User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 91 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit to treat Bowel Preparation

"I read a lot of reviews and here's what worked for me - 3 days ahead I ate a low fiber diet, cut my calories in almost half and drank lots of water. The day before I had a slight hunger headache but managed ok on the liquid diet. I drank my first "cocktail" at 6pm, topping it off with a splash of gingerale. I forgot the straw but put a bit of Anbusol on my tongue (which was icky tasting.) I didn't find it horrible just was aware that it's a different consistency than pure water. I brushed my teeth and took about 40 minutes to drink the 32 ounces of water. Things got going 50 min later, for about 2 hours. No cramping, gentle elimination, just chills from all the cold liquid so am sipping tea now. I start again at 3:30am. Good luck!"

Mamapal (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

"I am on my 3rd colonoscopy and 3rd experience with this kit and I really struggle with the taste. it without a doubt does the job it's meant to do, but the taste! I have found, however, that if I eat a cold Popsicle or Italian ice before trying to chug this down, it numbs the mouth a little. I still need to take breaks between chugs and get some more Popsicle in to do some more damage control, but I have definitely found that it helps more than other things I've tried."

KYank February 9, 2016

"Tastes like Tonic Water & Wild Berry Kool-Aid mix! Made the mistake of downing the first batch all at once and as noted felt bloated and slightly nauseous. Worked within 20 minutes and ended 2-1/2 hours later with "muddy" running water. Currently going through 2nd batch. Missed my coffee & waffles this morning and boy does my stomach rumble!"

Erikku February 5, 2016

"I'm 23 years old and was scheduled for a colonoscopy due to irregular bowel movements. Since I can't write my whole experience let me just say it was awful. I managed to get about 2/3 of the first dose down while holding my nose using a straw and sucking on a lemon and then taking a swig of juice. After that 2/3 my stomach could not take anymore I immediately started to vomit after each sip like uncontroably to the point of where I had to stop the prep and for the rest of the night I was violently throwing up with an extreme headache like having two migraines at the same time. I had to cancel my procedure as I couldn't keep anything else down after."

Marisas11 (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

"For me Suprep was very effective, but very unpleasant. I have an irritable bowel already so this was like adding a turbo booster. First dose at 7pm kicked in around 45 minutes after I started. I was back and forth to the bathroom for about 3 hours and then was able to sleep until 4am for second dose. Forced down about 2/3rds of that dose (gagging badly) and was on the toilet for another 2 hours. Like many others, I found the taste to be terrible. It started out as bearable, but with each chug it got worse. Was swallowing so much air that I was nauseous until I could finally get some burps out. I also had chills (normal). Following a smooth procedure this morning, lunch went right through me. Took Imodium, hoping things settle down"

AngryBowel (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

"It gets the job done. Tastes gross and I personally had a hard time keeping it down but I managed. It took about 2 hours for the first dose to kick in and I've been going since. Took the 2nd dose an hour ago and almost clear!"

UCchick (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2016

"It certainly gets the job done. It began working on me quickly like within the next 30 min if not sooner. I did have some cramping with mine, but wasn't terrible. An A in this area. The taste, absolutely awful and I had to stop to chew big red gum in between so many sips to keep from vomiting. It tastes like salty thick grape cough syrup and has a terrible aftertaste. I wish it could've tasted better, but oh well its for a purpose."

MsAlabama (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2016

"This is the worst tasting prep I have EVER prepped with. It taste like grape kool-aide and salt water. My stomach is distended and cramping. This is my third or fourth colonoscopy. This so far feels and taste the worst. Not sure how well prep works, I've only done the first half. At this point I don't care as long as I get some relief from the bloating Soon!!!"

Gaggin&cramping January 19, 2016

"First of all, if you think that the prep is going to taste terribly, then it will taste terribly. You MUST put a positive thought in your head that it won't be too bad. It's amazing how your mind can take over the rest of your body. I put the first 6 oz. bottle in the refrigerator over night to chill it. Poured it in the plastic cup the next day, added cold water from the fridge to almost the 16oz. line and added cold ginger ale to the line. Drank it through a straw and you know what? It wasn't bad tasting. Drank two 16oz. cups of half cold water and apple juice through a straw. The whole thing took about 10 minutes. Gonna do the same thing tomorrow morning for the 2nd bottle. No lemons or anything else."

chas521 January 6, 2016

"I used Suprep to prepare for a colonoscopy. I was worried after reading other reviews, because I have a super weak stomach (the smell of wet cat food makes me vomit). The suprep tastes terrible, but I combined other tips and was able to keep it down with no issues. I chilled the Suprep overnight, and mixed it with Ginger Ale. I had lemon slices ready, and licked them between sips. I used a straw, which helped a bit. I also chewed Big Red gum in between. I divided the prep into three cups, but poured so the first cup had the most, the second about 2/3 the first cup amount and the last cup only about 1/3 the first cup amount. This really helped mentally for me. I was able to complete the prep and the doc said my prep was "pristine""

TaraGS January 6, 2016

"It tastes SO BAD. I don't know how the got the taste and smell of Robitussin (spelling?) cough syrup but I couldn't finish the second bottle. I've hated he smell and flavor since I was a kid so I couldn't choke it down twice. However. It works really really well."

Cough syrup December 29, 2015

"I had no problems with Suprep. I took the first dose and it worked about 1.5 hours later. The taste was not bad at all. No nausea, no cramps, just a little bit of dizziness and it made my eyes red. I was completely cleared out for my procedure."

Anonymous December 22, 2015

"Drinking this is what comes to mind if someone asked you to combine cherry cough syrup with seawater, with none of the fun of being at the beach. I'm sure the folks who came up with this had some fun. A couple facts: you will gag at minimum, you may throw up, you will never want to prep again and it will work if you can down it. I have no tips to make it better. Just thinking about it makes me gag. First dose at 6:00, worked within the hour. Just did my second dose at 9:30 and 15 minutes later, I already feel ready to empty. Good luck."

cherry seawater (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 22, 2015

"This, by far, this is the worst tasting stuff I have ever, ever, ever tried to ingest. It tastes like somebody had dumped a box of salt in water w/a little grape juice. I squirted lemon in my mouth after each drink. It took me nearly one hour to get 16 ounces down. Drinking the 16 ounces of water later was so much easier. I gagged and gagged and gagged! The straw did not help, so little by little I drank it. So, I'm waiting for it to work. This is the first time I've used the liquid prep. I usually use the gigantic pills, and while they are huge, it is so much better than this liquid stuff. I cannot believe that the drug companies can't come up with something that is tasteless. Or, leave out the flavoring.."

BK December 17, 2015

"Suprep was not a problem for me. Third colonoscopy, first two were Dulcolax with Mag Citrate. My GI doc changed it to Suprep for this time. I'm used to strong tasting things, so Suprep was no match for me. Chugged it down quickly both day before and morning of the colonoscopy, plus the water afterwards. It keeps working a long time, that's what you need to be prepared for. But the taste, come on, this is nothing."

WildWing December 17, 2015

"OMG the horrible taste. But it worked in 30 minutes then kept working for 4 hours."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

"The first dose I threw up about 1/3 after mixing with water the 2nd dose I threw up about 1/2."

TracieHunz December 14, 2015

"I have had two intestinal surgeries - hence, numerous bowel preps for testing pre and post. Suprep was - by far- the easiest bowel prep I have used to date. It was so easy, no cramps, no burning, etc. It also turned a two-day prep into one evening."

VE10 December 11, 2015

"My third colonoscopy, and first time using Suprep - Yes, the taste is similar to salty, grape-flavored cough syrup. Was able to drink it down using a straw, and was able to follow it with the first 16-oz cup of water - it did indeed work fast! in less than 30 mins for me. However, I was so waterlogged I could barely drink the second 16-oz cup of water, and the sensation of wanting to vomit was there (not for the Suprep, but for the additional 2 cups of water!!) - My next does will be tomorrow morning (10am); with my procedure starting at 2pm. This process and produce is so much better than my first experience. Though I wish there was an easier means to be cleaned out."

NorthMom57 December 10, 2015

"I was terrified to do the bowel prep after reading reviews about it because there were way more bad ones than good but I'm here to tell you this prep is a piece of cake. This is coming from a 20 y/o, 130 pounds, and I hate water. I barely drink this much water in a week and I was still ok. I took the first dose at 8pm and by 815 I was going to the bathroom. By 11pm I had close to 25 bms so it definitely does its job. After I drank the prep the excessive hunger I had been feeling all day was gone! I wasn't nauseous whatsoever. I just woke up and took my 2nd dose 20 minutes ago and my colonoscopy is at 11! Great experience overall! I would definitely recommend it :)"

Corinneeee December 9, 2015

"The taste is certainly not delicious, but not awful either. I drank it slowly, through a straw, and it began working around 1 hour later. Want to say that a few days before, I ate very light meals, so I cleaned out with only the night time bottle. When your discharge looks the color of Mt. Dew, you're clean. I avoided the morning bottle and the GI dr. said I was cleaned out sufficiently. I experienced chills with the prep and some nausea. Used butterscotch hard candy to suck on after drinking the prep to help get rid of the after taste."

Beegie (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 9, 2015

"I can not get over the nausea that starts after the first chug. I know I have to try to plug my nose and swallow. Tried the variations of liquid with it and this being my third, nothing helps. I resist puking as long as possible. I went the entire day on clear liquids, until after that first bottle. Yup. I ate four crackers. That did help some as the taste left is absolutely awful. I would rather take any pill (in any combination of pills) than drink this!! GI Specialists, please listen. We take time out of our busy lives to actually Share & Voice our concerns and opinions. We want a different choice. Why?? THE TASTE MAKES US PUKE. The taste does not go away. This impedes proper preparation and care. We deserve better."

Nurse Nan (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

"It wasn't the colonoscopy I feared, but drinking the stuff. I survived and you can too. The flavor was exactly like Fanta or Crush grape soda (without the fizz), but the after-taste was nasty. I made it cold, and used a straw to drink it. First dose took me about three or four big drinks w/the straw, and in between I rinsed my mouth with water. I gagged a little, but I'm a big baby when it comes to liquid medicine. Second dose was middle of the night, and a bit harder to get down. NO pain, gas, cramps or racing to bathroom, which surprised me. Don't let your fear of drinking this stop you from getting a colononscopy, it's not that bad. good luck. go do it, and get it over with! If I drank 16 oz twice, you can too! Really, you can. :)"

just get it done! November 28, 2015

"I had my first colonoscopy yesterday and used the suprep. Following other suggestions, I mixed with 7 up and cold water, and also refrigerated the two bottles before use. To warn others who might be like me---it did NOT work within one or two, or even four hours for me. I drank the first bottle and two cups of water around 6:30 pm (my procedure was at 9), and absolutely nothing happened until about 4:40 am, when it was time to drink bottle #2! It worked great (and very swiftly at that point) and my procedure was successful, but just be warned it does not always work right after consuming the first dose, especially for those of us with (ahem) slower motility."

kms87 (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2015

"Just had my 1st colonoscopy using Suprep. Ok, here's the deal: It tastes really awful. Really, really awful. By far, the absolute worst thing I have ever tasted. One half hour after the first dose 32 oz of water and apple juice, I projectile vomited. At one point, my system was being flushed from both ends, which indicated that it actually did work. Oy. Relief. I was unable to finish the next morning's prep without having a violent reaction. I vomited almost immediately about 5 times. Was completely unable to keep this stuff down. Still, apparently, I was cleaned out enough to go ahead with the Colonoscopy. If there's an alternative to this horribleness in 10 years, sign me up! Also- what's up with the price? Outrageous."

Health Mama 48 (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2015

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Professional resources