User Reviews for Minoxidil

Also known as: Hair Regrowth Treatment for Women, Rogaine, Rogaine Extra Strength, Rogaine Men's Extra Strength, Rogaine Women's, Ronoxidil

Learn more about Minoxidil.

Alopecia 21 reviews 13 medications

7.3
Summary of Minoxidil reviews 21 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Minoxidil

For : "i applied minoxidil gel 5% only two times once at night and once in the morning on my beard i suffered from the systemic side effects Dizzeness , headache , fatigue , blurred vision and blood pressure lowering i dont think i applied an over dose any way i stopped it immediately and won`t try it again very bad experience"

Gego June 1, 2015

For Alopecia: "I have had an amazing experience with the introduction of minoxidil to my hair loss regiment. I use this medication in conjunction with, Saw Palmetto (oral), Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) and biotin. The laser and Saw Palmetto was effective in curbing the loss and gaining some slow regrowth. I noticed a huge spike in re growth and my hairline returned to normal after 3 months on minoxidil. The over all volume, density and hair strength has changed. Also, the amount of hair I lose now is minimal with the minoxidil added. I have been suffering from mild AG for about 2 years. Luckily, the minoxidil was the master at getting all of my hair back. The other treatments helped but the minoxidil is the work horse."

Gramjé (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2015

For Alopecia: "I have had thin fine hair all my life then at 55 my hairdresser said I was losing it. I got rogaine and wish now I had 20 years ago. My hair is thicker from more hair. I use men because it is 5%. Show me a study anywhere that women's rogaine needs to be lower. The assumption they make is it will drop womens BP too much. In fact I have high blood pressure take medicine for it and the 5% has given me nothing but full hair. I started using it 5 months ago and started getting results showing at 2 months. I had a friend that I could see her scalp and she started on 5%. It is about 5 weeks and already her scalp is getting better. I have no side effects but she says her scalp tingles."

marytexas55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2015

For Alopecia: "I have discontinued use of contraception pill and started losing hair at crazy rate, it was too depressing seeing all my long brautiful hair disappear. I have never experienced shedding like this not after both my pregnancies. Just a week ago finally consulted a hairloss proffessional, who recommended Minoxidil. Its not my imagination!!! Shedding is slowing down and its been a week. Use twice daily. I find thou I need to apply couple hours before washing my hair as it makes it look greasy"

Marynabod (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

For Alopecia: "I only used Rogaine for 2 days. At the end of my second day I developed a headache, I took an Excedrin and my headache became a full blown migraine, I broke out in a cold sweat and got shaky. I then realized the Rogaine has a drug interaction with both the asprin and acetaminophen in the Excedrin. I had to wait it out. As a migraine sufferer I cannot use this drug for the side effects. I am so disappointed. I purchased the 3 month supply."

natstruffle (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2015

For Alopecia: "I have only been using Rogaine for two months now, but I can tell that it is working. A few things I have learned: do not overuse this product! Stick to the 1 ml regardless if you have hair loss all over or not! It's not worth the side effects. I wasn't sure how much to be applying because I know they say only use 1 ml, but since I have diffuse thinning all over, I feel like I need to apply it in back as well. Anyway I am going to use less of it and try to apply more evenly. I hear that it works all over regardless of how much you apply, hope this is true. I have headaches if I use too much. "

Rose30 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2014

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alopecia: "IT WORKS, I am 21. You may have hair fall at the starting stage but it may be a good sign because you are gaining new hair strands losing the older one. I saw the improvement within 3 weeks, I was losing less hair than before. Just apply twice a day, remember don't let it spread over parts other than your scalp. Apply before about 2 hours before you go to bed at night, let your scalp dry first. Shampoo before you apply (not every time) and let it dry. And it will work best then. But get familiar with it's side effects too. I don't know about others but yes I am developing dark circles around my eyes since the day I started applying it."

musiclinda November 3, 2014

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I was almost bald from front and middle of the head. My hairs were so thin and very very weak. I had my wedding after 5 months, so I was so worried. I started using minoxidil, Finax tablets after consulting a dermatologist. After 3-4 weeks my hair started to fall more quickly as told by doc. After using 3 months (liquid 2 times a day, tab 1 time) my head was full of hair except the very front area. It was so dense as it used to be in my school days. As the session ended again I visited the doc. He suggested to use a mild shampoo named "Seren" and to continue in the same ways for next 3 months. After 6 months it was so thick that my friends who met me after months told that hey buddy are you wearing a wig."

sssssssss October 31, 2014

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alopecia: "My dermatologist recommended that I use 5% minoxidil for hereditary hair loss. I had difficulty finding a product but finally located one for women with this higher percentage. I used it around 9:00 AM and within an hour became nauseous. I am in my third day of trying to recover from the effects of minoxidil and although the nausea has lessened, I'm still not feeling up to par. On the first evening after using minoxidil, two of my fingers turned a dark blue and reddish color around my knuckles. After around 3 hours the color dissipated. "

Kaybeemer02 August 18, 2014

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For : "I am a 21 year old female, and losing so much hair so quickly was EXTREMELY agitating and quite depressing. I have always had very thin hair but I never expected to have bald spots by such a young age. After many Doctor visits they told me I had acquired a fungal scalp infection! I was devastated...DO NOT SHARE TOWELS, COMBS, HAIR BRUSHES, HATS WITH ANYONE! After a month of anti fungal medicine my Doctor prescribed me Minoxodil. "

Moondreamz3 July 31, 2014

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I bought a 3 month supply and used it as directed. I got a buzz cut before I started applying Rogaine so all my new hair could grow with the old hair. After 6 months, my hair was fuller, thicker, and my bald spot was filled in with my own, NEW hair. I felt like a new man. Then, I stopped using Rogaine, (because I had new hair growth & was satisfied), and within a few months, all my NEW hair (and then some) fell out in the shower, combing & brushing my hair, and regular daily activities. Now, I've decided to lose my hair with grace. Rogaine WORKS, but DON'T STOP USING IT OR YOUR HAIR WILL FALL OUT!!"

JerryComedian (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 20, 2014

215 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I rate this 10/10 because I started using it with no preconceptions that I would have a full head of hair within a week. I used this for about a month before I got my first compliment after 3 months use (2xday) I saw my family and they all thought I had had a hair transplant, although the front of my head is still hairless the back of my hair is very much thicker. All in all I would say this works if you are looking to thicken up the hair you have remaining."

GDawg (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2014

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I started using this medication prescribed by my PCP in June of 2011, and it helped get some of my hair back that had thinned and was falling out in a small front area of my head. However I'm still taking 2.5mg once a day, and I would say the effects of it are not as good as it used to be, however it continues to help a little by maintaining any more hair lose."

Aerospace747 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2014

For Alopecia: "I have used this Rogaine for about 8 weeks and I had to stop because it caused facial hair."

jahe December 11, 2013

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I started using Rogaine about 6 months ago and I stopped because I saw hair on my cheeks :( I tried other stuff like vitamins shampoo, Rosemary oil, etc. Nothing was working, matter of fact my hair kept falling. My family comes from very thin hair and hair loss. Double negative! I'm only 27 and on top of my scalp is so thin. I read Rogaine reviews and I decided I was going to give it a dedicated try. It's been about 3 months. I use more than the dosage and geeez do I see hair on my face. lol I'm laughing because I now trim my face. My eyebrows grow so fregen fast and they're SUPER FULL! My eyelashes seem longer and now I have side burns lol. Oh goodness. Do I see more hair on my scalp? Hell yea! not enough though. I need more!"

Mel (27 yrs old) (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2013

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "This will work if you are patient. I kept on losing my hair until I tried Rogaine. It was the only thing that saved me from losing most of my hair. I was hesitant to use this at first and did not see signs of regrowth until 7 months. I kept on using this product and all my hair grew back in. I can only suggest you try this, I know how hard it is to look in the mirror everyday and see more and more hair loss. Using Rogaine brought not only back my hair but my self confidence."

Anonymous October 12, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "It works, just be patient. Been using it for 8 months, and my hair is thicker. I use it twice a day."

catnotdog August 17, 2013

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Rogaine Men's Extra Strength (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "Product works for me, was very dubious but decided to try it as a last ditch attempt before an FUE hair transplant. Don't need a transplant now I am thrilled to say! New fine hairs started to grow after five weeks and didn't notice any shedding at all. Best to keep track with a shaving mirror. Now at three months and my old hairline is returning which is almost beyond belief! My only fear is that this progress will slow but I am keeping fingers crossed, things are looking good and the fine hairs are thickening and darkening."

Anonymous February 27, 2012

Rogaine Women's (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "Fantastic- you can no longer see my scalp in the front. I am going to try it on my eyebrows! It's not often a product works as promised- but it did for me. I lost hair at 50 and am now 54. I will continue to use Rogaine for women."

Dirogo November 11, 2011

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Rogaine Men's Extra Strength (minoxidil) for : "After three days use I started having large red bumps on the back of my hair line and on my neck. Also chest pain the three nights. I stopped using it then, hopefully it will be corrected in a few days. "

regret October 14, 2011

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "Did not work well in the spots where I rubbed, but noticed extra rapid growth of facial hair, nose hair, eye brows and ear hair. A few unpigmented hairs grew on hairline where it was one full, but they were not very strong/healthy. "

Anonymous January 29, 2011

For Alopecia: "Works but is a lifelong hassle."

Anonymous March 20, 2010

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I started treatment 6 months ago and have been rubbing this on my head twice daily. I have new hair growing on the top of my head and it is noticeable although it is very thin (partly because I'm blond). As for the front right and left I can see white peach fuzz. Overall for me and I stress me the cost vs results are unbalanced. I would recommend for others, as it does work but, takes a long time and is costly."

tom hellmue November 25, 2009

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "This product brought new growth. It took a little while but have regrown hair back and front. I was having great anxiety over hair loss because I am only 22, however I feel so much better and look like my old self again. Would recommend."

lee k June 12, 2008

218 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate