User Reviews for Olanzapine

Also known as: Zyprexa, Zyprexa Intramuscular, Zyprexa Relprevv, Zyprexa Zydis

Learn more about Olanzapine.

Olanzapine review summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Olanzapine to treat Schizophrenia

Review by Rivvi98 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zyprexa (olanzapine): Kept my schizophrenia in check but way too sedating. Gained 20 pounds in 6 months, hard to wake up in morning, going to try something else.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2014 2:22 PM

Review by Nicholasfromnc:

Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine): Good for emergency situations. Versatile, quick acting, wish it came in 10mg tabs.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2013 3:38 AM

Review by kim from sydney (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zyprexa (olanzapine): I take Zoloft, Zyprexa and dothiepin. All very effective.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2013 9:10 AM

Review by Steven12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zyprexa (olanzapine): I have tried many meds Seroquel, Risperidone, Abilify. Seroquel have me peeing all night long, burning sensation like urinary tract infection. Abilfy sex was good but give me anxiety, fast heart rate, light headed feeling, fainting and insomnia. So far Zyprexa is the best for me. Sex is ok, having problem with sensual sensation, dizzy sometime. Now I am on 2.5 mg I still feel dizzy even without it you feel better if you take the pill. Weight gain 30lb. Triglyceride high.

December 1, 2012 12:39 PM

Review by Unio (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Great results.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2012 7:41 AM

Review by Laserjik (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zyprexa (olanzapine): Got this medicine and was amazed at how I recovered. I wasn't paranoid, was relaxed and loved life. Until I kept taking it for a couple years and all the symptoms returned I now am withdrawing, which is a nightmare.

August 23, 2012 11:40 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zyprexa (olanzapine): Controlled my thought process, moods and hallucinations, helped my insomnia.

July 19, 2012 6:34 PM

Review by 27yearoldmale:

Zyprexa (olanzapine): I take 7.5mg a day for schizophrenia, I have only been on this medicine for 5 weeks but it has helped me immensely with both negative and positive symptoms. I have gained weight but its a small price to pay for some peace of mind, honestly couldn't be more grateful for this medicine.

June 19, 2012 8:36 AM

Review by DatMexicanLalo:

Zyprexa (olanzapine): Before I took Zyprexa I was hallucinating due to lack of sleep and exhaustion. While I was hospitalized I denied my medication and wouldn't take it but as soon as I took Zyprexa and Remeron my sleep got better. I stopped hallucinating & hearing things. Thanks to my medication I haven't been hospitalized for psychosis since I've been given Zyprexa.

April 4, 2012 10:12 PM

Review by bww7:

Zyprexa (olanzapine): The medicine brought my wife's symptoms under control finally. Was very sedating to the tune of her sleeping 14 hours per day. We are trying Invega instead but Zyprexa is always the fallback plan because it works.

March 4, 2012 10:12 PM

Zyprexa (olanzapine): I am currently on Zyprexa and I have been using it for a year. My life completely changed. I have less fear and I am more relaxed. The only thing though is I experienced fatigue whenever I woke up. But so far, the results were great! My doctor did a good job!

August 7, 2011 2:14 PM

Review by yhmya:

Zyprexa (olanzapine): This drug may be that comes from Heaven, but you must have insight in order to you may have no barrier to take this nearly perfect drug.

October 22, 2009 11:45 AM

Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine): I like it that it dissolves in your mouth just like M&M's, but I don't like the tranquilization of this medication.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2009 2:55 AM

Review by Rol:

Zyprexa (olanzapine): I found the disintegrating velotab very easy to swallow, but the medication was too sedating.

July 24, 2009 12:32 AM

Review by Standingfirm:

Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine): So far after 3 weeks this medication is assisting my son to gain clarity, stop hearing voices and it has helped to ensure that he gets the medicines into his system.

February 23, 2009 6:33 PM

Zyprexa (olanzapine): I've been taking Zyprexa for just over a year now and have seen dramatic improvements in my life. I used to be incredibly paranoid of people, was hearing voices and was delusional about my physical health. I'm on 20mgs of Zyprexa and most of my symptoms have cleared. Some of them remain, but they're much more tolerable than they used to be. The only drawbacks I have noticed are weight gain and slowed reactions but I'd rather live through those side effects than experience what I did before treatment.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 18, 2009 7:07 PM

Zyprexa (olanzapine): This medication killed my schizophrenia in two months. But I gained 20 pounds which is okay considering I was a little underweight. The worst side effect was that my eyes would not move. Finally a doctor told me to cut down my dosage from 10 mg to 5 mg and this lowered the occurence. When I lowered it to 2.5 mg the side effect completely went away. Now I feel great and the schizophrenia is still gone. I recommend Zyprexa but the doctor has to be really careful with the dosage.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2009 11:24 PM

Zyprexa (olanzapine): I don't hear voices any more.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2008 5:18 PM

Review by Kessler:

Pros: Olanzapine controls conversations in my head to clear thoughts, working exstremely well. I have taken Olanzapine for the majority of ten years, nothing else works as good for me. Cons: I gained weight at the begining of treatment (eating too much) because of hunger sensation, but this subsides. I have neck stiffness - this may not be connected to treatment, also irregular heart beat (not serious), I think this is probably unconnected to treatment.

February 25, 2008 7:49 PM