User Reviews for Euflexxa

Learn more about Euflexxa.

Euflexxa Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 231 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Euflexxa to treat Osteoarthritis

"Knee, loss of cartilage in both knees. Series 3 injections 1 wk apart. First lasted 12 months, second, same, now getting 3rd series. Works excellent. The use of Euflexxa has been excellent and continued to work well without pain for 12 months. This is my third series of injections."

Anonymous April 10, 2016

"Was so hope it would help. If anything , my knee has steadily worsened."

Middledee February 24, 2016

"I had my first shots on 1-21-16 OMG did it hurt so bad lots of pressure but I got through it I felt amazing after couple hrs so glad to rid of that pain and ouch! I had second shots week later in both knees it was less pain this time went great. On Feb 9 I had my last shots no pain my knees feel great still on feb 17 :) I'm glad I did these series of euflexxa shots ! I couldn't even walk now wow I'm good hope they last long time;)"

dorarose February 18, 2016

"I am a 36 year old male police officer and avid outdoor enthusiast. I had my 2nd ACL surgery in 2012. I am very active and having constant knee pain was not an option. My doctor decided to try Orthovist injections to help with the arthritis. The Orthovist worked great. Unfortunately my insurance required my doctor to switch to Euflexxa. After my first injection I was in incredible pain. The second shot my knee swelled and the pain was unbearable. The third shot was even worse. I ran a fever, had nausea, headaches; basic flu like symptoms. I have read a lot of the reviews on this website. It seems like patients either have good results or results like mine. I want future patients to be aware of the potential risks."

johnmike527 February 10, 2016

"I'm a 65 year old male and for 2 years I've delt with the OA in my right knee that made me think it was time for a knee replacement since I was told sometime back that it might be my next option. Went to the orthopedic doctor, took some X-rays and said he thought my pain was from a few bone spurs and OA and suggested we try the Euflexxa shots. My last shot was on the 5th of January and my knee feels great and now I can get my life back in order."

Nahmi January 30, 2016

"First injection, almost fainted, severe headache and severe blood pressure increase. Second injection, severe headache and blood pressure increase,went to ER. I've had to go on blood pressure meds after injections four moths ago. My BP was normal to low prior to injections. I refused third knee injection."

Susan m January 13, 2016

"I am a 65 year old active male. I had a scope on my left knee for a torn medial meniscus. For 8 months I was able to resume my activities including golf, walking, biking and swimming. Then, my knee began to swell and become painful again. My doc gave me a cortico steroid injection (pretty painful) in the knee joint. I received immediate relief which lasted about 3 months before the swelling and pain returned. I confirred with my doc again and opted for Euflexxa instead of another steroid injection. The pain from the injection was minimal and about a week after the 3rd injection, I have been pain free. I still ice my knee after exercise but hope that this remedy will buy me 6 months before I have another course of injections."

Anonymous December 14, 2015

"After years of pain I decided to get relief with "euflexxa" shots. Worst decision I ever made. I got my first shot on 11-4-15 and I have been sick with a fever-99.3 - 101.5 since then and it is now 12-6-15. I went back to the doctor who gave me the 2 shots for the 3rd. shot on 11-18-15 & showed him the swelling in my neck, along with the constant fever, muscle spasms, with back, shoulder pain, headaches,joint pain, feel weak, & constant terrible neck pain, so I can't drive. The doctor said that I have had an adverse reaction to "euflexxa" as after the first 2 shots my fever spiked within 24 hours. He wouldn't give me the 3rd. shot & told me to apply ice on my neck swelling & allow the "euflexxa" to wear off. Horrible Nightmare-Never Again"

10190 December 7, 2015

"I've had 3 series of Euflexxa with good relief from bone on bone pain as long as I don't overdo. They make it easier to walk and reduce general pain and stiffness. They also help significulty with preventing my knee from going into a sublux position. The injections themselves aren't painful, just uncomfortable. My doctor uses a topical anesthetic and is very gentle. Any pain is brief. I have some very minimal bleeding and swelling at the injection site and take it easy afterward. I'm so grateful for Euflexxa. I received injections of Synvisc (similar but with actual rooster comb as opposed to a synthetic) before. They worked great and I needed only 1 shot, not 3, but like many, I had a severe painful reaction with repeat injections."

Jasper380 December 5, 2015

"These series of 3 shots were a God send to me. I'm a very active person and the knee was so severe I could not walk without limping. It took 6 weeks after the 3rd shot to get relief. I'm back to walking and able to ride my bicycle for 10 plus miles 4 times a week. I also participate in several activities in a retirement park during the winter months in FL. My Spouse and I are able to take cruises and I'm pleased that I can walk the whole ship from one end to the other. I'm also able to get off the ship and walk around the ports."

Cruiser-07 December 2, 2015

"had my first injection today. had problems for years. 2 meniscuis surgerys and many cortisone shots. knee keeps getting fluid and have been getting it removed and cortisone inj. hasnt been lasting long. i have another torn meniscuis and osteoarthritis. i have little pain with fluid removal and cortisone inj. my first euflexxa inj. today was so painful that i cant go back. level 10 pain for about 30 seconds! also it was done by the same dr. that gave me painless cortisone! i was told to do normal activity and no mention of icing? it was my first and last one"

critternut October 29, 2015

"I have had osteoarthritis in both knees since 1997. I had to have arthroscopy on the right knee in 1997. The pain over the years have been horrible. Last year a new ortho dr asked me to try euflexxa and I said I would try anything at this point. I was in so much pain when I went in for my first round of shots, the shots hurt so bad but my dr said....just give it time. The second shot hurt less and I could tell the shots were starting to work. The third shot still hurt and my dr kept saying trust me. 2 weeks after all 3 shots...the pain had subsided so much that I only had to take my pain meds when I went to bed. I am currently on my 3rd set of the shots and I will not go past my 6 months. This is a God send!"

48 year old female (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2015

"I started using Euflexxa several years ago while training for a half marathon. Having a previous meniscus tear, I wanted to err on the safe side for the training, especially being in my 60's and overweight. About a year ago, I experienced another meniscus tear and recovery was difficult at best. It was to the point I was begging the Dr. for a new replacement. A second opinion confirmed I was definitely a candidate. I toughed it out. Therapy, exercise, losing 40 pounds, continuous stretching, massages have paid off. Even though I limp a little and stiff in the morning, replacement is off the radar. I'm now going back for more injections before the end of the year. They are a little pricey but definitely cheaper than a knee replacement."

Vic B. October 10, 2015

"I have had issues with both knees for approx 21 years. I had my left knee replaced in Aug of 2014. I DONT want to experience that type of pain again... So Today I received my 2nd injection of Euflexxa and I'm limping a little more than normal. However, besides today I can tell a slight difference.. I'm hoping after my 3rd injection I can get back to walking and jogging.. It is driving me nuts Sitting still. I'm afraid to gain any weight back."

MsNisha123 September 30, 2015

"I had a torn PCL, and developed early arthritis on my right knee. Very painful, Swollen, could not bend my knee, can't bear weight on that knee. Had 3 shots of Euflexia in October of last year, since then, I have been pain free. No swelling. The drug is good."

sarome September 22, 2015

"After severe swelling of my knee, my doctor decided that I was allergic to the stuff. Of course this was AFTER he put all three shots in. I haven't been able to work as an ICU nurse for 3 months due to complications. I now have had to have surgery to remove the stuff from my knee. It has lead to a sed rate of 56 (normal is 30) and swelling of the joints in my hands. I would not recommend this to anyone."

Betsy R July 9, 2015

"Had my second of three Euflexxa injections yesterday afternoon and am finding that my knee feels better with each shot. The injections result in a bit of a pinch followed by brief pressure, but are not painful. Seven years ago, the same doctor who is administering the shots, scoped my knee to shave off bone spurs, vacuum bone chips, perform a lateral release and micro-fracture. Ultimately, the knee is going to have to be replaced, but I'm hanging my hopes on Euflexxa for several years of additional relief before taking the jump to surgery. The downside is that my insurance company, Regence, will no longer cover Euflexxa beginning July 1, 2015. I intend to write a letter recounting my success to appeal for continuing coverage."

d_seattle (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2015

"So I had my first injections one year ago, worked great. Be sure you know what your paying and when (so there is no sticker shock). My Doc suggested a one time injection this time around, so I'm going with his recomendation (they charge per visit for X3). I would like to share one knee, torn meniscus one week (after year had expired) waited two week for recoup, other knee went after the two week. So I'm wait for pre-authorization for the shots for both knee's. Down the road I am probably looking at knee replacement, but don't want to get cut until all other options are exausted."

Old Lineman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2015

"im a 55 y/o female who suffers from severe rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, and polyneuralgia. I had my first injection yesterday. The injection was a bit more of a sting than most shots and there was a brief period of pressure, but overall, not that painful. It may or may not be related to Euflexxa, but a couple hours later, I was curled up in bed in incredible inflammatory pain. I received the injection around 2:30 pm, the inflamed state began around 4:00 pm, but by 11:00 pm or so, I was feeling great! I didn't get to sleep until after 3:00 am, slept in to 10:00 am, and woke up a bit weak. After meds and a cup of soup, I was revived and ready to go! I ran my errands full of energy! It felt weird that I wasn't limping!"

Madreg60 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2015

"I'm about to start my third round of Euflexxa. I tried Synvisc-1 twice with great results but only lasting 4-6 months. My first round of Euflexxa lasted almost 15 months, and I was pain free most of that time. The second round was almost 18 months! No significant side effects, a little swelling and pain after shots, but not for long. I am very physically active; I teach or take Pilates 6 times a week, take yoga 3 times a week, and do deep water aerobics 3 times a week, in addition to walking my dogs twice a day. This medicine is a God send. I am hoping to avoid TKR for as long as possible and stay happily active as well."

Kneemo April 30, 2015

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Six weeks since first injections in both knees. Have arthritis and tore the meniscus in both knees last Fall. Right knee is 90% bone on bone. First shots did not hurt. Second shots wow! How I got through it baffles me. Third shot, no pain just uncomfortable. I'm 47. Noticed a difference after first week; now we are 5 weeks out, right knee is stiff again and am having pain and problems walking. Left knee is hurting but nothing like before the shots. Am hoping insurance will authorize TKR for the right one. Am basically unable to do anything pain free."

Cub's Gimped Mama April 26, 2015

"I am 65 with osteoarthritis in both knees. My orthpaedist gave me a round of cortisone, saying if it helped, the Euflexxa most likely would as well. Luckily the cortisone helped; I proceeded with 3 sets of injections. Both the cortisone and the first 2 sets of Euflexxa were excruciatingly painful, all administered by different people with scan guidance. The 4th set (3rd Euflexxa) was absolutely painless due to skill of person administering. I almost didn't finish the series because of the pain of injections. However, in the long run, the Euflexxa gave me 5 months totally pain free. One knee has started to become painful again but the other is still great at 8 months. Time for another round of Euflexxa!"

Yogi Again (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2015

"Was offered one of three? But so glad I decided on three. My knees have never felt the same. Great product!"

Tim J February 3, 2015

"Had first shots in both knees 5 days ago. Almost instant relief. Not 100% but a very noticeable difference just leaving the drs. Office. Also have a recent meniscus tear that the Dr. wanted to wait on and see if these shots helped. Staying hydrated before the injections helped the shot pain. A little cold spray and it was almost painless. The only reason I didn't give it a ten is because I don't know the long term effects."

Tooyoung4this (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2015

"I am an active 60 y/o male; have had 2 surgeries to fix meniscus tears on left knee; also arthritic in that knee. I am 1 week out from 3rd injection. 1st shot was good -no side effects; 2nd shot - some increased swelling and stiffness; 3rd shot ok; one week out and I notice that I am not sore after sitting at my desk for an hour or more. I actually have to start getting used to trusting my knee when I stand up again! Definitely helped! I have not given it the acid test as I am a backpacker and I would usually get significant pain after the first couple of miles hiking. Initial reaction is that my knee is not perfect with 20% of my meniscus left, and I do still have some pain, but the shots DID HELP. No complaints."

John Cl December 4, 2014