User Reviews for Megace

AIDS Related Wasting 0 reviews 6 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Megace reviews 8 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Megace

Review by LindaJBU (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Endometrial Hyperplasia: Took 20mgs. of Megase for 4 months then 10mgs. for another 3 months and had NO side effects whatsoever. (I actually managed to lose some weight while taking this medicine.) It took some time for my complex hyperplasia without atypia to clear up, but my latest biopsy was clear from all hyperplasias and now on a regime of 10mgs. of Provera and will go back for a follow up in another 2 months. (I was actually kind of worried to change to Provera as I did so well and had no negative side effects while taking the Megace.)

December 30, 2012 8:35 AM

Review by Eldest daughter:

For Weight Loss: Oncologist ordered it for mom's stage 4 lung cancer symptoms. It did an amazing job increasing her appetite which helped her keep weight on.

June 9, 2012 8:55 AM

Review by Soulcr8:

For Cachexia: I've been down 3 surgeries in 11 months. Lost 60lbs and could not eat. I have been on Megace for 10 day's and I have gained 17 lbs. UNREAL! I have eaten $200 in groceries and have no plans to stop. MEGACE has beyond a doubt saved my life. Side effects are little to none. Dry mouth/more frequent urination/"Incredible appetite"! I am in it for the weight gain. Today I feel so good and strong, I caught myself running home from the store.

January 26, 2012 10:51 PM

Review by TaraGator:

For Endometrial Cancer: I have been taking Megace, in conjunction with Xeloda for the past year to help treat my Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer. Since my tumor is estrogen feeding, this medication takes the estrogen out of my system. Tumors have CONSIDERABLY shrunk since I've been on this medication.

December 8, 2009 9:31 AM

Review by T-oski:

For Endometrial Hyperplasia: At the six week point I began bleeding and have been bleeding heavily for two weeks. Also swelling of feet and ankles as well as a weird 'whooshing' sound in my ear. I think the Megestrol turned on me.

July 30, 2009 9:10 AM

Review by Bonnie-Lynn:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I have been on Megace for the past three months. I have just finished it and have had no side effects at all except a little rash under my left breast line but that could also be the dry electrical heating as well but otherwise I haven't any breakthrough bleeding or weight gain or anything else. I go back to my doctor on March 20th, 2009 in two weeks and we will see what she says. I guess I went to her because of severe lower back aches and frequent bleeding as well as a lot of abdominal pain. I had no problems at all on Megace.

March 4, 2009 1:13 PM

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: For abnormal bleeding with no known cause this medicine has been a God send for me. Instead of having my period 365 days a year, I don't get any now.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2008 9:15 PM

For Hot Flashes: This medicine worked really well for me for about 6 weeks then gradually stopped working.

October 17, 2008 7:57 PM