User Reviews for Ropinirole

Also known as: Repreve, Requip, ReQuip Follow on Pack, Requip Starter Kit, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip XL

Learn more about Ropinirole.

Restless Legs Syndrome 131 reviews 15 medications

6.9
Parkinson's Disease 9 reviews 48 medications

5.8
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 11 reviews 13 medications

3.6
Summary of Ropinirole reviews 151 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Ropinirole

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Honestly, I think this has made my symptoms worse."

Vamah May 24, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have found out that I cannot take Repreve before dinner because if I do I feel terrible, faint, hot, sweaty which leads to vomiting. Apart from this I find there's a short time frame between taking the medication and it working and/or not working and suffering for 3-4 hours in unbearable pain where I cannot sit still or find any releaf. I sleep well when it works however I have noticed my RLS starts up again around 8:30 am ish and again I get no releaf and its that bad that I cannot focus on anything else and its all consuming. I'd love a fix for this. (To be confined next entry.)"

Pretoria May 16, 2016

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I had been on generic ropinirole for months and because it was so effective I tolerated severe nausea, nasal congestion, hiccups and flushing because I was desperate to sleep. When I talked to my neuro he had me switch to name brand based on side effects and it was so bizarre. The drug works great and with zero side effects. He said the dosing range that generics are allowed to meet is much too large for some of the neurology drugs and because pharmacy plans frequently switch which generic manufacturer they use it is impossible to avoid dosage problems as well. The issue for me was also one of side effects from additives that were not in brand Requip but were in the generic. Hope this helps someone."

daisygirlfp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Knew I had SOMETHING wrong with me, didn't know for the longest time that it was RLS! Dr tried 1 or 2 other pills, worked for a minute, then stopped! Started Requip, some years ago, there was a side effect adjustment to be sure! I discovered that the "3 hours before bed time" was too long for me, and then once I took a pill, could not eat or drink, not even water or I would throw up, now I take a pill (4 MG) every night Immediately before I get into bed and per sleep studies, I have gone from 39 leg movements per hour to Zero! And help me if I don't take a pill before bed, there will be NO sleep if that happens! I always carry some in my purse in case I get stuck somewhere and need to spend the night!!! Thanks Requip!"

BARuss April 19, 2016

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I am 44 and started taking Requip 1 mg on 4/06/2016 and it has been absolutely wonderful. My quality of life was so poor prior to this and wasn't getting but 2 hours of sleep a night...if that. I call it my miracle drug. I haven't had any side effects. The Doctor put me on it because I have a sleep study coming up and the last time I went to the sleep study, I didn't sleep. I was surprised that it worked for me the first night I took it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Started last year. I've had RLS since I was a child. But the older I've gotten it has gotten worse. To top it off I now have lesions on the brain so it makes it 10x worse. Started with low dose but I've had to up the dose. Here lately I take 2 then try to lay down after an 1hr when it kicks in 10mins I start twitching then have to take another. I'm learning no caffeine 2 hours before I take meds. I've been lucky no side effects but doc told me I was the worse case of PLMD/RLS he has ever seen. He said I had little or no Dopamine in my body. That maybe why I don't suffer the side effects like everyone else. No compulsions to gamble. No sickness. I fear I am building up a tolerance to this medicine."

Elizabetta Bathory April 9, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I can't remember a time that I didn't have RLS, I finally went to the doctor when it got so bad that I couldn't sleep at night. I tried every home remedy and no relief. I've been on 2 mg for several years. My friends tell me I'm a different person since taking ropinirol. I'm not grumpy anymore in the morning, thanks to SLEEP. I can't nap ever because of rls so I really need my sleep at night. I take the pill at 830 and have zero side affects."

LAG Mi March 23, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Absolutely terrible! Have had RLS for years now probably since I was 16. It has gotten worse this past year so I asked my doctor to help. He put me on this medication at 1mg and told me to take half a pill for 2 weeks. First night I took it 20 minutes after meal. Not even 10 minutes later I was tired but getting extremely nauseated. Ended up on the bathroom floor vomiting, cold sweats, shaking, and in and out of consciousness intill I finally came to at 2 in the morning and was having heart palpitations with a puls at 120. Went straight to the ER and even their strongest nausea medication did not help. Both me and my fiance missed work for 2 days because he had to take care of me. I felt like I was dieing."

Gdjslsjdhurbf March 21, 2016

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Been on requip for about a month now, I know when I forget to take it. I sleep soundly and have no side effects. I waited years before asking my doctor for help! What was I thinking?!? My insomnia is all but gone as well! Ty requip!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Having had severe bouts of RLS going back as far as 1995, I was finally put on Ropinirol approx 1yr ago by my Primary Doctor. He started me off on .25 mg. Over the past months I have gone to 1 mg. I have experienced no Restless Leg for the last month. Unbelievable! What's more, no side effects! Even better! I have leveled off at 1 mg and I am totally grateful for the results!"

Montanau (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 2, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Works well for RLS, but I have been having increasing anxiety issues, and sleep problems, not taken it for 2 days and already feel so much better, I have just been put on Topamax for migraines that has also been shown effective for RLS and so far no return of symptoms, just feeling better!"

Anxiouslaura (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking 1 mg roperinol for aprox..9 months,it works great for me,I haven't had any side effects at all to which I am thankful because getting interrupted sleep is very unhealthy all around (mind,body,spirit) so I will continue to use this medication to get my 7 hrs a night of uninterrupted sleep! Thanks, sincerely stevensnana,Oklahoma"

Stevensnana February 19, 2016

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "After years of suffering with RLS, and two especially bad nights, I finally went to the doctor and he prescribed Requip. Last night was my first night taking it and it did work. It made me extremely nauseated and gave me a massive headache, and I woke up every couple of hours. The third time I woke up, I took a diphenhydramine sleeping pill. That is important to know because generally a sleeping pill would send the RLS through the roof, affecting even my arms. No RLS symptoms after I took the sleeping pill. My head still hurts and I'm still a little nauseated, but my legs are not bothering me. Since it did cause a massive headache, I will try using it only when the RLS is active, and see if that works better for me."

Texas Lady (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have been on this medication for 2 months now. I take 1 pill an hour before bed and have found it to be non- effective. I still have leg AND arm issues every night. I also cannot ride distances in the car or sit to watch a movie in a theater. Such an irritating issue."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for many years. I started out taking Mirapex and it worked for a while but then stopped being effective. I went a year with nothing. I would pace the floors all hours of the night. I thought I was the only one that experienced it in my upper extremities until reading some of these blogs. It gets really bad in my arms shoulders and neck. I work for a pain Dr and talked with her about my symptoms. She started me on Volteren gel which is amazing but I end up putting it on my entire body making me feel sticky and using so much that I was getting 10 huge tubes a month. About a week ago I started on 1 mg of requip. It has helped but I feel like I need a higher dose. Experienced nausea once."

Frankie4 January 31, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have been taking ropininrole for probably 10 years and could not exist without it. If I forget to take it, I panic because I know my legs will start their crawling dance. As for the side affects that I read about, I have been extremely lucky to have dodged any. I shudder to even imagine this drug being taken off the market."

khsanfo (taken for 10 years or more) January 28, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This drug should be taken off the market. How come there is no mention of the gambling side effect, the bizarre dreams, the hypersexuallity? Most people would "poo poo" such outrageous side effects, but it is real!. My husband is a pharmacist. If they can fall prey to this drug, how can an average person understand this? The drug manufacturer put these side effects in the smallest of small print on their drug fact sheet. It should be highlighted as real and devastating side effects. I accidently discovered these side effects and took the ropinirole away. I also discovered that a no wheat diet solved the RLS. The effect was immediately. Tracked for 3 weeks."

Ruined Pharmacist January 19, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking ropinirole since April and while it works well to relieve my RLS symptoms, it still makes me sick about 50% of the time. The first night I took the whole 1 mg pill and became violently ill. Cold sweats; nausea; vomiting. I then started cutting the pill in half, making sure I ate a piece of bread with it and waiting until at least 2 hours after I had taken my nightly (necessary) melatonin and sleep aid capsule. That seemed to work, but I soon found out it was hit or miss. I have been awakened several times now, sometimes within an hour, sometimes a full 5 or 6 hours after taking it, with shaking, sweating and horrible nausea. So now I only take it when I am absolutely positive the RLS is going to be relentless."

KRL724 January 7, 2016

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS since I was 14. I am now 42. RLS is a miserable existence. An annoyance beyond belief. I have gone with no sleep for 3 days at a time more than once because of my legs, or legs and arms, or even knees and a shoulder joining in to laugh at me. I have been on Mirapex most of my adult life at 1 mg being told I could take 2 on bad nights and it worked most nights, but most of my adult life I have taken Mirapex 1 mg, gabapentin 300 mg, trazadone 50 mg, and 1Tylenol #3 Every night.....just to go to sleep. And it took all of that just to go to sleep. A doctor might look at you like your nuts if you ask for all that but I'm telling you it will work. I moved and my new Dr decided to take my Mirapex away and try me on requip.. Fail.."

Restlesslegisakiller December 31, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have been taking Requip for 6 months. You have to be careful not to exceed recommended dosage and keep it as low as possible. It will or won't work for you, don't get impatient and take more shortly after first dose. I am lucky in that I do not get the vomiting/stomach issues. But you can almost time it to the minute, I start to cough, my nose feels like it is swollen inside and no air can get thru. Draining in to the throat makes the cough much worse. 2 1/2 to 3 hrs later-all better. Higher doses ( 2mg) make it much worse. However it still beats RLS without a doubt!!"

Sneeze & Weeze December 25, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "After being on high doses of Percocet for over two months due to kidney issues, I quit my pain meds cold turkey. My RLS went from irritating restless legs to insanity causing restless body. Opiate detox can apparently cause RLS to greatly intensify if you cold turkey off your pain meds. My requip now does absolutely nothing for me. It was hard enough remembering to take one dose at 5pm and a second dose a hour before bed to begin with, now that it's stopped working I've reverted back to taking pain meds at night just to help the RLS. Unfortunately pain meds don't help me sleep, but at least I can lay still and stare at the ceiling."

Who knew December 23, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "No more restless leg syndrome"

Bigbuds December 22, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was taking amitriptaline for years, but started losing memory, then I started losing time. With alzheimer's strong in family history, I had to make a change to my medication. I tried horizant, 300mg for a while, then bumped up the mg to 600/night. It still wasn't helping. My legs got worse & worse. I was taking benedryl just to sleep & some times even that didn't work. Fed up of crying & writhing in pain, I called my Dr who put me back on requip. 3mg to start. It was terrible! ! Incredible nausea, vomiting, sweats, syncope.... worst night of my life! I thought I was going to die! ! Luckily, my fiance is a medical assistant, otherwise....I probably wouldn't be able to write this."

Nicole L. December 5, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I wish I had better news but I took this in low doses initially and did ok though my RLS still plaqued me Once I titrated to 100 mg my legs were OK but I became violently ill Id vomit one hr after taking requip I tried going to a lower dose but I guess I developed a sensitivity and either vomited or felt incredibly nauseated all day"

Thesuz53 (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have tried several different medications over the past years. Some work at first, but later stop. Some have horrible side effects or just are not effective. I have found that requip extended release works nearly all the time for me. I have to set a reminder on my phone and take it (2mg) at 4:15pm. Regular (not ext release) requip made me nauseous."

Sjcarr (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2015