User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Suclear, TriLyte

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes.

Constipation, Chronic 9 reviews 28 medications

9.6
Bowel Preparation 152 reviews 114 medications

7.4
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 3 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 164 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "So I'm a 19 year old student trying to discretely do this in a bathroom I share with two others without them finding out I'm having a colonoscopy. Yikes, there's going to be some pretending I'm having a 'long shower'. The first litre isn't horrendous, although I was staring down my last glass for a while before I could stomach it. It doesn't taste horrific, salty and lemony but there's just something about it. I did the first glass in about three gulps, the rest I had to split into a few separate bits. I recommend gulping until you physically can't and then chasing it immediately. Regarding its effectiveness, we will have to see."

UkStudent (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "While Moviprep is okay at clearing the colon for a colonoscopy, there are two major problems with it. First is cost. This prescription medication costs between $80 and $90 WITH insurance, which is outrageous and confiscatory given the ingredients. Second is drinking this vile liquid. It tastes so grotesquely bad, it is nearly impossible to choke down, and you have to drink two liters of it. I wish physicians would prescribe one of less-expensive, more-palatable alternatives."

OceanDreamer (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "I read all these horror stories which freaked me out so I had to break it open and taste it, instead of being stressed for a week. No big whoopdeedoop. Its pretty mild. I think the worst part will be having to drink so much water and pooping for a few hours. I guess some people have very sensitive taste buds."

Michelley (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I'm 29 and this is my second time in less than two months having to take moviprep. They couldn't complete the colonoscopy the first time around. Everyone has different side effects but for me it makes me so sick. I have to get a colonoscopy every two years and this terrifies me. I'm very petite and my stomach just doesn't hold out to 2L of it. I took the first batch at 5pm and took me 2hrs. 2nd batch not so easy. Started at 9pm and it's now 10.30pm and I can't stop vomiting. I've drunk half of the 2nd batch and my bowel is clear so I'm hoping that will be enough for my colonoscopy tomorrow. The no eating and sitting on toilet doesn't bother me at all, I wish there was something less nauseating!"

Lynsxo January 4, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "have a colonoscopy at 7am tomorrow. This is my 2nd time using PEG3350 and this time I made a schedule. Started on the hour, then every 20 mins another 8oz glass. I used a straw while holding nose! Don't let go of nose until glass is empty. I had a small capfull of listerine waiting-- and gargle after every cup you drink! Works like a charm!! After 5th cup the runs will begin! Then don't leave the bathroom-- except to drink every 20 mins! Happy pooping! "

Listerine is the trick December 24, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I started a clean diet a day in a half prior to the procedure. I then made the solution and refrigerated it that morning. I sucked on a lemon slice and then drank the stuff for 4 times every 15 minutes. When finished it took about an additional hour and 15 to start. No problems, worked fine. The trick clear liquids a day and a half prior. Happy squatting to all, and use flushable wipes and end with toilet paper to dry."

Sal Stavia December 22, 2015

For Bowel Preparation: "I have a colonoscopy scheduled. The pharmacist called me and said the prescription that the doctor sent was not covered by my insurance and recommended that I ask the doctor for an alternative. She did and instead of paying $110, I was able to get the same medication in a LARGE plastic bottle for under $10."

taxshero December 15, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I've been constipated for so long and was booked for a colonoscopy to check the reason for this. This Moviprep is fantastic. When I saw my insides on the screen I was amazed at how clean I was inside. Amazing. And the constipation completely cleared. I feel a ton lighter and my tummy has gone right down. I am actually considering using this stuff once a month just to keep my digestion working well and to prevent further constipation issues. Oh and colonoscopy was clear so still no idea why the constipation???? I would definitely recommend Moviprep. Oh but I have had a bit of a headache all day and I felt absolutely freezing after I had finished the liquid. Well worth it though."

DEBATNO4 December 10, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The first batch was awful! After reading this blog/reviews, for batch #2, I mixed a pkg of crystal lite into each cup and then I sliced a lemon and bit into a slice before drinking thru a straw at the very back of my throat, and then biting the lemon again. This really worked much better. I am almost done."

Mellycat (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2015

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I don't know what the fuss is about with the taste or smell. I didn't even use the lemon flavor packet that it came with because it contains saccharin, and I hate the after-taste. I didn't refrigerate it. I drank it room temperature with no flavoring, but I did use a straw. It was not bad at all. It tasted like funny-tasting water that was a little salty. I drank it through the straw really fast, and I had a butterscotch hard candy after each glassful. The reason I didn't drink it cold was because it goes down easier at room temperature."

Brook607 November 16, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Well taking this for colonoscopy prep was fearing the worse but has been a breeze no pain slight nausea and slight headache started working within 45mins deducted a star as I took my last lot at 6.45 and it now half 11 and still going the toilet I want sleep lol. But does the job and don't be put off by the horror stories it's easy just chill on the toilet with a good book or phone. If anything I was actually bored sitting on the toilet so much more then anything and wet wipes and vasoline is a must x"

lauren19 November 8, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Easy put this product in perspective if you've had lots of colonoscopies. Get every 1-2 yrs since young adult. I have issues w the 1s that contain vast amounts of liquid; not yummy either & I have more nausea bc too much liquid too fast. This product, by far the best I used, also prefer to OTC method. Smell is lemon, like lemon cleaning products. Don't sit smelling before, just drink it. It tastes of salty lemon Gatorade, so don't use lemon Gatorade as your extra liquid. W this stuff I had less cramps, 1 of the easiest to take, & cleaned me out great. Side note makes process easier & cleaner, stop eating seeded food (&nuts) another 24 hrs before diet starts, anything w seeds including berries & certain veggies (carbs & protein are good)."

Best I've used, by far. November 2, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Didn't find it as bad as people say. Not exactly pleasant but it was fine. Very expensive and took 4.5 hours for it to start to work. Working now though. Prep I used for last colonoscopy was just as effective and much cheaper though. Hope this will have done its job fully in time for my early morning appointment. It's 10pm now."

Dandilion October 7, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I am getting a colonoscopy tomorrow to verify I have crohns. The moviprep reviews scared me to the point where I almost canceled my test. But for my health I sucked it up and completed it. It was great! I mixed it with lemon Gatorade and orange Gatorade and it actually tasted pretty good and was easy to take. I'm terrified of vomiting and I gag easily but this Prep didn't bother me at all!!!"

Crohniegirlpa October 6, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was just finishing my last glass of part one wondering how long til I'm hitting the bathroom.So I googled my inquiry and this review site popped up. I must have read several reviews, belching away the bloatingness and I read how the reviewers' stomach rumbled,and so mine began- I started after 7 pm,chugged first three down pretty timely, just trying to avoid feeling nauseous, I can deal with bubble guts but not vomit. Last one went kinda slow, but I finished and a few sips of Gatorade and I'm on the way. Not bad-this stuff is going to do the trick! The taste isn't that bad, just a salty version of lemon Gatorade. Not thick at all. If you have sensitive buds, it may be harder to finish, but take your time,keep cold and u r good 2 go- literally!"

Melissa Lyn (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I'm 26 and preparing for my first colonoscopy looking to confirm why I have so many problems with my 'tummy'. Moviprep starting working within 45 mins for me. It tastes vile and was really hard to get down. However, other than being confined to the bathroom I'm doing ok. For someone who's used to spending a lot of time in the bathroom this is actually a bit of a breeze. Yes you feel a bit weak, but it isn't the same as when you have a stomach bug. Be prepared to drink something that tastes awful though. If you pretend it's a drinking game it's tolerable."

ToiletTrained October 5, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "having colonoscopy tomorrow. So started moviprep 3pm. I mixed it in advance early this morning so it's really cold also drinking through a straw . If your not good with dyrolight kind of meds then this is best bet I'm not good with the salty taste! So I cut a lemon into wedges bite a wedge keep juice in mouth and drink as much as u can from glass then have another bite lemon and repeat til glass is gone . Followed by something nice like lemonade"

Colitis 123 (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I have my first colonoscopy tomorrow and I have been given moviprep. Couldn't eat all day which is the worst bit! Had my first dose at 5pm things started moving 1 hour 30 mins after. Started the second dose at 8pm which I am still trying to get down now (11pm) as it is just making me gag! However it is doing what it is meant to do so fingers crossed tomorrow goes well! I have just been drinking it with orange squash which helps a little. Suffered from some bloating, tummy rumbles and cramps but it was nothing I hadn't delt with before."

Button23 September 24, 2015

For Bowel Preparation: "No side effects experienced."

Just Sitting Here September 23, 2015

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Horrible. Just finished the first half and I am dreading literally dreading the second half. I threw up half of it and feel sicker then a dog with a splitting migrane!"

Kate2345 September 20, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic: "You can't believe everything you see posted. On the internet you'd be insane. I got all the horror stories reading others experience And also family that had gone through The same experience..well I can say I was intimidated. When I saw the pharmacists hand ME this big jug and said I had to fill it with water and chill it and add the little lemon pack that comes attached. I was a little hesitant to say the least..but I awoke the next morning and about 9am I began my 8oz. First dose. Down.wasn't BAD as I thought like everyone was crying about the taste for ME was like a Dull Vanilla Mineral water (if you could imagine that taste) but I used a big straw to past the taste buds and I drunk fast so I wouldn't get a big after taste.."

DK 41 September 20, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Had a colonoscopy yesterday and the consultant was very impressed by how well this had worked on me! I found it tolerable to take. The first few mouthfuls are a struggle and I could not work out if it was because of the lemon smell or the taste so I tried drinking the next glass holding my nose - IMO it is definitely the salty taste that makes it hard to get down. Best advice is to drink it as fast as possible so it doesn't register so much on your tastebuds. Once it is down the lemon smell after-note is not so bad! Things really start to move quickly and dry toilet paper stings after a while. Use some sort of cream to alleviate it. It dehydrates too so drink water because a catheter vein (anaesthetic) is harder to find when dehydrated!"

Art of Travel September 18, 2015

GaviLyte-N (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "this stuff...... Is just...... NASTY! I started taking it at 5pm as instructed and I honestly could not do it! I had to pour crystal light in it and plug my nose and put ice in it and I still gagged! It is not good.... But I will say after one glass I was already in the bathroom. It works quickly."

Mandy912015 September 17, 2015

PEG-3350 with Electolytes (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Started at 5p, drank 5 glasses. Started working within 1st hour. 2 more at midnight, and now working on the other half at 3am. Bowel keep bubbling and now I have green poop. Im sure Im cleaned out, but I dont want to have to repeat this... So Im gonna make it below 3/4 of a gallon. Worst is the heartburn feeling. And I havent had soilds for 2 days.. So at this point I'm exhausted."

HateThisItWorks (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "have had many colonoscopies. moviprep doesn't work well enough on me, previous 4 litre stuff worked very well. Repeating scope 8 months later. Moviprep AGAIN, doctor suggesting 2 extra days of liquid diet...blech!"

Mr. 40yrsofmildcolitis (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015