User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, ...show all 56 brand names

Learn more about Miconazole.

Miconazole review summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Miconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): The first night , I didn't feel any difference. The second night, it was almost gone and the burning and itching had almost stopped. The third night all the pain came back and even more intense. I don't know what happened!!! Help!!!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 18, 2015 8:42 AM

Review by shanti8199 (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm pregnant and the doctor advised me to take this. First night itching and burning. After reading the comments I'm hoping day 2 will be better.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2015 9:59 PM

Review by No more yeast (taken for less than 1 month):

First insert of Monistat 3 was horrible. The burn was worse than the infection, but I continued use. By day 2 burning and itching was gone.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2015 5:36 AM

Review by Pissed Off!:

Monistat 7 did nothing but made me itch and burn more. I was told to let it work but it was so painful it bought me to tears. Hurts worse than the infection.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2015 9:51 PM

Review by Yayi (taken for less than 1 month):

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): Best experience .. I had horrible itching and burning .. Once I used the first dose and the anti itching cream I started feeling relieve within 15 mins ... Today is my second day and it's as if it's gone! Definitely will buy this product again

January 13, 2015 11:03 AM

Review by Cammy305:

Before use, I was in very bad itching and irritation pain! I needed something to help me ease the pain I was going through, so I choose miconazole 7. The first night of insertion, I felt a difference within minutes. Hopefully tomorrow I have no problems throughout the day & I get a good night sleep tonight.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 17, 2014 9:58 PM

After using it the night before, major difference the following morning.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2014 10:19 PM

Review by AwesomeChelsey:

I'm 19 years old. I've had 3 Yeast Infections. First 2 yeast infections was very easy to get rid of. Eat yogurt and wore the correct panties. This one was stubborn! Had it for MONTHS and Could not get rid of it. This yeast infection was getting horrible. I had the itching, bad discharge, everything! I try to do it the natural way first with everything and then I resort to medicine. I went ahead and went to my local Krogers and bought Miconazole 7 (7 day treatment). On day 4 my yeast infection was totally gone! It works great and fast! So happy. It does burn a tad bit, and not for long. 1-10 with the burning is maybe a 2. And it was cheap! Around $5-7 dollars. Very easy to use also. Will definitely use in the future.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2014 4:13 AM

Review by very relieved:

I took Monistat 3 last night, the first vaginal suppository and I did not experience any painful burning or irritation. And this morning I feel a better already.

November 11, 2014 9:24 AM

Review by K1234666:

I love this product! I felt a difference within 20 mins and day2 I felt almost normal. This worked so well I highly recommend it!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2014 9:23 PM

Review by Mommyhajc (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm 30 years old and had my first yeast infection in my life wasn't sure what to use so I bought the Miconazole 1200 mg about 15 minutes after insertion I had a terrible itching burning so awful I couldn't sit still I thought I was having a reaction to it until I read everyone's comments.

September 25, 2014 2:17 PM

Review by titi678:

After looking at reviews I was a bit scared to try Monistat. I tried it anyways and got the prefilled 3 day applicator. Its been 20 minutes since I've used the first dose and I am having no problems whatsoever. No burning, no itching nothing. So far I have no complaints. Now I just have to finish my doses and find out if it actually got rid of my yeast infection.

July 28, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by Candycan23:

I have been using the miconazole 7. This was my first yeast infection I ever had. I didn't know I had one till I went to the doctor for my exam. I felt a difference after my first application. I use panty liners because once inserted into your vagina it will have a discharge. Other than that, no burning, no itching. It worked wonders!

July 18, 2014 1:37 AM

Review by Billie Girl:

The key with these OTC's meds is you have to know your body, you have to know yeast and you have to take action quickly. In the past these OTC's had irritated me also, this time around I was more aware. The choice was $20 co-pay, $17 for Monistat or $6.50 for the Rexall brand. $6.50 it was. I found somewhere else where someone froze the suppositories, so that is what I did with the other two. My symptoms were mild and the relief came on day two of treatment.

April 21, 2014 2:58 PM

Review by LizzyBlitz:

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): Pain Free. Effective. Cream causes itching temporarily.

March 18, 2014 1:52 PM

Review by Xuxu:

The burn is so intense that I will not be completing the dose. Will switch to oral Diflucan.

March 1, 2014 1:44 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): Burned like crazy within 5 mins of using the vaginal cream insert. The most pain I have ever experienced. Brought me to tears as I wanted to scream in pain. I will not be continuing with days 2 and 3. I will use a different product. They should out on the outside of the box in bold letters that it may cause severe burning and itching, not "mild". They couldn't pay me to go through that again.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2013 2:26 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): Terrible burning and swelling occurred. The pain was worse then the infection itself.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2013 11:30 PM

Review by YR:

I used this product every time I get a yeast infection and it works very well for me. I've never had burning from it but I would prefer the pill better because the creams does run down if you don't sleep right after you use it.

May 17, 2013 11:01 PM

Review by sweet smiles:

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): Works great.

July 27, 2012 4:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Micon 7 (miconazole): I used miconazole 7 to treat a vaginal yeast infection. The medication treated the symptoms great, by day 2 the burning and itching had almost ceased so I continued treatment. On the fourth day I started bleeding heavy enough to wear a pad.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2012 10:03 AM

I used Monistat 3 a few months ago and it worked fine. I had a minor yeast infection, which come back so thought I'd just go for the Monistat 1 (not knowing it was 6 times stronger). I had awful painful, burning sensation within an hour. Feel 100 times worse!

November 12, 2011 12:27 PM

Review by webergirl426:

Monistat (miconazole): It does not work for treating recurrent yeast infections and there is burning and itching after insertion. If you do not get them often it is okay.

December 24, 2009 11:49 AM

Monistat (miconazole): Though it did do it's job, had a lot of burning and irritation. Hopefully this doesn't happen to everyone. Good luck trying to sleep or do anything for that matter!

October 8, 2009 11:25 PM

Monistat (miconazole): I've looked online for lots of reviews for Monistat. I've used it in the past and every time I have horrible burning and irritation right after applying. It was worse than the yeast infection itself. Took hours for me to just be able to sleep.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2009 2:56 PM