User Reviews for Ropinirole

Also known as: Repreve, Requip, ReQuip Follow on Pack, Requip Starter Kit, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip XL

Learn more about Ropinirole.

Restless Legs Syndrome 63 reviews 16 medications

Tardive Dyskinesia 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ropinirole reviews 81 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ropinirole

Review by Winkiewoo (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: It really works! Once I went from ,5 mg to 2 mg I finally got relief! If it starts earlier before 5pm, I take 1 mg, then at bedtime I take 1 mg more, if not I take 2 mg 1 hour before bedtime.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2014 7:24 PM

Review by WalkingTalkingDead:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: This medicine is a God send! I've SUFFERED from Restless legs syndrome for the past 15 years. On the worst nights I found myself laying on my stomach, beating my legs against the mattress, literally! My ankles just wouldn't stop twirling! I would cry & pray all night long for just a tiny moments peace, just long enough to fall asleep! Well, until this medication it never happened! I take 4MG a few hours before bedtime and my legs (and most of rest of my body) are so calm, I am asleep within 10 mins! I have also tried Mirapex, but did not get such results as with Requip. Good luck!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 21, 2014 1:59 AM

Review by Btaylor7162:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I wasn't able to sleep hardly at all before taking this medicine, now I can sleep with no problems with my legs. So thankful

February 12, 2014 10:46 PM

Review by kc61 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: ROPRINOLE Did stop the nighttime leg cramps, but after 3 or so years I began having sudden periods of sleep during the day including while driving, so, per Doctor's instructions, I am reducing the amount of Roprinole I Take at bedtime. So far so good.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2014 8:48 AM

Review by LisaDT:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have severe restless legs syndrome and the only thing I have found that controls it is Requip. Couldn't survive without it.

January 20, 2014 9:34 PM

Review by eltell (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I am now in my 70's and have suffered restless legs all my adult life. My Doctor referred me to a neurologist 4 years ago who tried me on Ropinirole starting on a low dose of 1mg each night gradually building up to 5mg daily. It took me over a year to get over nausea and adjusting my dosage to get the desired result. I now take a 1mg tablet with each meal and 2 before bed making a total of 5mg daily and I no longer suffer from restless legs, totally gone! I have no side effects at all.

December 31, 2013 9:44 AM

Review by Angie 646:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I am on 6mg of the 24hour release ropinirole and I think I've found the solution. I take 2mg in the afternoon then 4mg an hour before bed and after living with restless legs syndrome for 45 years driving me insane for many years I actually think I may have found the solution, highly recommended.

December 20, 2013 4:40 PM

Review by Britches54:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I'm on 4 mg of ropinrole and that use to be enough but lately it is not. I was told by my Doctor not to take anymore then 4 mg per day. But I can't take it the past two days I have taken 5mgs per day does anyone esle take more then 4 mg per day

November 4, 2013 2:50 PM

Review by furrville (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: Best medicine for RLS EVER!!

October 23, 2013 9:43 AM

Review by Marcus255885:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I took Requip in 2006 and it worked great. But now in 2013 I needed it again, except this time it made everything worse.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2013 5:29 AM

Review by kakeladi:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs for over 50 years. It started when I was expecting my 1st daughter. I was told it was common in pregnant women but mine has NEVER let up - in fact has gotten worst over the years. I tried drinking quinine water until that was banned, it helped some but not much. I also 'held up the wall' with stretching exercises. I started taking ropinirole about 10 yrs on the advice of another person who called herself 'the queen of restless legs', I was given 1mg and told I should start taking 1/2 pill per day, increasing it weekly until I got 'results' - that one could take as many as 8 pills per day! Well, the 1/2 pill worked just fine for several years - I now take 1 to 2 per day depending.

August 24, 2013 6:41 PM

Review by slb1:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I took this for restless leg syndrome and I had terrible involuntary muscle spasms and leg and arm movement. I had to go to the ER. It was terrible.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2013 12:01 AM

Review by Chibbs (taken for less than 1 month):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I took this medicine for restless legs syndrome. About one week into the therapy, I started to notice my RLS was worse and started taking the medicine more often. It made everything worse, I had bad dreams, and a bad taste in my mouth in the morning. After just 3 weeks, I was no longer taking the medicine.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2013 7:10 PM

Review by Bev70 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: My Restless Legs Syndrome developed after a back injury, where I was diagnosed with 3 bulging disks and degenerative disk disease. About 12 years ago. At first it was only occasional and popping my back would sometimes help. The last 3 years it developed into an every night hell. The last 6 months I've been on ropinirole 3mg (worked up to the 3mg) and it was working perfectly! But the last month or so I have started getting RLS during the day. I'm considering asking my Dr to increase my dose to 4mg to see if that will keep it at bay. Weather I do or not I will keep taking it every night because I would rather have RLS during the day when I can walk around, then when I'm trying to sleep at night.

May 26, 2013 5:58 PM

Review by Dot/oz:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs syndrome for 5 years. I started Requip at 1mg now I am taking 2.5mg. I have had morning sickness everyday. Nothing else works. I am hoping the path will work. I am willing to try anything.

February 22, 2013 3:28 PM

Review by maceykay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: All night long one night my legs kept jumping up in the air till I couldn't sleep at keeping my husband up. So I got on Requip 0.25mg take 2 at bed time and I slept all night long, without jumping legs and if I had them I didn't know of them. So far as sleep it helps me also. This is the best thing for me and my legs.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2013 10:17 PM

Review by Sleepless in Dallas (taken for 10 years or more):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs syndrome for 30 years that I can remember. I have been on Requip for 15 years. Before it was approved for RLS. I was in a clinical trial for it then was able to get a script for it as it was approved for Parkinson's. RLS treatment varies on intensity of it. It only gets worse. I am up do 4 mg a day. The combination of what works is a moving target. I have tried it all. Requip is no longer helping me as it was. Once RLS starts I am screwed in to a night of living hell. I take Ambien to help but that is no longer helping.

February 16, 2013 11:47 PM

Review by Beeceee1234567 (taken for less than 1 month):

Requip XL (ropinirole) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: It did not work for me, it made me sleep worse.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2013 12:23 AM

Review by Ed 1938:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I had shaky legs so bad and could not sleep. My primary care doctor prescribed Requip, but I had awful side effects on Requip.

January 13, 2013 9:16 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs syndrome for much longer than anyone knew what it was. I was a kid in the 70's getting in trouble for "squirming" at my desk. It tends to act up more with periods of activity. When my wife and I were dating, I was at the gym and riding a bike and I would wake up in the middle of the night and do stretches and anything to try and make the feeling go away. Recently, is has become unbearable again for some reason, it is ten years after the last bad period. I have tried Lyrica, which did not seem to help, Neurontin - which helped some but was wiping me out with tiredness and I just switched to Mirapex because I couldn't see that 1-2mg a night was doing anything but making me nauseous.

November 14, 2012 4:17 PM

Review by Ginaloo (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have been taking generic Requip (ropinerole) for about 9 months now for restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder. My doctor has gradually increased my dose from 0.75 mg a day to 2 mg. It has really helped my PLMD; it doesn't happen anymore. It also helps my RLS. However, my RLS had almost disappeared before I started taking Requip (when I gave up caffeine). The RLS came back when I started taking Requip for the PLMD. Overall, however, I think it has been worth it. I am on a still relatively small dose.

October 13, 2012 6:06 PM

Review by RogerLegDodger (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I take 0.75 mg at 6.00pm. This totally relieves restless legs syndrome for me. Side effects are mild but include profound sleepiness and mildly heightened libido (true!) which are somewhat self-defeating. Because Requip is a dopamine agonist it works alongside iron as a co-factor. Therefore, I need to minimise iron-depleting lifestyle factors as well as taking Requip. That means that I can only have de-caffeineated coffee and that I can't drink alcohol.

October 6, 2012 5:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Thank God for Ropinrole, I can finally sleep. I take a small amount in the early afternoon and larger dose before bedtime.

September 10, 2012 4:10 AM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I've suffered with restless legs syndrome since long before they came out with a name for it. Requip for me has been a wonder and the only side effect I've ever noticed is the drowsiness. But unfortunately it seems like either the symptoms are getting worse with age or else my body is increasingly becoming immune to the medication as for many years now I experience daytime symptoms as bad as night time symptoms and am now up to taking a total of 4mg/day (1mg every 4-6 hrs) and it takes over an hour to produce results after taking during which time I am standing at my desk at work working on my computer. Long drives, movie theaters, seminars and flights are all things I can't do without loading up on the medication beforehand.

September 7, 2012 8:36 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I began taking Requip when it first came on the market for restless legs syndrome. My symptoms got better for about 6 months, then slowly got worse. As the dosage increased, so did the systems. What began as nightly leg twitching/aches, got so bad I began having anxiety attacks at night. It was very common for me to have an anxiety attack and end up getting up on the computer until about 3am until I couldn't keep my head up anymore (Getting up at 5am for work, I was a walking zombie). Also as the dosage increased, I began having symptoms while sitting at my desk at work and also experienced nightly vomiting/dry heaving. I became suicidal. After 6 yrs I switched to Mirapex. After 5 yrs I'm on minimal dosage with incredible results. I feel human again!

July 8, 2012 2:35 AM