User Reviews for Seroquel XR

Learn more about Seroquel XR.

Seroquel XR Review Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 57 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Seroquel XR to treat Schizophrenia

"I lost touch with reality for quite a while. I mainly use this as a sleep aid, but I am a paranoid schizophrenic. As far as symptoms of my schizophrenia, it helps. However, whenever it's about time to take my dose I notice my condition worsening a lot. If I take it late, I am loopy and a bit delusion, but I hold a steady job that requires us to work late some days. Also, if I am just having an overall bad day, it seems to not help my symptoms at all. I am pretty sure I would be a lot worse without this medication. My insurance doesn't cover it, but I got a card from the doctor making my prescription only cost around 17 bucks. If I didn't have that card, it would be about 80 bucks with my work insurance. 400 or something with none."

Rest In Pieces (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2015

"When I was 14 I was put on 450mg/day before bed time and within 6 months I gained 25-30 pounds. It worked super well to get rid of my hallucinations (including the tactile ones) but it made me extremely zombie-like. My grades slipped at school, and I slept as soon as I got home till the next morning. The first day I slept 22 hours. This medicine made me so hungry all the time and no matter how much I ate I was never full."

Skr1259 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2014

"All the other medications I have been on produced horrible side effects. Seroquel works great and the only side effect is sleepiness. Stable at 600mg and quite pleased."

DeadBunny (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2014

"From the age of eleven to seventeen, I lost touch to reality, no doctor could figure out what was wrong with me cause I didn't tell my real problems. I was living in an imaginary world. At the age of seventeen I was finally able to express some of my problems, and got started on Seroquel XR, day by day I had the feeling of becoming normal again, and regained the control over my own life. I still have issues from all the problems that involved my past, but I can truly say that I got control back. I truly think Seroquel XR saved my life."

Chris778 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2013

"Got rid of psychotic symptoms but I had an allergic reaction and had to go off it. Made me feel drunk after I took it so I had to go right to bed. I would stumble around if I got out of bed. Made me sweat and salivate more. I found olanzapine a better fit."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2012

"I have been on it for 2.5 years, I gained 30lbs. At a point it has stopped working for me. Started having crying spells, insomnia. I am now going to try Latuda."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2012

"Works well - sedating though."

klendathuu August 14, 2009