User Reviews for OxyIR

Chronic Pain 0 reviews 102 medications

Pain 3 reviews 910 medications

Summary of OxyIR reviews 3 reviews 8.0

Reviews for OxyIR

For Pain: Recently my doctor changed my breakthrough pain medication to Oxycodone 20mg from OxyContin 20mg. Immediately I noticed a huge difference, and for the first time in four years felt that my pain controlled. Now I'm taking OxyContin 80mg twice daily with Oxycodone 20mg every four hours prn. Overall oxycodone provides the quickest and most effective pain control above all oral narcotics I've taken. However I do caution long-term users of increases in tolerance, monitoring if ever more medication is needed to achieve the same effect. I first noticed an increase in my tolerance two weeks of taking 4-6 tabs daily. I gradually increased my dose until I was needing double my starting dose. Within one month my tolerance increased by two-fold.

September 7, 2011 10:15 PM

For Pain: Works well for the pain and works fast, also with IR you know when it is going to take effect.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2011 9:45 PM

Review by VDV:

For Pain: I'm a diabetic with peripheral neuropathy. I was started on 30mg Oxycodone Immediate Release 3 times a day and methadone 10mg 6 times a day. They have both worked wonders! Recently I developed bad infected foot ulcers and now have a hole on the side of my left foot and open sores/wounds at the bottom of both feet and my doctor upped my dosage to 30mg Oxycodone Immediate Release 6 times a day and Methadone 10mg 9 times a day and with the methadone, the Oxycodone has NO "high" effects. I am so happy my quality of life has raised and I am able to walk almost normally with little to no pain during most of the day. I have gone through the withdrawal by missing 5 days of both medications once and it is bad. Other than that, it is a God send!

September 3, 2010 9:43 AM