Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Ropinirole

Also known as: Repreve, Requip, ReQuip Follow on Pack, Requip Starter Kit, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip XL

Learn more about Ropinirole.

Restless Legs Syndrome 86 reviews 16 medications

Tardive Dyskinesia 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ropinirole reviews 105 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ropinirole

Review by JanNurse (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I started Requip 1 mg at bedtime. It worked great for 3-4 months. My Dr increased the dosage so I now take 3 mg at bedtime. Again, it worked great for a few months, and then the symptoms reappeared. The Requip is better than nothing, but I was up pacing the floors when I should have been sleeping. My husband suggested acupuncture, and that has made a huge difference. I take the Requip 3 mg with 3 saltines to prevent nausea and vomiting. I have an acupuncture treatment every 2 weeks, and no problems when I go to bed.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2015 9:19 AM

Review by shepherdjory:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: Requip stopped the restless legs, but caused severe insomnia for me which defeated the purpose for taking it

March 10, 2015 2:43 AM

Review by rainysundae:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs syndrome for 20 years or so now. I have been taking Requip for almost the entire time it was diagnosed and I have a severe case. In the past few months, I have experienced some nausea, dizziness, pain and tiredness after my first dose in the morning. I did not realize this could be a side-effect of the medication. I take 4mg. 3Xday, if I did not, I would never sleep, sit through a movie or be able to focus on work. I will put up with the side-effects.

February 28, 2015 5:09 PM

Review by blake0123:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: Let me first start by saying that Requip did work very well to control my restless legs syndrome. (I have terrible uncontrollable leg movement/pain). However the side effects of the HIGHER dosage made me very sick. Approximately one hour before bedtime I had taken the pill. I began to feel extremely nauseous, excruciating stomach cramps, chills, and my head started spinning. I could barely make it to the bathroom where I immediately threw up. I found relief soon thereafter from the side effects. I continued having a mild stomach ache about 4 hours later. Requip should definitely be taken by the smaller dosage at first. Then move up gradually when you feel that the dosage isn't covering all your pains. I take Requip daily and have for 10 years for my RLS. Feel better!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2015 3:11 AM

Review by DrmzRWkd (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: It works great for Restless Legs Syndrome. I can finally sleep at night. I'm 41 and the first time I experienced RLS, I was 8. I could just do without the side effects. I'm on 2mg and I think if it was upped, my side effects would worsen. I feel sick to my stomach. I vomit at times. I've had hallucinations. It makes me feel like my blood sugar is dropping, but it's not. Just makes my body not feel right. Thinking about finding something else without these side effects.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2015 10:48 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: After taking Ropinorole I started binge eating, uncontrollable spending, Itching and various other side effects. My restless legs were controlled with 2mg but it did nothing for the same problem taking 2 x 0.5 mg of Ropinorole. I have to go back to my doctor and see what can be done.

February 12, 2015 1:12 PM

Review by Seattle housewife (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Requip (ropinirole) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: Was it Multiple Sclerosis fatigue? I thought I was stuck with awful 24/7 sleepiness and waking up as tired. Three months ago, I was relieved after 15 years by Ropinirole the very first dose after a new doc asked if anyone had ever mentioned me twitching at night. Try it. It might be your miracle too! I feel like me twenty years ago.

January 26, 2015 8:49 AM

Review by ShortyG:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: My restless legs syndrome has become really annoying in the past few months. I was on Gabapentin which seemed to help but it started to become less effective so the Dr switched to Requip. On my first night, I felt sick and had flu like symptoms. The next day I took it early and immediately felt sick and started to throw up and felt chills and then felt hot. This medicine did absolutely nothing for me besides make me sick.

January 21, 2015 10:56 PM

Review by berv (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Works very well as long as you take before onset in evenings. Only undesired side effects are it takes 1 to 2 hours before kicking in and 1 pill only works for 4 hours for me..I can only tolerate 1 pill at a time (2 mg) as I definitely regurgitate 2 at once. Even with 1 pill I get nauseated for 10 min. But not sick.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2015 7:16 PM

Review by Laura21774:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I am 34 and have had restless legs syndrome since I can remember back probably to 3 and 4 years old. I started in 2006 when it was still brand and the nausea took some getting used to but generally went away within 2 weeks or so. I stopped it after a year and was placed back on it last winter. I don't know if it's something about the generic or what but the nausea this time has been horrible, to the point I have actually vomited and have to be ready to get in bed and fall asleep before the nausea kicks in. The thing is, it WORKS. I am prescrbed 1 mg but can only really tolerate 0.5. I wonder if going back to brand will help.

January 2, 2015 2:45 AM

Review by L.T. (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Restless Legs Syndrome since I was a child...was formally diagnosed several years back. Roprinirole works well for me. Takes about an hour to "kick in" at night. My RLS starts acting up around 8:30 Eastern time....but from time to time will be present during the day, and sometimes in my left arm. A new side effect for me - three times I have taken roprinirole within an hour after eating dinner (i.e., when we eat out at a restaurant in the 8 - 9 pm time frame) and ended up throwing everything back up about 45 minutes later. I have to stay aware of the time frame between eating and taking the meds. Other than that, I couldn't sleep without this medication.

December 29, 2014 5:31 AM

Review by chevy2 (taken for 10 years or more):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I don't know what I would do without the drug requip.I reckon I never would sleep at all. I give it a 10

December 21, 2014 4:53 AM

Review by Steady Stan (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I've have an extreme case; it starts in my legs and finds it's way to the arms and everywhere else. I've spent more nights than I care to remember screaming into my pillow. Requip completely quiets the syndrome - 100%. But...then I spend the next two hours wishing I hadn't taken it, due to the endless projectile vomiting. I cannot take it, as I had developed hypophosphatemia from the vomiting. (I now take Klonopin 1 mg at bedtime, and it prevents RLS extremely well.)

December 3, 2014 9:59 PM

Review by Celticherself:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I experienced Bladder Pain with Requip. I had a constant frequent urge to urinate. This is not the most common side effect of this medicine; it is listed as "Less Common." But after taking this I did have lasting bladder pain that did not go away after I stopped taking Requip.

December 1, 2014 12:34 PM

Review by Moxley (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I've had chronic insomnia my entire life and all that changed 2 months ago when I started taking Requip. I've always been fidgetty and nervous but never knew I had RLS until a colonoscopy at 50 years old. They had to hold my legs down during the procedure. I wish I would have known about Requip years ago! It's been a God send!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2014 6:06 PM

Review by boston 58 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I started using 1 mg and now up to 3 mg for restless legs syndrome about 7 years now.

November 23, 2014 8:41 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: It worked great for a month and then the restless legs syndrome came back worse than ever and kept up all night and into the day.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2014 6:03 AM

Review by Jerky Legs:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have been on Requip for about 8 years now. My RLS is severe and I believe started as a child but became worse after childbearing. I take Requip 2-4mg at night. Guess what? I am out of town and forgot the Requip. It is 3am and I have not slept a wink. My sister has milder RLS, my grandfather had signs of it and then developed Parkinsons. I have seen signs in my daughter who is a teen and now have spoken to a cousin who also suffers. Thankfully my only side effect is sleepyness, because I do not know what I would do without my Requip.

November 8, 2014 4:50 AM

Review by WI TOO:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: My legs, from my knees down, would be twitchy and as others have said here, you just cannot sleep. I spoke to my doctor and she put me on the lowest dosage .25 mg. I have had to increase the medication and I now take two 1 mg. pills every afternoon when my legs (in my case, my knees) start acting twitchy. There are times when I have to take a third one, early evening usually. I have not had any side effects and am extremely thankful for this medication.

October 31, 2014 9:35 AM

Review by Jamiegris:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: Made me very sick at my stomach

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2014 5:45 AM

Review by Joey1245:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: This completely alleviated all of my restless leg issues. All those annoying twitches were gone with no side effects. I take 0.5mg before bed and I'm asleep in about 20-30 minutes. I think it also has a beneficial secondary effect of helping me releax and get to sleep. I've been on it for 8 years now and the therapeutic benefit is still as strong as day one.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2014 12:59 AM

Review by peglegsparrot (taken for 10 years or more):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs for years and finaly found relief with the various Parkinson's medicines. I was able to use Sinemet for several years before a rebound effect began during the day. I switched to Meripex which had been working great until I switched doctors because of insurance and the new Doctor put me on Repinirole 1mg at night. Unfortuantely, I am having restless legs during the mid day which leads me to believe it is causing rebound effect. I am wondering if others have experienced this same rebound effect. I normally do not get the restless legs nor do I have to take the meds during the day.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2014 1:21 PM

Review by voco:

Repreve (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have found this medicine gave wonderful relief from restless leg syndrome, 0.5 mg three hours before going to bed. I am experiencing waking up next morning with a headache. I don't know if it's the medication or what. I want to continue taking it for the restless leg syndrome because it does stop that.

August 20, 2014 10:43 AM

Review by peggylefev:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: Did not help enough plus terrible side effects...

August 2, 2014 10:58 AM

Review by Winkiewoo (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: It really works! Once I went from ,5 mg to 2 mg I finally got relief! If it starts earlier before 5pm, I take 1 mg, then at bedtime I take 1 mg more, if not I take 2 mg 1 hour before bedtime.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate