Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Exelon

Learn more about Exelon.

Exelon review summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 24 medications used in the treatment of Alzheimer's Disease.

Reviews for Exelon to treat Alzheimer's Disease

Review by Wife of Bob:

My husband has advanced Alzheimer's and has been on 3 weeks of the 4.6 patch. He has become sexually active after months of no sex, but now wants it every night. I'm afraid to get him to the next level.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2015 1:22 AM

Review by xeon:

My father has been on the patch now about 2 1/2 months for Alzheimer's dementia. He stepped up to the 13.3 mg about 2 weeks ago and the patches don't want to stay on. Nurse asked if they could use skin prep before the application; but Novartis helpline didn't answer that question. They are going to check out the lot the patches came from to be sure it's not a manufacturer issue.

June 5, 2013 10:31 AM

Review by THEcondor:

I am 71 and my mom died at 91 after a long decline into total dementia, though not Alzheimer's. When she was given Exelon, she became quite difficult and insulting, so we took her off. I was experiencing initial stages of decline at the time and so I tried her remaining patches for 10 days, at 4mg strength. I immediately felt an improvement in clarity and motivation, but I am under heavy blood pressure medicines and so still did not have the ability to do all I wanted. After 10 days I stopped the patches and quickly went back to my somewhat confused and listless situation. Three months later I got a prescription and began using the patches again with the significant improvement. But a 9.5 dose makes me aggressive. Problem is the price.

April 17, 2012 1:06 PM

Helped my dad with this patch. He was less agitated, better behaved and was able to do more for himself.

February 21, 2010 8:55 PM

My mum had quite a few side effects.

November 21, 2008 10:56 AM

I've only been using this medication (patch) for a month but the positive effects it has had on me are spectacular.It has eased my discomfort and confusion. I have experienced no side effects at all.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2008 6:53 AM