User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq Review Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 47 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Obesity

"I have been on Belviq for 1 week and 1 day. Day 1 was just awful. I felt "stoned", dizzy, brain fog, tight chest, extremely tired. The positive: virtually instantaneous appetite suppression, and more than that - a feeling of satisfaction after eating only a fraction of what I normally ate. So I decided to play out the side effects and see if they went away. Each day was a little better than the last. By day 4 I was feeling mostly normal - more like a benedryl fog than a stoned feeling now. Other side effects were a mild cough, some ear/jaw pain, sneezing fits and general weirdness. It is mostly gone now and I am down 3lbs. Glad I stuck with it. I am in it for the long haul. I desperately want to be one of those before and after people!"

CLash (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2015

"I am rating this drug a 5 at this point because it has neither been a good experience, nor a bad one. Today is the 7 day mark for me. My weight has not budged since day one, but it's only a week in. I'm drinking a LOT more water and trying to make wise meal choices. I seem to get full with less food than before I started Belviq, but I am hungry most of the time. I am also on the brink of falling asleep all day long. I can't seem to really wake up, truly, until about 2:00 in the afternoon ('I'm up at 5:30 during the week). I am hopeful based on what I've read online about the drug, but so far for me personally - no suppression of appetite, substantial reduction in energy level and no weight loss :O("

Band Mom (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2015

"This medication is awesome for suppressing my appetite and helping me lose weight. I have lost a total of 23 lbs in 2 months taking 1 pill every other day. I just cannot deal with the headaches, which is why I will have to stop taking them."

Reneeeee August 21, 2015

"It didn't help me at all. I craved chocolate all the time. Not worth the 75.00 a month."

Percy660 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2015

"So this Sunday will make exactly one month since I started Belviq and I need to re-up on my script. This is the God's honest truth. I started at 211 pounds the first week I was too tired to exercise but I tried maybe 2 days that week. The 2nd week was much better the tiredness was gone and I got over the headaches so I was able to work out that entire week. Nothing hard core just walking at a steady pace. the 3rd week I didn't do bad during the week however I stopped working out. My weight hit a plateau and I was pissed so I started working out again. I'M PROUND TO ANNOUNCE THAT I HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 18 POUNDS IN ONE MONTH !!! This medication requires not just eating better but exercise!!!"

MichelleReed1985 August 12, 2015

"I had gained 100 pounds over the last 4 years due to having my son, and hormone imbalances, and nothing has worked in the past. I'm currently on the 15 day free trial and I was very suspicious of a drug like this. However, I am on Day 13 and I have lost a total of 11 pounds in just under 2 weeks! I cannot be happier. I did not have any of the symptoms listed on some of the other posts (dizziness, headaches ect.) I do have a little bit of dry mouth which just forces me to drink more water. My insurance doesn't cover this, but I have the $75 copay card, which is a god send, because the medication is usually well over $200"

333*Shauna August 12, 2015

"I am 5ft and weight 204 pounds. I will start tomorrow 8/12/15 on Belviq. I've done a lot of research before going to my Dr. for this medication. I've spent hundreds of dollars on all sort of weight loss medications. Though Belviq is on the expensive (thank God for the manufacturer discount) end I'm willing to try it. I already work out 30 minutes a day. So I'm very hopeful this will work. I will post an update in 30 days"

Hopeful in Texas (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2015

"I have been on belviq for 5 days and I'm down 2 pounds...my starting weight on Monday was 251 and now I am 247. I have cut back on eating due to not feeling hungry all the time so that helps me count calories so I don't over eat but I will say that you need to make sure that you eat breakfast in the morning. Don't forget to download Myfitness Pal to help. Side effects: I had a headache, drowsiness/dizziness the fist day but that seem to wear off the first day or so. Good luck everyone and I will keep you updated on my weight loss. Adding exercise this week everyday!!"

MsTeeM August 8, 2015

"I am looking for a jump start on my weight loss and my Dr. prescribed Belviq for 60 days. I started taking the pills 7/31/15 and return to the Dr.today 8/7/15 and have lost 1lb. I was 360lb and now 359lbs. I only take 1 per day because I was afraid of side effects reviews I read. I'm not a diabetic and have not had any side effects. So far so good. And planning overtime to increase to 2 pills per day."

Looking for a jump start (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2015

"Since I started taking this medicine I have lost 11 inches total and 15lbs. I noticed since starting this I have been able to keep up on daily work along w workouts. When I think I wanted something to eat my mind will think about it but then quickly change to do something else. I love this med and I love that I'm getting in shape because of it. I even sleep better at night now. I no longer take blood pressure med and only half of anxiety/depression med. Even with Multiple Sclerosis I'm doing great!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2015

"I started Belviq just under two months ago. I have lost 23 lbs!!. Definately makes u feel full quickly. This is the only thing that has worked. I have hypothyroidism which makes it twice as hard to lose weight. Initially felt tired and a little dizzy but that was short lived.No other side effects I did cut out about 80% of gluten from my diet. I take 10mgs, twice a day. I am very happy with the results. I will post again in two months!."

l. quiggs July 28, 2015

"OMG !!! I SWEAR I'M NOT A PAID PERSON !!!! I've got a bad back and in the past I've used this and that with no success after spending all that money. I'm 288 pounds. I eat NO JUNK FOOD, NO FAST FOOD, NO BREAD, RICE'S, PASTA'S ! All I do is juicing fruits n veges and take belviq. I lost nearly 10 lbs in a week!!!"

C!'C!' JONES (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

"I just took my first pill, I weight 290. I will let everyone know how it goes from here."

tricia0606 (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2015

"This medication has helped me far more than any pill I have ever swallowed. And it has been many. I have totally changed how I eat and very conscious of when I'm really not hungry. Seem like I'm losing every day."

Sam Jenkins July 24, 2015

"Fantastic drugs. Lost a lot of weight with no side effects."

Sara Dotthard (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2015

"Ok so I started B yesterday morning I have been getting heaches and I'm very tired. I hope this goes away. I can say that my hunger has changed since day 1 I'm a binge eater I was really worried that I would have no control and I actually do ! I can usually eat two bagels this morning I can only eat half of one. I have faith that thing will turn out great"

Michellereed1985 July 19, 2015

"I am experiencing a major withdrawal or discontinuation syndrome from belviq. For three weeks I have had major anxiety, odd brain sensations, flu symptoms, numbness in my hands and feet, cough, earache... Just to name a few. I know that this syndrome is associated with SSRIs but this seems worse than what I have read about. I'm wondering if the 'novelty' of this agent means that they just don't know what to expect when people go off of it. I feel really stupid and I'm soooo sick of feeling this bad. Praying these symptoms stop."

Kay432015 July 19, 2015

"I am on my second day of Belviq. I have had no additional side effects except for some small coughing about 15 mins after I take the pill. I love this, as I previously tried qysima and absolutely hated the way it made me feel. When I eat I get "feel" full sooner than before. I also was able to walk by the bakery in the grocery store and no pick up a treat, even though it smelled so quite delicious. I have observed it takes let to make me feel fuller! No complaints there. I have CVS Carmark persecution insurance and they approved my request to the medication. It comes to 50.00 a month. :). Whoop whoop! The pharmacy said I have never seen this approved. I will recommend if you have been denied in the past to try it again."

Frozenrain (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2015

"I have taken Belviq for two weeks only lost 2 pounds. belviq has no effect on me I cut grass to help make extra money on the side. That's the only time I see any weight lost. I was doing that before belviq this medicine has slow me down makes me tired. I execise less with belviq. I cant believe they want 200 hundred dollars for these pill not worth it. all diets if you exercise and eat right work with out the pills. Belviq don't even curb my appetite. Very disappointing. the chest and body pain are scary."

N N July 11, 2015

"Today is day one. I am 5'2" and weigh 221 pounds. Approximately two hours after taking the first dose, I have a horrible headache and feel pressure in my chest. No body aches or dry mouth and no nausea. I came to this very hopeful site for support and to read experience of others which has been helpful. Thank you for letting people post reviews. It is very beneficial for us newbies ."

KJs gramma July 7, 2015

"I started taking Belviq 9 days ago and am down 7 lbs! The weight flew off the first couple of days (probably water weight) but I haven't lost anything for the last three. I really attribute that to not eating well when I do eat the last few days but I am eating less and less often. Gone are my desires to snack. I made a salad for dinner and will be taking more control of my diet again so hopefully I will see some more weight loss soon! The first night I was nauseous and a little dizzy but nothing too horrible. The next day all of my side effects were gone. I still get a little dizzy or nauseous from time to time but nothing too terrible. The biggest side effect is dry mouth but that just forces me to drink more water."

anon321 July 1, 2015

"Started the end of February. First day was a little woozy so next day I just did half dose. Third day tried whole dose again and was just fine. March I started counting calories with Fitness Pal. May 1st I began my Whole30 program which I definitely recommend to everyone. To date June 24 I've lost 45 pounds. Belviq is great. Highly recommend. What it has done for me is allow me to focus on what, when and why I'm eating. It gives you the power to master your food decisions. Tip: if your insurance doesn't cover it, go to the Belviq website and get their card that makes it $75 a month to buy this prescription."

ThelmaandLouise50 June 24, 2015

"I had a slight headache the first day. Then i was fine. No sleepy side effects. I have been taking it for 1 month and i lost 15lbs. I have always eaten healthly. I have not started exercising yet. I only take 1 pill a day."

Shortnstocky (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2015

"I started Belviq about 9 days ago. I found a savings card online on the belviq website that will save me approximately $140 each time I fill my prescription. I have experienced a significant mood lift (i can see why it's a controlled substance), subtle doziness, and better sleep. Sometimes I forget to eat because I just don't feel hungry. I feel the effects of not having eaten though, I feel tired, sluggish and my stomach hurts a little from being empty, but the terrible "hunger" feeling is completely missing. It's strange, but extremely helpful. Overall I have lost 6 lbs in the last 9 days since I started Belviq, and it surely is helping with my appetite. I am very thankful. Belviq does exactly what it's supposed to."

Anonymous June 22, 2015

"I started taking the Belviq about 2 weeks ago and I'm already down 10 pounds. The bad part is I have the painful urination, frequent urge to go, back pain, increased headaches. I have gone to 2 specialist about my "bladder issue" and they have confirmed that this medication is the cause. It sucks because it's effective but I can't take the irritation."

fire123 June 12, 2015