User Reviews for Exelon

Parkinson's Disease 2 reviews 48 medications

4.5
Summary of Exelon reviews 13 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Exelon

For Alzheimer's Disease "I have 7 Immediate Family members that had Alzheimer's and died except my younger sister, Debra Age 61. She resides in a Nursing Home and was admitted 1/13/13. My Dr. put me on the Exelon Patch around that time. I have enjoyed extra energy. I have been diagnosed with mild cognitive loss. I am 63. No adverse side effects from the Exelon Patch. Don't like black gummy circle it leaves on skin. 9/20/2015, I went to my Pharmacy for my Exelon Patch. The script they gave me was for Rivastigmine, with bright RED sticker: A GENERIC EQUIVALENT DRUG has been dispensed of the same QUALITY and at a LOWER PRICE. UNTRUE. It falls off and sticks to clothes. 1st script at generic price, 2nd and on full price of EXELON. Ins won't pay"

not number 8 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2016

For Alzheimer's Disease "this med does nothing but empty my wallet and make me nuts. You are really crazy if you take------it does nothing except screw with your mind"

coffeeeee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 24, 2015

For Alzheimer's Disease "My mother was put on the patch several years ago. It is difficult to measure it's effectiveness with a degenerative disease, but I think she has declined a little slower than others I have seen. However, the cost is TERRIBLE even after Medicare Part D pays."

JoanieP July 14, 2015

For Alzheimer's Disease "Mom, 85, started using the Exelon Patch (13.9) about one year ago and it has made such a wonderful improvement in her mood, quality of life and cognitive ability. It has given her back a life and provided the family quality time to enjoy her. Before the patch, her memory was poor, she was agitated and continually negative, suspicious and lashing out at everyone. Thanks to the Exelon patch, she's able to have a normal, peaceful life, without any type of side effects. We feel very Blessed to have been told about the patch and I try to inform people with similar situations of the impact it has had on my mom."

Relieved and Happy (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 5, 2015

For Alzheimer's Disease "My husband has advanced Alzheimer's and has been on 3 weeks of the 4.6 patch. He has become sexually active after months of no sex, but now wants it every night. I'm afraid to get him to the next level."

Wife of Bob February 16, 2015

For Alzheimer's Disease "My mother has been on the patch with no side effects at all. She only been taking it for a few weeks but I can tell a huge change in her confusion and she's not as aggressive. The only problem is how expensive it is."

Anonymous January 24, 2015

For Parkinson's Disease "My husband has Parkinson's dementia and was put on Exelon patch 4 months ago. He has psoriasis and the patch (we think) may have triggered it to be worse. He does not want to stop the patch because of the good mental alertness he receives from it but the rash has become more widespread on his upper torso. Doctor does not believe it is Exelon but I have begun to remove the patch after 12 hours and the rash has improved. I believe the dose may be too high and causes the dermatitis. Overall it is a good medicine."

normasims (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2014

For Alzheimer's Disease "My father has been on the patch now about 2 1/2 months for Alzheimer's dementia. He stepped up to the 13.3 mg about 2 weeks ago and the patches don't want to stay on. Nurse asked if they could use skin prep before the application; but Novartis helpline didn't answer that question. They are going to check out the lot the patches came from to be sure it's not a manufacturer issue. "

xeon June 5, 2013

For Alzheimer's Disease "I am 71 and my mom died at 91 after a long decline into total dementia, though not Alzheimer's. When she was given Exelon, she became quite difficult and insulting, so we took her off. I was experiencing initial stages of decline at the time and so I tried her remaining patches for 10 days, at 4mg strength. I immediately felt an improvement in clarity and motivation, but I am under heavy blood pressure medicines and so still did not have the ability to do all I wanted. After 10 days I stopped the patches and quickly went back to my somewhat confused and listless situation. Three months later I got a prescription and began using the patches again with the significant improvement. But a 9.5 dose makes me aggressive. Problem is the price."

THEcondor April 17, 2012

For Parkinson's Disease "My mother has been on this medication for 2 1/2 weeks. With each day she has become more and more agitated, confused, confrontational, and delusional. I am taking her off of it. It may be that this medicine is better suited for Alzheimer's patients than Parkinson's patients."

Anonymous January 12, 2011

For Alzheimer's Disease "Helped my dad with this patch. He was less agitated, better behaved and was able to do more for himself."

Anonymous February 21, 2010

For Alzheimer's Disease "My mum had quite a few side effects."

Anonymous November 21, 2008

For Alzheimer's Disease "I've only been using this medication (patch) for a month but the positive effects it has had on me are spectacular.It has eased my discomfort and confusion. I have experienced no side effects at all."

Anonymous October 9, 2008

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate