User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, ...show all 58 brand names

Learn more about Miconazole.

Miconazole Rating Summary

3.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Miconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"I am not using this again. I tried the monistat 1, did no good, so went back and bought the monistat7. I was in hell. The first night, after inserting ,it started itching and burning so bad. I thought it maybe was just me. So the second night, I inserted it an right away, started itching burning so bad, I had to get a cold rag and tried to wash it as much as I could. I have decided I will not be taking it for the other 5 day!!!!!!!!!!! There is a issue with this medicine. should be pulled from shelfs, too many horror stories."

Spunkiewolf (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

"I can't sleep through this itch caused by my ignorance of using this fire medicine disguised as a cure for sanity... This itch is cruel and outright mind smelting ... What worse way to spend $20 ... Wash it off ? You just try and it laughs at your pain and discomfort . May the fleas off 1,000 camels invade all the delicate places of the twisted monster who markets this poison. 2:10 am"

Missy Marmalade May 2, 2016

"I have NEVER BEEN IN SO MUCH PAIN OR ITCHED LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS!!! I had a Yeast infection and my dr gave me 2 doses of fluconazol but my YI was still bothering me and still very itchy. So instead of calling my dr back I decided to buy monistat 3 day. OMG. I started itching and burning immediately!!! NEVER HAVE I EXPERIENCED PAIN LIKE THIS!!! And I went through childbirth!! Please save yourself and do not use this call your dr back and get a prescription!!! I'm currently holding an ice pack on my lady parts and praying I will get some sleep tonight. This stuff is EVIL"

Moamoa (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

"I have used this product three times in my 27years & I would definitely recommend it to my friends or family members if they decided they uhh wanted to tell me their vagina was uncomfortable lol. The rest of the reviews are very true. This product can cause burning & increased itching but I see that as death to yeast or fungi or whatever bread you might be baking down below. Take(2) 200mg ibuprofen (preferably the fast acting gel caps) and 50mg Benadryl/diphenhydramine HCl 1-2hrs before bed or prior to starting your treatment & this will decrease if not eliminate the side effects of this treatment. You can also use a cool wash clothe or ice pack to cool things off down there but it is not needed after premedication "

VaginaFreedom! April 30, 2016

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I can't believe I paid good money for a product that made my vaginal discomfort A LOT worse than it was before I inserted the cream. Within 5 minutes of inserting it, I got an awful burning sensation in my vagina and on my vulva -- a problem I did not have with the YI. The burning and itching were terrible -- not "you may experience a mild increase in itching and burning" like the product leaflet says -- "mild" MY ASS! I will not be taking the second dose tonight -- that's for sure. Probably head over to the store to pick up some yogurt to soothe things down there. If things aren't better by Monday I'll call my OB/GYN then to hopefully get some relief."

Can't sit still for long April 30, 2016

Monistat 1-Day or Night Combination Pack (miconazole): "I'm currently laying in bed with a bag of corn between my legs praying I can catch my train on time. The burning and itching is so freaking intense I wish I could take my vag off and wash it in my sink. My YI was pretty mild, but I couldn't get the ovule very far up my vagina. This burning itch is so much worse than my initial infection. Hopefully it goes away soon."

Dante's inferno (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

"So I have my first yeast infection and I just used a Walgreens brand miconazole cream. At first, everything seemed fine, but after a minute or so it was a different story. The cream started to feel more like acid, then it actually felt like my vag was being ripped apart. I would have gladly dealt with the mild itching my yeast infection gave me than use this cream that makes the next 10 minutes feel like somebody has set my crotch on fire."

12345678910111213141516171819 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

"Well. I am reading the reviews and funny I am reading after I inserted and put cream. I am laying here shocked because I always use this if I can't get to the doctor and get diflucan I use one day insert Monistat or this time equate neither have ever burn me except one time when I was pregnant but here's what's wrong at that time I burn and itch so bad because of pregnancy hormones prob that I couldn't wait to use cream I didn't shower just ripped package open and used it , burn like hell!!! Every other time I have used it with no burn no prob I've showered first. Took a long hot shower and washed away the itch and burn then right out I out cream and inserted oval. Maybe that's the problem. I don't know but it works for me I always clear up"

LQueenNC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2016

"I used it for two days. It burns like hell!!! I thought the first day was due to the YI but day two proved it was this cream. Doesn't take long to feel the burning sensation. Needs to be banned off the market for good! Do not buy this!!!!! 4/28/16"

Chynadoll1970 April 28, 2016

"I've had 3 or 4 yeast infections in my life. Twice I took an off brand suppository, once a three day oral prescription, and once a one pill one day prescription. Today I realized that my vag wasn't just mildly itchy; I had a repulsive yeast infection yet again. The closest store next to my place of work was a Market Of Choice (basically a huge mostly natural grocer) and all they had to offer was one box of Monistat 3! I wish someone would have slapped it out of my hand. I got home, took a Epsom salt bath, shoved the thing up and went to bed. Maybe 2 hours later I woke up, urinated, returned to bed and that's when it hit me. A burning so badly that I immediately sat up and started scream crying. had to rush to the ER it was so horrific."

Wafflecat April 28, 2016

"This is my first yeast Infection, my girl friends told me they used Monistat before and "it works wonders." My first day was extremely bad! I was burning which I wasn't even burning with the yeast infection itself. The itching and burning got worst after 45min so I ran to the bathroom and washed it off! Then I found this reviews and it made me feel better knowing there's nothing extra wrong with me. One thing I noticed the following day was that I wasn't itchy, I didn't even feel like I had a yeast infection. I decided to be strong and continue the 2nd day, so far it's been an hour and I'm happy to say I'm ok, no burning just a little itching but not bad at all! Thank God, hope I don't experience that pain again within the following days!"

Monistat 7 April 28, 2016

"Okay so I have had vaginal itching and later night, I noticed the discharge. I picked this stuff up not even an hour ago and I'm trying so hard not to rip my vagina off!!! I was already itchy so I applied the anti itch cream after I inserted the little round thing can't even think of a name! And the cream BURNED SO SO SO BAD, and made the itching so much worse!!! Ten minutes later and I'm feeling very very itchy inside. I hope that's just it working because I'm dying!!!"

AriAurea April 27, 2016

"This stuff should be fully illegal. I spent the whole night dealing with this nightmare, much like everyone else here. Unbearable itching and burning, called my mom sobbing. Couldn't fall asleep for hours until I numbed with an ice pack directly on my vag. ITS THAT BAD. RUN. Can't believe I did this to myself."

Firey crotch (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

"I just inserted this cream into my inner lady part and what I felt next was fire! My yeast infection didn't even feel like this. I had no burning sensation before, just an itch. I think this is my second Y.I.,and I say "ithink"because I supposedly had one before but I had to symptoms, but an overgrowth of yeast. My doctor then prescribed me a pill that I took that got rid of it quickly. Smh. I don't know why I didn't go back to her!?!?! I tried to clean it out of me with warm water, but it's still burning!!!! I'll never but this product again!!!! Grrrrr! A man had to have come up with this medicine. No woman would do this to get fellow women."

This Sucks! (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

"Burning like hell, never have I ever been through something like this.....I soaked in warm water then 10 mins later it's burning again"

Ttk April 26, 2016

"Omg what ever you do please don't use !!! I have had several YIs in my day , so the other day after some itching and discomfort I decided to grab the three day miconazole ..... WOW within seconds of inserting I ran out of the bathroom crying for my mom to help, I have never been in more pain in my life , I thought my skin was melting off , I literally dug out all the cream with my fingers and flushed my poor vag out with water ... I'm laying in bed 30 minutes later and I'm still in pain... I will be calling tomorrow to get my money back , it should be illegal to sell this vaginal acid."

Feeling the burn April 24, 2016

"I read these reviews and am literally dying of laughter, which appears to be a much better option then taking the medicine itself. I used the monostat 1 day oval insert. It felt better and did not burn immediately upon use. However, the itching this caused was unbearable. I really did want to claw my vagina off. I thought the itching was just the YI; as I have used this product in the past and it has never done this. I suppose I used the external cream sparingly in the past and this time I used it to take care of the itching...which I honestly feel like it irritated my vagina and urethra even more. To the point where I couldn't even bare to have anything touch my urethra. I now have Neosporin on it in an attempt to help the irritation."

Cryingggggg April 23, 2016

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I have had a YI for about a week, my friend recommended I should try Monistat.. I went to rite aid today & bought it for $18!! I just used it about 40 mins ago & as soon as it was done it started burning worse than it was before, I am in so much pain now. I wish I would have read these reviews before I used this product. :("

Anonymous April 22, 2016

"Im in so much pain and discomfort this is awful!!! Never again. Never. Again."

A sad itchy Vagina April 22, 2016

"Day 1 was horrible the burning got worse the itching was worse. It burns more now than ever. I am constantly itchy and it hurts to pee now. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone"

Shadow010515 April 21, 2016

Monistat (miconazole): "I wish I read the earlier reviews to prepare myself. Oh my goodness this itches quite a bit, is that seriously wrong? Cause I know hydrogen peroxide itches and burns when it's cleaning a cut maybe that's the same thing.... I havent tried the itch cream that comes with it but that's for external use and the itching is internal with warnings on the box not to scratch. Gonna be a rough night."

Ehwhydoievenbother April 21, 2016

"Just like everyone else I have a yeast infection. I've had them a few times unfortunately... I've always bought the cheap 3 day cream, never the more expensive miconazole 7... I've never had an issue before... The other creams ALWAYS brought relief... This crap sucks!!! Makes the annoying YI much more painful! The burning is driving me crazy... About to wash it out and buy a generic brand."

HatethiscrAp April 20, 2016

"Had to take antibiotics back to back. First one gave me a YI, doctor prescribed a suppository cream that was miraculous. With the second dose of antibiotics - I opted for the over the counter monistat 7. Holy cow - used the suppository cream and anti-itch cream and was crying from the burning and itching. Second day, just the suppository - itching and mild burning. Day 3, still an itch that had kept me awake for hours. This is seriously worse than the YI. And whatever it is, the prescription had a calming effect on the itch. Monistat made it itch worse. How is this being sold? Please don't buy it."

Anonymous April 18, 2016

"On day 2 of the 3 day treatment and I am unable to sleep because of the burning and itching.....I will be calling customer service to request 100% money back guarantee. ...bc this stuff sucks worse the not using meds..."

Anonymous April 17, 2016

Monistat (miconazole): "Micanozole also used in Monistat yes is one of the worse feeling creams for a yeast infection . I & several others have switched to a another cream called Clotrimazole instead. It is literally the opposite. It has NO BURNING or tingling. I don't know how people stand Miconazole or Monistat. It like putting yourself thru all that pain. NOW PLEASE UNDERSTAND, this medicine may take 2 doses where monistat may take 1 use. This means If you use monistat 3 , then you would need to buy two of the Clotrimazole 3 to do the job typically. If you buy the 1 day then you would need to buy two 1 day boxes of this.. Its milder so it takes a little longer , BUT... THERE IS NO PAIN! So I say give me pain free results. I'll take more days."

OTC alternative April 17, 2016