User Reviews for Concerta

Learn more about Concerta.

Concerta Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Concerta to treat ADHD

"Iv'e been on comcerta 2 weeks now n just gone up to 36mg I've had ADHD all my life and only just been diagnosed, always wondered why I can be anything I want end up going off the rails! Anyways this medication has basically changed me in a good way, I think if u really have ADHD this medication works n only doesn't work when u haven't got it! First week struggled sleeping but fine now, n theres no loss on my appetite I just don't crave the sugar n junk food that I used to so its a win win for me coz I'm a boxer and been in sport all my life! I can focus proper n its basically a miracle, for me, so far like :)"

micky2016 April 14, 2016

"I've been on this medication since I was 9 I'm 21 now. I've always had trouble in school and it has helped me a lot to concentrate but without it I can't focus at all. I became too dependent on it so now that I am in college I cannot study or find any kind of motivation to stay focused if I'm not on it. It wouldn't be a bad thing if it didn't make me depressed. Recently in this past year I've been taking it almost every day again and have been feeling sad for no reason, always thinking negative and very irritable until I put two and two together. Now trying to get off once I am done with school next month for good."

Jenna D. April 1, 2016

"I began taking Concerta at the age of 13 to treat my ADHD. I'm now 22, still taking 27MG of Concerta daily. Overall it has been helpful with managing my ADHD symptoms, I'm much less distracted and able to stick to one task at a time. It was especially helpful when I was in school because it was just so impossible for me to stay focused in class. As an adult it makes work so much easier for me because my job requires things to be done with a lot of precision. Side effects I've experienced have been headaches (occasionally migraines), inconsistent appetite, restlessness at night, some difficulty sleeping and constant thirst. Despite the side effects I feel that my overall quality of life has improved with taking Concerta to manage my ADHD."

Missdrakerss (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 29, 2016

"Unbelievable! I think and concentrate much better , focus, it does effect for men a little down below, but it makes you focus so you are very hi libido. Men know what I am talking about. It is great for that you mind does not wonder. I've only been on it for a week, it works immediately. And yes you worry because you can see things so good, and you are not used to it. So I get scared, that should go away. try it. you don't like, try something else, controlled substance, hard to get. Psychiatry will get this for you, and you need prior authorization depending on insurance."

Beani February 28, 2016

"I'm 18 years old and have been prescribed 74mg of concerta a day. 3 pills in the morning and one in the afternoon if needed. I had been diagnosed with serve ADHD and this drug has changed the way I learn and study dramatically. It's amazing how confident and focused I am now. I always feel so good on it too, until I'm starving to death. Concerta absolutely kills your appetite. Sad part is I can not even force myself to eat and it has already taken a tole on my weight. I have always been insecure with my body so it is nice losing the extra pounds, however I don't enjoy talking to anyone at school anymore. Even though I feel good all during the school day, I am quiet and hungry."

EmmaJB February 12, 2016

"I've been taking concerta for 3 years now and I'm 18. I started out with 18mg and slowly went up to 54mg. My grades went from really low to average in weeks but the side effects are really crappy. I have troubles sleeping at night and I feel things that aren't there. I also have a big loss of appetite and have to force myself to eat sometimes. I have days where I get really depressed to the point that I don't want to get out of bed and do anything. I also feel really anxious and on edge and I start scratching/ picking at my skin which gave me scars all over my back. I thought about it and went off the pill and my grades suddenly dropped again. The pill really does help with focus and motivation but the side effects are really tough!!!"

Catt11 February 8, 2016

"Found out I had ADHD my sophomore year & was put on this pill. Started at 36mg and I could definitely see changes. Very moody, could not go to sleep at night, I always so jumpy and on the go, but I will have to say it helped A LOT with my troubles on paying attention in school. Went from D's & F's to an honor roll student. The only thing that's really scary for most people is the weight loss it can cause. I weighed 130 my freshman year and in the middle of my junior year I was 94 pounds. So you really have to watch that!"

krako19 February 5, 2016

"I was diagnosed with ADD at the end of grade 6 and started taking concerta in grade 7. I had no idea I had ADD and just though everyone was like me. I had no enthusiasm anything with school but after I took concerta I was like ADHD. So much hyperness and wanting to work. After raising the dose to 36mg I started to get very anxious about my heart feeling like it was beating too fast and was having like a panic attack or something so then I dropped back down to 27mg. The side affects I have is weight loss/loss of appitite, heart palpitations, sleep paraylisis, feelings of excitement. It works for me but I hate the side affects. I also lost 5lbs in one week when I first started and 20lbs in 2 years."

Pianogirl101 January 9, 2016

"I have been taking this for 10 years (started at 18 mg, went up to 36 mg). Recently (several months ago), I developed several horrible side-effects. For example: it made me feel nervous. I could not keep still. It also made me extra irritable (to the point I was yelling at my friends for the littlest things). I also felt depressed (to the point I did not want to get out of bed at all) and could not sleep. The doctor brought me down to 18 mg, symptoms did not improve. I immediately stopped taking this and felt 100% better the next day. The doctor put me on Adderall XR which works a lot better with very little side-effects. Please avoid Concerta if possible."

Anonymous January 7, 2016

"This is not the drug for everyone. I was absolutely miserable on Concerta. I was restless, anxious, needy, fidgety, irritable, and depressed. My psychiatric practitioner attempted to cure these symptoms by prescribing higher doses. I eventually had a meltdown. As soon as I stopped, it was like I was instantly better. I know this drug works wonders for some people, but please be careful."

AbiK January 5, 2016

"I have my son on weekend's and he never seems to want to sleep and he is skin and bones he is rarely hungry?"

chase mother December 27, 2015

"I have been using Concerta for 15 days now. I started out with 18mg for a week and the second week 36mg. I haven't seen any difference by now, which is very dissappointing for me. In fact I feel slighly extra depressed than I already am, but no big difference. Starting tommorow my doctor told me to take 54mg per day. Any suggestions? Is it too soon to see any difference?"

lunalovegood (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2015

"I am in grade 12 and I have been on concerta since grade 3. I have noticed I am underweight and I have trouble sleeping at night. But concerta has helped me focus in school, but I just wish it didn't come with some of the side effects."

Julie247 December 20, 2015

"I don't feel right, I can't focus, I don't want to workout which I love to do, I don't want to drum which i love doing too. I felt great on biphentin despite the anger I tried concerta for a day and hated it"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2015

"The only reason I gave Concerta a 2 and not a 0, was because when I didn't take it for two days I could feel myself going through a withdrawal. I would begin to feel tired, annoyed and angered easily, some headaches, and so on. I have been on Concerta for about 13 years and even with it in my system I still struggled in school. At first they had me on smaller doses, but they had to be increased. I've been taking 108mg each morning and the only thing that I have noticed a difference in is the withdrawal I go through, which can be helped by drinking coffee. By the way, I'm currently on the drug right now and I'm supposed to be studying for my spanish exam that I have this afternoon. So if that doesn't tell you something then idk what will."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 7, 2015

"Doctor started me on 27 took that for 3 weeks for severe ADHD and it lost its effect so I was put up to 54 mg and amazing changes I get work done fast and I am motivated only problem is Crash is pretty awful for me, I get really sick to the stomach and drowsy. For the sick stomach I just use ginger but drowsyness can't do anything"

Anonymous November 21, 2015

"My daughter see and hear things that are not there. She has been taking concerta 36mg for over a year. But all of a sudden, she is so scared of everything. "

Walker40 November 14, 2015

"ADD/ADHD has always been an issue, sure - grades sucked, concentration lacked, motivation gone. But, when the doctor prescribed Concerta, that all changed. I felt a change and saw my grades and concentration get better and better. The appetite loss was a minor issue. I've always been a big eater with a super fast metabolism. When I was told I was a few pounds overweight, I was happy. The solution to the problem is to force yourself to eat. It's not a bad sacrifice if you see a positive difference in your performance. I'm 6"5', 17 years old, and 210 pounds. I'm skinny, sure, but I'm willing to sacrifice quite a bit so I can do better in school. :)"

Anonymous October 22, 2015

"At the age of 10, my son's ADHD was needing medical help. He was put on Concerta18mg and was a little unwell for two weeks, with sick stomach, lack of appetite, and slightly listless. Made sure he ate breakfast before taking his tablet. He did look a little thin after about 1 year. We persevered with Concerta and life quickly improved until almost all ADHD problems had disappeared. Did not increase the initial drug dose. But after 18 months, he was becoming quiet and withdrawn. Decided to stop Concerta. Mild withdrawal symptoms for a week or so. We have never looked back. He is now 14, not on any medications and is a tall, healthy, teenager. Wow, recommend this tablet. He may need it again some day."

HomeBaking (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 9, 2015

"I first started taking Concerta about 2 years ago. I'm almost 13. It works okay but I have been losing my appetite far too much. I'm already really underweight and this drug makes it worse. I've also run into sleep paralysis once or twice."

Lily J September 23, 2015

"I've been taking concerta for close to 15 years now since I was diagnosed at age 3. Around 8th grade I had started getting pain in my chest which was similar to costo condritis. The pain got increasingly worse up through highschool and the beginning of college around age 18 when it stopped affecting me as much. Now I'm 21 years old (as of the 12th this month) and for the past years I've been noticing that I've been getting increasingly anxious and worrying more than usual. In the past 5years on a daily 63 mg dose I've been dealing with depression, anxiety, nightmares, insomnia, loss of appetite, and I've lost 30lbs due to that. It's effective, but at a price, sometimes one you can't afford."

Dan the duck September 22, 2015

"I was diagnosed with ADD about ten years ago. I was prescribed Concerta by my doctor and it wasn't an easy transition. I got tons of work done and all, but it killed my apetite during lunch hours and as a result I lost weight. As time went on I got more used to the medication and I've since regained my weight (for the most part, I've still got a high metabolism and as a result gaining any kind of weight is difficult for me) and can still focus on my schoolwork. Part of this can be attributed to getting older and all, but I think the medication has certainly helped. For reference, I'm a 6 ft tall guy who weighs around 125 lbs."

Anonymous September 15, 2015

"Well it started in 2014 when I was diagnosed with adhd.... And I could not focus for more than 5 minutes before doing something else and this has helped me greatly focus and calm me down. We also own a farm and I drive a skid steer loader and drive a tractor, also doing fieldwork takes a good deal of focus and now I can easily do 5 hours of bale loading and not get distracted which is a lifesaver. One downside is that I lose my appetite but not a big deal to me."

Ford73 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 13, 2015

"I was diagnosed with ADHD a little less than a year ago at the age of 12. At first, I loved it because it helped me get so much work done and I stopped getting in trouble and annoying people. After about one month I started realizing that I wasn't eating because the medicine was destroying my appetite, and I liked it. I started using the drug more for weight loss than anything and I went from a happy, bubbly 115 lbs to a lifeless 95 lbs. at 5ft8in, that's severely underweight and unhealthy. I kept taking the medicine but I became increasingly more depressed and anxious. I was an outcast but I was too obsessed with losing weight to care. After the school year finished, I took a break from the medicine and I am now a happy, healthy 13yr old."

BrinFish613 September 8, 2015

"I've been taking Concerta for nearly five years now and just recently it hasn't been working as well as it used to. I was diagnosed with ADD in 6th grade and was then prescribed this medication. I've been taking it ever since. But back in May, I started to notice that I was having a much harder time focusing. It was almost like I hadn't taken it at all. This was very unfortunate since at that time I was having my end of year exams. I've also seen that others have been having the same problem. I'm looking forward to having this sorted out because my ADD is very bad and makes it very hard just to function in everyday life."

Pressley (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 28, 2015