User Reviews for Ropinirole

Also known as: Repreve, Requip, ReQuip Follow on Pack, Requip Starter Kit, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip XL

Learn more about Ropinirole.

Restless Legs Syndrome 71 reviews 16 medications

Tardive Dyskinesia 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ropinirole reviews 89 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ropinirole

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: It worked great for a month and then the restless legs syndrome came back worse than ever and kept up all night and into the day.

November 18, 2014 6:03 AM

Review by Jerky Legs:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have been on Requip for about 8 years now. My RLS is severe and I believe started as a child but became worse after childbearing. I take Requip 2-4mg at night. Guess what? I am out of town and forgot the Requip. It is 3am and I have not slept a wink. My sister has milder RLS, my grandfather had signs of it and then developed Parkinsons. I have seen signs in my daughter who is a teen and now have spoken to a cousin who also suffers. Thankfully my only side effect is sleepyness, because I do not know what I would do without my Requip.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2014 4:50 AM

Review by WI TOO:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: My legs, from my knees down, would be twitchy and as others have said here, you just cannot sleep. I spoke to my doctor and she put me on the lowest dosage .25 mg. I have had to increase the medication and I now take two 1 mg. pills every afternoon when my legs (in my case, my knees) start acting twitchy. There are times when I have to take a third one, early evening usually. I have not had any side effects and am extremely thankful for this medication.

October 31, 2014 9:35 AM

Review by Jamiegris:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: Made me very sick at my stomach

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2014 5:45 AM

Review by Joey1245:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: This completely alleviated all of my restless leg issues. All those annoying twitches were gone with no side effects. I take 0.5mg before bed and I'm asleep in about 20-30 minutes. I think it also has a beneficial secondary effect of helping me releax and get to sleep. I've been on it for 8 years now and the therapeutic benefit is still as strong as day one.

October 24, 2014 12:59 AM

Review by peglegsparrot (taken for 10 years or more):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs for years and finaly found relief with the various Parkinson's medicines. I was able to use Sinemet for several years before a rebound effect began during the day. I switched to Meripex which had been working great until I switched doctors because of insurance and the new Doctor put me on Repinirole 1mg at night. Unfortuantely, I am having restless legs during the mid day which leads me to believe it is causing rebound effect. I am wondering if others have experienced this same rebound effect. I normally do not get the restless legs nor do I have to take the meds during the day.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2014 1:21 PM

Review by voco:

Repreve (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have found this medicine gave wonderful relief from restless leg syndrome, 0.5 mg three hours before going to bed. I am experiencing waking up next morning with a headache. I don't know if it's the medication or what. I want to continue taking it for the restless leg syndrome because it does stop that.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 10:43 AM

Review by peggylefev:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: Did not help enough plus terrible side effects...

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2014 10:58 AM

Review by Winkiewoo (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: It really works! Once I went from ,5 mg to 2 mg I finally got relief! If it starts earlier before 5pm, I take 1 mg, then at bedtime I take 1 mg more, if not I take 2 mg 1 hour before bedtime.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2014 7:24 PM

Review by WalkingTalkingDead:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: This medicine is a God send! I've SUFFERED from Restless legs syndrome for the past 15 years. On the worst nights I found myself laying on my stomach, beating my legs against the mattress, literally! My ankles just wouldn't stop twirling! I would cry & pray all night long for just a tiny moments peace, just long enough to fall asleep! Well, until this medication it never happened! I take 4MG a few hours before bedtime and my legs (and most of rest of my body) are so calm, I am asleep within 10 mins! I have also tried Mirapex, but did not get such results as with Requip. Good luck!

May 21, 2014 1:59 AM

Review by Btaylor7162:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I wasn't able to sleep hardly at all before taking this medicine, now I can sleep with no problems with my legs. So thankful

February 12, 2014 10:46 PM

Review by kc61 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: ROPRINOLE Did stop the nighttime leg cramps, but after 3 or so years I began having sudden periods of sleep during the day including while driving, so, per Doctor's instructions, I am reducing the amount of Roprinole I Take at bedtime. So far so good.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2014 8:48 AM

Review by LisaDT:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have severe restless legs syndrome and the only thing I have found that controls it is Requip. Couldn't survive without it.

January 20, 2014 9:34 PM

Review by eltell (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I am now in my 70's and have suffered restless legs all my adult life. My Doctor referred me to a neurologist 4 years ago who tried me on Ropinirole starting on a low dose of 1mg each night gradually building up to 5mg daily. It took me over a year to get over nausea and adjusting my dosage to get the desired result. I now take a 1mg tablet with each meal and 2 before bed making a total of 5mg daily and I no longer suffer from restless legs, totally gone! I have no side effects at all.

December 31, 2013 9:44 AM

Review by Angie 646:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I am on 6mg of the 24hour release ropinirole and I think I've found the solution. I take 2mg in the afternoon then 4mg an hour before bed and after living with restless legs syndrome for 45 years driving me insane for many years I actually think I may have found the solution, highly recommended.

December 20, 2013 4:40 PM

Review by Britches54:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I'm on 4 mg of ropinrole and that use to be enough but lately it is not. I was told by my Doctor not to take anymore then 4 mg per day. But I can't take it the past two days I have taken 5mgs per day does anyone esle take more then 4 mg per day

November 4, 2013 2:50 PM

Review by furrville (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: Best medicine for RLS EVER!!

October 23, 2013 9:43 AM

Review by Marcus255885:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I took Requip in 2006 and it worked great. But now in 2013 I needed it again, except this time it made everything worse.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2013 5:29 AM

Review by kakeladi:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs for over 50 years. It started when I was expecting my 1st daughter. I was told it was common in pregnant women but mine has NEVER let up - in fact has gotten worst over the years. I tried drinking quinine water until that was banned, it helped some but not much. I also 'held up the wall' with stretching exercises. I started taking ropinirole about 10 yrs on the advice of another person who called herself 'the queen of restless legs', I was given 1mg and told I should start taking 1/2 pill per day, increasing it weekly until I got 'results' - that one could take as many as 8 pills per day! Well, the 1/2 pill worked just fine for several years - I now take 1 to 2 per day depending.

August 24, 2013 6:41 PM

Review by slb1:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I took this for restless leg syndrome and I had terrible involuntary muscle spasms and leg and arm movement. I had to go to the ER. It was terrible.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2013 12:01 AM

Review by Chibbs (taken for less than 1 month):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I took this medicine for restless legs syndrome. About one week into the therapy, I started to notice my RLS was worse and started taking the medicine more often. It made everything worse, I had bad dreams, and a bad taste in my mouth in the morning. After just 3 weeks, I was no longer taking the medicine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2013 7:10 PM

Review by Bev70 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: My Restless Legs Syndrome developed after a back injury, where I was diagnosed with 3 bulging disks and degenerative disk disease. About 12 years ago. At first it was only occasional and popping my back would sometimes help. The last 3 years it developed into an every night hell. The last 6 months I've been on ropinirole 3mg (worked up to the 3mg) and it was working perfectly! But the last month or so I have started getting RLS during the day. I'm considering asking my Dr to increase my dose to 4mg to see if that will keep it at bay. Weather I do or not I will keep taking it every night because I would rather have RLS during the day when I can walk around, then when I'm trying to sleep at night.

May 26, 2013 5:58 PM

Review by Dot/oz:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs syndrome for 5 years. I started Requip at 1mg now I am taking 2.5mg. I have had morning sickness everyday. Nothing else works. I am hoping the path will work. I am willing to try anything.

February 22, 2013 3:28 PM

Review by maceykay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: All night long one night my legs kept jumping up in the air till I couldn't sleep at keeping my husband up. So I got on Requip 0.25mg take 2 at bed time and I slept all night long, without jumping legs and if I had them I didn't know of them. So far as sleep it helps me also. This is the best thing for me and my legs.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2013 10:17 PM

Review by Sleepless in Dallas (taken for 10 years or more):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs syndrome for 30 years that I can remember. I have been on Requip for 15 years. Before it was approved for RLS. I was in a clinical trial for it then was able to get a script for it as it was approved for Parkinson's. RLS treatment varies on intensity of it. It only gets worse. I am up do 4 mg a day. The combination of what works is a moving target. I have tried it all. Requip is no longer helping me as it was. Once RLS starts I am screwed in to a night of living hell. I take Ambien to help but that is no longer helping.

February 16, 2013 11:47 PM