User Reviews for Euflexxa

Learn more about Euflexxa.

Euflexxa Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 272 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Euflexxa to treat Osteoarthritis

"I'm about to start my third round of Euflexxa. I tried Synvisc-1 twice with great results but only lasting 4-6 months. My first round of Euflexxa lasted almost 15 months, and I was pain free most of that time. The second round was almost 18 months! No significant side effects, a little swelling and pain after shots, but not for long. I am very physically active; I teach or take Pilates 6 times a week, take yoga 3 times a week, and do deep water aerobics 3 times a week, in addition to walking my dogs twice a day. This medicine is a God send. I am hoping to avoid TKR for as long as possible and stay happily active as well."

Kneemo April 30, 2015

"Six weeks since first injections in both knees. Have arthritis and tore the meniscus in both knees last Fall. Right knee is 90% bone on bone. First shots did not hurt. Second shots wow! How I got through it baffles me. Third shot, no pain just uncomfortable. I'm 47. Noticed a difference after first week; now we are 5 weeks out, right knee is stiff again and am having pain and problems walking. Left knee is hurting but nothing like before the shots. Am hoping insurance will authorize TKR for the right one. Am basically unable to do anything pain free."

Cub's Gimped Mama April 26, 2015

"I am 65 with osteoarthritis in both knees. My orthpaedist gave me a round of cortisone, saying if it helped, the Euflexxa most likely would as well. Luckily the cortisone helped; I proceeded with 3 sets of injections. Both the cortisone and the first 2 sets of Euflexxa were excruciatingly painful, all administered by different people with scan guidance. The 4th set (3rd Euflexxa) was absolutely painless due to skill of person administering. I almost didn't finish the series because of the pain of injections. However, in the long run, the Euflexxa gave me 5 months totally pain free. One knee has started to become painful again but the other is still great at 8 months. Time for another round of Euflexxa!"

Yogi Again (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2015

"Was offered one of three? But so glad I decided on three. My knees have never felt the same. Great product!"

Tim J February 3, 2015

"Had first shots in both knees 5 days ago. Almost instant relief. Not 100% but a very noticeable difference just leaving the drs. Office. Also have a recent meniscus tear that the Dr. wanted to wait on and see if these shots helped. Staying hydrated before the injections helped the shot pain. A little cold spray and it was almost painless. The only reason I didn't give it a ten is because I don't know the long term effects."

Tooyoung4this (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2015

"I am an active 60 y/o male; have had 2 surgeries to fix meniscus tears on left knee; also arthritic in that knee. I am 1 week out from 3rd injection. 1st shot was good -no side effects; 2nd shot - some increased swelling and stiffness; 3rd shot ok; one week out and I notice that I am not sore after sitting at my desk for an hour or more. I actually have to start getting used to trusting my knee when I stand up again! Definitely helped! I have not given it the acid test as I am a backpacker and I would usually get significant pain after the first couple of miles hiking. Initial reaction is that my knee is not perfect with 20% of my meniscus left, and I do still have some pain, but the shots DID HELP. No complaints."

John Cl December 4, 2014

"I am 41 years old and have osteoarthritis in both knees. I have tried everything from steroid injections, medications, and physical therapy without any long term relief. The steroid injections were really painful and didn't last, so I was very hesitant to try the Euflexxa. My Orthopedic Dr. gave me two choices (lubrication injections or arthroscopy). I knew that I didn't want the arthroscopy so I went for the Euflexxa. I was terrified but needed some relief. My first injection hurt a little and my knees were sore for a few hours. My second injection hurt a little more and was sore a little longer than the first time. I will have my third injection in 2 days and can't wait. I am so glad that I did it! My knee pain is very minimal."

TLP41 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2014

"I have received knee shots with Euflexxa and Hylagan and Synvisic-One. they all worked well for me. I experienced a little discomfort walking the first 10 minutes after the injections. The Euflexxa felt like WD-40 being sprayed into my knees and worked well. It made my knees feel very lubricated with a bit of a bounce. The others seemed to give a bit more cushion within the knees but with less lubrication. I would recommend Euflexxa to anyone that does not have an allergic reaction to it. Six to twelve months of relief. Greatly satisfied with the product and Insurance covered all of the price except the doctors up front office visit co-pay."

Pain Hater 2 September 24, 2014

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Excellent"

bumnknee (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2014

"After years of increasing pain I finally decided to try Euflexxa. Why did I wait so long?? After first injection I had absolutely NO pain, no swelling, no adverse reactions of any kind. I've just completed my third injection and still no pain. I now know what it is like to walk without pain. Relief!"

Siwaoasis (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am 49 and my right knee has been hurting for a year. MRI showed no tears, just worn cartilage. Steriod shot gave immediate 100% relief from pain but only for 2 1/2 months. Dr. gave me the series of Euflexa shots and the shots were not painful...just a little uncomfortable. But I have had very little relief from pain. I am having to take anti-inflammatory and pain pills but still not much relief. Scared Dr. Is going to have to scope it. "

Pattymac19 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2014

"I am one week out from my third series (both knees) of Euflexxa injections and so far so good. More than forty years of competing and instructing taekwondo wore my cartilage away (I've also had both hips replaced) and I faced some challenging days. Since Euflexxa was introduced by my pain management doctor, I have begun trusting my legs again. There is less pain most days. Of course, none of us know how long the relief will last but I am happy with my experience to date. The treatments -- my first injection also contained cortisone -- were not all that bad. Good luck to all."

spinkick (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2014

"60 year old women with bone on bone and need TKR, however my doctor suggested Euflexxa saying I was too young for surgery. I am one and a half months out from my third injection. After the first injection I was able to sleep through the night without my knees locking, which was a huge improvement. My doctor said to take it easy for 48 hours after each injection and to ice four times a day. Right knee responded much better than the left, but I do have some pain relief in both knees. I started Physical Therapy 4 weeks prior to the injections and the doctor advised to continue as long as my insurance will pay. My doctor advised I will be at my optimum 3 months out from the third injection."

Califoria (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2014

"52 year old, both knees are bad, I am not active anymore, but after receiving Euflexxa, things were much better. The shot itself really isn't that bad."

EkimM (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 4, 2014

"1st shot I had started relieving my pain of going from sitting to standing. Had 2nd shot yesterday, sitting icing it now. My trainer is due in an hr so we will do upper body only which is what the ortho said for the day after a shot. I had a torn meniscus repair in December 2013 and my pain started again in March, I thought I had torn it again but he said nope, bone on bone. So far so good on this and I am 62. I am active with my personal trainer 3 times a week for the past 1.5yrs and I can't wait to be 100% active again."

Carter4671 May 20, 2014

"Received 1st of three on 5/5/2014 no side effects, very little pain."

angel2266 (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2014

"I am a 62 yr old male who has played soccer up to the age of 44 when my knees stopped me. I have endured the pain from bone to bone osteoarthritis for over 16 yrs. The pain would be moderate sometimes and debilitating at other times. After my first shot of Euflexxa in both knees, 4 weeks ago I was amazed at how pain free I was walking around. I have just completed my 3rd shot and am still amazed. I am hoping to stave off TKR for as long as possible. Thanks to Euflexxa this will be a reality."

Godofsci (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Had 3 shots still hurt somewhat for two weeks, took some Sulindac once a day. I can play golf again."

dccool (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2014

"I'm a 60 year-old male and active tennis player that is almost bone-on-bone in both knees. My orthopedist has recommended replacements. I opted to try Euflexxa. I had both knees injected in April of 2013 and again 7 months later. Both procedures have given me amazing relief. My doc lowered my expectations on the first round, so I didn't have high hopes. I was more that pleasantly surprised! Without these shots, I would be facing immediate surgery. I endorse Euflexxa highly. I did learn a trick: Ice your knee(s) 30 minutes BEFORE the injection! I had close to zero injection pain as a result. Also, ice afterwards to reduce inflammation. Good luck all..."

Ex Pro-Athlete (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2014

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am 28 and have done 4-5 rounds of Euflexxa. So far, it does help decrease pain levels and increase activity. However, this last round, in December, was extremely painful. I am hoping it was weather related, and not related to the medicine or to my knee getting worse."

A youngster (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2014

"Have had good results so far. Am week out from third injection on left knee. Plan to start series on right knee next week. Injections were painless except for last one. Definitely ice knees after injections and don't over do activity for a couple days. Think that's why third was more painful. I am 64 with severe osteoarthritis and moderate rheumatoid arthritis. Know replacements are inevitable, but want to enjoy as much as possible until then. Good luck everyone!"

Anonymous November 24, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am 71 years old and both knees are bone on bone. Total knee replacements are not an option for me. I was getting Cortisone shots every few months and they were helpful. The doctor advised me Euflexxa may help me and I was given my 1st shot in the office but with every shot I felt worse, I advised the doctor that the pain was so extreme that I couldn't walk. 1 week after the 3rd shot I was given a Cortisone injection in both knees and 1 week later my left leg swelled up and I was admitted to the hospital with a flesh eating disease. I was close to 2 days from death and in surgery within a day to remove the bacteria. I was in the hospital and rehab for almost 4 months and am still in a wheelchair getting home nurse care and on antibiotics."

Slawa November 7, 2013

"I'm starting on my 2nd set of Euflexxa injections.. My first series was 6 months ago. I didn't think it helped my knees very much but thinking back over the last 6 months, I've had very little discomfort in my knees. I've hiked and played tennis all summer so maybe it did work! I'm just now feeling the discomfort returning..so I'm now going in for another 'round' of shots . The shots are not painful for me...just a little uncomfortable but not real pain. My insurance pays for the injections. I'm 62 and have bone on bone in both knees. Just hoping to put off TKR for a while."

tncat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2013

"I just got mine today. I am 38 years old. I have some bone on bone. I found a great doctor. They marked my knees...sprayed something to numb it. BAM NO PAIN, I FELT MORE PRESSURE THAN ANYTHING. Walking out, I felt AWESOME. NO CREAKING IN THE KNEES AND I AM ONLY ON VISIT ONE. CAN'T WAIT."

hunybun614 July 31, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"The Euflexxa provides relief for me for the pain of bone on bone in both knees. Originally, the relief would last for a year, now it's down to about nine months. I have extreme pain upon receiving the injections. I'm very interested to see that no one else seems to have this. My MD/PA ices the knee first and uses a topical spray, but the actual injecting of the Euflexxa causes me a lot of pain. Yesterday, the PA kept telling me to breathe. She was afraid I was going to pass out. The first shot of the series of three is always the worst, so I'm hoping next week's injections won't be so bad. This is probably my fourth time to have these shots."

MarineMom (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2013