Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Seroquel XR

Learn more about Seroquel XR.

Seroquel XR review summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 57 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Seroquel XR to treat Schizophrenia

Review by Skr1259 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

When I was 14 I was put on 450mg/day before bed time and within 6 months I gained 25-30 pounds. It worked super well to get rid of my hallucinations (including the tactile ones) but it made me extremely zombie-like. My grades slipped at school, and I slept as soon as I got home till the next morning. The first day I slept 22 hours. This medicine made me so hungry all the time and no matter how much I ate I was never full.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 27, 2014 12:04 AM

Review by DeadBunny (taken for 1 to 6 months):

All the other medications I have been on produced horrible side effects. Seroquel works great and the only side effect is sleepiness. Stable at 600mg and quite pleased.

April 25, 2014 6:24 PM

Review by Chris778 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

From the age of eleven to seventeen, I lost touch to reality, no doctor could figure out what was wrong with me cause I didn't tell my real problems. I was living in an imaginary world. At the age of seventeen I was finally able to express some of my problems, and got started on Seroquel XR, day by day I had the feeling of becoming normal again, and regained the control over my own life. I still have issues from all the problems that involved my past, but I can truly say that I got control back. I truly think Seroquel XR saved my life.

October 5, 2013 2:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Got rid of psychotic symptoms but I had an allergic reaction and had to go off it. Made me feel drunk after I took it so I had to go right to bed. I would stumble around if I got out of bed. Made me sweat and salivate more. I found olanzapine a better fit.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2012 11:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have been on it for 2.5 years, I gained 30lbs. At a point it has stopped working for me. Started having crying spells, insomnia. I am now going to try Latuda.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2012 5:50 PM

Review by klendathuu:

Works well - sedating though.

August 14, 2009 9:30 PM