User Reviews for Afrin

Learn more about Afrin.

Afrin Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 294 medications used in the treatment of Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Afrin to treat Nasal Congestion

"My new Dr. Recommend I use afin for my sinus congestion, the first time my nose and my throat burned and stinging. Now my throat is sore and I lost my voice. It made my illness worse. I was better of using saline."

Jeanne1963 January 21, 2016

"I have been a satisfied Afrin loyalist for years, but as of today will no longer be able to say the same because the bottles are now outfitted with what appear to be new child protection safety caps, AND THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO OPEN. Impossible. After removing the disposable outer plastic seal (not new), I and another perfectly able adult tried and tried to turn and remove the nozzle cap, without success. Meaning, this new design isn't just a minor hindrance or annoyance; we were NEVER able to open and use the product. It will have to be returned for refund. Disappointing!"

StuffyNosedBW January 17, 2016

"Works when nothing else will. Every time."

eli2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2015

"I have used Afrin for years. Until yesterday, I would have given a much higher review. In the months since last needed it, I found that I had to have it removed from a security box at the register and, in addition to safety seal, one is now required to battle a new safety design to remove the top. I have arthritis and a torn ligament in my hand. I concede victory to the bottle and will switch to a different brand. Parents, if you have young children, please put all medications - including Afrin -out of reach. If you have teenagers, please tell them not to make meth..."

Gillespiegirl November 7, 2015

"This is my favorite cold/sinus medicine. It allows me to sleep at night. Doesn't give me that stuffed up feeling other medicines do."

Anonymous March 30, 2012

"I get recurrent sinus infections and oral medications make me too jittery. This nasal spray within a few minutes has me breathing through my nose again and helps relieve the pressure in my sinuses. My only complaint is the horrible burning and stinging felt when sprayed. Its worth it though."

Anonymous March 2, 2012

"I first found Afrin while in Vegas. I was super stuffed up, worse than ever before. I tried out the Severe Congestion version and it cleared me up almost instantly, it was awesome. This version has a Vicks type chemical which burns big time but only for a moment. The original formula is not like that but works well but not as quick, 5-10 minutes maximum. I have been taking it daily for a year and have had no issues. After reading these articles, I will consult with my doctor. The only side effect I have experienced is the same with every sinus spray, the rebound effect has made the symptoms a little bit worse. "

Anonymous May 28, 2011