User Reviews for Humatrope

Learn more about Humatrope.

Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency 2 reviews 14 medications

Idiopathic Short Stature 0 reviews 6 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Humatrope reviews 5 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Humatrope

Review by ECL (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: My son began taking Humatrope at the age of 5 and in almost 3 years he has grown just over 10 inches and gained around 10 lbs. When he began he was not on the growth chart at all and was not moving up as he should. After testing found him to be growth hormone deficent he began the daily shots and now is in the 25% on the growth chart! He will continue to take Humatrope until he is finished growing so we still have years of shots ahead of us but for us AND HIM they are proving to be worth it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2013 9:09 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Short Stature for Age: My son was about 7 when he started taking Humatrope. He was extremely small for his age and was not even on the growth curve. Although he had maintained his own small growth curve. When that curve started to invert, we put him on this. He gets a shot every night. He is now 9 years old and growing at twice the velocity that he had been growing at. He is still small, but he does not stand out so drastically among his peers. We have been very happy with the results and plan to continue the medication.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2012 11:32 PM

Review by Ryan1974XX:

For Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: Humatrope first started being used in 1987 I have read. I started taking daily shots in 1988. At the time I was 14 years old, 5'4", 170lbs, and had ZERO growth hormone in my body. As it stood without treatment it appeared that I would never hit puberty. I began taking daily shots every day for two years. During that time I only missed two days. I grew from 5'4" to 6' by 16 years of age and weighed the same weight that I had before I began the shots. My body developed normally and I noticed no side effects. Even after I stopped taking the shots I still continued to grow an additional inch. My farther is 5'10", my older brother is 5'11" and I am 6'1". It worked PERFECTLY for me.

August 30, 2010 7:22 PM

Review by Feeling Better:

For Adult Human Growth Hormone Deficiency: This works quite well for me. I don't know if anyone else uses it or had adult onset growth hormone deficiency and also developed this condition from Gulf War Syndrome. When I started taking the Humatrope, my bone density went from a -4 to a -2.3 and hopefully is still going up. My focus and concentration improved and my irritability and my energy level went way up! I have been using it for about 5 years now and didn't know I had it until my urologist started listing reasons for severe osteoporosis and it turns out that I had adult onset growth hormone deficiency. Good luck to all. Hopefully Stem Cell technology can be used to help cure/fix us!

September 20, 2009 11:33 PM

For Turner's Syndrome: My daughter has Turners. She has been on this since she was 2 - she is 4 now. It is working great.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate