User Reviews for Ropinirole

Also known as: Repreve, Requip, ReQuip Follow on Pack, Requip Starter Kit, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip XL

Learn more about Ropinirole.

Restless Legs Syndrome 118 reviews 15 medications

6.8
Parkinson's Disease 9 reviews 48 medications

5.8
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 11 reviews 13 medications

3.6
Summary of Ropinirole reviews 138 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Ropinirole

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have been on this medication for 2 months now. I take 1 pill an hour before bed and have found it to be non- effective. I still have leg AND arm issues every night. I also cannot ride distances in the car or sit to watch a movie in a theater. Such an irritating issue."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for many years. I started out taking Mirapex and it worked for a while but then stopped being effective. I went a year with nothing. I would pace the floors all hours of the night. I thought I was the only one that experienced it in my upper extremities until reading some of these blogs. It gets really bad in my arms shoulders and neck. I work for a pain Dr and talked with her about my symptoms. She started me on Volteren gel which is amazing but I end up putting it on my entire body making me feel sticky and using so much that I was getting 10 huge tubes a month. About a week ago I started on 1 mg of requip. It has helped but I feel like I need a higher dose. Experienced nausea once."

Frankie4 January 31, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have been taking ropininrole for probably 10 years and could not exist without it. If I forget to take it, I panic because I know my legs will start their crawling dance. As for the side affects that I read about, I have been extremely lucky to have dodged any. I shudder to even imagine this drug being taken off the market."

khsanfo (taken for 10 years or more) January 28, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This drug should be taken off the market. How come there is no mention of the gambling side effect, the bizarre dreams, the hypersexuallity? Most people would "poo poo" such outrageous side effects, but it is real!. My husband is a pharmacist. If they can fall prey to this drug, how can an average person understand this? The drug manufacturer put these side effects in the smallest of small print on their drug fact sheet. It should be highlighted as real and devastating side effects. I accidently discovered these side effects and took the ropinirole away. I also discovered that a no wheat diet solved the RLS. The effect was immediately. Tracked for 3 weeks."

Ruined Pharmacist January 19, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking ropinirole since April and while it works well to relieve my RLS symptoms, it still makes me sick about 50% of the time. The first night I took the whole 1 mg pill and became violently ill. Cold sweats; nausea; vomiting. I then started cutting the pill in half, making sure I ate a piece of bread with it and waiting until at least 2 hours after I had taken my nightly (necessary) melatonin and sleep aid capsule. That seemed to work, but I soon found out it was hit or miss. I have been awakened several times now, sometimes within an hour, sometimes a full 5 or 6 hours after taking it, with shaking, sweating and horrible nausea. So now I only take it when I am absolutely positive the RLS is going to be relentless."

KRL724 January 7, 2016

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS since I was 14. I am now 42. RLS is a miserable existence. An annoyance beyond belief. I have gone with no sleep for 3 days at a time more than once because of my legs, or legs and arms, or even knees and a shoulder joining in to laugh at me. I have been on Mirapex most of my adult life at 1 mg being told I could take 2 on bad nights and it worked most nights, but most of my adult life I have taken Mirapex 1 mg, gabapentin 300 mg, trazadone 50 mg, and 1Tylenol #3 Every night.....just to go to sleep. And it took all of that just to go to sleep. A doctor might look at you like your nuts if you ask for all that but I'm telling you it will work. I moved and my new Dr decided to take my Mirapex away and try me on requip.. Fail.."

Restlesslegisakiller December 31, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have been taking Requip for 6 months. You have to be careful not to exceed recommended dosage and keep it as low as possible. It will or won't work for you, don't get impatient and take more shortly after first dose. I am lucky in that I do not get the vomiting/stomach issues. But you can almost time it to the minute, I start to cough, my nose feels like it is swollen inside and no air can get thru. Draining in to the throat makes the cough much worse. 2 1/2 to 3 hrs later-all better. Higher doses ( 2mg) make it much worse. However it still beats RLS without a doubt!!"

Sneeze & Weeze December 25, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "After being on high doses of Percocet for over two months due to kidney issues, I quit my pain meds cold turkey. My RLS went from irritating restless legs to insanity causing restless body. Opiate detox can apparently cause RLS to greatly intensify if you cold turkey off your pain meds. My requip now does absolutely nothing for me. It was hard enough remembering to take one dose at 5pm and a second dose a hour before bed to begin with, now that it's stopped working I've reverted back to taking pain meds at night just to help the RLS. Unfortunately pain meds don't help me sleep, but at least I can lay still and stare at the ceiling."

Who knew December 23, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "No more restless leg syndrome"

Bigbuds December 22, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was taking amitriptaline for years, but started losing memory, then I started losing time. With alzheimer's strong in family history, I had to make a change to my medication. I tried horizant, 300mg for a while, then bumped up the mg to 600/night. It still wasn't helping. My legs got worse & worse. I was taking benedryl just to sleep & some times even that didn't work. Fed up of crying & writhing in pain, I called my Dr who put me back on requip. 3mg to start. It was terrible! ! Incredible nausea, vomiting, sweats, syncope.... worst night of my life! I thought I was going to die! ! Luckily, my fiance is a medical assistant, otherwise....I probably wouldn't be able to write this."

Nicole L. December 5, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I wish I had better news but I took this in low doses initially and did ok though my RLS still plaqued me Once I titrated to 100 mg my legs were OK but I became violently ill Id vomit one hr after taking requip I tried going to a lower dose but I guess I developed a sensitivity and either vomited or felt incredibly nauseated all day"

Thesuz53 (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have tried several different medications over the past years. Some work at first, but later stop. Some have horrible side effects or just are not effective. I have found that requip extended release works nearly all the time for me. I have to set a reminder on my phone and take it (2mg) at 4:15pm. Regular (not ext release) requip made me nauseous."

Sjcarr (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Requip was life changing for a year! But like others have commented, my RLS has been getting a lot worse. I have discovered that this is a rather common side effect of this drug. Before requip I used to have 3-4 bad nights a week. Now if I don't have access to the medication I don't sleep at all, and the medication is working less and less. I don't know if it has been worth it."

MoMilla (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Was on Clonazepam 1 mg as needed. Doctor found out that it causes Alzheimer and dementia so they took me off it. I tried Requip but it made me feel crappy. When I stood still I felt like I was going to fall, I completely lost my appetite, and other things."

msteeq1979 November 3, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "If I could I could do it over, I would have never started taking ropinirole almost 3 years ago.I've had lifelong RLS. It began to really disrupt my sleep a few years ago. My doctor gave me a prescription to relieve the severity of my symptoms. I began to sleep at night, and my legs were not jumping all day. However, the negative side affects creep up on you over time; they are even worse when coupled with existing depression, bi-polar, anxiety, PTSD, and other mood issues. I have gained at least 30 lbs in the last 3 years (and I exercise EVERY DAY). Plus, when I run out of pills, and I can't get a refill in time, that means I CANNOT SLEEP. My new doc is helping me get off of ropinirole for good."

euphorikjen (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 23, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS since I was a child (now am 38). Was on Clonazepam 1 mg as needed. Switched sleep doctors and am now under the care of a neurologist who recommended Requip. I started at 0.5mg and am now at 1.5mg. I have to take it earlier and earlier because the RLS is so bad. As I type this at 4:30 in the afternoon, I am ready to go get a saw and start cutting off at the knees! I think I am going to go back on the Clonazepam. This is miserable."

Ready to get a saw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Was put on this to help me sleep with my restless leg syndrome it works fairly well, but there's another drug I want to take, that I shouldn't take with it. so I am looking for a replacement drug"

stormy699 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Began taking ropinirole .5mg in 2010. 1mg in 2012 and 2mg in 2014. Worked REALLY well. Began causes side effects such as agitation, anxiety, and worsening restless leg syndrome. Took it at 11pm before bed, started having symptoms again at 8am. Can't sleep without it though. Ugh."

Shelbay (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 5, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've been taking ropinirolle for about 10 years now. It seems to help very much with drug. HOWEVER, do not take more the is prescribed. I usually take 3 tabs per day, but at that time my legs were twitching so bad I decided to add 3 more to cut the twitching, it worked. but there is a gambling addition I picked up, I lost 60k in life savings , 60 in my personal accounts, and finally, I cashed in on my 401 pension. Anyone have the Same problem. I looked at the out of pocket if I didn't have insurance, it would cost me 850.00, which is outrageous!!!!"

Mr. Thomas October 3, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Initially medication was very helpful, but the longer I'm on it the less it helps. Now experiencing more day time sleepiness and I'm not able to stay asleep at night. Some nights it seems to help a lot, and then other nights nothing it doesn't seem to help at all. Getting harder and harder to rest and feel rested. Going to my doctor within the next 2 weeks to discuss different medication. RLS is very frustrating."

Stonehaven57 October 2, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been on Reqip for about 6 years and have a severe case of RLS. My legs spasms have worn out many sheets. I would have to say I have a love/hate relationship with requip. I take 5mg tablet 1 hour before bed. Almost like clock work 22 to 25 mins later I feel miserable with a constant feeling of the need to puke but I don't. I have always had insomnia which got worse on requip. I have been able to address the insomnia with trazadone and it works well. I have read others post and I think I am going to talk with my doctor about spreading it out in 3 different times to take it. In the past 6 months I have begun to have twitching in my arms, shoulders and wrists."

PhantomF4Driver (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have severe RLS and have slept on the floor for 25 years because the hardness of the floor against the muscles in my legs give a some relief. I have been on Requip for about 4 months and take 2 mg about 1.5 hours before bed. The effectiveness is hit or miss. On a good night I fall asleep in about 30 minutes but wake up 3 to 5 hours later and toss and turn until the alarm goes off. On a bad night, I get about 2 hours of fitfull sleep and then my legs ACHE for the rest of the night. Requip causes my legs to swell and I have had to increase my blood pressure meds. Also it has given me some very interesting dreams. All in all it is better than nothing because nothing means NO sleep ever. I wish my Doc would give me something else."

H. Jeff July 28, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "I was given this med for RLS/PLM. This medication kept me up most of the night with a bucket to vomit into. Hummm.... Which to chose, RLS/PLM vs Severe nausea/ Vomiting? "

Jai Croft-Smyth (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "So far so good. I have mild RLS compared to others I think. For a long time I didn't know what I had and the doctor thought at first it was neuropathy in my feet. Tried some other meds for that (Cymbalta, Amitriptyline) both did not help with some side effects. I started the Requip at one pill .25mg for 2 days and it seemed to work well but with some pain still. Last night I increased to 2 pills at bedtime and pain pretty much gone. My doctor said to increase dose if I need more relief up to max of 2mg after appropriate waiting time. No side effects so far."

David BW (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Works well for my rls but symptoms started earlier in the day so I take 1 mg around 3 pm.and 1 mg at night. The problem is that after I take it, I feel depressed and restless. I haven't read about this side effect for anyone else. I am seeing a neurologist in August and plan to ask for a different medication."

Cath 1966 July 16, 2015