User Reviews for S-adenosylmethionine

Also known as: Adomet, Natrol SAMe, SAMe

Learn more about S-adenosylmethionine.

Depression 3 reviews 75 medications

8.7
Osteoarthritis 3 reviews 348 medications

6.3
Summary of S-adenosylmethionine reviews 6 reviews 7.5

Reviews for S-adenosylmethionine

SAMe (s-adenosylmethionine) for Osteoarthritis: "It works but side effects with digestion so bad Had to stop it."

Heywood (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

SAMe (s-adenosylmethionine) for Osteoarthritis: "I like SAMe it keeps my mood even and I have arthritis and anxiety. Have had pain remission ever since starting SAMe over 8 months ago. I take it with Super B Complex which is recommended to keep homocysteine levels even . It works great as a mood elevator. Love it"

Ukie December 21, 2014

For : "SAMe works fast. I feel some relief the first day I take it. My Mom passed away and I was having trouble with depression. It takes the edge off the depression so I can function. However after a few months I started to get nerve pain. Sharp, stabbing pain (like a bee sting)in extremities-I quit the med and the pain slowly went away. It took a few weeks to be completely gone."

Buffett luvr March 31, 2014

For Depression: "I had read up on this drug before using it and multiple sources stated that it could help with depression. I was on it for about a week before I noticed any positive changes in my mood, so I can attest to its effectiveness against combating depression. The downside for this drug is that I experienced all of the "less" severe symptoms and I must say that they were pretty sever. On the second day of taking the drug I experienced dizziness to the point that I fainted in public and that very same day I had a horrible bout of nausea and vomiting. I vomited to the point that there was nothing left in my stomach and I was just vomiting bile and blood from my raw throat. This works great for depression but I'm going to use something else."

sb4270 March 27, 2014

For Depression: "I have had noticeable benefits with mood support in the years that I have been on and off of SAMe. It has helped me to be less vulnerable to depression and to better control my anxiety. I took 200 mg each morning for a few years and have now been taking 400 mg each morning for a few months now. I have not had any joint problems, but I partially attribute that to SAMe (as a preventative). I have had no side effects and my only discouraging factor was cost, as it is not covered by insurance and is expensive at many retail outlets. I found it online for a much more affordable rate and have been able to take it consistently now."

geobrad7 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2013

For Depression: "I have been depressed for almost 3 years. I feel myself fine only a couple hours a week and it feels good, so I have been making my research on fighting the disease without antidepressants, so I work out, eat right, only eat fresh nonprocessed food. I made me feel less pain, and it so delightful, but I still can not be funny, can't just have a casual talk and I cant learn, retell the content of what i just read. Today started taking S-adenosylmethionine. After taking a 2 200mg pills I ate a little and went to bed, but when I woke up I felt like I want to be doing something, I feel less tension and I hope the result will repeat tomorrow. I as well read that fixing your memory can help you fight depression. So try Vinpocetine Huperzin-a"

snakesnake February 7, 2013

SAMe (s-adenosylmethionine) for : "I have found SAMe to be superb at relieving the symptoms of depression. I live with chronic severe pain and even though my pain medicines are very effective depression was a significant part of my life until I tried SAMe. I can't take any of the tricyclic medicines - severe adverse reactions to that whole family of antidepressants but SAMe works and has no side effects at all. I just feel like me again."

Anonymous February 10, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: "During my treatment of depression and RA--it seemed all the medicines stopped working at the same time. I was taking Cymbalta. I tapered off of it and tried Pristiq which worked horribly. I stopped taking them all and researched natural remedies for depression--came across lithium orotate and SAMe. I have been taking both for a couple of months now--seems to keep me level and out of the depressed state that I was in, so for now it seems to be working."

roxdreamer2 March 9, 2010