User Reviews for Euflexxa

Learn more about Euflexxa.

Osteoarthritis 62 reviews 340 medications

7.6
Summary of Euflexxa reviews 62 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Euflexxa

For Osteoarthritis "After severe swelling of my knee, my doctor decided that I was allergic to the stuff. Of course this was AFTER he put all three shots in. I haven't been able to work as an ICU nurse for 3 months due to complications. I now have had to have surgery to remove the stuff from my knee. It has lead to a sed rate of 56 (normal is 30) and swelling of the joints in my hands. I would not recommend this to anyone."

Betsy R July 9, 2015

"In April 2014 my knees just simply gave out. No cartilidge the doc said. Tried cortisone,it did absolutely nothing. Started Euflexxa Jul '14. Got 1 shot a week, 3 weeks straight. Felt better, still limped, could not put weight on it, but it was better. Jan 2015 took 2nd series of 3 shots. It got better again...limp reduced, could put more weight on it. Just got my 3rd series over past 3 weeks. Instantly with the first shot my knee felt better...vast improvement. Second shot, even better. About 5 days after the second shot it has been 2 days and all of a sudden I realized, wow I haven't had any knee pain in 2 straight days! So much, so I FORGOT about my knees! Take time but it works!!"

Lavender Lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Had my second of three Euflexxa injections yesterday afternoon and am finding that my knee feels better with each shot. The injections result in a bit of a pinch followed by brief pressure, but are not painful. Seven years ago, the same doctor who is administering the shots, scoped my knee to shave off bone spurs, vacuum bone chips, perform a lateral release and micro-fracture. Ultimately, the knee is going to have to be replaced, but I'm hanging my hopes on Euflexxa for several years of additional relief before taking the jump to surgery. The downside is that my insurance company, Regence, will no longer cover Euflexxa beginning July 1, 2015. I intend to write a letter recounting my success to appeal for continuing coverage."

d_seattle (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "So I had my first injections one year ago, worked great. Be sure you know what your paying and when (so there is no sticker shock). My Doc suggested a one time injection this time around, so I'm going with his recomendation (they charge per visit for X3). I would like to share one knee, torn meniscus one week (after year had expired) waited two week for recoup, other knee went after the two week. So I'm wait for pre-authorization for the shots for both knee's. Down the road I am probably looking at knee replacement, but don't want to get cut until all other options are exausted."

Old Lineman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "im a 55 y/o female who suffers from severe rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, and polyneuralgia. I had my first injection yesterday. The injection was a bit more of a sting than most shots and there was a brief period of pressure, but overall, not that painful. It may or may not be related to Euflexxa, but a couple hours later, I was curled up in bed in incredible inflammatory pain. I received the injection around 2:30 pm, the inflamed state began around 4:00 pm, but by 11:00 pm or so, I was feeling great! I didn't get to sleep until after 3:00 am, slept in to 10:00 am, and woke up a bit weak. After meds and a cup of soup, I was revived and ready to go! I ran my errands full of energy! It felt weird that I wasn't limping!"

Madreg60 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I'm about to start my third round of Euflexxa. I tried Synvisc-1 twice with great results but only lasting 4-6 months. My first round of Euflexxa lasted almost 15 months, and I was pain free most of that time. The second round was almost 18 months! No significant side effects, a little swelling and pain after shots, but not for long. I am very physically active; I teach or take Pilates 6 times a week, take yoga 3 times a week, and do deep water aerobics 3 times a week, in addition to walking my dogs twice a day. This medicine is a God send. I am hoping to avoid TKR for as long as possible and stay happily active as well."

Kneemo April 30, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Six weeks since first injections in both knees. Have arthritis and tore the meniscus in both knees last Fall. Right knee is 90% bone on bone. First shots did not hurt. Second shots wow! How I got through it baffles me. Third shot, no pain just uncomfortable. I'm 47. Noticed a difference after first week; now we are 5 weeks out, right knee is stiff again and am having pain and problems walking. Left knee is hurting but nothing like before the shots. Am hoping insurance will authorize TKR for the right one. Am basically unable to do anything pain free."

Cub's Gimped Mama April 26, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I am 65 with osteoarthritis in both knees. My orthpaedist gave me a round of cortisone, saying if it helped, the Euflexxa most likely would as well. Luckily the cortisone helped; I proceeded with 3 sets of injections. Both the cortisone and the first 2 sets of Euflexxa were excruciatingly painful, all administered by different people with scan guidance. The 4th set (3rd Euflexxa) was absolutely painless due to skill of person administering. I almost didn't finish the series because of the pain of injections. However, in the long run, the Euflexxa gave me 5 months totally pain free. One knee has started to become painful again but the other is still great at 8 months. Time for another round of Euflexxa!"

Yogi Again (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Was offered one of three? But so glad I decided on three. My knees have never felt the same. Great product!"

Tim J February 3, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Had first shots in both knees 5 days ago. Almost instant relief. Not 100% but a very noticeable difference just leaving the drs. Office. Also have a recent meniscus tear that the Dr. wanted to wait on and see if these shots helped. Staying hydrated before the injections helped the shot pain. A little cold spray and it was almost painless. The only reason I didn't give it a ten is because I don't know the long term effects."

Tooyoung4this (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I am an active 60 y/o male; have had 2 surgeries to fix meniscus tears on left knee; also arthritic in that knee. I am 1 week out from 3rd injection. 1st shot was good -no side effects; 2nd shot - some increased swelling and stiffness; 3rd shot ok; one week out and I notice that I am not sore after sitting at my desk for an hour or more. I actually have to start getting used to trusting my knee when I stand up again! Definitely helped! I have not given it the acid test as I am a backpacker and I would usually get significant pain after the first couple of miles hiking. Initial reaction is that my knee is not perfect with 20% of my meniscus left, and I do still have some pain, but the shots DID HELP. No complaints."

John Cl December 4, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I am 41 years old and have osteoarthritis in both knees. I have tried everything from steroid injections, medications, and physical therapy without any long term relief. The steroid injections were really painful and didn't last, so I was very hesitant to try the Euflexxa. My Orthopedic Dr. gave me two choices (lubrication injections or arthroscopy). I knew that I didn't want the arthroscopy so I went for the Euflexxa. I was terrified but needed some relief. My first injection hurt a little and my knees were sore for a few hours. My second injection hurt a little more and was sore a little longer than the first time. I will have my third injection in 2 days and can't wait. I am so glad that I did it! My knee pain is very minimal."

TLP41 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I have received knee shots with Euflexxa and Hylagan and Synvisic-One. they all worked well for me. I experienced a little discomfort walking the first 10 minutes after the injections. The Euflexxa felt like WD-40 being sprayed into my knees and worked well. It made my knees feel very lubricated with a bit of a bounce. The others seemed to give a bit more cushion within the knees but with less lubrication. I would recommend Euflexxa to anyone that does not have an allergic reaction to it. Six to twelve months of relief. Greatly satisfied with the product and Insurance covered all of the price except the doctors up front office visit co-pay."

Pain Hater 2 September 24, 2014

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Excellent"

bumnknee (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "After years of increasing pain I finally decided to try Euflexxa. Why did I wait so long?? After first injection I had absolutely NO pain, no swelling, no adverse reactions of any kind. I've just completed my third injection and still no pain. I now know what it is like to walk without pain. Relief!"

Siwaoasis (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2014

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I am 49 and my right knee has been hurting for a year. MRI showed no tears, just worn cartilage. Steriod shot gave immediate 100% relief from pain but only for 2 1/2 months. Dr. gave me the series of Euflexa shots and the shots were not painful...just a little uncomfortable. But I have had very little relief from pain. I am having to take anti-inflammatory and pain pills but still not much relief. Scared Dr. Is going to have to scope it. "

Pattymac19 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I am one week out from my third series (both knees) of Euflexxa injections and so far so good. More than forty years of competing and instructing taekwondo wore my cartilage away (I've also had both hips replaced) and I faced some challenging days. Since Euflexxa was introduced by my pain management doctor, I have begun trusting my legs again. There is less pain most days. Of course, none of us know how long the relief will last but I am happy with my experience to date. The treatments -- my first injection also contained cortisone -- were not all that bad. Good luck to all."

spinkick (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "60 year old women with bone on bone and need TKR, however my doctor suggested Euflexxa saying I was too young for surgery. I am one and a half months out from my third injection. After the first injection I was able to sleep through the night without my knees locking, which was a huge improvement. My doctor said to take it easy for 48 hours after each injection and to ice four times a day. Right knee responded much better than the left, but I do have some pain relief in both knees. I started Physical Therapy 4 weeks prior to the injections and the doctor advised to continue as long as my insurance will pay. My doctor advised I will be at my optimum 3 months out from the third injection."

Califoria (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "52 year old, both knees are bad, I am not active anymore, but after receiving Euflexxa, things were much better. The shot itself really isn't that bad."

EkimM (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 4, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "1st shot I had started relieving my pain of going from sitting to standing. Had 2nd shot yesterday, sitting icing it now. My trainer is due in an hr so we will do upper body only which is what the ortho said for the day after a shot. I had a torn meniscus repair in December 2013 and my pain started again in March, I thought I had torn it again but he said nope, bone on bone. So far so good on this and I am 62. I am active with my personal trainer 3 times a week for the past 1.5yrs and I can't wait to be 100% active again."

Carter4671 May 20, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "Received 1st of three on 5/5/2014 no side effects, very little pain."

angel2266 (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I am a 62 yr old male who has played soccer up to the age of 44 when my knees stopped me. I have endured the pain from bone to bone osteoarthritis for over 16 yrs. The pain would be moderate sometimes and debilitating at other times. After my first shot of Euflexxa in both knees, 4 weeks ago I was amazed at how pain free I was walking around. I have just completed my 3rd shot and am still amazed. I am hoping to stave off TKR for as long as possible. Thanks to Euflexxa this will be a reality."

Godofsci (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2014

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Had 3 shots still hurt somewhat for two weeks, took some Sulindac once a day. I can play golf again."

dccool (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I'm a 60 year-old male and active tennis player that is almost bone-on-bone in both knees. My orthopedist has recommended replacements. I opted to try Euflexxa. I had both knees injected in April of 2013 and again 7 months later. Both procedures have given me amazing relief. My doc lowered my expectations on the first round, so I didn't have high hopes. I was more that pleasantly surprised! Without these shots, I would be facing immediate surgery. I endorse Euflexxa highly. I did learn a trick: Ice your knee(s) 30 minutes BEFORE the injection! I had close to zero injection pain as a result. Also, ice afterwards to reduce inflammation. Good luck all..."

Ex Pro-Athlete (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2014

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I am 28 and have done 4-5 rounds of Euflexxa. So far, it does help decrease pain levels and increase activity. However, this last round, in December, was extremely painful. I am hoping it was weather related, and not related to the medicine or to my knee getting worse."

A youngster (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2014