User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Bowel Preparation 83 reviews 113 medications

7.6
Summary of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit reviews 83 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

For Bowel Preparation "As I sit here after my procedure, I can give an honest and complete review. First, the taste. I was a bit shocked by the salty taste. It's not expected since it smells very sweet like candy cherries. I just chugged down the bottle plus water mix. I immediately downed another 16 oz of water to get the taste out of my mouth. Knowing I had to drink another 16 oz within an hour I could relax and let some of the first 32 oz drain from my stomach. 20 minutes later, all liquid in. Just shy of two hours later it was go time. All in all, it was equal to a bout of the stomach flu without the body aches. Very survivable and uneventful. Second dose, you know how bad it tastes and you are already empty, so it's faster. Have fun."

Lerxt (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Don't get all worked up over this prep, it is 1000 times better than the gallon of GoLyte that I had to take for the previous colonoscopy. I got a tip from a review site. I rubbed some ambesol on the back of my throat with a Q Tip to numb it, took a bite of a lime and chugged down 1/2 of the 16oz of medicine, took another bite of the lime and had a drink of ginger ale. I then repeat the process. I was done within 2 minutes. Taste was not too bad. Drank the additional 32 oz of water within 1/2 hr. Drink it ice cold. Took about an hour to start working. Don't venture to far from the bathroom. Took about 3.5 hrs for the urge to stop. First dose at 3:00 PM second dose at 10:00 PM for a 8:30 procedure. Took it earlier than scheduled"

Ricsha August 23, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "This was my first time taking this prep, and my first colonoscopy. Taste wasn't the worst, but pretty gross. I chilled the mix, used a straw, and had Gatorade and lemon wedges handy. I think this helped a ton. Physically felt fine after first dose. I felt the effects about 1/2 hr after first dose. Second dose was definitely harder to take, I think from not eating and it being so early in the am. Overall, not too bad of an experience to take the prep."

Willamina (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "The first taste of the mix was AWFUL. Its a funky salty thick cherry flavor. They gave me a small window to drink it and then TWO full glasses of water. The medicine made me terribly nauseous and I had a hard time finishing it. It made me shake terribly, light headed and made my heart pound. After about an hour the feeling wore off and the medicine began to work. I went 8 times over the next two hours. The next morning I had to wake up at 330 am to take the second dose. I slammed it as terribly as I didn't want to. Right after I finished it I vomited everywhere. They did still do my test and my bowels were almost cleaned out. I told them I'll never take this prep again. It was my first one and last! I'll take an enema or miralax."

briihudson August 16, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I've had several colonoscopies over the years and Suprep is the best because there's less liquid to get down. I also had no side effects. Much simpler than previous routine which included three different kinds of laxatives and mixing a big bottle of Miralax into a big bottle of Gatorade. Taste is ok, like salty grape juice. I suggest using a straw if you don't like the taste. I'd rate it a 10 except for the cost. I appreciate the coupon they gave me along with the prescription."

Bxgrl (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Bloating was the only side effect, but the prep did not clean me out. My doctor could not see anything requiring me to have another colonoscopy with a different prep."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "this stuff tastes awful. I threw up after the second dose but was able to undergo the colonoscopy anyway. I will ask for something else next time. I haven't vomited since I was a kid - I have a pretty tolerant stomach."

tired and hungry (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "The worst colon prep I have used. It caused bloating, slight nausea, growling stomach, and stomach cramps. I lived in the bathroom. Never ending. Taking one bottle and having to consume about 42 oz of water within one hour AND THEN having to repeat the process six hours later."

RV1 August 2, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "A person should not have to do this 5 times in a lifetime. This prep is going well so far. I mixed the first bottle & water, both refrigerated. It doesn't taste good, but the gallon of golytely was 100 times worse. My second prep years ago had 2 - 2 oz bottles of awful, awful, awful tasting salty stuff. My suggestion is when you start drinking -- gulp it down quickly. I decided to take 2 days to prep by doing a liquid diet for two days. I think that has helped too. "

#5 colonoscopy July 28, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Totally not as bad as expected! I am 18 years old and had to prep for a colonoscopy and an upper endoscopy. I took Suprep as the prep solution. The taste is not awesome, but if you add super cold water, use thick straws, and have fruit juice in between swallows, you'll do fine! I used the split dose - I took the first one at 6pm the night before my procedure (at 6:30am the next morning), and it took about 2 hours. The next dose (at 2:30am, way early!) took about an hour and a half. The anticipation was the worst part. DEFINITELY get Vaseline and baby wipes, these saved my life in those hours! All in all, there's no need to get worked up. No nausea, dizziness or headache. Pretty awesome!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "This is My first colonoscopy and I am a big baby when it comes to liquid medicine. I hate the taste of liquid meds. I won't buy a liquid med. I was scared I would not be able to tolerate it when I had to use it. Yes it taste salty and sweet at the same time. I just held my nose and drank with a straw. I had it down in abut 10 mins and 8 sips with some pep talk to myself. Put it in the fridge when you get it from the pharmacy. And mix with ice cold water. Suck on a lemon between sips. That was what saved me. It started to work about a half hour after my first sip. The worse part is you just go, not warning it just comes out fast. I've had no cramps or chills. Hopefully the second round is as easy."

Karleen77 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I am 28 years old having my first colonoscopy. I had my gallbladder removed a year ago in the emergency room (gall stone lodged in bile duct and I had no idea I even had stones). Ever since then I've had problems with my stomach. I began the prep at 4pm on the dot. Mixed the 6oz with 10oz of low calorie gatorade for the first cup (make sure to not use red purple or orange). Then drank a 16.9oz water bottle. Started feeling nausea and got bloated. But I began the second water bottle and didn't finish it because by 5pm I was in the bathroom. So far my tips are to definitely have baby wipes in the bathroom. Keep close to the bathroom because it happens QUICK. And keep the suprep in the fridge. The cooler it is the easier you can get it down."

Lettythebelly July 26, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I don't understand all the horror stories about Suprep. I had no problem drinking it. It tastes like grape ice pops, but only sweeter..not at all disgusting like some make it to be and I have very picky taste buds. As as as doing its job, I drank the first bottle mixed with cold water at 8 pm followed by 2 additional 16 oz drinks of cold water within the hour. It started taking effect 2 hours later. I had several watery bowel movements till midnight. I then went to sleep and was awakened with another urge to go at 4 am. I then stayed awake and drank the 2nd part of the prep at 6:15 which really did the trick after several runs to the bathroom. This was my 4th colonoscopy and Suprep was by far the best and easiest prep for the procedure."

moviegal July 25, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Overall experience is ok. My mix: refrigerated suprep, slightly chilled water, ginger ale. Drink as fast as you can. After gulping down as much as you can simply suck on a lemon to get rid of the taste. Continue process and it'll be over quickly. The second bottle in the morning is tougher. Might be because your stomach is not expanded and chugging the solution plus two more 16oz bottles of water is really filling. It started working for me 20min after drinking. Be sure to get wet wipes. BTW there's no pain with the bathroom part of it, not like an upset stomach, it takes surprisingly little effort for the bowel movement. Good luck"

Anonymous July 23, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "This was my first colonoscopy so I have no other prep to base it on but after reading several reviews and getting tips from my friends ..here is my report.My test was Tuesday am. I ate very lightly Sat and Sun,low fiber,easily digested foods. Monday, I drank gatorade and broth and ate jello. I started the prep at 6 pm (due to work) I put it in the fridge so it was very cold and also added very cold water as suggested. I used a straw to drink it. The taste is pretty bad but with the straw it went quickly.Within 30 minutes it started working. Around 915 pm it finally stopped. I used baby wipes and vaseline as suggested by another reviewer and it really helped. The am prep wasn't as bad- was only able to do 1/2. The test is a breeze.Good Luck"

samra1962 July 21, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "My father was preparing to undergo a colonoscopy and had to take this stuff. He found the taste to be practically unbearable, and had slight cramping but nothing else. He had the urge to go to the bathroom probably after 2 hours of taking the first dose at 6 pm. A tip is use a straw to ingest it quickly and have a gatorade or another clear liquid fluid present to chase it down with. Also try brushing out your mouth afterwards. G"

luv4God (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "The prep did what it was supposed to do. Man up people. Added crystal light lemonade and sucked on a few lemon wedges between gulps. Tried the straw, made no difference. I did put the prep in fridge day before. It was fine. It doesn't taste delicious but stop being a bunch of babies and just gulp it down."

mrsmerde (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I am a 28 year old female and this is my first time using a prep. I suffer from constipation and I am used to taking laxatives at least once a week. Before the prep, I did not eat breakfast (as advised) which was very hard to do. The chicken broth sucked, so I mainly ate ice cubes and drank water. At 7 pm, I started the prep. After about an hour of drinking the required 32 oz, my tummy started to rumble. The taste is awful, but you can do it. I used the bathrooM until 12 am. I felt extremely exhausted and had a headache. It was also hard for me to fall asleep. I woke up at 8 (an hour later than I should have) and started the prep again. It was extremely hard for me to swallow. After braving up and drinking it as directed, I did feel nausea."

Shawnhayes July 16, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "This was my 5th colonoscopy and first with Suprep. Never got as clean before as I did with this one. It took 5 hours to start working but once it started got clear very quickly. Licked Italian ice between gulps to help mask the taste. I did develop some nausea with both the first and second dose. Tried to walk around to get the Prep from my stomach into intestines where it works I was concerned about the hour drive to the surgical center, but did not need to stop. If you are doing the prep my advice is to try to relax, the prep will soon be over and the rest is easy!"

RATHER NOT June 30, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I was freaking out about how Suprep would taste. I have my procedure tomorrow, so I'm going to comment on here as time progresses. I put both bottles of Suprep mix in the fridge last night. Pharmacist suggested I mix it with ginger ale or 7 up. So I decided to mix it with 7 Up. Honestly, it was not that bad..Everyone makes it out to be the most vile thing they've tasted ever. Was it delicious? No,It was just really sweet, syrupy with a little bit of a bitter after taste.I chugged it. Couldn't do it with a straw, was taking too long. I drank one 16-oz water right after... Felt nauseous and full but not from the Suprep, but from the volume of liquid. So far so good... Will check back in a few hours..."

LeesaH724 June 30, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "By far the best way to have a bowel preparation. Goodbye full gallon!!! Yeak! We've come a long way but the flavour is still difficult to swallow. It took me several hours. First bottle at 6pm, second at midnight. Almost done, almost clear. Hope to be sleeping pretty soon. The insurance didn't cover it but was worth the money."

Antillana (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Having used GoLYTELY as a single dose the last time I can tell you that Suprep in two doses is much easier and not as nasty. 1. Keep it cool or cold. 2. Use a big straw (I used new 3/8 " water line. It was the perfect size). This gets the liquid past most of your tongue and lessens the taste quite a bit. 3. Drink as much as you can in one go. You really don't want to sip this stuff. 4. Suck on a small fresh lemon wedge immediately after drinking. The lemon will taste surprisingly sweet, not sour at all. And it does an incredible job of wiping out the after taste. 5. Drink the first glass of water as soon as you think you can get any of it down. While it is adding more volume to your stomach it is also diluting the Suprep."

Strick (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "This was my first time using suprep . My Dr. Ordered 2 kits to be used . One the day before , with a liquid diet , and one the day of the procedure . He also wrote Zofran ( for nausea) to be taken 30 minutes prior to each dose . That helps tremendously . A few tips I discovered to help get it down . 1) use a large straw with a bendable neck . You can get more volume down and move your nose away from the smell of the prep! 2) cut line wedges to suck immediately after swallowing prep. It cuts the bitter aftertaste . 3) I chased each gulp with lemonade. It seemed to help mask the taste of the prep. All 4 doses down and waiting for my procedure . YOU CAN DO THIS !!!!"

Mom Wilds June 26, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Just plain awful tasting, and after all the pain and suffering, it did not clean me out well enough and so the doctor said I have to have the colonoscopy redone in six months!"

Ecclesiastes June 25, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "OK - disclaimer before I start: I have a fairly regular bowel and rarely experience any stomach discomfort!! I did a lot of reading on the Internet so I felt that I was quite prepared for this experience. I stopped eating solid foods 24 hours before the prep deadline and I only had soup on the morning of prep day. I put the bottles of the mix into the fridge so when the time came, they were nicely chilled. At 4pm the day before the procedure, I used cool water to prepare the first cup which I was able to drink (even though I dislike cherry flavor) quite easily. The "action" started within 45 minutes and I did not experience any pain or nausea or discomfort. I was "done" by 8pm. And it was the same the next morning."

RobJ June 23, 2015

Page 1 2 3 4 Next

More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Professional resources