bit of a bounce. The others seemed to give a bit more cushion within the knees but with less lubrication. I would recommend Euflexxa to anyone that does not have an allergic reaction to it. Six to twelve months of relief. Greatly satisfied with the product and Insurance covered all of the price except the doctors up front office visit co-pay.

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 24, 2014 11:17 PM

Review by bumnknee (taken for less than 1 month):

Excellent

August 11, 2014 9:47 PM

Review by Siwaoasis (taken for less than 1 month):

After years of increasing pain I finally decided to try Euflexxa. Why did I wait so long?? After first injection I had absolutely NO pain, no swelling, no adverse reactions of any kind. I've just completed my third injection and still no pain. I now know what it is like to walk without pain. Relief!

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2014 10:08 PM

Review by Pattymac19 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am 49 and my right knee has been hurting for a year. MRI showed no tears, just worn cartilage. Steriod shot gave immediate 100% relief from pain but only for 2 1/2 months. Dr. gave me the series of Euflexa shots and the shots were not painful...just a little uncomfortable. But I have had very little relief from pain. I am having to take anti-inflammatory and pain pills but still not much relief. Scared Dr. Is going to have to scope it.

July 15, 2014 9:12 PM

Review by spinkick (taken for less than 1 month):

I am one week out from my third series (both knees) of Euflexxa injections and so far so good. More than forty years of competing and instructing taekwondo wore my cartilage away (I've also had both hips replaced) and I faced some challenging days. Since Euflexxa was introduced by my pain management doctor, I have begun trusting my legs again. There is less pain most days. Of course, none of us know how long the relief will last but I am happy with my experience to date. The treatments -- my first injection also contained cortisone -- were not all that bad. Good luck to all.

June 13, 2014 3:37 AM

Review by Califoria (taken for 1 to 6 months):

60 year old women with bone on bone and need TKR, however my doctor suggested Euflexxa saying I was too young for surgery. I am one and a half months out from my third injection. After the first injection I was able to sleep through the night without my knees locking, which was a huge improvement. My doctor said to take it easy for 48 hours after each injection and to ice four times a day. Right knee responded much better than the left, but I do have some pain relief in both knees. I started Physical Therapy 4 weeks prior to the injections and the doctor advised to continue as long as my insurance will pay. My doctor advised I will be at my optimum 3 months out from the third injection.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2014 2:43 PM

Review by EkimM (taken for 1 to 2 years):

52 year old, both knees are bad, I am not active anymore, but after receiving Euflexxa, things were much better. The shot itself really isn't that bad.

June 4, 2014 12:38 PM

Review by Carter4671:

1st shot I had started relieving my pain of going from sitting to standing. Had 2nd shot yesterday, sitting icing it now. My trainer is due in an hr so we will do upper body only which is what the ortho said for the day after a shot. I had a torn meniscus repair in December 2013 and my pain started again in March, I thought I had torn it again but he said nope, bone on bone. So far so good on this and I am 62. I am active with my personal trainer 3 times a week for the past 1.5yrs and I can't wait to be 100% active again.

May 20, 2014 12:55 PM

Review by angel2266 (taken for less than 1 month):

Received 1st of three on 5/5/2014 no side effects, very little pain.

May 6, 2014 12:17 PM

Review by Godofsci (taken for less than 1 month):

I am a 62 yr old male who has played soccer up to the age of 44 when my knees stopped me. I have endured the pain from bone to bone osteoarthritis for over 16 yrs. The pain would be moderate sometimes and debilitating at other times. After my first shot of Euflexxa in both knees, 4 weeks ago I was amazed at how pain free I was walking around. I have just completed my 3rd shot and am still amazed. I am hoping to stave off TKR for as long as possible. Thanks to Euflexxa this will be a reality.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2014 6:19 PM

Review by dccool (taken for less than 1 month):

Had 3 shots still hurt somewhat for two weeks, took some Sulindac once a day. I can play golf again.

April 6, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by Ex Pro-Athlete (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I'm a 60 year-old male and active tennis player that is almost bone-on-bone in both knees. My orthopedist has recommended replacements. I opted to try Euflexxa. I had both knees injected in April of 2013 and again 7 months later. Both procedures have given me amazing relief. My doc lowered my expectations on the first round, so I didn't have high hopes. I was more that pleasantly surprised! Without these shots, I would be facing immediate surgery. I endorse Euflexxa highly. I did learn a trick: Ice your knee(s) 30 minutes BEFORE the injection! I had close to zero injection pain as a result. Also, ice afterwards to reduce inflammation. Good luck all...

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2014 1:17 AM

Review by A youngster (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I am 28 and have done 4-5 rounds of Euflexxa. So far, it does help decrease pain levels and increase activity. However, this last round, in December, was extremely painful. I am hoping it was weather related, and not related to the medicine or to my knee getting worse.

February 27, 2014 4:28 PM

Have had good results so far. Am week out from third injection on left knee. Plan to start series on right knee next week. Injections were painless except for last one. Definitely ice knees after injections and don't over do activity for a couple days. Think that's why third was more painful. I am 64 with severe osteoarthritis and moderate rheumatoid arthritis. Know replacements are inevitable, but want to enjoy as much as possible until then. Good luck everyone!

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2013 9:52 AM

Review by Slawa:

I am 71 years old and both knees are bone on bone. Total knee replacements are not an option for me. I was getting Cortisone shots every few months and they were helpful. The doctor advised me Euflexxa may help me and I was given my 1st shot in the office but with every shot I felt worse, I advised the doctor that the pain was so extreme that I couldn't walk. 1 week after the 3rd shot I was given a Cortisone injection in both knees and 1 week later my left leg swelled up and I was admitted to the hospital with a flesh eating disease. I was close to 2 days from death and in surgery within a day to remove the bacteria. I was in the hospital and rehab for almost 4 months and am still in a wheelchair getting home nurse care and on antibiotics.

November 7, 2013 3:14 PM

Review by tncat (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I'm starting on my 2nd set of Euflexxa injections.. My first series was 6 months ago. I didn't think it helped my knees very much but thinking back over the last 6 months, I've had very little discomfort in my knees. I've hiked and played tennis all summer so maybe it did work! I'm just now feeling the discomfort returning..so I'm now going in for another 'round' of shots . The shots are not painful for me...just a little uncomfortable but not real pain. My insurance pays for the injections. I'm 62 and have bone on bone in both knees. Just hoping to put off TKR for a while.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2013 10:07 AM

Review by hunybun614:

I just got mine today. I am 38 years old. I have some bone on bone. I found a great doctor. They marked my knees...sprayed something to numb it. BAM NO PAIN, I FELT MORE PRESSURE THAN ANYTHING. Walking out, I felt AWESOME. NO CREAKING IN THE KNEES AND I AM ONLY ON VISIT ONE. CAN'T WAIT.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2013 1:56 PM

Review by MarineMom (taken for 2 to 5 years):

The Euflexxa provides relief for me for the pain of bone on bone in both knees. Originally, the relief would last for a year, now it's down to about nine months. I have extreme pain upon receiving the injections. I'm very interested to see that no one else seems to have this. My MD/PA ices the knee first and uses a topical spray, but the actual injecting of the Euflexxa causes me a lot of pain. Yesterday, the PA kept telling me to breathe. She was afraid I was going to pass out. The first shot of the series of three is always the worst, so I'm hoping next week's injections won't be so bad. This is probably my fourth time to have these shots.

May 2, 2013 11:55 AM

Review by anonymous61:

I'm 61. Late last year, I began having very painful osteoarthritis in both knees. Dr. said I'm nowhere near bone on bone, but I could hardly move. I got cortisone shots which helped, but I still had pain and could hardly walk. I felt 100 years old. I just completed a series of Euflexxa and I am walking normally again! I have over 40 stairs in my house and I am so far back to normal! This has been a lifesaver. I thought I was permanently disabled but I'm walking with no pain.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2013 2:42 AM

Review by JanetDB (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Have had knee pain for going on 10 years. Got to the point I couldn't take it any more and went to an ortho doc. He said right knee total bone on bone osteoarthritis and left knee is following but not completely bone on bone yet. He suggested Euflexxa shots, saying only other treatment would be a partial knee replacement. I figured it wouldn't hurt. I had the shots in December, 2012. First shot, no difference. Second shot, seemed to feel better, 3rd shot no change. About a month after getting them my knees still hurt. Figured it didn't work. But now two months later, I can actually go up and down stairs with minimal pain. I can go shopping and as long as it isn't all day affair, I do fine. Didn't take pain away completely, but is better

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2013 4:21 PM

Review by Lady DU:

I took cortisone injections in my knee for 2 years the last few injections the pain was getting worse. Was tired of taking pain pills I found Euflexxa with my search. Very glad I did I took the print out to my ortho Dr. and ask him about what I found. I'm afraid of needles so they used numbing solution. I definitely did NOT feel any pain. Friday was my 2nd injection.

January 12, 2013 11:47 PM