User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Suclear, TriLyte

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes.

Constipation, Chronic 6 reviews 29 medications

7.1
Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 95 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Review by ToilettingAllNight (taken for less than 1 month):

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Got MoviPrep for my colonoscopy. Followed instructions for first dose and felt it an hour after. I set up my station in the toilet and was on the toilet until 3 hours 40 mins after. I still ran to the bathroom for less frequent intermittent water poop urges. From the first dose, I knew I would get zero sleep that night. I only did half of the second dose because if I took the whole dose I would be crapping my pants in the taxi on my way to appointment. I started second dose at 1 am and got no sleep until 5:30am since I kept drinking water. That was a mistake because the more I drank the more I pooped out. I was cursing my doctor for giving me Moviprep but I'm glad this is all over.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2014 11:03 PM

Review by SemperFiWife02 (taken for less than 1 month):

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Prep for colonoscopy: 1st attempt was in May 2014 and was an epic fail, volume of liquid was too much, gave me horrible heartburn, threw up 75% of the stuff. However, what did get through worked, but 25% not nearly enough for a complete cleaning. Attempt 2. Dr switched to a 2 day prep using MoviPrep. MoviPrep, to me, has a horrible taste. Thankfully the volume is a bit less. I just completed my first 32 oz. (first 16 oz completed in 20 mins, 2nd 16 oz, 90 mins...ugh). Next dose 6pm. Use a Lipton tea bag in prep and it helps to cut bad taste. Heating pad on abdomen helps too. No movement yet 3.5 hrs in.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2014 3:39 PM

Review by philz-23 (taken for less than 1 month):

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: My 1st colonoscopy at 52. I did a split dose, 1 at 6PM and 1 at 4AM. Follow the advice & suck on a hard candy and use a straw, make sure the MoviPrep is cold-the 1st glass was easy and really didn't taste bad, just like flat salty lemonade. Each dose is harder as the stomach rumbles, at the last glass I was ready for the toilet. Bring a book or a laptop, I sat for at least an hour with a few returns after. The 4 AM prep was harder, making myself drink more while my stomach gurgled and I felt like running to the bathroom. I just finished the 4th glass and moved to the toilet for another hour, then napped w/a couple interruptions. It worked! The colonoscopy itself was the easy part. An unpleasant experience but really not as bad as I feared.

June 26, 2014 3:09 PM

Review by cyberjlo:

PEG-3350 with Electolytes (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Drinking with a straw helps as well as chilling the liquid. Started feeling full/bloated until it started working, about 60 minutes after first 8 oz. Also would recommend wearing a panty liner (yes, men too!) Because you don't always have the control you need getting to the toilet on time.

June 24, 2014 10:06 PM

Review by Kat-Ge:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Gastrointestinal Decontamination: I have taken Moviprep before, the first time for a laparoscopic exam, and I am now taking it again for another laparoscopy to remove endometriosis. The first time, I took Moviprep at the instructed times, first litre at 5pm and second litre at 8-9pm. It was awful! I had to be at the hospital for 6am, and I literally hadn't slept because I was still going the toilet. Thankfully I was still able to have the procedure. This time I took the first litre at 3pm and the second litre at about 6pm, it is nearly 11pm and it hasn't stopped yet, but hopefully I will get more rest than last time. I think it definitely does what it is intended for but the taste is disgusting, it tastes like really salty lemons, much better if you use a straw!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by Colonoscopy screening (taken for less than 1 month):

PEG-3350 with Electolytes (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Gastrointestinal Decontamination: Not that bad, all my friends and family told me their experiences and now I am going through it myself. half gallon at night, and half gallon in the morning. Occupying the restroom every 5 minutes. I am just following through the direction... hope the screening is a smooth one too.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2014 6:27 AM

Review by Bucknut (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Had colonoscopy this morning at 7:30 AM. I had the unflavored Peg 3350 and electrolyte mix, so I added 1 packet of Crystal Light and chilled the mix. This was probably about my 15th bowel prep. I had appendix cancer in '01 and had to follow up with 2 x a year for 5 years colonoscopy. I also had to do prep for 3 surgeries, and a lysis procedure for scar tissue, so I'm a veteran of these unfortunately. The key is eating lightly a good 4 or 5 days leading up to procedure. I'm not saying this stuff tastes good, but I'd rather drink a garbage can full of this compared to magnesium citrate. Started voiding right at hour mark, and made the progression to clear in 3-4 hours. Doctor said everything was very clear, so I am done until 2019.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 19, 2014 6:36 PM

Review by Daveuk8:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Took 4 hours to work on first litre of Moviprep...was up all night

May 5, 2014 8:34 PM

Review by assmang:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: I was a little nervous at first ,The prep solution mixed and chilled tasted like a really strong lemon Gatorade, not too bad actually. The effect began taking place about 1 hour after first dose just as I was drinking the last of the prep solution 4th portion of 1 liter bottle. Well I'm just starting so here I go again.

May 5, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by Bexley:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Like many others I was given this preparation for a colonoscopy. The instructions directed me to take 1 x 1 litre mix the previous day, and the second 1 x 1 litre mix on the morning of the examination. The taste was salty but bearable, I added orange squash to improve the flavour of the lemon flavoured mix, I think any addition is guaranteed to improve the flavour as it is bland and salty, refrigerating it also helped to take the edge off the taste. The first 1 x 1 litre started working after approx 25 mins, but it took approx 4.5 hours before I could comfortably / safely without fear of needing a sprint to loo, go to bed to sleep. The second dose started working immediately, approx 5 minutes ..... It certainly does it's job!!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2014 2:34 AM

Review by DEAmbrose:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Fasted all yesterday in prep for today's MoviPrep which is needed for tomorrows Colonoscopy. This stuff started working less than 10 mins after finishing first 8 ozs! I hope when I am done drinking all of it that I don't still feel so hungry for a nice juicy steak!

April 16, 2014 4:11 PM

Review by splitty:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: The first taste of the Orange Moviprep hit my lips at 4pm sharp, finished the liter in approx 50 mins... 10 mins later ....."action stations"! Exactly 1 hour to start doing its thing. A few slight cramps, but all in all pretty good. Not looking forward to the next session though.. I feel empty already. Wondering if I really need the second dose. Anyhow, best to be safe, as I really don't want to do this again for another 5 years minimum! 1 liter of salty-sweet-thick-watery stuff. I can do this, especially if washing down with a nice cold beer (or 4) Got to be happy with that.

March 25, 2014 4:17 AM

Review by ttop357:

PEG-3350 with Electolytes (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: My first glass was a shocker kind of salty but after that it was it was okay.It did the job if you know what I mean.

February 26, 2014 4:22 PM

Review by barbieblo:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: No cramps, no nausea. Chills and shaking kind of bad. Procedure was easy. DO IT!

February 24, 2014 11:21 PM

Review by Byrdsng:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Certainly does what it is supposed to do. Read all the previous reviews and I was terrified to take it. Finally gathered up the courage and did Moviprep shooters for happy hour. No cramping. No side effects other than what it is supposed to do. Yes it tastes a little like lemon pledge. It isn't something I would choose to drink for fun but it isn't as bad.

February 4, 2014 10:31 PM

Review by Rach28ael:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: So far the taste is ok. Drank it warm. Not bad, a little salty. Took the whole bottle to finally be able to go. Now just wait and see and start next bottle at 6 pm.

January 30, 2014 12:09 PM

Review by willow1210:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: 1st Moviprep was lemon flavour split dose night and early morning. Was not looking forward to the morning dose as tasted disgusting. Second bowl cleanse with Moviprep again but orange flavour this time and was a lot more palatable. A lot nicer then lemon flavour, as in UK the NHS sent it through for colonoscopy prep.

December 12, 2013 1:57 PM

Review by clogger:

For Bowel Preparation: I had an allergic reaction, eyes swollen, tightness in throat and lips, blood pressure shot up.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 2, 2013 7:26 PM

Review by Justfineprepxx:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Just finished split prep for colonoscopy this morning. Not as bad as I had feared - chilled solution, used straw and chasers, finished with mints. Could not drink final glass (knew I would vomit) but was well cleaned out. Clear your schedule and have good reading material handy and it's not too bad.

November 22, 2013 1:55 PM

Review by MoviPrep (taken for less than 1 month):

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Pros: Cleans out colon well without pain, cramping. Cons: Cost, taste Best colonoscopy prep I've ever taken. The taste isn't great but then what prep is? Follow the tips others have posted and drinking the Moviprep will be easier. I'd use this again.

November 13, 2013 1:32 PM

Review by colonoscopy patient:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Prepare prep in advance adding 1/2 packet lemon crystal light and refrigerate. When time comes to drink, pour into a cup with ice and drink with through a straw. Never had any stomach cramps and actually only went to bathroom a couple of times the night before. The next morning drank the second liter in same manner as before. Still no cramps and went to the bathroom frequently until completely purged. I would highly recommend.

November 8, 2013 11:09 AM

Review by Missark (taken for less than 1 month):

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: This is the 4th colonoscopy I have had. I WILL NEVER PREP WITH MOVIPREP again. Tastes like moldy salt water with a twist of moldy lime. I literally gagged trying to get this down and yes I used a straw. It is expensive! If you have an early morning appointment, you are up 1 a.m. (For me) to do Part 2. No prep experience is pleasant, MoviPrep is disgusting.

November 8, 2013 6:34 AM

Review by Relieved234 (taken for less than 1 month):

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: I can’t overstress the importance of lemons during the prep. Get a bag of lemons and cut them in quarters. Suck on the lemon quarter, drink the solution through a straw, suck on the lemon, drink the solution, etc. You will not even taste or smell it. Also, schedule your exam in the afternoon. You will be able to drink 1/2 of the solution the night before and 1/2 in the morning. Very tolerable way to get through this!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2013 9:21 AM

Review by Rocky NY (taken for less than 1 month):

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Worst Prep ever!! Terrible chemical, heavy lemon taste. Took the two litres and water as directed. IT DID NOT WORK.. I have used other preps that worked great. Don't waist you time with this one. Went for colonoscopy, and had to be abandoned, moviprep had failed to work and my colon was full of faeces. All that preperation for nothing, i even went on a liquid diet prior and it still failed. Also REAL BAD SIDE EFFECTS. EXTREME PAIN FOR DAYS AFTERWARD AND STOMACH GURLING. Now got to do all over again with different prep.

October 26, 2013 9:36 AM

Review by Janesandy:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: This prep works. But getting it down is awful. A bitter, bitter taste comes after each swallow. My pharmacist told me that there are less expensive preps that work just as well. I paid $70. Colonoscopy went fine (10-15-13) and I was relieved it was over.....but now I am experiencing loss of taste for some foods and beverages. Searched online and found evidence of that happening. It has only been 4 days since procedure. I hope time will help to bring back sensory taste.

October 19, 2013 12:11 PM