User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit to treat Bowel Preparation

"I rated this drug high for effectiveness but let me say the taste was hideous. I took the first dose at 4pm and unfortunately for me I had pretty bad cramping until it kicked in and did its job about 4 hours later. I read other reviews and I think this was unusual. I took the second dose around 11:00 pm. This time I followed others advice and licked a lemon between drinks. It was still torturous but it helped. I got it down without vomiting. This was my first and hopefully last experience with a colonoscopy. So I really don't know if there is a better alternative."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2016

"I took the suprep kit this stuff is horrible. I started the first bottle prep at 4:00 this afternoon. With no problem drinking (2) 16oz. bottles of water alone with the 1st bottle. Within 20 minutes I was headed for the bathroom. The second bottle was at 3:00 pm. Tried my best to keep this stuff down on my stomach but, could not. I threw up the second bottle. It still sent me to the bathroom many times. The procedure is scheduled at 8:45 this morning. However, because I threw up the second bottle I am not sure if they can still do the test. Waiting to hear back this morning."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

"This forum helped a lot to adjust my expectations. Expected terrible experience (a lot of side effects sufferers reviewing here), so not so bad. Drank the Suprep cold through a straw in four swigs. Diluted solution with half water, half Gatorade frost, and followed with 32 oz of 3/4 water - 1/4 Gatorade frost. Kept a green Jolly Rancher nearby but didn't need to use it against the taste. Best tip to me was to use a squirt bottle of warm water and blot with tissue from the first expulsions to the end to avoid a sore bottom. There are dozens of episodes of watery expulsion during this 2-stage process! Also kept to a low-fibre, high-hydration diet for several days before the all-clear-liquid diet day. Clean as a whistle."

FirstTimer59 May 12, 2016

"So far so good. I followed the tips to drink it very cold, with a wedge of lemon handy (Best. Tip. Ever.) and through a large straw. It was nasty but drinkable. I had an immediate reaction and apart from feeling a little gross for about an hour after drinking it, it was no big deal. No, I'm not especially looking forward to the next bottle but it's not the worst thing I've had to do. Comparable to warm barium if you ask me."

Elianah-Sharon (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2016

"This is my first experience with Suprep. I read all the reviews, and was wondering how I would react to this prep. I mixed the Suprep with water in the container as directed. It wasn't salty, just very sweet tasting. Very tolerable. Made my blood sugar spike for one hour. I drank it in about ten minutes. Used a straw at first, then just drank it out of the container. I waited about five minutes, then drank one 16oz container of water in about 25 minutes by taking big sips. Waited another five minutes, drank the second 16oz container in the same way. There was some minor bloating but not too bad. No cramping. The Suprep produced results about 25-30 minutes after I started drinking it. I would definitely use this product again!"

DM1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2016

"I have had several Colonoscopies the latest using Suprep which was by far the best of the bunch. Nulytely, Miralax (same stuff different form) and Dulcolax all made me terribly sick, Dulcolax made me so ill I had to cancel the procedure and almost ended up in the ER (in fact if you read the reviews that stuff should not be on the market). The Suprep IS horrible tasting and it did NOT make me sick. The clean out went as expected, lots of watery poop then just water. Doctor happy and I was able to walk in and out unassisted for the first time in 5 colonoscopies"

ETH (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2016

"If I could rate this a zero I would. Please don't waste your time on this medication. Unfortunately colon cancer runs in my family and I had to get this test (which was suppose to be tomorrow) done. I drank the first portion and within 15 minutes I was running to the washroom. 2 hours passed and I starated feeling nauseous. Needless to say I had eneed up tgrowing up every thing. Now I wasted my time and money, I'm going to try the other laxative next time, because this was no good. I hope you take my advise."

Vicky1010 May 5, 2016

"Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (sodium sulfate, potassium sulfate and magnesium sulfate) Taken prior to first colonoscopy in two doses: 1st. at 4:00pm, the second at midnight, for colonoscopy scheduled for the following morning at 9:00am. Poured the first bottle into the provided mixing cup, smelled like cherry flavoring. After mixing with water to the 16oz mark, I began drinking with a straw. It tasted like a cherry-flavored sport drink with extra salt. Not bad, so at that point I just chugged the entire cup. Had the first BM about 40 min later, with watery stool on and off for the next two hours. Second dose worked twice as fast. I experienced no side effects other than the intended result. Site advises complications are <2%."

51 Caucasian Male (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

"Have my colonoscopy tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. Past week adhered to the low residue diet with some exceptions. Day before te prep ate only soup, crackers and white bread. Tried to stayed hydrated. Got up at 8:30 a.m., showered and had a bowel movement. First prep at 10:00 a.m. - didn't eat anything since 8 p.m. night before. Based on other reviews, SurPrep wasn't too bad - taste was tolerable. Hardest part what swallowing 16 oz in one shot, but didn't want to stop & start. Went to the bathroom hourly, had sensations pretty continuous, mild cramps that felt like gas and light-headed probably from not eating. Just took 2nd dose. Stomach is gurgling a lot so will see how it goes tonight. Hope it wraps up and I get some shut-eye."

Gr8lif May 2, 2016

"It has been 15 years since my last colonoscopy, which was at 50 years of age. Prepping for a colonoscopy is never a pleasant experience! However, this was pretty straightforward and not difficult to follow . Yes, the medication is mildly Unpleasant to the palate , but it did the job with very little side effect and in a relatively short period of time. For me results began to take place after approximately 30 minutes of finishing my first dose, and the cleanse was complete in about 5 hours. I do have a somewhat unusual advantage/ disadvantage. I am dealing with a temporary colostomy and that made the wear and tear on my rectum nonexistent. I hope your experience is as good as it can be …"

Hoef (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2016

"Lemon wedges!! It really work to suck on/lick a lemon wedge in between drinks of this nasty stuff. But, if you didn't do that and you vomited it up - get Miralax for the 2nd dose (if you wasted the first). That's what I ended up doing but the 2nd dose of Suprep went down much easier when I went slower, sucked on the lemon, and used a straw."

ChillGlade (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

"This was the most vile, hideous concoction I've ever had the misfortune of consuming. I have a very strong stomach and I was barely able to hold the first dose down and am already dreading the second dose. This is my third colonoscopy. Both previous times, I was given pills and my choice of drinks. I would never recommend the Suprep to another living, breathing creature."

Gutsarumblin (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

"I just took the 5pm dose and threw it all up. I wish someone would have talked to me about this possibility and maybe coached me with the some of the tips I've read in this forum. Now I have the second dose which I am supposed to take in the morning but should I just do it now? I don't know if I can keep it down. I have a call in to the surgery center but I don't know if I'll hear back tonight."

JJJJJJJJJJJKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK April 29, 2016

"So i had to start this at 4pm the day before the colonoscopy, and let me tell you, NASTIEST tasting thing ive ever had to ingest. Very strong taste which is semi nauseating. Got the first bottle down and it took about a half hour for it to kick in. Once it kicked in, there was no stopping. It made my stomach very upset the next day which made it 20 times harder to finish the second bottle. Over all very effective but one of the worst tastes ive ever tasted."

Kc060504 April 26, 2016

"I took the Suprep at 6 & 11pm Sunday. Had procedure Mon @ 7. I was in a lot of pain all over and when I woke from procedure was in worse pain. They sent me home and I was unable to eat or drink, but no vomiting. The pain got worse by evening and I was unable to walk. Off to ER where I was admitted. My Lipase level was over 3000, liver functions very bad, WBC very bad, and Potassium dangerously low!! They had to pump me full of fluids and potassium! Needless to say, Suprep almost killed me!! Never again!! And Never Again on Colonoscopy!! This was my 4th colonoscopy and never had this happen before!! 6 days later and still have diarrhea!!"

jewellz66 April 23, 2016

"DO NOT TAKE SUPREP. It is awful. I could hardly get it down and keep it down. After every gulp or sip I gagged and I actually vomited twice. However it did clean me out. I ended up not even taking one whole bottle of it and I was clear/yellow just like the doc wanted. I feel that this medication is worse tasting and not as effective as the 98 cent stuff you can get from any grocery store. I am still feeling the aftermath of the prep 5 days later. My stomach is still cramping and I still feel like vomiting and I'm having frequent bowel movements. If your doc says they won't do your test unless you take Suprep like mine did, then find another doctor."

BRSMITTY April 19, 2016

"I am scheduled for a 9am colonoscopy for tomorrow but I can't keep the solution down. The taste isn't bad. It just didn't agree with my stomach. I chilled it and added vernors with ice. I sucked on a lemon after I drank half of the first dose. I even took Zofran just in case I experienced any nausea. Well it all came back up within a couple of minutes!!!! I called the answering service of my Gastro office to see what can be done. I've suffered from acid reflux for years and I really need the procedure done. I'm pissed!!!"

RoDogg April 14, 2016

"I took my first dosage at 6pm, 2 hrs. ago. I breathed through my mouth, so all I tasted was slightly grapey, slightly salty. I drank the 32 oz of water in 15 minutes. No cramps or nausea. I ate very lightly yesterday and just drank liquids today. I take my second dose an hour from now, and don't think I'll have any problems."

Gosmo April 8, 2016

"Taste is not horrible but not great. Little too sweet for me, but I am not into sweets. I found it harder to drink the second portion. I highly rcommend licking a lemon wedge after each gulp, helps a lot. I spent a lot of time on the toilet. I drank second portion at 8pm and was still going at 12am. Also, this continued the next morning, obviously not as much though. It did its job cleaning me out. No abdominal cramping or pain; however, after drinking first portion some upper stomach cramping but not bad. Giving it a 9 not a 10 because the taste could be better and I spent a lot of time on the toilet."

JJBronco007 April 7, 2016

"PLEASE PLEASE FIX THE TASTE!!!!! It was quite effective for its intended purpose. It cost me $83 with my insurance. Getting it down was awful. I gagged, choked and threw some back up. I hppe there is something more palatable next time around. I had pills last time - would have preferred them to this prep. PS: it's been 3 full days since my colonoscopy and I still have diarrhea, gas and nausea. Trying to find out why. Had to leave work because of it all today."

Peggy Polyps (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

"I had no problem drinking Suprep when I took the first dose at 5pm 2 days ago, and I did not have any nausea or extreme cramping. It did work to clean my bowel, however within minutes, my heart started to beat very forcefully and in an irregular manner, I started shaking uncontrollably and I was struck by a sudden extremely painful migraine. My blood pressure rose to 211/108 and I ended up in the emergency room. This would have been my 3rd colonoscopy over the years and I never experienced something like this before. It was the first time using Suprep. It has been 2 days now since I drank it, and I still have a migraine. Beware of the side effects, you might be better off with the previously prescribed gallon of laxative !"

ironwoman22 March 26, 2016

"If evil had a taste, it would be this vile, nausea-inducing, gag-causing putrid concoction invented by Lucifer. Dear Lord is there nothing else more palatable? I'm dreading the next one at 3:30."

CocoP (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2016

"This was my second colonoscopy and my doctor has switched to Suprep. The first dose I took worked like a charm although I was very nauseous from it. Started working about an hour after I took it. By the time the second dose was due I was totally nauseous but I drank it anyway and 30 minutes later threw it all up. It tastes horrible! Thank goodness I was cleaned out enough to do the colonoscopy because I would not have done it again. They did find 3 small polyps so I am glad I went through with it. There just has to be a better way. Next time if it is between this and Gatorade I would probably still go with the Suprep and see if there isn't something I could take for the nausea."

snowtrax March 24, 2016

"This is my first colonoscopy prep so I have nothing else to compare to. I followed some suggestions that my doctor recommended which helped. I essentially cut out high fiber foods 3 days before - essentially mostly carbs and protein and no veggies or fruit. I chilled the solution beforehand and using a straw - drank 1/4 of it every 10-15 minutes until it was all gone (per my doctor's suggestion) followed by the 32 oz of water. The taste didn't really bother me but not sure if it was b/c I had a lot of lemon-lime flavored Gatorade right before it and still had that taste from that. Started working within 30 min with no pain or cramping. It's doing its job so I can't really complain. There are far worse things!"

032216 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

"Overall, my experience wasn't terrible. I just drank the second dose at 3 am and it's now 5 am. The flavor, to me, was nauseating just to smell. I'd rather have no flavor at all. It literally was horrid and made the drinking all 48 ounces of liquid in such a short period of time, very difficult. Once I got past the first hour and a half of drinking stuff, the rest wasn't so bad. I had very minimal cramping and it definitely does its job well. I'll just be glad when it's all over completely. But overall, the taste and even the smell made it very very difficult to drink. Could it be made flavorless somehow??? Yuck! Adding the large quantities of liquid so soon after was really tough to. I drink water all day every day, so that's what I drank."

Gretl (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Professional resources