User Reviews for Minoxidil

Also known as: Hair Regrowth Treatment for Men, Hair Regrowth Treatment for Women, Rogaine, Rogaine Extra Strength, Rogaine Men's Extra Strength, Rogaine Women's, Ronoxidil

Learn more about Minoxidil.

Alopecia 36 reviews 14 medications

7.2
Summary of Minoxidil reviews 36 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Minoxidil

For Alopecia: "working great"

shiva sahu (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2016

For Alopecia: "Please be careful. I used the 4% for 2 months and my blood pressure went up toe 258!. It worked on my hair, but I was dizzy and had headaches. When I figured out what was going on, I washed my hair and stopped using it. I could not find the blood pressure warning in the current literature but found it in a 2003 medical blog. Rogaine has not been tested on people over 65, and in rare cases it can raise your blood pressure. In 4 days since stopping, my pressure is going down and currently is in the 150's. The 2003 blog said it would take between 1-2 months to be completely out of your system. I would recommend anyone with high blood pressure, to stay away from it."

sunnygbird March 11, 2016

Rogaine Women's (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I have been using the 5% minoxodil for 4 months now, and I have all kinds of new little hairs. A lot of them are coming in very dark. The top of my scalp is already much fuller."

I am so pleasantly surprised (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I noticed after I had finished my chemo and got rid of my hep c type 6c . I started seeing lots of hair on the bathroom floor after blow drying. It was coming out in droves, mainly from the front and sides . This was in 2012, sep My hairline was receding, I started getting bald spots in the front and sides. I also noticed that my hair was very weak.I started using Rogain 2012 I saw an advertisement about Rogine for men. I was 63 at the time . Before my chemo I had lots of hair. When I picked up the box I read on the box that it will not grow hair on the frontal lob. I said to myself this will work, the same way I said about my chemo. Well it did work front and sides. Made my hair stronger too"

Scorp077 February 26, 2016

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I started to notice thinning in the front of my hair in my late 30's. Recently it was more than I wanted. So I went to a major pharmacy and retail chain and purchased the generic Rogain extra strength. For the first month there was no change. But I heard that it really doesn't start working until the second month of applying it to your scalp. Next week is officially month two. I applied Rogaine twice a day, once in the morning, and once before I went to bed. This last week I noticed more hair growth. It works. Granted it wasn't like I suddenly had the hair of a 15 year old boy. Where my hair was thinning it has grown in and the folicles appear thicker. I gave it a 7 out of ten, because the growth is not a huge amount, but there is some"

Typical Male (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

Rogaine Men's Extra Strength (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "This was recommended by my dermatologist. I've been using rogaine for about ten years, I think I am getting results so l have stuck with it for so long. Although it improves the health of the thinning areas and may even slow down the process of male pattern baldness, l don't see any hard evidence that dead hair follicles are revitalized. In fact it is my belief that once a hair follicle dies, like anything else, it dies. l'm 59, and l believe my hair still looks good feels good and the balding process has been at the very least slowed to an acceptable level."

ray267 February 11, 2016

For Alopecia: "Amazing. But do not over dose your scalp. I was impatient and used four droppers and it works SO well. Then I went back to the proper directions. I want this product. If side effects it may be the cleaning. It helps clean the clogged follicle from fungus? Or what? Anyone know? My hair is much much better. Feels like hair Not Fuzz. I bought mine CASH!! Well worth it. Several bottles in case misused I'm not deprived from its amazing benefits. "

Hope Graham (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

Rogaine Women's (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I have been losing my hair gradually for the last 10 years my hairdresser said something about it then I started noticing my hair was falling out by the handfuls so I got a little nervous and bought Rogaine for women wow this stuff is amazing I can't believe how thick my hair is after all these years I don't know why I didn't try this product sooner but now I am and I'm glad I did I haven't had any side effects from it all go I highly recommend washing your hands after applying it to your hair to prevent transferring it onto your face"

Annemarie1968 January 25, 2016

Rogaine Extra Strength (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "When I used rogain for the first time I instantly started to see results within 2 weeks My hair was filling in and strengthening but when I reached my third bottle in the case, I notice it smelled a little stronger then the others did and it dried and made my hair weaker then slowly start to fall out."

Cajuan January 9, 2016

For Alopecia: "Used as directed for six months and saw no results whatsoever. Don't waste your money."

Cornie December 16, 2015

For Alopecia: "I have used MX-2 for 1 year . my hair volume increased,. when i stopped using solution my hair again started falling and my hair line is going back,no use using all dat stuff"

niri (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 28, 2015

For Alopecia: "I started plucking out my eyebrows when I was 14 (15 years ago) and when I was about 17,they completely stopped growing back! I have been contemplating getting my eyebrows tattooed for a while now. About 3 weeks ago, I started reading reviews and advice about Minoxidil and if it might actually help me after this many years. I decided, what the heck, it can't hurt! I bought Equate Minoxidil 5% (for men) and I've been really strict on my routine. After about a week, I thought my mind was playing tricks on me bc I started seeing very fine tiny blonde hairs growing. Then,after the second week, I definitely saw them growing! I'm so stoked and I highly recommend Minoxidil(generic is just as good as Rogaine). :-)"

AshleyAndJJ (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2015

Rogaine Women's (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "This product has been great. Because my hair is short, and my condition was not extreme, my product has lasted about 6 months before running out. I used as directed at the beginning using daily, then backed off to every other day. Hair is getting thick and edges filling in."

Val's Hair September 28, 2015

For Alopecia: "31yrs old, single. Slowly been losing hair for 10 years, but last couple years very noticeable. It makes me very self conscious because I was always the best looking guy most places I would go,but I was starting to feel ugly, lost my swag and its all because of hair loss. I think about it 24/7 of everyday. I've tried everything to try and stop it from serums, the lasercomb, propecia. 5 months ago I decided I would try one last thing or just accept my thining head of hair and hope I would find a girl that was ok with the top of my head turning into a horseshoe of baldness. I had an initial shed which was tough to go through but I can tell its working and I am so happy, I will continue with it and hope it keeps getting better."

thining hair September 22, 2015

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I have been using rogaine foam for 4 months. It is unbelievable how much this stuff has worked for me, it took 4 months to really be able to tell. I use twice a day. I had thin hair all over and have applied all over my scalp and in most places it is now a little bit thicker. I wear my hat less. Slowly gaining confidence back, I'm excited everyday when I wake up to see a fuller head of hair rather then cringing at the mirror first thing in the morning."

30 yrs old September 13, 2015

For : "i applied minoxidil gel 5% only two times once at night and once in the morning on my beard i suffered from the systemic side effects Dizzeness , headache , fatigue , blurred vision and blood pressure lowering i dont think i applied an over dose any way i stopped it immediately and won`t try it again very bad experience"

Gego June 1, 2015

For Alopecia: "I have had an amazing experience with the introduction of minoxidil to my hair loss regiment. I use this medication in conjunction with, Saw Palmetto (oral), Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) and biotin. The laser and Saw Palmetto was effective in curbing the loss and gaining some slow regrowth. I noticed a huge spike in re growth and my hairline returned to normal after 3 months on minoxidil. The over all volume, density and hair strength has changed. Also, the amount of hair I lose now is minimal with the minoxidil added. I have been suffering from mild AG for about 2 years. Luckily, the minoxidil was the master at getting all of my hair back. The other treatments helped but the minoxidil is the work horse."

Gramjé (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2015

For Alopecia: "I have had thin fine hair all my life then at 55 my hairdresser said I was losing it. I got rogaine and wish now I had 20 years ago. My hair is thicker from more hair. I use men because it is 5%. Show me a study anywhere that women's rogaine needs to be lower. The assumption they make is it will drop womens BP too much. In fact I have high blood pressure take medicine for it and the 5% has given me nothing but full hair. I started using it 5 months ago and started getting results showing at 2 months. I had a friend that I could see her scalp and she started on 5%. It is about 5 weeks and already her scalp is getting better. I have no side effects but she says her scalp tingles."

marytexas55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2015

For Alopecia: "I have discontinued use of contraception pill and started losing hair at crazy rate, it was too depressing seeing all my long brautiful hair disappear. I have never experienced shedding like this not after both my pregnancies. Just a week ago finally consulted a hairloss proffessional, who recommended Minoxidil. Its not my imagination!!! Shedding is slowing down and its been a week. Use twice daily. I find thou I need to apply couple hours before washing my hair as it makes it look greasy"

Marynabod (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

For Alopecia: "I only used Rogaine for 2 days. At the end of my second day I developed a headache, I took an Excedrin and my headache became a full blown migraine, I broke out in a cold sweat and got shaky. I then realized the Rogaine has a drug interaction with both the asprin and acetaminophen in the Excedrin. I had to wait it out. As a migraine sufferer I cannot use this drug for the side effects. I am so disappointed. I purchased the 3 month supply."

natstruffle (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2015

For Alopecia: "I have only been using Rogaine for two months now, but I can tell that it is working. A few things I have learned: do not overuse this product! Stick to the 1 ml regardless if you have hair loss all over or not! It's not worth the side effects. I wasn't sure how much to be applying because I know they say only use 1 ml, but since I have diffuse thinning all over, I feel like I need to apply it in back as well. Anyway I am going to use less of it and try to apply more evenly. I hear that it works all over regardless of how much you apply, hope this is true. I have headaches if I use too much. "

Rose30 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2014

170 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alopecia: "IT WORKS, I am 21. You may have hair fall at the starting stage but it may be a good sign because you are gaining new hair strands losing the older one. I saw the improvement within 3 weeks, I was losing less hair than before. Just apply twice a day, remember don't let it spread over parts other than your scalp. Apply before about 2 hours before you go to bed at night, let your scalp dry first. Shampoo before you apply (not every time) and let it dry. And it will work best then. But get familiar with it's side effects too. I don't know about others but yes I am developing dark circles around my eyes since the day I started applying it."

musiclinda November 3, 2014

125 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I was almost bald from front and middle of the head. My hairs were so thin and very very weak. I had my wedding after 5 months, so I was so worried. I started using minoxidil, Finax tablets after consulting a dermatologist. After 3-4 weeks my hair started to fall more quickly as told by doc. After using 3 months (liquid 2 times a day, tab 1 time) my head was full of hair except the very front area. It was so dense as it used to be in my school days. As the session ended again I visited the doc. He suggested to use a mild shampoo named "Seren" and to continue in the same ways for next 3 months. After 6 months it was so thick that my friends who met me after months told that hey buddy are you wearing a wig."

sssssssss October 31, 2014

143 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alopecia: "My dermatologist recommended that I use 5% minoxidil for hereditary hair loss. I had difficulty finding a product but finally located one for women with this higher percentage. I used it around 9:00 AM and within an hour became nauseous. I am in my third day of trying to recover from the effects of minoxidil and although the nausea has lessened, I'm still not feeling up to par. On the first evening after using minoxidil, two of my fingers turned a dark blue and reddish color around my knuckles. After around 3 hours the color dissipated. "

Kaybeemer02 August 18, 2014

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For : "I am a 21 year old female, and losing so much hair so quickly was EXTREMELY agitating and quite depressing. I have always had very thin hair but I never expected to have bald spots by such a young age. After many Doctor visits they told me I had acquired a fungal scalp infection! I was devastated...DO NOT SHARE TOWELS, COMBS, HAIR BRUSHES, HATS WITH ANYONE! After a month of anti fungal medicine my Doctor prescribed me Minoxodil. "

Moondreamz3 July 31, 2014