User Reviews for Malathion

Also known as: Ovide

Learn more about Malathion.

Reviews for Malathion to treat Head Lice

Review by Law Lover:

Ovide (malathion): OVIDE ROCKS!! My 7 year old contracted lice from her school/daycare. I bought three lice shampoos from the pharmacy in addition to two cans of lice spray for my house and vehicle. To no avail., these treatments did not work and had to be done over and over again. I spent approx. $50.00 on the products and another $30.00 on cleaning supplies. I was fed up with spending so much money, so I took her to the doctor. Her pediatrician prescribed OVIDE and it completely killed all of the lice AND nits. When I rinsed it out 10 hours later, I combed through it only to find, partial flakes of dandruff (a possible side effect of OVIDE due to the dryness). NOTHING ELSE!! The smell is AWFUL but completely WORTH IT!

February 27, 2012 10:37 AM

Review by mely78:

Ovide (malathion): Ovide is the best thing ever! 4 years ago and after a crash course in head lice the Dr prescribed RID. After 4 months, countless hours combing, washing clothes and $500 later to treat 4 children and the sprays for furniture, every week these roaches kept coming back (this amount don't include the extra expense that we incurred replacing clothes that finished in the garbage can after being washed in hot water). Finally I went back to see my children's Dr. and she prescribed Ovide. After the first treatment, no more head lice! 3 months ago my son got them again and off course my choice was Ovide hands down! Don't waste money on other products.

December 10, 2011 4:56 PM