User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, ...show all 54 brand names

Learn more about Miconazole.

Miconazole review summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Miconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Review by Mommyhajc (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm 30 years old and had my first yeast infection in my life wasn't sure what to use so I bought the Miconazole 1200 mg about 15 minutes after insertion I had a terrible itching burning so awful I couldn't sit still I thought I was having a reaction to it until I read everyone's comments.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2014 2:17 PM

Review by titi678:

After looking at reviews I was a bit scared to try Monistat. I tried it anyways and got the prefilled 3 day applicator. Its been 20 minutes since I've used the first dose and I am having no problems whatsoever. No burning, no itching nothing. So far I have no complaints. Now I just have to finish my doses and find out if it actually got rid of my yeast infection.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by Candycan23:

I have been using the miconazole 7. This was my first yeast infection I ever had. I didn't know I had one till I went to the doctor for my exam. I felt a difference after my first application. I use panty liners because once inserted into your vagina it will have a discharge. Other than that, no burning, no itching. It worked wonders!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 18, 2014 1:37 AM

Review by Billie Girl:

The key with these OTC's meds is you have to know your body, you have to know yeast and you have to take action quickly. In the past these OTC's had irritated me also, this time around I was more aware. The choice was $20 co-pay, $17 for Monistat or $6.50 for the Rexall brand. $6.50 it was. I found somewhere else where someone froze the suppositories, so that is what I did with the other two. My symptoms were mild and the relief came on day two of treatment.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2014 2:58 PM

Review by LizzyBlitz:

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): Pain Free. Effective. Cream causes itching temporarily.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2014 1:52 PM

Review by Xuxu:

The burn is so intense that I will not be completing the dose. Will switch to oral Diflucan.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2014 1:44 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): Burned like crazy within 5 mins of using the vaginal cream insert. The most pain I have ever experienced. Brought me to tears as I wanted to scream in pain. I will not be continuing with days 2 and 3. I will use a different product. They should out on the outside of the box in bold letters that it may cause severe burning and itching, not "mild". They couldn't pay me to go through that again.

October 27, 2013 2:26 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): Terrible burning and swelling occurred. The pain was worse then the infection itself.

June 11, 2013 11:30 PM

Review by YR:

I used this product every time I get a yeast infection and it works very well for me. I've never had burning from it but I would prefer the pill better because the creams does run down if you don't sleep right after you use it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 17, 2013 11:01 PM

Review by sweet smiles:

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): Works great.

July 27, 2012 4:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Micon 7 (miconazole): I used miconazole 7 to treat a vaginal yeast infection. The medication treated the symptoms great, by day 2 the burning and itching had almost ceased so I continued treatment. On the fourth day I started bleeding heavy enough to wear a pad.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2012 10:03 AM

I used Monistat 3 a few months ago and it worked fine. I had a minor yeast infection, which come back so thought I'd just go for the Monistat 1 (not knowing it was 6 times stronger). I had awful painful, burning sensation within an hour. Feel 100 times worse!

November 12, 2011 12:27 PM

Review by webergirl426:

Monistat (miconazole): It does not work for treating recurrent yeast infections and there is burning and itching after insertion. If you do not get them often it is okay.

December 24, 2009 11:49 AM

Monistat (miconazole): Though it did do it's job, had a lot of burning and irritation. Hopefully this doesn't happen to everyone. Good luck trying to sleep or do anything for that matter!

October 8, 2009 11:25 PM

Monistat (miconazole): I've looked online for lots of reviews for Monistat. I've used it in the past and every time I have horrible burning and irritation right after applying. It was worse than the yeast infection itself. Took hours for me to just be able to sleep.

September 21, 2009 2:56 PM

Monistat (miconazole): This is my first time using Monistat 3 and it works GREAT and FAST. The first night I used it, I was experiencing itching and overall irritation and the next morning I had very, very minor irritation and no itching, as if the infection cleared overnight. I would definitely use this again! It works wonders.

July 25, 2009 1:32 PM