User Reviews for Lariam

Malaria Prevention 3 reviews 20 medications

Malaria 1 reviews 40 medications

Summary of Lariam reviews 4 reviews 2.5

Reviews for Lariam

For Malaria "Very bad. It is one pill a day. Got anxiety, skin rash and was not hungry. Would not recommend"

Mariefrance October 21, 2015

For Malaria Prevention "As an A-Detachment medic i was forced to use this drug for over two years straight. I was also in charge of malaria chemoprophylaxis for my team. During the loading dose my guys started complaining of weird dreams and depression. Returning from South America at least 3 out of 11 of the team guys divorced their wives. By the time I raised the BS flag and started a new preventive treatment another 3 were on their way to divorce or had separated from spouse due to depression and other issues like anger and other issues directly associated with Lariam. I wrote an extensive report and pass it along to 7th Group Surgeon but did not even get a courtesy reply. Today I walk around with multiple issues depression, other mental and physical....."

a chance to cut is a chance to September 23, 2015

For Malaria Prevention "I took this for two years whilst in East Africa. Although many people told me it was not good, I found no side effects and never have suffered from Malaria. I had regular Liver function teats and no adverse symptoms were found."

Stevepoa June 17, 2013

For Malaria Prevention "I took one of these and felt nearly suicidal within a few hours. The warning labels say if you have previously experienced "certain psychiatric conditions" then you should not take the medication. Well, those conditions include garden-variety depression which a pretty large percentage of the population has experienced. "

RolandD December 19, 2012