User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Suclear, TriLyte

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes.

Constipation, Chronic 8 reviews 29 medications

9.5
Bowel Preparation 123 reviews 113 medications

7.5
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 3 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 134 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Preps are not hard to do or scary. Not my first prep. I find just drinking it quickly was the best way followed by a swig of Gatorade or ginger ale to kill any salty after taste. To protect from getting sore from wiping so may times I use a little hemorrhoid cream down there and it works great protecting me from all that dry toilet paper. (Just make sure you use the cream BEFORE you get sore down there!) Patting with TP instead of wiping also helps if you would get sore. Good luck!"

defe July 27, 2015

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Worked as expected. No solid food after dinner two nights before procedure day, clear liquids only, began at 6:00pm, then chased each glass of prep with ginger ale on ice for taste. Important to use straw with prep; helps bypass the taste on tongue. Residual cleansing continued into the night for several hours, but not too inconvenient."

Subaruowner July 16, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I'm 24 and had to take the prep for a colonoscopy. I was able to fairly easy get the first half down with no problem- but really struggled with the second half of the bottle. By the second bottle I was only able to get a few sips down before I threw it up (not a very pleasurable experience). I didn't have any stomach cramping and the prep worked well in clearing out my bowles. As someone else mentioned I did have some chills after taking the prep. Luckily, I was still able to have the procedure done even after only drinking half the recommended dosage. Not a fun experience but it was overall effective! Good luck!"

Nicole104 July 13, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Not bad at all. I really worked myself up with worry over taking a new prep for my 2 colonoscopy. The taste was not wonderful (I gag very easily) but I was able to finish the product. I ate very light for two days before my 'prep day' which I believe really helped the clean out process go much faster. Started my first dose at 6 pm and I was on and off the potty until about 9:30 or so. Second dose started earlier about 6:00 am the day of procedure and I finished at about 11:30. My appt was schedule if 1:30 but I was told to arrive an he earlier. Had no cramping or any side affects during the preparation time. By far this was the easiest preparation for my colonoscopy."

Nancy Holz July 1, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I never review meds, but felt I had to this time. SO many scary and daunting reviews online for this medicine had me absolutely dreading my Colonoscopy prep. Honestly, this prep was totally a breeze. I chilled it first, used a straw, and bit a wedge of lemon before each dose. NO problems getting it ALL down within less than ten minutes for each liter (Split dose regimen). I have a narrowed esophagus and sometimes have a hard time drinking that much even when it's something I really enjoy--so I was surprised that my worst fears didn't come true. My advice is to "just do it". My exam went great, and now onto the victory meal!"

Maida June 29, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I am 51 and am preparing for my first colonoscopy. 20 years ago I had to clear my bowels for a different procedure, and I used "GoLightly." I had to drink one gallon of stuff, and the entire experience was horrible. I am well into my second dose, and I am doing OK. It's not horrible, nor is it pleasant. I chased my gulps with apple juice. As some others have mentioned, the hardest part of the prep is not eating for 32+ hours. Oh well, it could be so much worse. Cheers!!!"

Cmerun6 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I am a 50 yr old RN, took this prior to first colonoscopy. I found this much easier the expected. It doesn't taste great but I recommend you use a big straw to drink- so much faster to get down and you don't really taste it. I plugged nose, drank it and then took sip of Gatorade which eliminated any taste of moviprep. No cramping experienced"

Yogini99 June 5, 2015

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This was much easier than expected. First I went on low fiber diet two days before taking it. One day (from mednight ) before procedure I went on clear liquid diet with no solid food. Then took GL at about 6 PM. No reaction until seventh 8 ounce glass of GL. Then it did the job it's designed to do. No pains or cramps. The solution was cold and I got each glass down as fast as comfortably possible. Taste? I didn't notice anything bad about it and did not add any flavoring. It's like drinking a lot of water. Maybe they should have a beer flavor to make it go down even easier."

GeorgeTheFirst (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2015

For Bowel Preparation: "I have a colonoscopy for my first time tomorrow and right now it is 6pm and still have a liter to go since I started at 10am. It absolutely taste disgusting! I mean it taste like a gallon of sweat! My doctor never told me I can put something in it nor did it come with anything! I haven't gone to the bathroom much though as I expected..cuz people til me I'd be glued to the toilet. I have to get up at 4am to drink the rest by 6am and I am not looking forward to it. Never again! And I aswell suffer from migraines and this does nit help any...ugh."

pinkbaby May 25, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I'm 19 and taking MoviPrep for my first colonoscopy. Or should I say WAS taking it. First glass was terrible but with a plugged nose and a strong chaser, it was possible. The second glass was absolutely horrible. About halfway through it I vomited twice, got the chills and called my Doctor to cancel. I'm rescheduled with a different prep (with only 4 total tablespoons of prep and a ton of water!) The rest of the day my stomach was upset and came close to vomiting multiple times. It's now 12 (did the half a liter at 5) and the bowels just started moving. Would not recommend, it's terrible and there are better alternatives!"

saraaaaaaa May 19, 2015

For Bowel Preparation: "Prescribed to me for my 50 year colonoscopy. Did not add any ingredients just the water mix and chilled in the freezer. Taste was like a flat Sierra Mist diluted with cucumber water. First four glasses I downed no problem. I had three more after that which I paced myself outside of the 8oz every 17 minutes. Finished the whole four liters in three hours roughly, two hours after starting was when the first void hit and afterwards approximately every 15 mins or so until all was clear. No cramping or serious discomfort associated with it, just mild abdominal gurgling and fluidic voids."

Vince E April 23, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Before trying MoviPrep, I initially bought a different laxative that came in a 4L antifreeze-looking bottle. Once I got home and looked at the bottle I was terrified at having to drink 4 liters of the stuff. After further research I found moviprep and was relieved that it was only half that volume. I expected it to taste much worse. It was fairly easy to drink at the start. By the last few glasses, it definitely got a little harder to drink but it was certainly tolerable."

RogerIII April 20, 2015

For Bowel Preparation: "I really was nervous to take, but its super easy. You take the big jug add lemon flavor packet that comes with it, add water leave in fridge for a couple hours. I took 4- 5mg laxatives at 12 and then drank 3/4 of the jug of 3350 at 5pm. Yes I had to use the restroom several times, but it really wasn't that bad. I poured my 8oz into a beer mug, drank it, then refilled it, I probably drank about 5-6 of them and I was done. I worked from my home, did laundry, made dinner and when I had to go I did go. The only thing that was not fun was I had a burning sensation after and from going so much my butt felt tender and irritated. Other than that don't read all the hype. Drink the drink and that's it. If I can do it so can you."

Allybe April 16, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Not bad. forgot the crystal light, and after i started 2nd dose (and it was clearly working by then), i went to a close store to look for it because i was gagging on the taste! No luck. Use a straw and dont breath in when drining if this is you! Almost skipped the 2nd dose because the nurse said 2nd dose in the am. Thankfully i looked at the paper for prep and it said 1st@6p & 2nd @ 8p both night b4. Saw this at 9:30p so i think I am good. I did notice most of you are further apart on dosing. Hope all good. It is amost clear tho...some yellow, but it may be the lemon jello i had for breakfast, lunch, & dinner. No side effects but im 42..not sure if that makes a diff:)."

pangiescolio April 10, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The prep was for my wife who has chronic migraines. A look at the ingredients reveals it contains Aspartame, which can trigger migraines."

Q-tip April 9, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Absolutely fine stuff. It doesn't need anything added to it. I put ice cubes in it and chugged it right down and sipped on it and frankly it was almost good. Definitely not gag worthy and if crystal light were to be included, it would be disgusting. It tastes like lemonade. I really don't think most people need the second day. I took it this morning but only half and let's just say I know what the toilet should look like and it's practically clear. BTW I made turkey broth from scratch and drank that and tea as well as white wine after dinner. (Hey that's a clear juice drink) So don't let people scare you. A nation of wusses, I say."

Annie from EDH April 9, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was given moviprep to prepare my bowel for a colonoscopy. It doesn't taste great. It's quite thick too, a bit like olive oil. I didn't find it too bad. I didn't mix anything with it so if you can't stand it, that may help. I had 2 litres to drink within 24hrs, drinking lots of water in between. It worked very quickly. You'll know you're clear when you're just passing yellow/clear liquid. The worst thing for me was the hunger & I did get sore from 'going' so much. Petroleum jelly on the area helps. The prep worked as I was awake for my colonoscopy & could see on the screen how clean my insides were. Its not a pleasant experience, but Moviprep does the job. My procedure was yesterday & I've had no after effects. Good luck with yours :)"

CharleyA April 9, 2015

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "It's not bad at all! Just drink cold and mix with crystal light lemonade mix! It's just like drinking lemonade or lemon-lime Gatorade. Bowel movement about 30 minutes after first cup. I anticipated it to be so awful but just drink with the crystal light it's fine!!"

LaurieC101183 April 7, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "50 years old, 1st colonoscopy. I scheduled an 8 am exam. I suggestion you have a 11 am exam. You take the 1st packets of A & B for MoviPrep (MP) around 6 pm that night. I suggest you drink about 12 to 16 ounces of water prior to drinking the MP, otherwise it makes you dizzy. Things will start happening between an half to 2 hours later. I probably had 30 flushes of the toilet before I got to bed around 10:30 pm. Had to wake up at 2:30 am for the 2nd batch. Repeated above, but this time I drank it all in about 30 minutes with another 16 ounces of water just prior. Your BM's will be all liquid, at least 40 flushes before I was finished. The urine was bright yellow, like you took a B vitamin. Good stuff!"

Nedley (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Hey, I'm 18 and having a colonoscopy tomorrow. They put me on moviprep and it's working! Started off chasing it with some ginger ale bt after the first 8oz I was gagging. I bought some MELON POWERADE and it went down easy. Just add some ice and mix the moviprep in, and it went down like a charm. I still havnt had the second "installment" at 4am bt I'm sure it'll go down just as easy as the first dose. plain it tastes retched like this lemony salty gooey water but mix it up and you'll be fine."

Jewishandproud March 31, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Mixed feelings - I found the taste not too bad at all and was surprised that I found it easier to drink than I expected. I took it about 100ml at a time and just gulped it down. Started working after 1.5 hours and did its job EXCEPT as last time (I've done this before) I'm still making regular visits to the toilet and have fingers crossed it will stop before I need to leave for the hospital in a couple of hours."

chrisUK March 26, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Well, I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy tomorrow afternoon and have been prescribed Movi-Prep for my preparation. I am a terribly nervous patient and I liked to read up about every single little detail on everything. I read every review on this page, on every other website and many others too and I wanted to give my opinion. Its not as bad as everyone says. It really isn't that bad, the packet recommends every 15 minutes 8oz. I managed 12/13oz every 10 minutes and finished the first litre in half an hour, only because I wanted to pace myself. I could have easily done the litre in the space of ten minutes. Currently waiting for the effects to kick in. Im not overly looking forward to the 6AM litre, but I'm not as terrified as I was today"

PatrickCork March 25, 2015

For Bowel Preparation: "I managed to get the first dose down, but I had to keep fighting the urge to throw up. I was up at 4 AM for my 2nd dose and couldn't keep it down. I took my first sip and promptly threw up. I could keep anything down and was sick for the next 3 hours. I had to cancel my appointment and reschedule it for the following month. The doctor gave me a different product to take and hopefully it will do a better job."

Eddie T (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Hello, just wanted to let everyone know this stuff wasn't bad at all....it didn't even taste horrible. Just had a really strong lemonade taste. No after taste. .just make sure to add lemonade crystal light and chill before taking. Took first dose of 32oz at 1pm...downed it in 10 mins. After started having bowel movements throughout the day. No pain or bloating just lots of intestinal rumbling. My second dose, took at 5am.. this one took a lil bit longer to drink maybe about 40 mins since it was so early...taking the 16oz pf water was much harder. But did it!! Had a few more movements for about 4hrs, and was ready!! I was so terrified the day i picked up the mix literally cried thinking it was going to be bad. But it wasn't. Best prep."

Gio bee March 19, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I started my prep at 10:00 tonight 3/6/2015 late due to the storm and having to travel 6 hours away. First off this isn't my first and won't be my last. I started just on clear liquids on Tuesday so I wouldn't have a lot to come out. So I drank my first liter at 10:00 and not 5 minutes after my first 8 ounces I was in the bathroom. I continued and got both liters down and have had a some ice chips. It's 2:25 AM I am still on the commode and it's a all clear. I did have issues with vomiting this time which is not me I have these at least every three months. But over all, I am now hoping I am on the down side and can lay down and get warm. The chills are the worst."

Prettygirlspoop March 6, 2015