User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Suclear, TriLyte

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes.

Constipation, Chronic 9 reviews 30 medications

8.9
Bowel Preparation 168 reviews 114 medications

7.5
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 3 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 180 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I have had to have several colonoscopies over the years and have always been given picolax. I was slightly concerned with the Moviprep as there was a lot to drink. However if you pace yourself over say an hour its fine make sure its cold and maybe suck a halls menthal sweet with it. It works quickly and much less pain and discomfort than with the Picolax. I had it at 5pm went to the toilet a lot up until about 10pm then actually had a night sleep. Next morning the same amount again, toilet for about another 4 hours then off to the hospital. I seemed to be able to keep more hydrated with this preparation than with the Picolax as I did not feel so rotten and sick. Much more comfortable experience all round."

Moviprep user April 29, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "After 2 days on a low fibre diet, on the 3rd day I mixed this with a small amount of orange squash in the afternoon and kept it in the fridge to chill. I began to drink it a 5pm through a straw, the taste is okay around 7.20pm after drinking water it began to work and boy what a result It felt like a flush of water coming out the other end this lasted until 10.30pm and I went to bed at 11pm no problems slept all night. I had the colonoscopy with gas and air at times it did hurt but keep puffing the gas and air and in no time it was over. Bowel normal thankfully. You will not be allowed to eat after 9am the day before the morning procedure but drink lucozade it fills you up so you don't feel hungry. Moviprep fills you up to it was quite a struggle to keep drinking it all."

Cheshiregirl April 21, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Got this moviprep with no instructions from the hospital. Great... What a good start. Took the first liquid between 8-9 pm and for me it was a bit of a struggle to drink that much ( unless it's wine!) About an hour later was on loo continuously so was working but by 12 I was still running to the loo..... No sleep cause of a bit of a painful tummy and gurgling.... The worst part is the ring sting....ring of fire is an understatement as I think my behind is a volcano now. Took my second lot and am now waiting. Use Vaseline as it does help relieve the burning inferno that is now my backside."

Vicpoop April 13, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "After reading all the horror stories I wanted to cancel procedure so thought I'd share my experience. Honestly NOT THAT BAD! Took as directed, added nothing for flavor. Tasted very salty, just a swig of Apple juice after each 8oz dose, every 15 mins. Had no side effects. No bloating. No gas pains. No discomfort. Had only broth on prep day. Had only a chicken omelet afternoon prior to prep. No cramping with bowel movements. Procedure was a breeze, without the "wind". Hope this helps ease someone's anxiety."

horselover-us March 29, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I had to take my first lot at 7pm and struggled to keep it down tasted vile after an hour it kicked in and I could not move at all of the toilet for five hours I was so exhausted all I wanted was to go to sleep I finally got three hours sleep and woke up running the loo again took my next lot at 6am and had to drink it on the loo for the next six and a half hours again I couldn't move had to ring the hospital to see if it was normal as it was not stopping I hated it most people said after two hours theres stopped but it must not have agreed with me never again will I do that it was awfull everyone is different but just incase this happens to someone else it happened to me to and eventually it did stop an hour before my appt at 1.30pm."

Amyfromengland March 29, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Can't believe all the negative comments. My previous colonoscopy had a vile mixture to take. Moviprep is a breeze. Doesn't taste too bad. Very easy to get down. Started working after 1 hour. No cramps. I think if you follow the directions re what you eat in the days leading up to the procedure you should not have too many problems."

CarolApple March 22, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "My colonoscopy was booked in for late afternoon on a Thursday. The hospital said to stop eating anything from 1pm on the Wednesday and recommended (giving some detail) a non fibre diet from Tuesday evening until Wednesday noon - avoiding dark drinks and jelly (like blackcurrant flavour). Avoid red meat, sausages and pies; fruit, vegetables and salad; potato skins or fries, wholemeal or brown bread; nuts, pulses, baked beans; wholemeal pasta, brown rice; puddings containing fruit or nuts; cakes and biscuits, yoghurts. Preferred are white skinless meat like chicken, grilled or poached fish, cheese, eggs; white bread, pasta, rice; boiled or mashed potatoes, water, fizzy drinks, fruit squash (not blackcurrant), clear soups, tea or coffee, shredless marmalade or jam, ice cream, custard, clear jelly, butter, margarine. The hospital also instructed me to start taking Moviprep, one packet (A + B) at 7pm Wednesday evening; and then another packet (A+B) starting from 6am Thursday. On each occasion I was told to drink the mixture at 250ml a time over 1 to 2 hours. On each occasion I was also to take 500ml of clear water AND to take some sugary drinks to maintain blood sugar levels – non-diet carbonated drinks i.e. Coca Cola, Lucozade, or ginger ale, any other clear sugary fluids such as clear apple juice (but NOT other fruit juices); water alone not being sufficient. A spoonful of honey is suggested if sugary drinks are not liked. On Wednesday evening I mixed the two Moviprep packets (A + B) with 1 litre of water in a large jug. It tasted mildly of lemon but, because of warnings about taste, I downed each 250ml in seconds (rather than sip it) so as not to have to agonise over the taste. Starting at 7am the fourth dose was finished at 8pm. The drug started having an effect at about 7.45pm and thereafter it was a matter of getting to the lavatory frequently and quickly for about 3 to 4 hours. I went to bed at midnight but had to get up again at 2am and two more occasions up to 4am; though not in so much of a hurry. I took the 500ml of water after the final dose and about 250ml of Lucozade after that. I was also told to use, what we in the UK, call vaseline to prevent soreness of skin on the buttocks. This I did not do but regretted it. Just before midnight I was so sore that I did apply some vaseline ready for Thursday morning and it paid dividends. On Thursday morning I went through the same procedure again applying the vaseline again before starting. This time the emissions were yellow and eventually pretty clear. Also the emissions pretty much (though not entirely) finished by 8am, much quicker than the night before. I can only assume there was nothing left to eject. All in all it was not a pleasant chore but a fair price to pay to get the job done."

EnglandJeff (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This medicine is truly foul,, drinking it was far worse then any of the bowel movements that followed but then I never drink fruit flavoured drinks at the best of times or add salt to my food so for me that was the hardest part so far. Drank it through a straw each glass lasting up to 15 mins and then rewarding my self with a 10 min break. Smothered my bottom in Bepanthen nappy cream recommend by the pharmacy at every opportunity and did not experience any soreness. For me it did exactly what it said on the tin. Should be ready to go and as clean as a whistle for my appointment this afternoon. I think it helped by sticking to the suggested food lists and not eating vast amounts after all what goes in has to come out."

mummachief (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Started drinking this concoction and the very first thing that came to mind was "Why does this stuff have to taste so bad? Why can't it have nice chocolate flavor? Is the science that created it incapable? I mean really, does it need to taste like what it is meant to produce?"

Charles R. (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "My appointment was at 0900 this morning. I took 1 dose of Moviprep at 1700 last night and, thereafter, 1.5 litres of water over the course of the evening. The taste is not great but I divided the solution into 3 glasses and committed to finish each glass in one session. To my surprise, I finished all of it in 10 mins. It took about 1 hour to get things moving and after 4 hours, it stopped taking effect. The next dose was taken at 0500 on the day of the appointment (today). Same level of commitment saw it consumed rapidly and it seemed to take effect almost immediately. Two hours later, my bowel was emitting a clear yellow, odourless liquid and within 3 hours, I had dried up. The consultant commented on how clean my bowel was!!"

Darn March 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "HELPFUL TIPS!: -add lemonade flavored crystal light -chase down with Sprite -put Vicks vapor rub up your nose so you can't smell it -do a few enemas in the days leading up to the prep, it will make clean out a heck of a lot easier"

Krista Sfar February 23, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my second colonoscopy. The first was five years ago, and the prep was horrible. This time with Moviprep is a little better: The taste though, for me, is terrible. Too sweet and too salty. I've done the first batch. After 45 minutes, I ran to the bathroom, and I've been in there, pretty much for two hours. During the few minutes I've been away from the toilet, I googled Moviprep and read the experiences. Since I love to eat lemons, I asked my husband to go out for some, and some baby wipes. The toilet part hasn't been too bad (not as bad as the first time). Now I'm back doing the second batch. I tried the straw and the lemons and hooray, they work so much better. I might even be able to get the whole second batch down."

Hawaii here February 19, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This was my 2nd colonoscopy. 1st 10 yrs ago. Prep was a piece of cake back then. Used Movi-prep this time & it was horrible. Too much liquid for a petite woman, bloated like a dead fish & did not work that well. Horrible taste!! Never using this one again. Glad it is "behind" me now!!"

Emptyinside Not (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I wished I hadn't visited this page before taking the MoviPrep because I had no worries until I saw the bad experiences. I have emetiphobia and saw others having chills and cramps, which were the symptoms of some of my worst bouts of digestive distress. I am delighted to say the only unpleasant thing I experience was trying to get so much liquid down, because my wife mixed the prep for me and put 4 ounces too many. Other than that, it almost tasted kind of good. Maybe they've improved the flavor since what some other people experienced? I did have slight cramps while first drinking the morning dose but that could have been the lemon wedges that I later stopped biting because the flavor wasn't an issue."

paranoiddude (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

GaviLyte-N (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I first had a prescription for MoviPrep and went to pick it up. The pharmacist said it was $99 with insurance. I almost fell over and asked him if he would call the Dr. and get something else. He filled a prescription for Gavilyte N (same thing but generic), and it was $4. Really! I did everything that I was supposed to do with a bland diet 2 days before and clear liquids the day before after a bland diet at breakfast. I mixed the prep in the morning and put it in the refrigerator. It was a gallon to be used at one time. I was surprised that it did not taste bad. I did use a straw as others had recommended but took it out of the refrigerator because I was too cold. Worked after 3rd 8 oz cup. Drank about 3 liters, and I was done."

Sparrow540 February 9, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Took first dosage at 6:15pm - NOTHING happened but cramps!!! It's 2:54am and I finished my second dosage and STILL nothing is happening. I'm beyond bloated! Procedure is at 7am. !!!"

Shitdoesnthappen February 6, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "So I'm a 19 year old student trying to discretely do this in a bathroom I share with two others without them finding out I'm having a colonoscopy. Yikes, there's going to be some pretending I'm having a 'long shower'. The first litre isn't horrendous, although I was staring down my last glass for a while before I could stomach it. It doesn't taste horrific, salty and lemony but there's just something about it. I did the first glass in about three gulps, the rest I had to split into a few separate bits. I recommend gulping until you physically can't and then chasing it immediately. Regarding its effectiveness, we will have to see."

UkStudent (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "While Moviprep is okay at clearing the colon for a colonoscopy, there are two major problems with it. First is cost. This prescription medication costs between $80 and $90 WITH insurance, which is outrageous and confiscatory given the ingredients. Second is drinking this vile liquid. It tastes so grotesquely bad, it is nearly impossible to choke down, and you have to drink two liters of it. I wish physicians would prescribe one of less-expensive, more-palatable alternatives."

OceanDreamer (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "I read all these horror stories which freaked me out so I had to break it open and taste it, instead of being stressed for a week. No big whoopdeedoop. Its pretty mild. I think the worst part will be having to drink so much water and pooping for a few hours. I guess some people have very sensitive taste buds."

Michelley (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I'm 29 and this is my second time in less than two months having to take moviprep. They couldn't complete the colonoscopy the first time around. Everyone has different side effects but for me it makes me so sick. I have to get a colonoscopy every two years and this terrifies me. I'm very petite and my stomach just doesn't hold out to 2L of it. I took the first batch at 5pm and took me 2hrs. 2nd batch not so easy. Started at 9pm and it's now 10.30pm and I can't stop vomiting. I've drunk half of the 2nd batch and my bowel is clear so I'm hoping that will be enough for my colonoscopy tomorrow. The no eating and sitting on toilet doesn't bother me at all, I wish there was something less nauseating!"

Lynsxo January 4, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "have a colonoscopy at 7am tomorrow. This is my 2nd time using PEG3350 and this time I made a schedule. Started on the hour, then every 20 mins another 8oz glass. I used a straw while holding nose! Don't let go of nose until glass is empty. I had a small capfull of listerine waiting-- and gargle after every cup you drink! Works like a charm!! After 5th cup the runs will begin! Then don't leave the bathroom-- except to drink every 20 mins! Happy pooping! "

Listerine is the trick December 24, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I started a clean diet a day in a half prior to the procedure. I then made the solution and refrigerated it that morning. I sucked on a lemon slice and then drank the stuff for 4 times every 15 minutes. When finished it took about an additional hour and 15 to start. No problems, worked fine. The trick clear liquids a day and a half prior. Happy squatting to all, and use flushable wipes and end with toilet paper to dry."

Sal Stavia December 22, 2015

For Bowel Preparation: "I have a colonoscopy scheduled. The pharmacist called me and said the prescription that the doctor sent was not covered by my insurance and recommended that I ask the doctor for an alternative. She did and instead of paying $110, I was able to get the same medication in a LARGE plastic bottle for under $10."

taxshero December 15, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I've been constipated for so long and was booked for a colonoscopy to check the reason for this. This Moviprep is fantastic. When I saw my insides on the screen I was amazed at how clean I was inside. Amazing. And the constipation completely cleared. I feel a ton lighter and my tummy has gone right down. I am actually considering using this stuff once a month just to keep my digestion working well and to prevent further constipation issues. Oh and colonoscopy was clear so still no idea why the constipation???? I would definitely recommend Moviprep. Oh but I have had a bit of a headache all day and I felt absolutely freezing after I had finished the liquid. Well worth it though."

DEBATNO4 December 10, 2015

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The first batch was awful! After reading this blog/reviews, for batch #2, I mixed a pkg of crystal lite into each cup and then I sliced a lemon and bit into a slice before drinking thru a straw at the very back of my throat, and then biting the lemon again. This really worked much better. I am almost done."

Mellycat (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2015