User Reviews for Olanzapine

Also known as: Zyprexa, Zyprexa Intramuscular, Zyprexa Relprevv, Zyprexa Zydis

Learn more about Olanzapine.

Olanzapine Review Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 57 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Olanzapine to treat Schizophrenia

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "This drug has turned down the volume on a lot of my voices. Which is great. I sleep better and take more naps during the day. Also notice my appetite increased which is where I think people mean they gain weight on this med. I just exercise an hour a day. My mood is kinda flat lined."

schizoeffective (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2015

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "Everything is worse so much worse this medicine has intensified everything and I have a ton of side effects"

Sick within well it's mine (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine): "Made me dizzy."

justin4939 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2015

"Works great for schizophrenia like symptoms, still have some traces of voices however but the symptoms are VERY suppressed and not noticeable. The medication changed my aggression symptoms into neutral/muted emotions. Sex drive is completely gone. Cannot have orgasms and I gained 30 pounds in a month. I have a problem controlling my eating on this medication. I barely feel the sedation from whence I had first started. I highly recommend this medication for psychotic symptoms. I am currently on 20 mg per day before bed."

jl4190 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "Kept my schizophrenia in check but way too sedating. Gained 20 pounds in 6 months, hard to wake up in morning, going to try something else."

Rivvi98 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2014

Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine): "Good for emergency situations. Versatile, quick acting, wish it came in 10mg tabs."

Nicholasfromnc November 23, 2013

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "I take Zoloft, Zyprexa and dothiepin. All very effective."

kim from sydney (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 10, 2013

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "I have tried many meds Seroquel, Risperidone, Abilify. Seroquel have me peeing all night long, burning sensation like urinary tract infection. Abilfy sex was good but give me anxiety, fast heart rate, light headed feeling, fainting and insomnia. So far Zyprexa is the best for me. Sex is ok, having problem with sensual sensation, dizzy sometime. Now I am on 2.5 mg I still feel dizzy even without it you feel better if you take the pill. Weight gain 30lb. Triglyceride high."

Steven12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2012

"Great results."

Unio (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2012

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "Got this medicine and was amazed at how I recovered. I wasn't paranoid, was relaxed and loved life. Until I kept taking it for a couple years and all the symptoms returned I now am withdrawing, which is a nightmare. "

Laserjik (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2012

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "Controlled my thought process, moods and hallucinations, helped my insomnia."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2012

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "I take 7.5mg a day for schizophrenia, I have only been on this medicine for 5 weeks but it has helped me immensely with both negative and positive symptoms. I have gained weight but its a small price to pay for some peace of mind, honestly couldn't be more grateful for this medicine."

27yearoldmale June 19, 2012

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "Before I took Zyprexa I was hallucinating due to lack of sleep and exhaustion. While I was hospitalized I denied my medication and wouldn't take it but as soon as I took Zyprexa and Remeron my sleep got better. I stopped hallucinating & hearing things. Thanks to my medication I haven't been hospitalized for psychosis since I've been given Zyprexa."

DatMexicanLalo April 4, 2012

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "The medicine brought my wife's symptoms under control finally. Was very sedating to the tune of her sleeping 14 hours per day. We are trying Invega instead but Zyprexa is always the fallback plan because it works."

bww7 March 4, 2012

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "I am currently on Zyprexa and I have been using it for a year. My life completely changed. I have less fear and I am more relaxed. The only thing though is I experienced fatigue whenever I woke up. But so far, the results were great! My doctor did a good job!"

Anonymous August 7, 2011

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "This drug may be that comes from Heaven, but you must have insight in order to you may have no barrier to take this nearly perfect drug."

yhmya October 22, 2009

Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine): "I like it that it dissolves in your mouth just like M&M's, but I don't like the tranquilization of this medication."

Anonymous August 7, 2009

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "I found the disintegrating velotab very easy to swallow, but the medication was too sedating."

Rol July 24, 2009

Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine): "So far after 3 weeks this medication is assisting my son to gain clarity, stop hearing voices and it has helped to ensure that he gets the medicines into his system. "

Standingfirm February 23, 2009

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "I've been taking Zyprexa for just over a year now and have seen dramatic improvements in my life. I used to be incredibly paranoid of people, was hearing voices and was delusional about my physical health. I'm on 20mgs of Zyprexa and most of my symptoms have cleared. Some of them remain, but they're much more tolerable than they used to be. The only drawbacks I have noticed are weight gain and slowed reactions but I'd rather live through those side effects than experience what I did before treatment."

Anonymous January 18, 2009

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "This medication killed my schizophrenia in two months. But I gained 20 pounds which is okay considering I was a little underweight. The worst side effect was that my eyes would not move. Finally a doctor told me to cut down my dosage from 10 mg to 5 mg and this lowered the occurence. When I lowered it to 2.5 mg the side effect completely went away. Now I feel great and the schizophrenia is still gone. I recommend Zyprexa but the doctor has to be really careful with the dosage."

Anonymous January 1, 2009

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zyprexa (olanzapine): "I don't hear voices any more."

Anonymous October 3, 2008

"Pros: Olanzapine controls conversations in my head to clear thoughts, working exstremely well. I have taken Olanzapine for the majority of ten years, nothing else works as good for me. Cons: I gained weight at the begining of treatment (eating too much) because of hunger sensation, but this subsides. I have neck stiffness - this may not be connected to treatment, also irregular heart beat (not serious), I think this is probably unconnected to treatment."

Kessler February 25, 2008