User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit Review Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 90 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit to treat Bowel Preparation

"I was freaking out about how Suprep would taste. I have my procedure tomorrow, so I'm going to comment on here as time progresses. I put both bottles of Suprep mix in the fridge last night. Pharmacist suggested I mix it with ginger ale or 7 up. So I decided to mix it with 7 Up. Honestly, it was not that bad..Everyone makes it out to be the most vile thing they've tasted ever. Was it delicious? No,It was just really sweet, syrupy with a little bit of a bitter after taste.I chugged it. Couldn't do it with a straw, was taking too long. I drank one 16-oz water right after... Felt nauseous and full but not from the Suprep, but from the volume of liquid. So far so good... Will check back in a few hours..."

LeesaH724 June 30, 2015

"By far the best way to have a bowel preparation. Goodbye full gallon!!! Yeak! We've come a long way but the flavour is still difficult to swallow. It took me several hours. First bottle at 6pm, second at midnight. Almost done, almost clear. Hope to be sleeping pretty soon. The insurance didn't cover it but was worth the money."

Antillana (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015

"Having used GoLYTELY as a single dose the last time I can tell you that Suprep in two doses is much easier and not as nasty. 1. Keep it cool or cold. 2. Use a big straw (I used new 3/8 " water line. It was the perfect size). This gets the liquid past most of your tongue and lessens the taste quite a bit. 3. Drink as much as you can in one go. You really don't want to sip this stuff. 4. Suck on a small fresh lemon wedge immediately after drinking. The lemon will taste surprisingly sweet, not sour at all. And it does an incredible job of wiping out the after taste. 5. Drink the first glass of water as soon as you think you can get any of it down. While it is adding more volume to your stomach it is also diluting the Suprep."

Strick (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2015

"This was my first time using suprep . My Dr. Ordered 2 kits to be used . One the day before , with a liquid diet , and one the day of the procedure . He also wrote Zofran ( for nausea) to be taken 30 minutes prior to each dose . That helps tremendously . A few tips I discovered to help get it down . 1) use a large straw with a bendable neck . You can get more volume down and move your nose away from the smell of the prep! 2) cut line wedges to suck immediately after swallowing prep. It cuts the bitter aftertaste . 3) I chased each gulp with lemonade. It seemed to help mask the taste of the prep. All 4 doses down and waiting for my procedure . YOU CAN DO THIS !!!!"

Mom Wilds June 26, 2015

"Just plain awful tasting, and after all the pain and suffering, it did not clean me out well enough and so the doctor said I have to have the colonoscopy redone in six months!"

Ecclesiastes June 25, 2015

"OK - disclaimer before I start: I have a fairly regular bowel and rarely experience any stomach discomfort!! I did a lot of reading on the Internet so I felt that I was quite prepared for this experience. I stopped eating solid foods 24 hours before the prep deadline and I only had soup on the morning of prep day. I put the bottles of the mix into the fridge so when the time came, they were nicely chilled. At 4pm the day before the procedure, I used cool water to prepare the first cup which I was able to drink (even though I dislike cherry flavor) quite easily. The "action" started within 45 minutes and I did not experience any pain or nausea or discomfort. I was "done" by 8pm. And it was the same the next morning."

RobJ June 23, 2015

"I took Suprep three years ago, and now again yesterday and today. On a positive note, it's good to be able to drink most of the liquid as plain water. It also worked without cramping. I want to thank the person on this site that suggested dividing the 16 oz. cup of Suprep and liquid into four portions. Even though I was drinking the same amount, it seemed easier tackling each smaller portion at a time. I kept hard mints handy to suck on between drinks and it helped. On the downside, I did experience some nausea for a few hours. Someday I hope to just be able to take a pill for the prep."

Retts June 16, 2015

"Took the first dose about 20 minutes ago and waiting! I was dreading drinking this prep but it really was not bad at all! I chilled the bottle first and then mixed it with cold drinking water and ginger ale to fill to the 16 oz line. I used two straws at once and sucked on half of a lemon in between the three gulps to get it down!! Let's hope the second dose goes down like this!!"

Pruchick June 4, 2015

"Was very nervous to take this prep. I ev e n cancelled my first appt. I took this prep at 6pm and it's 745 pm and I only had slight tummy rumbling and 4 watery movements. Worst part so far is drinking the prep and being hungry. So far not bad. I'm just hoping it stays that way but I still have the 2nd dose to take in morning."

Mamabutt June 1, 2015

"I am a critical care nurse for over 7 years. I have given prep to hundreds of patients over the years, this is my first self experience. At 28 years old, I have to have a colonoscopy and EGD for abdominal pain and bloody stools for over 3 weeks. I have a pretty diverse palate and eat some crazy things, but this: HORRIBLE! I choked down every swig. Smells half decent, tastes terrible. Called my doctor and there really isn't any other prep available. So, I did what I had to do. I will say, the effects weren't terrible. No cramping. No bloating. Only nausea was the gagging to get it down. A few watery stools. I understand it's most likely because of the electrolyte mix, but O. M. G! Something needs to be done about the taste! Indescribable!"

kmicurn (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2015

"Obviously no one takes this medicine willingly! That being said I refrigerated both 6oz bottles. I mixed them with cold water and added a packet of lemonade mix. The key to getting this down quickly and tastelessly was to use a very wide straw, not the regular ones. I was able to get each drink down in less than 10 seconds with very little taste. Trust me, get the widest straw you can find. It'll make this experience much more tolerable."

Stevie B May 17, 2015

"Seriously - as others have said, DO NOT WORRY about this exam. I get nauseated really easily and worried about the effect of this stuff. The worst part is the volume of fluid you have to drink and then psyching yourself up to doing it a second time. No pain, only some full feeling nausea for about 20 minutes after drinking but it passed quickly. Worked in about an hour and kept working for a few hours - stay on the toilet and minimize wiping. Use babywipes as much as you need. Rinse, repeat. The test is a joke, this is by far the worst part, and I've had indigestion that was far worse than this."

Vaslo (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2015

"I have had 9 colonoscopies over the last 15 years, and of all the preps I have used, I dislike this one the most. It is very effective at it's job, but it is also too effective, for I have had loose bowels and watery discharge for over a week. I will report this to my doctor, who I hope will advise his patients to use some other form of prep."

RalphB24 May 14, 2015

"The suprep drink was effective. So effective I was running to the bathroom every 5 minutes for over 4 hours. I'm 29 years old and had my first colonoscopy and endoscopy for abdominal pain. I was so nervous to have this procedure because I heard the prep was awful! After experiencing it firsthand, I have to agree - it was. The drink was terrible. I somehow managed to get the first one down, but when it came time to drink the second one the following morning I puked half of it up. Like someone below said - it was a cherry saltwater hell. I was laying on the floor in my bathroom with the chills. It was probably a combination of no food in my system and drinking the suprep. I hope I never have to drink this stuff again. Ever."

NoMoreColonoscopy May 7, 2015

"This had to be the worst experience I have ever had in my life. I was scheduled for a colonoscopy that had to be cancelled. I started the prep at 5 PM, as instructed. The 2nd prep was to start at 8 PM. I became violently ill. Projectile vomit, like in the Exorcist. I could not keep it down. I call the GI that was on call, who happened to be the one that was going to do my procedure, and he told me that it was "normal" and not to worry. Normal? If you can, I strongly suggest you steer clear of this product."

TechStein May 5, 2015

"SO... DO NOT BE AFRAID!!! I have been panicked for 2 months about the taste of this stuff... I tried the gallon jug stuff 2 months ago and completely wimped out and cancelled the appt... A friend of mine died just last night due to complications from colon cancer if that was not a sign to get this medicine down I don't know what was... ANYWAY... Refrigerate the night before...get crystal light powder mix... mix up a batch and keep in refrigerator over night.. slice up one lemon.. mix your solution with crystal light mixture... I also got a starbucks valencia orange refresher and some pineapple tea.. pour your suprep mixture into 4 4oz cups... suck a lemon..chug one 4oz cup...suck a lemon....wait 5 minutes repeat...drink 32oz of warm tea...."

blyth May 5, 2015

"I'm 60 and this was my first. Reading so many horror stories I was nervous. I did eat 5 days before prep only toast and eggs for breakfast and turkey sandwiches on white bread for lunch and dinner. I feel this made my prep easier. Took first dose at 5 pm followed by water. Within the hour I was in the restroom and was finished off and on within 3 hours. Making the water and prep cold and sipping thru straw made it easier. 5 am took the second bottle and water chasers. Everything was clear. I was worried about nothing and the taste is cherry which I am not fond of but better being cold made it easy. I'll never be afraid again. I feel great the colonoscopy is over and all I can say is it wasn't bad at all."

Nickken April 27, 2015

"I honestly was not terribly offended by the taste. It tasted like salty grape Koolaide. I did use lemon slices after each drink. I highly recommend walking around after each treatment. It will help to move it along, and get rid of that bloating. I never had nausea, like 10 years ago. All in all, not too bad."

Arbor hills April 19, 2015

"Started prep yesterday at 5:30 pm, drank 32oz of water and almost immediately the flood gates opened. It was violent and nonstop. Was pretty much stuck to toilet for three hours and then off and on for another hour or so. Was able to sleep until 5:30 am but had to run to bathroom and it exploded again. Started second prep and could only get about half down and couldn't do anymore without gagging and spitting out. I have cramping and exploding stools again. I hope the drug companies bring back the pill my mom took years ago. I won't do this again."

Miserable Girl April 17, 2015

"I will agree with most users, it tastes horrible. However, nothing you can't chug down, and this is coming from a super taster. I rinsed my mouth with Coca-Cola, and sucked on Sunflower seeds after each huge gulp. Started seeing results within an hour. I think the trick is to just sit on the pot as soon as your tummy starts rumbling and stay there for a while so you don't get bloated and achy."

nottobad (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2015

"This was by far easier than the Miralax I had to do for my first prep. I read a lot of reviews on how to make this prep easier and I will for sure share what helped me. 1.) refrigerate it 2.) use water to mix as instructed 3.) add crystal light lemonade packet 4.) drink through straw. Don't chug 5.) bite a lemon every few sips to clear the taste It started working within 25 mins. The flood gates have opened"

Abcdefuck March 31, 2015

"Full disclosure...I am a self-professed hypochondriac. I have been frightened out of my wits for years at having a colonoscopy because I have heard all the horror stories. I chose Suprep as it came recommended from a friend. I prepared myself fully...I went on a low-residue diet one week before and I bought Smart Water and drank 2 liters during the day I started my prep to make sure I stayed fully hydrated. At 6:00 p.m. I drank my first 6 oz. in water...not bad. I got it down in 5 large drinks. I waited 40 minutes and then I literally sat on the stool for the next 1-1/2 hours. I had NO GAS PAINS, NO NAUSEA. Nothing!!! I have a very sensitive stomach and was very concerned about getting sick. I set my alarm for 3:00 a.m. and drank my second dose. I sat on the stool for 2 hours until it was time to drive to the hospital. My experience was fantastic. I would rather take this for my chronic constipation than Dulcolax any day of the week. Finally, a great colon prep!"

Raygirl (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2015

"I have had 3 other colonoscopy preps. This is by far the most expensive and worst tasting. I was barely able not to vomit. I had nausea and bloating for an hour and a half."

momprn March 10, 2015

"Much easier than last prep 10 years ago. It does taste like cough syrup...but I just chugged the first dose and then followed immediately with the water. Cramping as expected but was really over in a couple of hours...so I was even able to go back to sleep for a couple of hours after my 5:30 AM dose."

OldSally (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

"The prep kit worked great and was very pleased with its effectiveness. My only complaint is that it tasted horrible! Bad enough to consider not using it next time. I'm writing this review to hope at some point the manufacturer will consider a better tasting alternative. Thanks!"

Jim12345678 March 4, 2015

Page 1 2 3 Next

Learn more about Bowel Preparation

More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Professional resources