User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, ...show all 56 brand names

Learn more about Miconazole.

Miconazole Review Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Miconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "Okay so this is my first time having a YI I'm 17 and I was so scared at first! I told my sister my situation and she recommended the monistat 7 saying the others didn't work. Well I'm on night 4 right now and that pain is so horrible! The fact that you have to take the cream before bed makes it really hard for me to fall asleep. The pain gets so bad I have to distract myself so I won't burst out into tears. This has been such a long week and I dread every night I have to go to bed "

Anonymous July 4, 2015

"Didn't read any reviews before buying this product. Without thinking and wanting quick relief I decided to buy the 1 day treatment. Now I feel like I am on FIRE!!"

Anonymous July 3, 2015

"This cream works well i have had no problem with intense itching although all my irratating itching has been extiror but even with that i have not had the problem intensify "

Anonymous July 2, 2015

"I brought the Target Up & Up brand 1 day treatment which has 1200 mg of miconazole. First, wear a pad! Second, it feels like after you take the medication, it has to get worse before it gets better. I'm only on day two discharge is worse that before I took the 1-day treatment. YI are the worse, just plain and simple and their is no way to get rid of it without being uncomfortable."

CandaceR June 29, 2015

"Omg!"

nogoodbruhvag June 28, 2015

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "After having been misdiagnosed with a yeast infection, diagnosed with BV, treated with Metronidazole gel and then developing a yeast infection because of the gel, I've been three weeks with pants of fire. If you're reading this, you might know the feeling. I did three doses of Diflucan and no relief. Dizziness and general crummy feeling, but still burning and itching. One dose of M3 and I thought I was in Heaven. No burning. It was relief within an hour (and I was terrified of all the burning reviews). Not everyone reacts the same. One day and I'm looking forward to dose 2. The cooling effect is wearing off and I want this thing gone. Monistat 3 cream was my savior!"

Misdiagnosed 2 June 27, 2015

"I noticed some itching and discharge down there and wouldn't be able to make it in to see my doctor for another 9 days, so I chose to take matters into my own hands. Bought the Walgreens brand of 3-day Miconazole cream and honestly have never felt worse. The itching and burning intensified so badly that it left me sobbing because I just couldn't take it. Reading other reviews is what made me decide to leave it in and try to see if it would work and get better like it did for others, but I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep with this pain so i took a dose of Nyquil. Hoping that puts me to sleep and that I can wake up feeling better in the morning. Next time I'm going oral treatment for sure because this just doesn't seem worth it."

Dummy who didn't read reviews prior to use June 23, 2015

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I have used this in the past, due to taking antibiotics after having a tooth pulled. I am 14 weeks pregnant, and day one is the worse. I was on fire for about 15 minutes, then i started reading people's post on here, and after laughing so hard, the burning is gone. This is my second time having to use this and I'm 31years old. I know it's not funny to have a YI, but I got a good chuckle out of the fact I'm not the only one on fire over here. Thanks. Product clears infection in 3 days."

Mrs. Allen June 23, 2015

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "Very itchy feeling from this cream , I don't think it helped me at all ."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2015

"used the one day insert and about 20 mins. In I was on fire and itching so bad. I wanted to jump in the tub but I just prayed and felt asleep. Woke up that morning it hurted to wipe. Never again otc."

Pumpkin21 June 12, 2015

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole): "So I've had a yeast infection maybe 3 or 4 times. 2/4 went away by themselves. The first time I used Monistat 7 and felt fine. Today i bought Monistat 1 with the egg and as in writing this in bed at 2:40 am, all I can think about is how much itchier it is!!!!!! OMG. I just wanna scratch. It's so uncomfortable and I cannot fall asleep. When I used the 7day it worked. This one better work."

Angieb05 June 10, 2015

"Ok I am 16 weeks pregnant went to ob for other symptoms and was told I have a yeast infection. I have these in thd past and would always take diflucan but was told to use monistat 7 day..so the first few nights I sat on toilet put it in and got to bed and most leaked out ..well tonight I tried laying down..absolutely no leaking!..I recommend laying down!..also I have no burning or itching now (first 3 nights I wanted to chop my lower half off) and I believe that is because its staying in and not getting on the exterior. .good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2015

Monistat 1-Day or Night Combination Pack (miconazole): "I have had a bad yeast infection for a few days, and my mom recommended this. Inserted the one day or night treatment and was hit but 100x more pain and itchiness than before! I was crying and had to dig it out. Going to have to try a different one."

Ouch!notfun June 6, 2015

"A long while ago I tried the monistat 7day. This was my first experience with monistat. By the end of the 4th day it burned so bad I called the nurse hotline and they told me to go to the er. They said it was a "normal" reaction. I now use monistat 1day or night only. So that I only have to deal with the pain for so much less of a time frame- and I recommend you do the same. Its effective and works well other than that."

Spyridious June 5, 2015

"On day 2 of Monistat 7 day treatment. Burns so bad that last night I cried and took a bath to wash it away. I think tonight I'll have to do the same. I would rather be eaten by fire ants. Do not use!"

Anonymous June 2, 2015

" I just used the three day pack of monistat for the first time, right after inserting the cream I felt like everything down there was on fire!!! I sat with it for about thirty minutes hoping the pain would subside, I ended up pushing the cream out and wiping away all traces of it, while wiping I noticed some blood. I'm really scared that it was a really really bad allergic reaction. Still burning and red down there!!!!! help!"

fire fire fire June 2, 2015

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I just used this cream almost 3 hours ago, and I think my vagina is about to fall off! It is worse than before! The intense burning sensation and discomfort. I was doing well with the vinegar, so I don't know why I bought this mess. Never again!"

Pocahantus (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2015

"I got the monistate 3 day product a few months ago and it did actually work. I Just bought it again recently and a few hours after taking the first dose the itchiness was so intense. I seem to remember this from the last time. If you can get through the first day or so you'll be ok. It's just extremely uncomfortable"

EkFL24 May 28, 2015

"I would NOT recommend the 1 day insert. The last time I had burning like this was when I literally had my varicose veins fried. Intense burning and itching. Hope this goes away soon. It's unbearable."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2015

Monistat (miconazole): "I'm 15. The first time I got one was during the winter of 2014. I used monistat 7, and after a really really long week. It got better from what I remember. It burns and itches so bad once the cream is inserted, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to sleep.:( I didn't get it to make me itch and burn more! This month in May, I got another from taking antibiotics, fighting another infection. I had an extra box left over and the redness and itch relief cream to add to the redness and itchiness through out the day. It's horrible at first, but give it time."

Debbie Gee May 27, 2015

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "This was absolutely horrid! I had the yeast infection for one night before I got the monistat. That night I used betadine to relive the pain. It worked! The next morning I got the monistat, determined to get rid of this. Night 2: I inserted it and immediately the itching pain was ridiculous. 100 worse than the initial. I tried the cream and nothing helped the burning was on the inside and the cream doesn't go there. I tried by best to lay on my back and take it but the pain was unbearable.After 15 min in I had begun to cry. I couldn't take it any longer I had to try and wash it out. I am so sore and the itching and burning are still there but the betadine is helping. Monistat was the WORST decision I have ever made."

Liz Worries about her hooha May 22, 2015

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "This is my very first yeast infection and I'm using the MONISTAT 7 DAY COMBO PACK insert cream. Yes it burns but its my first night using it so I'm laying here for a hour. The burning for me has subsided in about 30 mins after application but I don't like this @ALL "

hiyah (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

"Do not buy this monostat insert! It hurts and causes more irritation. I am worse off now than prior to inserting!"

Ouch!!! May 15, 2015

"I was trying to naturally heal a YI using Apple Cider Vinegar, which was working but just taking too long for me (I was about a week into it). I decided to try the Monistat 1 "egg" product. I woke up in the middle of the night with extreme itching and burning, I had to shower at 3:00am to try to get this stuff off of me. The following morning I was so red and swollen I thought my lady parts were going to fall off. It was a horrible experience, I will be going to my doctor if I experience another yeast infection. NOT WORTH THE PAIN"

CityGirlInTheCountry (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2015

"Honestly its day one on the 3 day treatment. Yes it burns a bit and it does leak out if you dont lay down after insertion. But im faithful it will work."

kate123 May 7, 2015