User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Bowel Preparation 26 reviews 112 medications

7.2
Summary of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit reviews 26 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Review by Jessie's Mom (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Suprep was not as disgusting as some people said in their reviews. While not pleasant, it was tolerable. I mixed the medicine with Sprite and using a funnel, poured the container contents into an empty 16 oz. water bottle. I used a straw to drink the mixture. After taking each few big sips, I ate a big bite from a popsicle to erase the taste. I then waited 5 or 10 minutes and did the very same thing over and over until the bottle was empty. This took about 30 minutes. Then over the next 2 hours I drank 32 ozs. of various, good tasting liquids. Within an hour, my bowels started to move. The next morning, I repeated the above process. I did not vomit or have any side effects. Three hours before my procedure, I was expelling just water.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2014 8:02 PM

Review by Grr:

For Bowel Preparation: Unbelievably disgusting. I am no stranger to various preps. In the recent past I have taken two 32oz bottles of nasty yoghurty stuff and horrible bottles of sludgy prune stuff. All disgusting. But this Suprep was unbelievably nasty. It took me an hour to get through each bottle. I had to sip it and drink water in between. Anything more and I couldn't keep it down. I puked up the last 10% from each bottle without a doubt. Believe me, I have tolerated some nasty stuff. But I could not believe this. I would rather be cut open (and I know what that feels like) than take this stuff again.

June 23, 2014 9:32 PM

Review by MvD:

For Bowel Preparation: EXPENSIVE! Taste is salty grape disgusting even mixed with gatorade. Sucked on ice cubes in between gulps & sips. Works well. Do liquids only for 2 days before & light food the 3rd day before. Cover your bum with petroleum jelly mixed with Vit A&D BEFORE the prep & reapply as needed/use tucks or baby wipes.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 12, 2014 11:09 PM

Review by Izzler:

For Bowel Preparation: At first I was hesitate about taking from just the thought of having diarrhea. I manned up. The taste is like a chalky grape. It started about an hour after drinking the first bottle and the two 16oz of water. The only discomfort is I'm bloated and having small stomach cramps but nothing I can't handle.

June 12, 2014 9:08 PM

Review by Colon king (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Morning before eat two waffles organic with syrup and a coffee with 1/2 milk1/2 coffee Gatorade the rest of day frost cherry 6pm Tasted ok grape flavor mixed with water. Pooed in 15 minutes then every 15 minutes for four to 5 hours. Went to bed, morning prep 2nd bottle 4 am.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 29, 2014 3:40 AM

Review by Delue16:

For Bowel Preparation: I was SO scared of the bowel preparation. I gag when I have to gargle with salt water! So I gathered up my courage and took the first bottle of SUPREP. It smells like cherry cough syrup but believe me it doesn't even have a hint of fruit flavor. It tastes like clear salt water. BUT I was able to do it! I held my nose and drank as much as I could with each gulp. In between gulps I would eat a spoon of lemon Italian ice which cut the taste (highly recommend this). It took about 6 or 7 gulps to get it down and then it works pretty quickly. If I can do it, anyone can! I wasn't looking forward to the next dose but at least I knew I could do it. It's the best prep out there.

May 21, 2014 8:35 AM

Review by marleenvdh (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: My first dose went down OK in spite of the repulsive flavor. I have done other bowel preps before. The bowel cleaned out quickly, starting in 15 min. The next morning's dose caused extreme and violent vomiting after taking half the dose. I waited one hour and tried finishing the 2nd dose. Again, extreme and violent vomiting. Prior to colonoscopy, extreme nausea, headache and faintness. After colonoscopy, extreme vomiting, dangerous low blood pressure in spite of having received 2 Zofran against nausea. Unable to eat until following day also weakness and headache. Weakness continued until following day. I am healthy, strong, 45 years old, a runner and lacto-ovo vegetarian. I was told to never use this prep again by GI doctor.

May 3, 2014 9:38 PM

Review by kgindavie:

For Bowel Preparation: I read all the previous reviews before doing the bowel prep and borrowed all the ideas I thought would work for me. Two days before my procedure I kept my diet pretty light with limited meat. The day before was all clear liquids, Gatorade, and coconut water. I was worried about nausea and vomiting so called my doctor who said I should take GasEx 30 minutes before starting the Suprep. I followed the directions on the box but cut some lemon wedges to suck on in between drinks of the liquid. I didn't think it was awful (not as bad as taking Nyquil). No nausea or cramping. It was pretty simple. Did not use GasEx for morning dose and had mild vomiting. Otherwise, much easier than anticipated.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2014 6:16 PM

Review by SC Pooh:

For Bowel Preparation: This is the first time I've had to prep for a colonoscopy and I'm wishing I had checked tips and tricks from others before I started. The Suprep kit works well, but the taste is NOT good. My doctor said to mix the 6oz. bottle with apple juice to the 16oz. mark on the cup, but I didn't think that helped the taste. I could only do a few ounces at a time, wait a few minutes, then do a few more ounces. A STRAW definitely helped get the solution past my taste buds a bit. After finishing the entire first "dose", I found my chief complaint was belching. I was very glad that there was no cramping or abdominal discomfort at all. Definitely need diaper rash cream. Second dose is going in the freezer to get as cold as possible. Just don't stop!

January 30, 2014 9:11 PM

Review by Millie F. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: I used this product for the preparation of my colonoscopy and couldn't be more happy with it. It was easy to drink, I put a little of ginger ale and crystal light (flavor mango peach). I recommend this product.

November 17, 2013 2:28 PM

Review by Hlj1978:

For Bowel Preparation: Taste was terrible. It took 45 mins to get down the first 16 oz dose (6 oz mixed with 10 oz water). About 5 mins after finishing, I began vomiting violently and ended up losing all the prep. Had to go out and get magnesium citrate which was also bad in taste but stayed down.

November 14, 2013 4:42 AM

Review by Lisa-Ohio:

For Bowel Preparation: I tolerated the Suprep better than the Moviprep. The taste was much better. I mixed it with Sprite then drank the 32 oz. of water after. Moviprep made me sick for 3 days after the procedure and I wasn't cleared out good enough, so, my gastro gave me the Suprep and it worked much better. I have to repeat it in 5 years, so, I am going to ask for the Suprep again.

November 3, 2013 5:53 PM

Review by shay-shay kg (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: After watching my husband do his prep last year, I was very worried. He had to drink so much that he got to the point of almost "drowning". After expressing my concerns to my doctor (I cannot eat and drink much do to reflux & other problems) he gave me suprep. I just did round 1 & other than the taste it wasn't bad. I will be SMOTHERING Balmex diaper-rash cream on my skin...applying it in a radius a good distance from the center before round 2. I did use Aquafor (petroleum jelly) after realizing I needed it & fortunately I had Cottenelle moist wipes. I highly recommend preparing your bottom first & pat dry with soft tissue, towel, or blow dry :) Do not leave your bottom wet..it gets sore. I also found baby powder to be useful.

November 3, 2013 3:18 PM

Review by Wasn't so bad (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: First let me say taking this was not bad as one would think in reading some of these other reviews. I mixed the medicine with iced tea and it didn't taste as bad as I expected. I then followed it up with two 16-oz cups of iced tea. Within a half hour I had to go to the bathroom and after a couple of hours I was able to sleep through the night. About 4 hours before the procedure I repeated drinking the medicine with iced tea and two cups of iced tea. Had to go to the bathroom a couple more times and then I was able to relax before heading off for the procedure. I would use this prep in five years when I have my reunion with the doctor.

October 28, 2013 6:53 PM

Review by Marsha, Marsha,Marsha:

For Bowel Preparation: I have been nervously awaiting this test for over five years, so tomorrow morning it will be done and over with, the prep was not as bad. After taste was the worst part...I did my first half at 3:00 pm. I had no food except two pedylite popsicles and a can of chicken broth. The broth was grosser than the drink. I mixed the prep with water, then added ice cubes, with the last inch of it. I did put it in another container with lid and straw, got it down, then drank 33 oz Of water with ice cubes.

October 3, 2013 11:18 PM

Review by Mel22:

For Bowel Preparation: Chugged it down extra water all at once. Bloated. Worked in about an hour - went on for 3 hours. Took at at 2 am per doctors orders including extra water. Worked just about immediately and went on about 2 1/2 hours. Worried about accidents so couldn't go back to sleep. After colonoscopy today - every time I eat or drink anything I have an explosive event. Am starting to think there is no off switch to this.

October 1, 2013 6:35 PM

Review by giovane (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: HERE IS THE TRICKS; it tastes so bad, 1) add large ice cubes make it very cold and you won't taste as much 2) my second dose I took straight up pretty much with just a touch of white grape juice and chased it with green tea, or let the green teas just swish in my mouth to get rid of taste those tips will help; other than that it works and you can! you can! get through 2nd dose with these tips.

July 17, 2013 9:19 PM

Review by NYWinner (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Easier to consume amount required compared to previous method which required drinking huge amount night before (difficulty doing that one). Agree taste is not greatest. I dabbed finger in hot Chinese mustard and coated tongue afterward to get rid of the after-taste. Do whatever works for you. Did not experience chills, excessive bloating, pain, just a full feeling. Started to work in about 1 hour. Started 6 PM, was able to go to bed about 10 PM without need to go again. Repeated process about 5:30 AM, left house 8:30 for clinic, no problems with diarrhea. All in all, it wasn't that difficult or unpleasant. Mental attitude is a big factor.

June 4, 2013 6:50 PM

Review by Darla1544:

For Bowel Preparation: I must be a little strange because I thought Suprep was not that bad. This was my first colonoscopy so I don't have any prior experience to compare it to. Everyone told me the prep was horrible. I took the first dose at 7pm. Smelled and tasted like grape. I mixed with cold, cold water. Drank the first dose in less than 2 mins followed by 2 16oz bottles of water within 20 mins. Made 5 or so trips to the bathroom and went to sleep around 11pm. 2nd dose was at 4am. I was really not looking forward to the 2nd dose. I had a slight headache and I have to say that after I drank each dose I got slightly chilled. But, once the pooping began the chills and headache went away.

May 19, 2013 10:21 AM

Review by ThisDrugSucksBigTime:

For Bowel Preparation: The first dosage of Suprep went down ok at 4 PM. Not pleasant but not horrific. I thought, what is everyone complaining about this is a breeze. Then I got to the second dosage at 10 PM (per my doctor's orders) and gagged from the taste. Ultimately I threw up and had to call the doctor on call. I just had to take an alternative product, magnesium citrate OTC.

May 15, 2013 12:03 AM

Review by Holleeann (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Used Suprep last night. Taste is tolerable. Held my nose and drank it all in one gulp. Then two servings of water within 15 mins. Helps if your stomach is empty first. Bowels kicked in 20 min later and sat on toilet for 1hr and 15 mins. Second dose didn't flush as much out. First round got me good. Get some Balmex diaper rash cream because your butt will hurt.

March 13, 2013 8:31 PM

Review by TomM46:

For Bowel Preparation: Not bad until had to take the water - hard to get all that water down. Do not look forward to 2nd round at 4am.

January 31, 2013 1:16 AM

Review by Sandygh:

For Bowel Preparation: I was glad at first that I did not have to drink that gallon of stuff I had to for my last one. I started the first 16 oz. mixed.. thought it smells a little grape like. I guzzled about 1/4 and almost could not handle it, got down to the last few sips and my throat did not want to swallow anymore, I had to will it to. It was fairly effective, within about 30 mins. It is now going on 9:00 and I am having the worst stomach pains, bloating and extended tummy. The pains comes in waves, and my whole stomach aches. If there is a least common side effect I will have it but as I read in the booklet, it is not that uncommon. I have another bottle to look forward to at 3a.m. My next one..... bring on the gallon.

January 14, 2013 9:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: This medicine has a chalky grape flavor. It wasn't bad at first but got to the point I had a lot of trouble drinking all of it and not puking it up. It comes with 2 bottles you mix with water. After you drink one bottle you have to drink 16oz of water and then drink the 2nd bottle and then drink another 16 oz of water. I had a lot of trouble not puking after the first round. I don't know if I drunk all that stuff too quickly or what because there was no instructions on how to drink the water time wise. I couldn't drink all the water on the 2nd round. I got really sick trying not to vomit and shaking. The kit gives you diarrhea in about 30 mins after drinking. I took it at 6pm and still had diarrhea the next morning. It subsided that afternoon. Little cramps.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2012 8:27 AM

Worked quickly -taste disgusting. There must be a better way to prep for a colonoscopy. OsmoPrep pills were great but can't get them any longer.

May 16, 2012 11:52 PM

More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Professional resources