User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Bowel Preparation 55 reviews 113 medications

7.7
Summary of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit reviews 55 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

For Bowel Preparation "I am a critical care nurse for over 7 years. I have given prep to hundreds of patients over the years, this is my first self experience. At 28 years old, I have to have a colonoscopy and EGD for abdominal pain and bloody stools for over 3 weeks. I have a pretty diverse palate and eat some crazy things, but this: HORRIBLE! I choked down every swig. Smells half decent, tastes terrible. Called my doctor and there really isn't any other prep available. So, I did what I had to do. I will say, the effects weren't terrible. No cramping. No bloating. Only nausea was the gagging to get it down. A few watery stools. I understand it's most likely because of the electrolyte mix, but O. M. G! Something needs to be done about the taste! Indescribable!"

kmicurn (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Obviously no one takes this medicine willingly! That being said I refrigerated both 6oz bottles. I mixed them with cold water and added a packet of lemonade mix. The key to getting this down quickly and tastelessly was to use a very wide straw, not the regular ones. I was able to get each drink down in less than 10 seconds with very little taste. Trust me, get the widest straw you can find. It'll make this experience much more tolerable."

Stevie B May 17, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Seriously - as others have said, DO NOT WORRY about this exam. I get nauseated really easily and worried about the effect of this stuff. The worst part is the volume of fluid you have to drink and then psyching yourself up to doing it a second time. No pain, only some full feeling nausea for about 20 minutes after drinking but it passed quickly. Worked in about an hour and kept working for a few hours - stay on the toilet and minimize wiping. Use babywipes as much as you need. Rinse, repeat. The test is a joke, this is by far the worst part, and I've had indigestion that was far worse than this."

Vaslo (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I have had 9 colonoscopies over the last 15 years, and of all the preps I have used, I dislike this one the most. It is very effective at it's job, but it is also too effective, for I have had loose bowels and watery discharge for over a week. I will report this to my doctor, who I hope will advise his patients to use some other form of prep."

RalphB24 May 14, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "The suprep drink was effective. So effective I was running to the bathroom every 5 minutes for over 4 hours. I'm 29 years old and had my first colonoscopy and endoscopy for abdominal pain. I was so nervous to have this procedure because I heard the prep was awful! After experiencing it firsthand, I have to agree - it was. The drink was terrible. I somehow managed to get the first one down, but when it came time to drink the second one the following morning I puked half of it up. Like someone below said - it was a cherry saltwater hell. I was laying on the floor in my bathroom with the chills. It was probably a combination of no food in my system and drinking the suprep. I hope I never have to drink this stuff again. Ever."

NoMoreColonoscopy May 7, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "This had to be the worst experience I have ever had in my life. I was scheduled for a colonoscopy that had to be cancelled. I started the prep at 5 PM, as instructed. The 2nd prep was to start at 8 PM. I became violently ill. Projectile vomit, like in the Exorcist. I could not keep it down. I call the GI that was on call, who happened to be the one that was going to do my procedure, and he told me that it was "normal" and not to worry. Normal? If you can, I strongly suggest you steer clear of this product."

TechStein May 5, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "SO... DO NOT BE AFRAID!!! I have been panicked for 2 months about the taste of this stuff... I tried the gallon jug stuff 2 months ago and completely wimped out and cancelled the appt... A friend of mine died just last night due to complications from colon cancer if that was not a sign to get this medicine down I don't know what was... ANYWAY... Refrigerate the night before...get crystal light powder mix... mix up a batch and keep in refrigerator over night.. slice up one lemon.. mix your solution with crystal light mixture... I also got a starbucks valencia orange refresher and some pineapple tea.. pour your suprep mixture into 4 4oz cups... suck a lemon..chug one 4oz cup...suck a lemon....wait 5 minutes repeat...drink 32oz of warm tea...."

blyth May 5, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I'm 60 and this was my first. Reading so many horror stories I was nervous. I did eat 5 days before prep only toast and eggs for breakfast and turkey sandwiches on white bread for lunch and dinner. I feel this made my prep easier. Took first dose at 5 pm followed by water. Within the hour I was in the restroom and was finished off and on within 3 hours. Making the water and prep cold and sipping thru straw made it easier. 5 am took the second bottle and water chasers. Everything was clear. I was worried about nothing and the taste is cherry which I am not fond of but better being cold made it easy. I'll never be afraid again. I feel great the colonoscopy is over and all I can say is it wasn't bad at all."

Nickken April 27, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I honestly was not terribly offended by the taste. It tasted like salty grape Koolaide. I did use lemon slices after each drink. I highly recommend walking around after each treatment. It will help to move it along, and get rid of that bloating. I never had nausea, like 10 years ago. All in all, not too bad."

Arbor hills April 19, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Started prep yesterday at 5:30 pm, drank 32oz of water and almost immediately the flood gates opened. It was violent and nonstop. Was pretty much stuck to toilet for three hours and then off and on for another hour or so. Was able to sleep until 5:30 am but had to run to bathroom and it exploded again. Started second prep and could only get about half down and couldn't do anymore without gagging and spitting out. I have cramping and exploding stools again. I hope the drug companies bring back the pill my mom took years ago. I won't do this again."

Miserable Girl April 17, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I will agree with most users, it tastes horrible. However, nothing you can't chug down, and this is coming from a super taster. I rinsed my mouth with Coca-Cola, and sucked on Sunflower seeds after each huge gulp. Started seeing results within an hour. I think the trick is to just sit on the pot as soon as your tummy starts rumbling and stay there for a while so you don't get bloated and achy."

nottobad (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "This was by far easier than the Miralax I had to do for my first prep. I read a lot of reviews on how to make this prep easier and I will for sure share what helped me. 1.) refrigerate it 2.) use water to mix as instructed 3.) add crystal light lemonade packet 4.) drink through straw. Don't chug 5.) bite a lemon every few sips to clear the taste It started working within 25 mins. The flood gates have opened"

Abcdefuck March 31, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Full disclosure...I am a self-professed hypochondriac. I have been frightened out of my wits for years at having a colonoscopy because I have heard all the horror stories. I chose Suprep as it came recommended from a friend. I prepared myself fully...I went on a low-residue diet one week before and I bought Smart Water and drank 2 liters during the day I started my prep to make sure I stayed fully hydrated. At 6:00 p.m. I drank my first 6 oz. in water...not bad. I got it down in 5 large drinks. I waited 40 minutes and then I literally sat on the stool for the next 1-1/2 hours. I had NO GAS PAINS, NO NAUSEA. Nothing!!! I have a very sensitive stomach and was very concerned about getting sick. I set my alarm for 3:00 a.m. and drank my second dose. I sat on the stool for 2 hours until it was time to drive to the hospital. My experience was fantastic. I would rather take this for my chronic constipation than Dulcolax any day of the week. Finally, a great colon prep!"

Raygirl (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I have had 3 other colonoscopy preps. This is by far the most expensive and worst tasting. I was barely able not to vomit. I had nausea and bloating for an hour and a half."

momprn March 10, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Much easier than last prep 10 years ago. It does taste like cough syrup...but I just chugged the first dose and then followed immediately with the water. Cramping as expected but was really over in a couple of hours...so I was even able to go back to sleep for a couple of hours after my 5:30 AM dose."

OldSally (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "The prep kit worked great and was very pleased with its effectiveness. My only complaint is that it tasted horrible! Bad enough to consider not using it next time. I'm writing this review to hope at some point the manufacturer will consider a better tasting alternative. Thanks!"

Jim12345678 March 4, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I was really anxious about using this prep. I went all out when I picked it up and also bought Tucks wipes and Vaseline. I did not end up needing to use either of them even once. This product felt very mild to me. No stomach cramping or nausea like with other laxatives and I never had trouble making it to the bathroom in time. I even "held it" a number of times with no issue. I made about 3 brief visits to the bathroom with each bottle. I did not experience any burning or pain at all, though I did have some chills which was probably from chugging so much cold water! This prep was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I've heard it's the worst part of a colonoscopy, and I'm really hoping that's true! I'm about to head in for mine."

Crystal1413 (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff wasn't too bad! I had a hard time with the first dose as I'm not used to very sugary drinks and such. Because of this, I did think it tasted quite gross. It had a strange grape salty flavor but it was only 16 oz, so it wasn't too bad to get down. I had absolutely no discomfort or nausea. It worked very fast and I was completely clean for the colonoscopy - this was my first colonoscopy and after having read the awful reviews of the gallon jug prep, I went for this stuff."

klp68 February 18, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Refrigerate before use, used very good water to mix with medicine. Drink with straw to help with drinking the mixture. Put rootbeer flavored popsicle(small chunks) in each cheek while drinking solution to cover bad taste. Drink warm tea instead of 16 oz water after finishing prep solution for 2nd dose, it went down much easier than first dose when just water was used for mixing and the required 32oz of water."

msdk December 29, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "Prep is not all that difficult although I am a little sore and did get chills for awhile. But come on! I drank the prep at noon and at 6 pm with a straw and had it down both times in two minutes. Do not sip it. Get it over with. It has done a good job with getting the job done.... much much better than the high volume of liquid I had to drink lasT time."

woohoo (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "Really not a bad experience. The key I think is eating light for the two "low-fibre" days - I ate very little on day 2 - before embarking on day 3 liquid diet and bowel prep. The sour cherry-ish tates is unpleasant but chilled is perfectly drinkable. Effects were immediate and done within one hour - no nuasea or cramping."

Billmit December 18, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "I am having my colonoscopy tomorrow. This will be my 3rd one and I can honestly say this prep was far more tolerant than the ones I've prepped with in the past! I'm GRATEFUL for the comments I was able to read because the lemons truly helped me. I drank the first 16 ounces in 15 minutes. It wasn't as bad as I was dreading. I used a straw and after each drink I sucked the juice out of the lemon. I drank about 21 ounces of water afterwards. The lemon took the taste away a great deal. I started going to the bathroom about an hour and a half later. I drank the second 16 ounces 4 hours later. My bowel started off green, now it's just clear. The taste was of grape salty sweet koolaid."

BlessedOneToo123 December 5, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "After reading all the comments on this site, I was quite anxious for a few days. Finally, I started with my prep today. Surprisingly, it wasn't bad at all! Ok, Suprep wouldn't be my drink of choice, but it is a medicine, and as such, not too bad. Yes, sweet, and salty, and smells like cough syrup, but really not that bad. I diluted it with water at room temperature, and just chugged it down with a straw. I find it easier to drink anything at room temperature. Took 16 oz of water right after, and another 16 oz 30 min later. The action started in about 45 minutes, and lasted for 3.5 hours, but nothing horrible. I just drank the second portion, and most of the water. Hope to be done by midnight and get some rest before the procedure."

NinaFisher November 30, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "My experience with Suprep was excellent! No kidding! I had a colonic (colon hydrotherapy) 24 hours before starting the Suprep, and I also started decreasing my food intake 48 hours before by keeping my meals light and avoiding snacks. After the first dose of Suprep, I didn't have any bowel movement at all. Things started moving about 45 minutes after the second dose and the process was finished within 30 minutes. My bottom was not sore at all because there was very little debris in there due to the colonic and limited food intake beforehand. Also, I didn't have any problem drinking the solution, the taste wasn't that bad."

Mountain Lisa November 24, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "I was pretty freaked out from all the reviews but for me it wasn't awful. I eat healthy and am regular before this so I think that helped. The taste is not great but I swallowed the 16 oz in two large gulps. It slightly reminded me of cough syrup with a bad after taste but I did not vomit or have any issues. I drank the two glasses of water within a half an hour and it started to work in an hour. It wasn't explosive for me just like I had diarrhea so it was doing it's job. I obviously knew this so stayed home. I took it at 5 and was cleared out by 10 and went to bed with no issues. Got up and repeated and about to go for a colonoscopy. So to anyone who is taking it for me it wasn't bad so don't assume it will be awful."

33 year old woman (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2014

Page 1 2 3 Next

More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Professional resources