User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq review summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Obesity

Review by Juniorman11:

Not much weight loss but I lost my craving for cigarettes. Apparently works for stopping smoking. Just have to convince my doc to let me stay on it.

November 23, 2014 12:38 PM

Review by girl63090 (taken for less than 1 month):

Today is my first day taking belviq. I am excited and hopeful this will help me lose weight. After having a child I'm finding it extremely hard to lose the weight on my own. I am 26 years old 5'7 and weighing in at 265... Wish me luck!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 9:26 PM

Review by Sidesteped By Pass (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Just a 54 year old 5'9 244 pound guy. I was considering by pass and was advised by a friend that the surgery is not the answer. Well 13 months later I shed forty nine pounds and feel pretty great. I am up to walking two miles a week and please don't laugh. No big side effects except a little constipation. My doctor is now a believer that this can help. Wish me luck.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2014 3:54 PM

Review by Firefifgter416:

I have been on Belviq 8 days and was 293 pounds. Now I am 282 pounds. Side effects early I was a little tired and headache. Will keep you posted. Sam

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2014 10:16 AM

Review by tyty75703 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been taking Belviq for 2 months I love it. I did have a headache for weeks and felt tired and slept. I weighed 226lbs and now 210lbs only thing you have to make yourself eat but you will fill full quickly.

November 2, 2014 4:05 PM

Review by adam_f_boston:

The only side effect is weight loss and lower heart rate/blood pressure. No food craving. Highly recommended!

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2014 9:25 PM

Review by MarkD1957:

Worked for me, I stared losing weight faster than before. Note you aren't supposed to take this on its own. You got to diet and exercise.

October 21, 2014 3:15 AM

Review by Amy Williams Atlanta (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been a lifetime dieter and now I have defeated that. I was 5"4 197 pounda and smoked. I started on Belviq April this year and have stopped smoking and lost 38 pounds. My husband is happy and so is my doctor as I was his third patient all doing better then he thought. No side effects and no cravings. This has made my life better then I can even describe.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2014 5:35 PM

Review by pattyyc (taken for less than 1 month):

I mostly decided to try this med because of all the positive reviews on this site. I'm sorry to say it isn't working for me. I thought it was for a few days, but then it just kinda stopped. I had NO side effects save for a foggy brain/slight headache for 2 days. I wanted so badly for this to work. I'm going to take the rest of my 15 day supply, but at $200 per refill, I don't know that I'll continue. It either works and works really well or it doesn't work at all or the side effects are too much to continue. Good luck to everyone out there.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2014 9:39 AM

Review by Ruthyhappy:

Lost 16 pds. in 3 weeks. The only side effect was headache 1st week, now I'm good. I feel GREAT I only take it once a day. In the afternoon a feel Hungry but start eating and I feel full.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2014 12:54 PM

Review by nineguy (taken for less than 1 month):

I've been on this medication for 3 weeks. I started off with the 15 day free trial. I went to my doctor on the 20th day and had lost 12lbs. I experienced no major side effects other than some stiffness in my jaw for the first few days. No more midnight snacking.

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2014 3:20 PM

Review by PatriceAtlanta (taken for less than 1 month):

Hi all. I am 31, 5'9, 270 lbs. I've been on Belviq for 8 days. On the 1st day I experienced a slight headache. I've had no other side effects since then. After 4 days of Belviq, eating VERY healthy small portions & doing 40 min of intense aerobics, I had not lost a pound! I was discouraged & figured I wasn't a responder. My appetite wasn't suppressed either. Then I decided to take it on an empty stomach instead of with my meals. It works for me 100% now. Once I take it, I don't want anything to eat for about 3 hours. During that time, I just drink water. In the last 3 days I've lost 6 lbs! I'll update again once my 30 day subscription is up. Feeling HOPEFUL again!

October 6, 2014 10:02 AM

Review by Chucksmom (taken for less than 1 month):

I did have some significant side effects for the first two weeks but I took only one pill a day for that time to get used to it. I am up to two a day now (recommended dose) and the side effects are gone except for slight nausea once in a while. I have lost 6 lbs in about 3 weeks. That is quite good for me as I am not very active. Busy but sedentary life.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2014 5:09 PM

Review by Jacksonville Johnny (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have been on Belviq six months and was 229 pounds. Now I am 192 pounds, lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol. Side effects early I was a little tired and headache. My will power and confidence are up 100% and my cigarette consumption is down 65% from two packs. My cravings for food and cigs are pretty mellow and I believe I will quit sooner then later. This way to easy and yes I do ride my bike daily.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2014 5:02 PM

Review by obecx (taken for less than 1 month):

10 hours after taking only 1 tablet , I developed a pretty intense headarche. It took about 12 hours and ibuprofen to shake it off. I probably won't take another one

September 14, 2014 11:14 AM

Review by maj easy:

Started taking Belviq 3 and half months ago, I've lost 34 pounds as of today. My obesity is due to emotional eating, eating when not hungry, eating too many calories, greasy junk food, and eating late at night and sometimes in the middle of the night, pigging out to help me sleep. Belviq currently is my holy grail, and I hope to be able to take it the rest of my life, it helps me sleep, and definitely curbs my pigging out. I use Belviq in combination with a FitBit. I count calories watch what I eat, almost completely cut out carbs (except for up to 6 saltine crackers). I have arthritis, I'm 67 and somewhat limited in exercising. If I could lose a lot of weight it would reduce the pressure on my hips and knees. Perhaps then I could walk more.

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 10:32 PM

Review by Way too big (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have been on Belviq for just shy of 10 months. I started at about 288 lbs. I got an Eat Smart scale the second week on Belviq. I was a 54 year old male. Today, I weighed in at 226 lbs. That is 62 lbs. lost in almost 10 months. The week I started, my A1c was 6.6. My PCP has been having blood work done every 3 months. My A1c is now 5.3 and I am no longer taking Metformin or Simvistatin. Side effects are very minor, compared to how it has changed my life. And the second best thing is, I sleep much sounder. If I do wake up at night, I fall back asleep right away. When I make it to my goal weight, I will probably talk to my doctor about continuing Belviq at a 1/2 dosage.

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2014 11:32 AM

Review by Constance Kay:

Belviq has saved my life! I am a 72 year old female that has tried EVERY diet and fad for weight loss. I have lost between 30-35 pounds since May and my goal is in sight! I no longer isolate myself because I didn't want anyone to see how much weight I had gained. I have COPD and the weight loss has helped by 30-40%! I no longer "graze" all day and no longer hyper!

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 1, 2014 4:29 PM

Review by PAM F.:

I have been taking belviq for a day and a half. I feel so dizzy at times. I really hope this goes away. I had a headache but went away with advil. Im hoping and praying that the dizziness will go away with time. On a positive note, not very hungry, fuller faster, literally made myself eat at dinner time because I was scared I would get hungry closer to bedtime and didnt want to eat late.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2014 10:06 AM

Review by TracyC273 (taken for less than 1 month):

I've been on the pill for 15 days and it definitely curbs my appetite but issue is I have gained weight not lost. I eat maybe 1000-1200 in take a day.

August 14, 2014 4:02 PM

Review by Shadowrose (taken for less than 1 month):

I started taking Belviq on July 23, 2014. I weighed 248lbs. The first week I lost 2 oz's when I went back to the doctor on July 31st. But since the 31st I have lost 8 lbs. No side effects to speak of. I have already asked my doc for a refill. I want to lose 40 more pounds by December 1st.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 5:32 PM

Review by lulu_619:

I started taking this because my doctor insisted in me trying something after many failed programs after I read most of you guys reviews I gave it a try and the 1st day I felt weird as hell had a tingling feeling on my left hand and a headache from hell but after my 2nd day it's like I don't feel a thing maybe only a headache but ibuprofen took care of that. I would tell anyone scared to try it give it at least two days. And I believe you'll love it. I'm starting out with 266 pounds.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2014 7:44 PM

Review by Cyndi S (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been taking Belviq for about 6-7 weeks. I have tried every fad diet and never had success. Exercise became almost impossible. So far I have gone from 254-236lbs. A little behind right now as I had emergency Abdominal surgery last week. But I have to say my cravings have decreased that I have to remind myself to eat. I always craved sugar filled treats. Now I can walk past the Bakery section and not look or purchase anything. It has also cut down on our grocery bill. Prepared foods and bakery items add not only calories but can be costly. This girl always ate at least 2 cannolis at once. Haven't had one this entire time! Yeah!

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 2:19 AM

Review by hopeful in Austin (taken for less than 1 month):

I have carried around an additional 35 lbs on this 5'3" body for six years with no willpower or cravings control to get it off. Just finished my first full week on Belviq and have lost 3.5 lbs. I lose like a snail so this is impressive. I did have a mild headache for the first three evenings which went away with Advil. Mild dry mouth and definitely felt a bit off balance but the good news is that my urgent hunger pangs and carb, dessert and wine cravings are gone! Still enjoy my food but, as others have said, I am perfectly happy to make healthy choices and to eat small portions. I have been able to cut down on my evening wine and have substituted my evening ice cream with herb tea. All of these changes have been painless.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 11:33 AM

Review by Mike from LA (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have lost 26lbs in 4 months but have plateaued now for over a month. I think my body said, ok if that is what you are feeding me, fine. I am not eating anymore and in fact probably less. Has anyone else hit the floor and can't go down anymore.

July 21, 2014 7:53 PM