Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Minoxidil

Also known as: Hair Regrowth Treatment for Women, Rogaine, Rogaine Extra Strength, Rogaine Men's Extra Strength, Rogaine Women's, Ronoxidil

Learn more about Minoxidil.

Alopecia 14 reviews 29 medications

7.5
Summary of Minoxidil reviews 14 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Minoxidil

Review by Kaybeemer02:

For Alopecia: My dermatologist recommended that I use 5% minoxidil for hereditary hair loss. I had difficulty finding a product but finally located one for women with this higher percentage. I used it around 9:00 AM and within an hour became nauseous. I am in my third day of trying to recover from the effects of minoxidil and although the nausea has lessened, I'm still not feeling up to par. On the first evening after using minoxidil, two of my fingers turned a dark blue and reddish color around my knuckles. After around 3 hours the color dissipated.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2014 9:58 AM

Review by Moondreamz3:

For : I am a 21 year old female, and losing so much hair so quickly was EXTREMELY agitating and quite depressing. I have always had very thin hair but I never expected to have bald spots by such a young age. After many Doctor visits they told me I had acquired a fungal scalp infection! I was devastated...DO NOT SHARE TOWELS, COMBS, HAIR BRUSHES, HATS WITH ANYONE! After a month of anti fungal medicine my Doctor prescribed me Minoxodil.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2014 4:23 PM

Review by JerryComedian (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: I bought a 3 month supply and used it as directed. I got a buzz cut before I started applying Rogaine so all my new hair could grow with the old hair. After 6 months, my hair was fuller, thicker, and my bald spot was filled in with my own, NEW hair. I felt like a new man. Then, I stopped using Rogaine, (because I had new hair growth & was satisfied), and within a few months, all my NEW hair (and then some) fell out in the shower, combing & brushing my hair, and regular daily activities. Now, I've decided to lose my hair with grace. Rogaine WORKS, but DON'T STOP USING IT OR YOUR HAIR WILL FALL OUT!!

July 20, 2014 11:08 PM

Review by GDawg (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Alopecia: I rate this 10/10 because I started using it with no preconceptions that I would have a full head of hair within a week. I used this for about a month before I got my first compliment after 3 months use (2xday) I saw my family and they all thought I had had a hair transplant, although the front of my head is still hairless the back of my hair is very much thicker. All in all I would say this works if you are looking to thicken up the hair you have remaining.

April 10, 2014 10:48 AM

Review by Aerospace747 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Alopecia: I started using this medication prescribed by my PCP in June of 2011, and it helped get some of my hair back that had thinned and was falling out in a small front area of my head. However I'm still taking 2.5mg once a day, and I would say the effects of it are not as good as it used to be, however it continues to help a little by maintaining any more hair lose.

March 21, 2014 2:07 AM

Review by jahe:

For Alopecia: I have used this Rogaine for about 8 weeks and I had to stop because it caused facial hair.

December 11, 2013 6:45 PM

Review by Mel (27 yrs old) (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Alopecia: I started using Rogaine about 6 months ago and I stopped because I saw hair on my cheeks :( I tried other stuff like vitamins shampoo, Rosemary oil, etc. Nothing was working, matter of fact my hair kept falling. My family comes from very thin hair and hair loss. Double negative! I'm only 27 and on top of my scalp is so thin. I read Rogaine reviews and I decided I was going to give it a dedicated try. It's been about 3 months. I use more than the dosage and geeez do I see hair on my face. lol I'm laughing because I now trim my face. My eyebrows grow so fregen fast and they're SUPER FULL! My eyelashes seem longer and now I have side burns lol. Oh goodness. Do I see more hair on my scalp? Hell yea! not enough though. I need more!

November 5, 2013 1:19 AM

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: This will work if you are patient. I kept on losing my hair until I tried Rogaine. It was the only thing that saved me from losing most of my hair. I was hesitant to use this at first and did not see signs of regrowth until 7 months. I kept on using this product and all my hair grew back in. I can only suggest you try this, I know how hard it is to look in the mirror everyday and see more and more hair loss. Using Rogaine brought not only back my hair but my self confidence.

October 12, 2013 9:53 AM

Review by catnotdog:

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: It works, just be patient. Been using it for 8 months, and my hair is thicker. I use it twice a day.

August 17, 2013 8:36 AM

Rogaine Men's Extra Strength (minoxidil) for Alopecia: Product works for me, was very dubious but decided to try it as a last ditch attempt before an FUE hair transplant. Don't need a transplant now I am thrilled to say! New fine hairs started to grow after five weeks and didn't notice any shedding at all. Best to keep track with a shaving mirror. Now at three months and my old hairline is returning which is almost beyond belief! My only fear is that this progress will slow but I am keeping fingers crossed, things are looking good and the fine hairs are thickening and darkening.

February 27, 2012 3:48 PM

Review by Dirogo:

Rogaine Women's (minoxidil) for Alopecia: Fantastic- you can no longer see my scalp in the front. I am going to try it on my eyebrows! It's not often a product works as promised- but it did for me. I lost hair at 50 and am now 54. I will continue to use Rogaine for women.

November 11, 2011 11:09 AM

Review by regret:

Rogaine Men's Extra Strength (minoxidil) for : After three days use I started having large red bumps on the back of my hair line and on my neck. Also chest pain the three nights. I stopped using it then, hopefully it will be corrected in a few days.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2011 9:35 PM

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: Did not work well in the spots where I rubbed, but noticed extra rapid growth of facial hair, nose hair, eye brows and ear hair. A few unpigmented hairs grew on hairline where it was one full, but they were not very strong/healthy.

January 29, 2011 2:53 PM

For Alopecia: Works but is a lifelong hassle.

March 20, 2010 10:14 PM

Review by tom hellmue:

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: I started treatment 6 months ago and have been rubbing this on my head twice daily. I have new hair growing on the top of my head and it is noticeable although it is very thin (partly because I'm blond). As for the front right and left I can see white peach fuzz. Overall for me and I stress me the cost vs results are unbalanced. I would recommend for others, as it does work but, takes a long time and is costly.

November 25, 2009 2:16 PM

Review by lee k:

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: This product brought new growth. It took a little while but have regrown hair back and front. I was having great anxiety over hair loss because I am only 22, however I feel so much better and look like my old self again. Would recommend.

145 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 12, 2008 2:13 PM