User Reviews for Ropinirole

Also known as: Repreve, Requip, ReQuip Follow on Pack, Requip Starter Kit, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip XL

Learn more about Ropinirole.

Restless Legs Syndrome 97 reviews 15 medications

Parkinson's Disease 9 reviews 49 medications

5.8
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 11 reviews 13 medications

3.6
Tardive Dyskinesia 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ropinirole reviews 117 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Ropinirole

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have severe RLS and have slept on the floor for 25 years because the hardness of the floor against the muscles in my legs give a some relief. I have been on Requip for about 4 months and take 2 mg about 1.5 hours before bed. The effectiveness is hit or miss. On a good night I fall asleep in about 30 minutes but wake up 3 to 5 hours later and toss and turn until the alarm goes off. On a bad night, I get about 2 hours of fitfull sleep and then my legs ACHE for the rest of the night. Requip causes my legs to swell and I have had to increase my blood pressure meds. Also it has given me some very interesting dreams. All in all it is better than nothing because nothing means NO sleep ever. I wish my Doc would give me something else."

H. Jeff July 28, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "I was given this med for RLS/PLM. This medication kept me up most of the night with a bucket to vomit into. Hummm.... Which to chose, RLS/PLM vs Severe nausea/ Vomiting? "

Jai Croft-Smyth (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "So far so good. I have mild RLS compared to others I think. For a long time I didn't know what I had and the doctor thought at first it was neuropathy in my feet. Tried some other meds for that (Cymbalta, Amitriptyline) both did not help with some side effects. I started the Requip at one pill .25mg for 2 days and it seemed to work well but with some pain still. Last night I increased to 2 pills at bedtime and pain pretty much gone. My doctor said to increase dose if I need more relief up to max of 2mg after appropriate waiting time. No side effects so far."

David BW (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Works well for my rls but symptoms started earlier in the day so I take 1 mg around 3 pm.and 1 mg at night. The problem is that after I take it, I feel depressed and restless. I haven't read about this side effect for anyone else. I am seeing a neurologist in August and plan to ask for a different medication."

Cath 1966 July 16, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I'm 34 and have had restless legs since I was a child. It's the most irritating thing. I do not get a good night's because of it and I practically always wake up in a bad mood. My doctor prescribed requip (generic) and was specific to tell me to gradually up the dose. I started with .25 mg last night and will again tonight, then .50 for the next week and another slight increase. I'm hoping that's what will help me avoid the sickness. Because once I read some of the reviews, I was pretty scared to take it. So...I took it last night and I slept better than I have in a long time. I could literally feel my body relax and I barely moved all night, which never happens! I woke up in a good mood, well rested and not groggy! I'm so thrilled!"

happylegs (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "The very first night I started Requip, I vomited violently all night."

Rls in Ky July 2, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've been taking Requip for the past couple of months. I had no problems with it, mine where an orange color (presumably because it was the generic brand) my legs stopped twitching and I could sleep! Though just recently, or in the past month the pills color changed from Orange to blue. Now I have no idea why it was make a difference but I started getting extremely sick after taking it. I made sure it was the Requip making me sick by taking it separately from my other medication. I had no clue how I could get suddenly sick from a medicine I've been taking for a good while except for the color change..."

Ra'syel June 25, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Ropinerol works for my jumpy legs, but I had to start taking it earlier and earlier. Now believe me side effects are real. I became reckless with money - my credit score dropped from 700s to 500s. I started to gamble so bad I would gather all the change in the house just to be able to play the slots. I would gamble instead of paying the mortgage."

KICKIN LEGS (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 13, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This drug works 100% for me but I am finding I need a dose in the late afternoon and can't seem to get an answer from my MD about additional dosing."

Velvet&Muffin May 3, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This medicine has worked great for me and been a lifesaver. I have absolutely no side effects from it and only need to take it with the onset of my symptoms. It usually works in a half hour for me. I used to only get RLS every couple of months. Then I started getting it about 4 times a week. Gabapentin did not really work for me but this works great. I would recommend it!"

LADYZZZ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 12, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This was a god send. After suffering from RLS for years I was only sleeping for a couple hrs a night. No matter how exhausted I was. The first night of starting ropinirole I actually managed 6hrs of sleep. It felt amazing. I was actually on the brink of committing suicide. I couldn't function during the day. Lost all joy in my life. Thank goodness for this drug. Have been on it for almost 10 yrs. Any side effects have been minor."

hippiemoon53 April 9, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for about 9 years and finally decided to try medication. I took 2 mg of Ropinirole about an hour before my regular bedtime. I ended up falling asleep on the couch about 30 minutes after taking the pill. When I tried to get up to go to bed, I was nauseous, dizzy and having cold sweats. I felt so sick. I was up much of the night with those same symptoms. It was awful. It is now the next day and I am still not feeling completely well. Needless to say, I will not be taking Ropinirole again!"

DianeMDM April 6, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I started Requip 1 mg at bedtime. It worked great for 3-4 months. My Dr increased the dosage so I now take 3 mg at bedtime. Again, it worked great for a few months, and then the symptoms reappeared. The Requip is better than nothing, but I was up pacing the floors when I should have been sleeping. My husband suggested acupuncture, and that has made a huge difference. I take the Requip 3 mg with 3 saltines to prevent nausea and vomiting. I have an acupuncture treatment every 2 weeks, and no problems when I go to bed."

JanNurse (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Requip stopped the restless legs, but caused severe insomnia for me which defeated the purpose for taking it"

shepherdjory March 10, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had restless legs syndrome for 20 years or so now. I have been taking Requip for almost the entire time it was diagnosed and I have a severe case. In the past few months, I have experienced some nausea, dizziness, pain and tiredness after my first dose in the morning. I did not realize this could be a side-effect of the medication. I take 4mg. 3Xday, if I did not, I would never sleep, sit through a movie or be able to focus on work. I will put up with the side-effects."

rainysundae February 28, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Let me first start by saying that Requip did work very well to control my restless legs syndrome. (I have terrible uncontrollable leg movement/pain). However the side effects of the HIGHER dosage made me very sick. Approximately one hour before bedtime I had taken the pill. I began to feel extremely nauseous, excruciating stomach cramps, chills, and my head started spinning. I could barely make it to the bathroom where I immediately threw up. I found relief soon thereafter from the side effects. I continued having a mild stomach ache about 4 hours later. Requip should definitely be taken by the smaller dosage at first. Then move up gradually when you feel that the dosage isn't covering all your pains. I take Requip daily and have for 10 years for my RLS. Feel better!"

blake0123 February 21, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "It works great for Restless Legs Syndrome. I can finally sleep at night. I'm 41 and the first time I experienced RLS, I was 8. I could just do without the side effects. I'm on 2mg and I think if it was upped, my side effects would worsen. I feel sick to my stomach. I vomit at times. I've had hallucinations. It makes me feel like my blood sugar is dropping, but it's not. Just makes my body not feel right. Thinking about finding something else without these side effects."

DrmzRWkd (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "After taking Ropinorole I started binge eating, uncontrollable spending, Itching and various other side effects. My restless legs were controlled with 2mg but it did nothing for the same problem taking 2 x 0.5 mg of Ropinorole. I have to go back to my doctor and see what can be done."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "Was it Multiple Sclerosis fatigue? I thought I was stuck with awful 24/7 sleepiness and waking up as tired. Three months ago, I was relieved after 15 years by Ropinirole the very first dose after a new doc asked if anyone had ever mentioned me twitching at night. Try it. It might be your miracle too! I feel like me twenty years ago."

Seattle housewife (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "My restless legs syndrome has become really annoying in the past few months. I was on Gabapentin which seemed to help but it started to become less effective so the Dr switched to Requip. On my first night, I felt sick and had flu like symptoms. The next day I took it early and immediately felt sick and started to throw up and felt chills and then felt hot. This medicine did absolutely nothing for me besides make me sick."

ShortyG January 21, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Works very well as long as you take before onset in evenings. Only undesired side effects are it takes 1 to 2 hours before kicking in and 1 pill only works for 4 hours for me..I can only tolerate 1 pill at a time (2 mg) as I definitely regurgitate 2 at once. Even with 1 pill I get nauseated for 10 min. But not sick."

berv (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 19, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I am 34 and have had restless legs syndrome since I can remember back probably to 3 and 4 years old. I started in 2006 when it was still brand and the nausea took some getting used to but generally went away within 2 weeks or so. I stopped it after a year and was placed back on it last winter. I don't know if it's something about the generic or what but the nausea this time has been horrible, to the point I have actually vomited and have to be ready to get in bed and fall asleep before the nausea kicks in. The thing is, it WORKS. I am prescrbed 1 mg but can only really tolerate 0.5. I wonder if going back to brand will help."

Laura21774 January 2, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Restless Legs Syndrome since I was a child...was formally diagnosed several years back. Roprinirole works well for me. Takes about an hour to "kick in" at night. My RLS starts acting up around 8:30 Eastern time....but from time to time will be present during the day, and sometimes in my left arm. A new side effect for me - three times I have taken roprinirole within an hour after eating dinner (i.e., when we eat out at a restaurant in the 8 - 9 pm time frame) and ended up throwing everything back up about 45 minutes later. I have to stay aware of the time frame between eating and taking the meds. Other than that, I couldn't sleep without this medication."

L.T. (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2014

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I don't know what I would do without the drug requip.I reckon I never would sleep at all. I give it a 10"

chevy2 (taken for 10 years or more) December 21, 2014

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've have an extreme case; it starts in my legs and finds it's way to the arms and everywhere else. I've spent more nights than I care to remember screaming into my pillow. Requip completely quiets the syndrome - 100%. But...then I spend the next two hours wishing I hadn't taken it, due to the endless projectile vomiting. I cannot take it, as I had developed hypophosphatemia from the vomiting. (I now take Klonopin 1 mg at bedtime, and it prevents RLS extremely well.)"

Steady Stan (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2014