Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Suclear, TriLyte

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes.

Constipation, Chronic 6 reviews 29 medications

9.7
Bowel Preparation 79 reviews 112 medications

7.1
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 85 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Review by DEAmbrose: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Fasted all yesterday in prep for today's MoviPrep which is needed for tomorrows Colonoscopy. This stuff started working less than 10 mins after finishing first 8 ozs! I hope when I am done drinking all of it that I don't still feel so hungry for a nice juicy steak!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 16, 2014 4:11 PM
Review by splitty: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: The first taste of the Orange Moviprep hit my lips at 4pm sharp, finished the liter in approx 50 mins... 10 mins later ....."action stations"! Exactly 1 hour to start doing its thing. A few slight cramps, but all in all pretty good. Not looking forward to the next session though.. I feel empty already. Wondering if I really need the second dose. Anyhow, best to be safe, as I really don't want to do this again for another 5 years minimum! 1 liter of salty-sweet-thick-watery stuff. I can do this, especially if washing down with a nice cold beer (or 4) Got to be happy with that.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 25, 2014 4:17 AM
Review by ttop357: User Rating:

PEG-3350 with Electolytes (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: My first glass was a shocker kind of salty but after that it was it was okay.It did the job if you know what I mean.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 26, 2014 4:22 PM
Review by barbieblo: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: No cramps, no nausea. Chills and shaking kind of bad. Procedure was easy. DO IT!

February 24, 2014 11:21 PM
Review by Byrdsng: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Certainly does what it is supposed to do. Read all the previous reviews and I was terrified to take it. Finally gathered up the courage and did Moviprep shooters for happy hour. No cramping. No side effects other than what it is supposed to do. Yes it tastes a little like lemon pledge. It isn't something I would choose to drink for fun but it isn't as bad.

February 4, 2014 10:31 PM
Review by Rach28ael: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: So far the taste is ok. Drank it warm. Not bad, a little salty. Took the whole bottle to finally be able to go. Now just wait and see and start next bottle at 6 pm.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 30, 2014 12:09 PM
Review by willow1210: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: 1st Moviprep was lemon flavour split dose night and early morning. Was not looking forward to the morning dose as tasted disgusting. Second bowl cleanse with Moviprep again but orange flavour this time and was a lot more palatable. A lot nicer then lemon flavour, as in UK the NHS sent it through for colonoscopy prep.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 12, 2013 1:57 PM
Review by clogger:

polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes for Bowel Preparation: I had an allergic reaction, eyes swollen, tightness in throat and lips, blood pressure shot up.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 2, 2013 7:26 PM
Review by Justfineprepxx: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Just finished split prep for colonoscopy this morning. Not as bad as I had feared - chilled solution, used straw and chasers, finished with mints. Could not drink final glass (knew I would vomit) but was well cleaned out. Clear your schedule and have good reading material handy and it's not too bad.

November 22, 2013 1:55 PM
Review by MoviPrep (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Pros: Cleans out colon well without pain, cramping. Cons: Cost, taste Best colonoscopy prep I've ever taken. The taste isn't great but then what prep is? Follow the tips others have posted and drinking the Moviprep will be easier. I'd use this again.

November 13, 2013 1:32 PM
Review by colonoscopy patient: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Prepare prep in advance adding 1/2 packet lemon crystal light and refrigerate. When time comes to drink, pour into a cup with ice and drink with through a straw. Never had any stomach cramps and actually only went to bathroom a couple of times the night before. The next morning drank the second liter in same manner as before. Still no cramps and went to the bathroom frequently until completely purged. I would highly recommend.

November 8, 2013 11:09 AM
Review by Missark (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: This is the 4th colonoscopy I have had. I WILL NEVER PREP WITH MOVIPREP again. Tastes like moldy salt water with a twist of moldy lime. I literally gagged trying to get this down and yes I used a straw. It is expensive! If you have an early morning appointment, you are up 1 a.m. (For me) to do Part 2. No prep experience is pleasant, MoviPrep is disgusting.

November 8, 2013 6:34 AM
Review by Relieved234 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: I can’t overstress the importance of lemons during the prep. Get a bag of lemons and cut them in quarters. Suck on the lemon quarter, drink the solution through a straw, suck on the lemon, drink the solution, etc. You will not even taste or smell it. Also, schedule your exam in the afternoon. You will be able to drink 1/2 of the solution the night before and 1/2 in the morning. Very tolerable way to get through this!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 5, 2013 9:21 AM
Review by Rocky NY (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Worst Prep ever!! Terrible chemical, heavy lemon taste. Took the two litres and water as directed. IT DID NOT WORK.. I have used other preps that worked great. Don't waist you time with this one. Went for colonoscopy, and had to be abandoned, moviprep had failed to work and my colon was full of faeces. All that preperation for nothing, i even went on a liquid diet prior and it still failed. Also REAL BAD SIDE EFFECTS. EXTREME PAIN FOR DAYS AFTERWARD AND STOMACH GURLING. Now got to do all over again with different prep.

October 26, 2013 9:36 AM
Review by Janesandy: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: This prep works. But getting it down is awful. A bitter, bitter taste comes after each swallow. My pharmacist told me that there are less expensive preps that work just as well. I paid $70. Colonoscopy went fine (10-15-13) and I was relieved it was over.....but now I am experiencing loss of taste for some foods and beverages. Searched online and found evidence of that happening. It has only been 4 days since procedure. I hope time will help to bring back sensory taste.

October 19, 2013 12:11 PM
Review by Rassy: User Rating:

polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes for Bowel Preparation: I'm down to my last glass of this stuff and all I can really say is it's not for me. Every single glass of this has made me vomit 20-30 minutes after drinking. Enough of it has gone down so that it's working, so every time I vomit, liquid is also coming out of the other end. It's really awful. The vomiting is incredibly violent and there is little warning before it happens.

October 6, 2013 11:32 PM
Review by AnxiousArtie: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Mixed it with half a packet of lemon-lime Crystal Light and refrigerated it. Didn't find the taste bad at all; consistency a bit weird (like watery maple syrup). No cramping, tiny bit of bloating until it started working. Drank a cup every 10 minutes. Started working 45 minutes after 1st dose (15 minutes after the 4th). Was able to sleep; did need to get up once. Second prep in morning; started working pretty much with the 1st dose. Pretty much ran its course after 2 hours.

October 5, 2013 1:36 PM
Review by Shelynn (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: This was my 2nd colonoscopy, and this time I prescribed MoviPrep. The taste was the worst part, even though I drank through a straw. I would brush my teeth each drink due to the after taste. Aside from the taste, it worked well. It started working in about 35 minutes. I had to do a split dosage, 1/2 the night before, and 1/2 the morning of colonoscopy. I ate a low residue diet the day before and I believed that helped so there was not so much output. I think some people think they should eat a lot the day before, but that just makes the prep last longer.

October 1, 2013 3:08 PM
Review by OKnow: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Procedure scheduled for 6.30am. Clear liquids only for prior 36 hours, nothing by mouth except for bowel prep after midnight. Started at 6pm as prescribed and took first half of the prep at 15 minute intervals over one hour. The taste is vile, sweet-salty with chemical feel and the consistency thick, almost like vegetable oil. I was able to take it fairly easily, followed by water as prescribed. Four hours later the bowel motions began, Second round began at midnight, had to gag it down but able to finish dose. Results good, clear pale yellow at the end. Severe hunger headache and malaise throughout. 12 hrs after procedure still have rumbling bowels.

September 11, 2013 6:54 PM
Review by courtney2289 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: I had to take this for a colonoscopy. Having not been allowed to eat all day for the day before the examination, I was quite apprehensive about putting this strange smelling lemony stuff in my mouth. Needless to say, I found it incredibly hard to drink. It took me around 2 1/2 hours to finish the first litre, starting at 5pm and finishing (eventually) at 7.30pm. It took about an hour for the medicine to work properly, after I was stuck to the sofa with bad stomach cramps. The second litre didn't go down well at all. I was very bloated and felt like I was going to vomit, which I didn't want to do, as then it would have all been for nothing. It's 5am now and still half a litre to go. Hoping it will be okay as I'm still stuck to the toilet.

September 10, 2013 12:00 AM
Review by JuliaDanikka (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: I'm 18 years old and am having a colonoscopy. I have trouble drinking things that taste gross and salt water even in the ocean makes me gag. Weeks of being terrified and hearing all the horror stories associated with this bowel prep, I finally got to the day before my appointment. I purchased the Moviprep and poured the first packet into a 1L bottle and MIXED IN 4 CRYSTAL LIGHT LEMON LIME packets and shook it all up and put it in the fridge. When the time came to drink it, it went down easy, unlike many of the other people I have read, and it just tasted overly sweet. It did have a slight after taste of salt, so keep a glass of 7UP beside you to wash it away.

September 5, 2013 7:08 PM
Review by DontBeScared: User Rating:

polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes for Bowel Preparation: I am 65 and avoided for 15 years my kindly doctor's suggestion that I have a colonoscopy, finally I consented to do a virtual colonoscopy, yes I know stupid and expensive but remember I am a chicken. Expecting the worst from this PEG stuff after reading all of reviews. Bought hard candy, apple juice, bottled tea, ginger ale with especially high ginger content, etc. Ate practically all the hard candy before even starting to take the stuff out of nervousness. Began it, not so bad, yes salty but so what. No problems, no vomiting, seems to work but not running clear yet. Don't be so scared as I was, if I could do it you can too.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 28, 2013 7:24 PM
Review by DarkAeon (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Had a sigmoidoscopy the other week, first time, and got given Moviprep by the hospital to take in advance. Only had to take 1L and I could get up at 6am to take for a 13:30 appointment. Found it incredibly hard to drink, THAT TASTE!! Ugh! As if those horrible backless hospital shorts and the procedure done wasn't bad enough. You can imagine my horror when I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis (boo, but at least the last time was now definitely worth it) and the Doc said he wanted to send me for a Colonoscopy. Staring 2L in the face this afternoon, and already I have the shakes! First pint glass in, and it's definitely better to just get two straws. Started working within ten minutes.

August 21, 2013 10:46 AM
Review by barneybelle (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

GaviLyte-N (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: I fasted for 30 hours prior to drinking Gavilyte-N. I walked a 5k race the night before my colonoscopy. Got home at 9am, had the Gavilyte chilled in the refrigerator, I was thirsty from the exercise. I pounced 8 glasses of the jug one after the other because I was thirsty and I didn't want to be up all night. Started working about 45 mins later.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 1, 2013 9:43 AM
Review by redpeg (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Mine was done over two days the first dose left me feeling bloated, cramping. The next morning did three quarters of it and and it was all over, I vomited so hard, along with chills, shaking and just a phone call away from 911. Did it's job though.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate