User Reviews for Euflexxa

Learn more about Euflexxa.

Osteoarthritis 42 reviews 365 medications

7.4
Summary of Euflexxa reviews 42 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Euflexxa

Review by Godofsci (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: I am a 62 yr old male who has played soccer up to the age of 44 when my knees stopped me. I have endured the pain from bone to bone osteoarthritis for over 16 yrs. The pain would be moderate sometimes and debilitating at other times. After my first shot of Euflexxa in both knees, 4 weeks ago I was amazed at how pain free I was walking around. I have just completed my 3rd shot and am still amazed. I am hoping to stave off TKR for as long as possible. Thanks to Euflexxa this will be a reality.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 15, 2014 6:19 PM
Review by dccool (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: Had 3 shots still hurt somewhat for two weeks, took some Sulindac once a day. I can play golf again.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 6, 2014 5:17 PM
Review by Ex Pro-Athlete (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: I'm a 60 year-old male and active tennis player that is almost bone-on-bone in both knees. My orthopedist has recommended replacements. I opted to try Euflexxa. I had both knees injected in April of 2013 and again 7 months later. Both procedures have given me amazing relief. My doc lowered my expectations on the first round, so I didn't have high hopes. I was more that pleasantly surprised! Without these shots, I would be facing immediate surgery. I endorse Euflexxa highly. I did learn a trick: Ice your knee(s) 30 minutes BEFORE the injection! I had close to zero injection pain as a result. Also, ice afterwards to reduce inflammation. Good luck all...

March 5, 2014 1:17 AM
Review by A youngster (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: I am 28 and have done 4-5 rounds of Euflexxa. So far, it does help decrease pain levels and increase activity. However, this last round, in December, was extremely painful. I am hoping it was weather related, and not related to the medicine or to my knee getting worse.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 27, 2014 4:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: Have had good results so far. Am week out from third injection on left knee. Plan to start series on right knee next week. Injections were painless except for last one. Definitely ice knees after injections and don't over do activity for a couple days. Think that's why third was more painful. I am 64 with severe osteoarthritis and moderate rheumatoid arthritis. Know replacements are inevitable, but want to enjoy as much as possible until then. Good luck everyone!

November 24, 2013 9:52 AM
Review by Slawa: User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: I am 71 years old and both knees are bone on bone. Total knee replacements are not an option for me. I was getting Cortisone shots every few months and they were helpful. The doctor advised me Euflexxa may help me and I was given my 1st shot in the office but with every shot I felt worse, I advised the doctor that the pain was so extreme that I couldn't walk. 1 week after the 3rd shot I was given a Cortisone injection in both knees and 1 week later my left leg swelled up and I was admitted to the hospital with a flesh eating disease. I was close to 2 days from death and in surgery within a day to remove the bacteria. I was in the hospital and rehab for almost 4 months and am still in a wheelchair getting home nurse care and on antibiotics.

November 7, 2013 3:14 PM
Review by tncat (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: I'm starting on my 2nd set of Euflexxa injections.. My first series was 6 months ago. I didn't think it helped my knees very much but thinking back over the last 6 months, I've had very little discomfort in my knees. I've hiked and played tennis all summer so maybe it did work! I'm just now feeling the discomfort returning..so I'm now going in for another 'round' of shots . The shots are not painful for me...just a little uncomfortable but not real pain. My insurance pays for the injections. I'm 62 and have bone on bone in both knees. Just hoping to put off TKR for a while.

October 23, 2013 10:07 AM
Review by hunybun614: User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: I just got mine today. I am 38 years old. I have some bone on bone. I found a great doctor. They marked my knees...sprayed something to numb it. BAM NO PAIN, I FELT MORE PRESSURE THAN ANYTHING. Walking out, I felt AWESOME. NO CREAKING IN THE KNEES AND I AM ONLY ON VISIT ONE. CAN'T WAIT.

July 31, 2013 1:56 PM
Review by MarineMom (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: The Euflexxa provides relief for me for the pain of bone on bone in both knees. Originally, the relief would last for a year, now it's down to about nine months. I have extreme pain upon receiving the injections. I'm very interested to see that no one else seems to have this. My MD/PA ices the knee first and uses a topical spray, but the actual injecting of the Euflexxa causes me a lot of pain. Yesterday, the PA kept telling me to breathe. She was afraid I was going to pass out. The first shot of the series of three is always the worst, so I'm hoping next week's injections won't be so bad. This is probably my fourth time to have these shots.

May 2, 2013 11:55 AM
Review by anonymous61: User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: I'm 61. Late last year, I began having very painful osteoarthritis in both knees. Dr. said I'm nowhere near bone on bone, but I could hardly move. I got cortisone shots which helped, but I still had pain and could hardly walk. I felt 100 years old. I just completed a series of Euflexxa and I am walking normally again! I have over 40 stairs in my house and I am so far back to normal! This has been a lifesaver. I thought I was permanently disabled but I'm walking with no pain.

April 28, 2013 2:42 AM
Review by JanetDB (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: Have had knee pain for going on 10 years. Got to the point I couldn't take it any more and went to an ortho doc. He said right knee total bone on bone osteoarthritis and left knee is following but not completely bone on bone yet. He suggested Euflexxa shots, saying only other treatment would be a partial knee replacement. I figured it wouldn't hurt. I had the shots in December, 2012. First shot, no difference. Second shot, seemed to feel better, 3rd shot no change. About a month after getting them my knees still hurt. Figured it didn't work. But now two months later, I can actually go up and down stairs with minimal pain. I can go shopping and as long as it isn't all day affair, I do fine. Didn't take pain away completely, but is better

February 26, 2013 4:21 PM
Review by Lady DU: User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: I took cortisone injections in my knee for 2 years the last few injections the pain was getting worse. Was tired of taking pain pills I found Euflexxa with my search. Very glad I did I took the print out to my ortho Dr. and ask him about what I found. I'm afraid of needles so they used numbing solution. I definitely did NOT feel any pain. Friday was my 2nd injection.

January 12, 2013 11:47 PM
Review by Vball (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: I am 45 with bone on bone osteoarthritis. MD said I'm too young for TKR. I had meniscal tear removed in July but still had extreme pain. After PT, MD recommended Euflexxa. Figured I'd give it a try-can't hurt. I finished my 3rd injection 4 weeks ago. Climbing stairs and walking is easier and less pain. There are days that the knee pain is worse but that is handled by a dose of ibuprofen. I am no longer taking the max. of anti-inflammatories on a daily basis. These shots have made daily activities less painful. Allow 6 weeks from first shot to feel benefits and communicate with your MD of any issues. So far I'm hopeful.

December 29, 2012 10:10 AM
Review by experienced8585 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: I just finished my 3rd series of 3 shots each. Give it 2-3 to weeks after your last shot. Stay away from cardio and ice it daily. This is truly an amazing product. It hurts during and after and take it easy.

November 7, 2012 6:05 PM
Review by PJBear72 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: I went in today for my first of the 3 injections of Euflexxa.. I had psyched myself out pretty bad by reading some of the reviews so I wanted to at least share mine because it was a good experience. I am no fan of needles or injections and had great difficulty after going through Prolough therapy injections. But this was 2 seconds of pinch, a little burn discomfort but nothing compared to what I was worried it would be, and my knees feel better now than when I went in today. So for now, I have to say I am glad I did it and will be continuing with the other 2 injections in the coming weeks. Best of luck to everyone and pain free days!

October 18, 2012 5:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: Had first series a year ago, no pain or swelling after injections. My knees are bone on bone and doctor wanted to do knee replacement, too much arthritis and due to age they did not want to do arthoscopic surgery. I refuse steroid injections as they only mask the problelm. I am very sensitive to medications so I was very worried about a reaction from Euflexxa but had none. Pain was gone after 2nd shot and has lasted a year. Just had next series in left knee and am having right knee done starting next week. The only other option is knee replacement and after what happened to my husband, will only do it if the pain becomes unbearable. Totally satisfied with euflexxa

September 29, 2012 3:27 AM

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: Wonderful

June 12, 2012 8:48 PM
Review by jopo72 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: After highly successful results (2 years relief per series) my insurance insisted on Euflexxa). Following completion of series of three shots, my previously comfortable knees are completely destroyed. My range of motion is very limited and walking long distances is painful.

June 6, 2012 2:27 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: Had first series 6 months ago and had to wait the full six weeks for relief. I would say that the pain subsided at that point but not completely. I have just completed my second series six months later and the relief was immediate and complete. I am pain free! Had some headaches at the back of my head but nothing bad enough that I would not continue with this life changing experience.

May 19, 2012 7:43 AM
Review by Mt. Biker: User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: One day after the first injection I could tell a difference - no start up pain. The injections were painless. The doc put a cold numbing substance on the skin and when he injected it I couldn't even feel it. I had my last injection this morning, equally painless (the PA did it this time). I still have a lot of stiffness and am hoping now that I have all 3 to see some relief in the next few weeks.

March 28, 2012 2:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: This is my 2nd series and the 1st lasted almost exactly 6 months until the pain cam back in my left knee. Today I had my 3rd shot in this series and the injection itself caused me considerable pain. Several hours later it still doesn't feel great.

March 26, 2012 6:44 PM
Review by Rob Z: User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: I'm going tomorrow for my third Euflexxa shot. I was told I am not bone to bone but getting there. Severe arthritis in left knee. PKR is about 3-5 years out so Dr's say (3 opinions) For awhile the the NSAID's worked, corticosteroid shots lasted about a month. Knee pain comes and goes and flares up and worse each time. I am real encouraged that some have gotten years out of it. I am only 57 and like to work out everyday, but my knee has held me back. The Doctor's have told me my knee is strong, I can't hurt it by working out I just need to manage the pain, and keep tabs on the swelling with ice. I felt 75% better after first shot, the second hurt for a few days. Now it feels great. I hope this keeps getting better.

February 21, 2012 4:07 PM

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: I had three shots, in my left leg/knee. The last one was a week ago. I have had great relief but still some minor discomfort. I have put off knee surgery at this time to see how my knee responds.

February 11, 2012 8:28 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: Great.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 20, 2011 12:24 PM
Review by MrBrown: User Rating:

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: My doctor recommended Euflexxa in a severely arthritic left knee after 18 months of cortisone shots. The cortisone worked very well but there were concerns about using it "long term". I had the 3 rounds of shots, with the last round 5 weeks ago. I have more pain now than before the shots. I am woken more at night with pain, and have more constant pain throughout the day. The only benefit from the Euflexxa is a mild increased tolerance for kneeling.

November 9, 2011 5:31 PM

Suffering from sore knees? Assess your knee pain with our interactive tool. Click Here