User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Naproxen review summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 340 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Naproxen to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Review by Thib (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

naproxen: I only use when doing physical activity

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 12, 2014 7:03 PM
Review by katz_trippin (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

naproxen: This pill is a super strength Rx form of Aleve. If you have chronic pain it's good for inflammation of the joints that narcotic meds just cover up. Take them for breakthrough pain prn with food. They can be hard on your tummy like Tylenol type meds. I've lived with severe pain since 1989. In 2003 I was crushed between my back bumper of my car after running outta gas and the front grill of a Blazer SUV. My left leg was degloved. After a long hospital stay and many surgeries they saved my leg by reconstruction. I finally found a pain management Dr after jumping thru lots of hoops. I always fear loosing my meds before. I get where I no longer needs. them one day ( I hope). Good luck to those that aren't so fortunate as to find a compassionate Dr.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 8, 2013 12:40 AM
Review by owlcollector (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

naproxen: I started taking this medicine about 6 months ago. I was recently hospitalized for blood in my stools. It was found out that Naproxen was the cause. I will have to find another medicine to help with my rheumatoid arthritis. I was not aware of the side effects. I believe that this information should be more and more publicized.

February 28, 2013 9:07 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Aleve (naproxen): I started taking Aleve for my Arthritis in my hand and the pain was gone but after taking it for about 8 days I noticed swelling in my feet, which was abnormal for me. I am 34 and in good health and have never had swollen feet. I then noticed the next day my feet and hands were swollen. I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized I was allergic to the Aleve. I stopped taking it and haven't had swelling since.

November 22, 2011 6:13 PM
Review by bigtruckerbm: User Rating:

Aleve (naproxen): I just starting to take Aleve, I take one every morning. So far no bad side effects. It sure has improve my joint pain and stiffness.

February 20, 2010 2:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Aleve (naproxen): Killed my stomach. Never had problems before taking this and I took Aleve with food.

January 10, 2010 6:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

naproxen: I have not had any side effects that I know of and I have been on this for about 2 years. It help's keep the pain away for a while and when it is bad it takes the sharp edge off the pain but I also use a hot water bottle for ease and comfort when it is bad.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 8, 2009 11:47 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Naprosyn (naproxen): I've had RA for 4 years. 500mg naproxen tablets were my first treatment. They definitely helped the day get better and be able to function daily. However, they did not stop the morning stiffness and pain or the build up of inflamation in my body. I definitely needed a more serious drug to stop the progression of the disease.

November 3, 2009 6:27 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

naproxen: This is like a miracle drug. I couldn't even get out of bed without pain. Now I am pain free. Awesome

October 17, 2009 9:31 PM
Review by jadou: User Rating:

Aleve (naproxen): I have been using Aleve for about 6 months. This medicine helps relieve all my aches and pains. I'm 68 and working in food industry. Although I experience severe body and joint pains on a daily basis I take one Aleve on the days I work and can put in 4 to 6 hours pain free. I have not suffered any side effects so far. So far none of the other medicines I have tried have been as effective as Aleve.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 29, 2009 10:15 PM
Review by Cherokee Princess: User Rating:

naproxen: These pills are helping me with arthritis. I have arthritis all over the place. From my upper back all the way to my legs.

December 13, 2008 7:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

naproxen: Works well on inflammation, however I get a shortness of breath when I go for a run (this might not be related).

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 2, 2008 5:14 PM

naproxen: I recently had my meniscus removed from my knee and am now dealing with arthritis in the knee which is hampering my recovery. I started on naproxen and didn't realize how helpful it's been until I switched to a cream version. Within a day I was in constant pain and could not exercise at all. I went back on the pill form and was back walking nearly normal before the 2nd dose.

September 19, 2008 2:49 PM

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Got questions about Rheumatoid Arthritis? Get answers from our expert Dr. Carteron. Click Here