User Reviews for Prometrium

Learn more about Prometrium.

Reviews for Prometrium to treat Progesterone Insufficiency

Review by swhitico81 (taken for less than 1 month):

I am 49 and have been on this medication for one cycle. The side effects have not been as bad as I had anticipated. I had a few mild headaches, and bit of bloating, tender breasts and a mild acne breakout, and was a bit tired a few days. I am taking it for a proliferative endometrium and after 4 days being off the medicine, I am getting a period, so it seems to be working as planned. I am taking 200 mg.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2012 7:24 AM

I am on 100mg dose, days 14-28 of my period or the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. The first month was great, I felt level, the only side effects felt were extreme sugar cravings and vivid, bizarre dreams. However, in month two, no cravings, extreme mood swings and ranging from a need for a lot of sleep, not wanting to get out of bed to anxiety and very little sleep. No pregnancy yet.

October 19, 2011 8:18 PM

I'm pregnant and my lab work came back indicating I have a low progesterone level. My doctor prescribed Prometrium and initially I took the medication in the daytime, but then found that it makes me extremely tired. I decided to start taking the medicine at bedtime then started having very bizarre dreams only when I take the medication at bedtime. I informed my doctor,but he dismissed the side effect as not being related. I'm positive the side effect is from the medication. I hope this comment let other women who experience this side effect know that you are not alone. Just because it's not a listed side effect doesn't mean it can't happen.

March 20, 2010 8:11 PM

Review by skrumm:

I'm 48, and found that this nicely balanced the issues I'm having with estrogen dominance. I've had no side effects that I can tell, but a real clearing up of the fuzzy brain, night sweats, and trouble sleeping. I love it!

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 4, 2009 8:49 PM

I experienced a few mild side effects - mainly mild nausea and irritability. Well worth the improvement in my overall health.

December 31, 2008 9:01 AM