User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit review summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 90 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit to treat Bowel Preparation

Review by SC Pooh: User Rating:

This is the first time I've had to prep for a colonoscopy and I'm wishing I had checked tips and tricks from others before I started. The Suprep kit works well, but the taste is NOT good. My doctor said to mix the 6oz. bottle with apple juice to the 16oz. mark on the cup, but I didn't think that helped the taste. I could only do a few ounces at a time, wait a few minutes, then do a few more ounces. A STRAW definitely helped get the solution past my taste buds a bit. After finishing the entire first "dose", I found my chief complaint was belching. I was very glad that there was no cramping or abdominal discomfort at all. Definitely need diaper rash cream. Second dose is going in the freezer to get as cold as possible. Just don't stop!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 30, 2014 9:11 PM
Review by Millie F. (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I used this product for the preparation of my colonoscopy and couldn't be more happy with it. It was easy to drink, I put a little of ginger ale and crystal light (flavor mango peach). I recommend this product.

November 17, 2013 2:28 PM
Review by Hlj1978: User Rating:

Taste was terrible. It took 45 mins to get down the first 16 oz dose (6 oz mixed with 10 oz water). About 5 mins after finishing, I began vomiting violently and ended up losing all the prep. Had to go out and get magnesium citrate which was also bad in taste but stayed down.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 14, 2013 4:42 AM
Review by Lisa-Ohio: User Rating:

I tolerated the Suprep better than the Moviprep. The taste was much better. I mixed it with Sprite then drank the 32 oz. of water after. Moviprep made me sick for 3 days after the procedure and I wasn't cleared out good enough, so, my gastro gave me the Suprep and it worked much better. I have to repeat it in 5 years, so, I am going to ask for the Suprep again.

November 3, 2013 5:53 PM
Review by shay-shay kg (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

After watching my husband do his prep last year, I was very worried. He had to drink so much that he got to the point of almost "drowning". After expressing my concerns to my doctor (I cannot eat and drink much do to reflux & other problems) he gave me suprep. I just did round 1 & other than the taste it wasn't bad. I will be SMOTHERING Balmex diaper-rash cream on my skin...applying it in a radius a good distance from the center before round 2. I did use Aquafor (petroleum jelly) after realizing I needed it & fortunately I had Cottenelle moist wipes. I highly recommend preparing your bottom first & pat dry with soft tissue, towel, or blow dry :) Do not leave your bottom wet..it gets sore. I also found baby powder to be useful.

November 3, 2013 3:18 PM
Review by Wasn't so bad (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

First let me say taking this was not bad as one would think in reading some of these other reviews. I mixed the medicine with iced tea and it didn't taste as bad as I expected. I then followed it up with two 16-oz cups of iced tea. Within a half hour I had to go to the bathroom and after a couple of hours I was able to sleep through the night. About 4 hours before the procedure I repeated drinking the medicine with iced tea and two cups of iced tea. Had to go to the bathroom a couple more times and then I was able to relax before heading off for the procedure. I would use this prep in five years when I have my reunion with the doctor.

October 28, 2013 6:53 PM
Review by Marsha, Marsha,Marsha: User Rating:

I have been nervously awaiting this test for over five years, so tomorrow morning it will be done and over with, the prep was not as bad. After taste was the worst part...I did my first half at 3:00 pm. I had no food except two pedylite popsicles and a can of chicken broth. The broth was grosser than the drink. I mixed the prep with water, then added ice cubes, with the last inch of it. I did put it in another container with lid and straw, got it down, then drank 33 oz Of water with ice cubes.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 3, 2013 11:18 PM
Review by Mel22: User Rating:

Chugged it down extra water all at once. Bloated. Worked in about an hour - went on for 3 hours. Took at at 2 am per doctors orders including extra water. Worked just about immediately and went on about 2 1/2 hours. Worried about accidents so couldn't go back to sleep. After colonoscopy today - every time I eat or drink anything I have an explosive event. Am starting to think there is no off switch to this.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 1, 2013 6:35 PM
Review by giovane (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

HERE IS THE TRICKS; it tastes so bad, 1) add large ice cubes make it very cold and you won't taste as much 2) my second dose I took straight up pretty much with just a touch of white grape juice and chased it with green tea, or let the green teas just swish in my mouth to get rid of taste those tips will help; other than that it works and you can! you can! get through 2nd dose with these tips.

July 17, 2013 9:19 PM
Review by NYWinner (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Easier to consume amount required compared to previous method which required drinking huge amount night before (difficulty doing that one). Agree taste is not greatest. I dabbed finger in hot Chinese mustard and coated tongue afterward to get rid of the after-taste. Do whatever works for you. Did not experience chills, excessive bloating, pain, just a full feeling. Started to work in about 1 hour. Started 6 PM, was able to go to bed about 10 PM without need to go again. Repeated process about 5:30 AM, left house 8:30 for clinic, no problems with diarrhea. All in all, it wasn't that difficult or unpleasant. Mental attitude is a big factor.

June 4, 2013 6:50 PM
Review by Darla1544: User Rating:

I must be a little strange because I thought Suprep was not that bad. This was my first colonoscopy so I don't have any prior experience to compare it to. Everyone told me the prep was horrible. I took the first dose at 7pm. Smelled and tasted like grape. I mixed with cold, cold water. Drank the first dose in less than 2 mins followed by 2 16oz bottles of water within 20 mins. Made 5 or so trips to the bathroom and went to sleep around 11pm. 2nd dose was at 4am. I was really not looking forward to the 2nd dose. I had a slight headache and I have to say that after I drank each dose I got slightly chilled. But, once the pooping began the chills and headache went away.

May 19, 2013 10:21 AM
Review by ThisDrugSucksBigTime: User Rating:

The first dosage of Suprep went down ok at 4 PM. Not pleasant but not horrific. I thought, what is everyone complaining about this is a breeze. Then I got to the second dosage at 10 PM (per my doctor's orders) and gagged from the taste. Ultimately I threw up and had to call the doctor on call. I just had to take an alternative product, magnesium citrate OTC.

May 15, 2013 12:03 AM
Review by Holleeann (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Used Suprep last night. Taste is tolerable. Held my nose and drank it all in one gulp. Then two servings of water within 15 mins. Helps if your stomach is empty first. Bowels kicked in 20 min later and sat on toilet for 1hr and 15 mins. Second dose didn't flush as much out. First round got me good. Get some Balmex diaper rash cream because your butt will hurt.

March 13, 2013 8:31 PM
Review by TomM46: User Rating:

Not bad until had to take the water - hard to get all that water down. Do not look forward to 2nd round at 4am.

January 31, 2013 1:16 AM
Review by Sandygh:

I was glad at first that I did not have to drink that gallon of stuff I had to for my last one. I started the first 16 oz. mixed.. thought it smells a little grape like. I guzzled about 1/4 and almost could not handle it, got down to the last few sips and my throat did not want to swallow anymore, I had to will it to. It was fairly effective, within about 30 mins. It is now going on 9:00 and I am having the worst stomach pains, bloating and extended tummy. The pains comes in waves, and my whole stomach aches. If there is a least common side effect I will have it but as I read in the booklet, it is not that uncommon. I have another bottle to look forward to at 3a.m. My next one..... bring on the gallon.

January 14, 2013 9:49 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

This medicine has a chalky grape flavor. It wasn't bad at first but got to the point I had a lot of trouble drinking all of it and not puking it up. It comes with 2 bottles you mix with water. After you drink one bottle you have to drink 16oz of water and then drink the 2nd bottle and then drink another 16 oz of water. I had a lot of trouble not puking after the first round. I don't know if I drunk all that stuff too quickly or what because there was no instructions on how to drink the water time wise. I couldn't drink all the water on the 2nd round. I got really sick trying not to vomit and shaking. The kit gives you diarrhea in about 30 mins after drinking. I took it at 6pm and still had diarrhea the next morning. It subsided that afternoon. Little cramps.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 8, 2012 8:27 AM
Review by Anxious to get this over with!: User Rating:

Tasted strangely like an old Sweet Tart candy. I would not recommend putting it into anything other than water.

April 17, 2012 4:04 PM
Review by Ms. Yuck: User Rating:

Suprep Bowel Prep doesn't taste as horrible as the GoLightly did; but that's not saying there's much of an improvement. It certainly works quickly; approximately 20 minutes. Then it works frequently.

November 27, 2011 5:32 PM

More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Professional resources