User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 63 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Obesity

"I started belviq Monday May 2nd. I have yet to feel an results. If anything I feel like eating everything I see.. I'm wanting to eat more than I did before starting it. I have read some reviews showing that the medicine took a few weeks to start working. I hope this is my case. I do feel very sleeping after I take it. It is harder for me to get up in the mornings. I feel like I am in such a deep sleep since I have started. I haven't had any headaches but have noticed dry mouth."

One day at a time26 May 12, 2016

"I only take Belviq once a day, and I'm eating a low carb, high protein diet. I've been walking so that's not new but I'm down 17 pounds in 30 days.(213lbs to 196 lbs) I'm hoping that increasing my exercise will help a lot too. It works as a great tool for controlling appetite, if you truly are committed. I'm sure we all know its mental."

Lisa29145 May 12, 2016

"Took Med for six months, decreased appetite and lost 50 pounds. But then it stopped working on me. Tried it a year later and not working. If you get the savings card on line at the official Belviq web site and pay cash drug is only $75. Even if your insurance covers the drug copayment may be more than that."

Cmdy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 12, 2016

"Stay sleepy and fatigued"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2016

"I started belviq last year July 2015, and for the first 7 months on it, only ate a healthy diet without excercise. Only lost 8 lbs. Was really disappointed.. Well 1 month ago, I began eating right AND exercising , and lost an additional 15 lbs. This is not a miracle drug. You can't take belviq alone and expect to lose weight. From my experience, I believe this med works well as a tool, but only if you completely change your lifestyle."

SpringsHere (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2016

"I am starting Belviq today. I will post in 2 -weeks to give update on any side effects and positive and/or negative experiences."

Scope64 April 20, 2016

"I tried the 2 week trial and I did lose about 7 pounds and my sugar cravings were diminished. I wish I could continue but it is just too expensive. I wish it came in generic, however the patents don't start expiring until 2023 so it won't be anytime soon."

ladytech April 6, 2016

"Been taking belviq for 3-4 weeks. Side affects were mild headache,fatigue and sneezing in the 3rd week but now subsided for the most part. I am though a little tired at the end of day and sleep well at night. I'm assuming the longer you take it the more your body gets used to it. I have lost 15 lbs so far. I have cut my portions to almost half. Still eating much of what I like but less. Also notice that I have made some new healthy choices. I plan to start exercising this week as well, by walking regularly until I can jog comfortably. I know there is no perfect pill that's not going to have side affects so if there's a little discomfort in the short term for long term gains I'm in. I truly belviq will help me achieve my long term goal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

"I started belviq mid Jan 2016 I started with the 15 day trial first, first 10 days no change, 11th day It kicked in, everyones different. For me no side effects, to me belviq gives you control of eating, I have developed a daily routine that seems to work for me light breakfast 2 healthy snacks an then a fatty meal an nothing after 6pm at all..up to 6 to 8 glasses of water daily..I started at 324 an now 7 weeks I'm at 304 a total 20 pds lost, being so big no one probably notices it but I feel it..I thank God, I need to be healthy or death is at my door..I'm excited that something is finally working.."

Dee52j March 20, 2016

"So, I have mixed feelings about this drug. Pros: Helped me not crave sugar, bread and carbs. I lost 20 pounds on it. Helped me stay motivated at the gym by being able to stick to my meal plans. Cons: If you take it, you need to be committed. For some odd reason, I and a lot of people have experienced it, when you get off it then try to retake it again, it doesn't seem to work. STAY ON IT. I didn't get side effects from this med, maybe occasional anxiety and a headache. Drinking on this med will give you the worst hangovers. Also noticed sometimes it stalled my weight loss even when I was counting my intake. Overall, I probably won't take this drug again until there is more thorough, long term research done on it."

BelviqUser0192 February 23, 2016

"My Dr prescribed Belivq seven months ago and I took it for less than a week. I didn't give it a try. During a follow up visit we discussed weight loss/appetite suppressant options again and my Dr encouraged me to try start over. After an in depth chat I decided to give it a real try so I started again in 1/2016. I am extremely pleased with the results! I have experienced zero side effects, which was my concern with not wanting to take the medicine when initially prescribed, a curbed appetite and noticeable weight loss. My health insurance doesn't cover this particular medicine but its my opinion that it is worth paying for out of pocket. I have recommended Belviq and highly suggest people speak to their Dr about Belviq as an option."

Belviq Review after 30 Days (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2016

"I've been on Belviq for 4 months and have lost 37 lbs. I eat what I want but I eat so much less of it now. At Thanksgiving and Christmas I could barely finish the small portions on my plate! My only side effect has been dry mouth so I drink more water. Win - Win. My only concern is what will happen when I eventually go off the medicine."

Billys5764 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2016

"I started on Belviq after having 5 months of down time due to atrial fib flutter and my MS acting up on me. Before that, I had been working out 5 days a week and had been eating healthy to get the weight off. I had gone down from 435 to 345 on my 5'9 frame, but depression set in and I stopped losing. My doctor was hesitant about putting me on the med because I am on Pristiq, but I am watching for Serotonin Syndrome. In one week I have lost 8 pounds and I would rather give up the Pristiq than the Belviq! My mood has improved so much that I am going to try weaning myself off the Pristiq (under my doctor's supervision!) will return with more updates! "

2young2bthru February 6, 2016

"I was desperate to lose weight when I reached an all time high of 258 lbs. At 5'7%u201C On August 29, I began Belviq and a new food plan with my licensed nutrionist and my supervision of my doctor who first had to take me off Lexapro, slowly for anxiety. He said Belviq would benefit me by helping me lose weight and help reduce anxiety. I was excited to try. I am now Five months into this, lost 48 lbs at 210 lbs. I have had no side effects other than more dry mouth than usual with thirst. I drink water all day long anyway, so it isn't a big problem.. Dizzy at first from change in meds but quickly readjusted. I have no cravings for sugary foods and carbs. I feel so much better. I have faith that I will make goal of 175 by 1 year anniv"

LIgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2016

"I am currently on belviq, I chose to write a review, because I was looking for a "real" honest/objective view of the drug. I will say this, I have taken belviq for about 1 month now. Initially, about the first 5 days I didn't notice a huge change in appetite. But by week 2, you notice it for sure. Fuller faster, and cravings for junk are a minimum. I planned to have a "cheat day" because in addition to the belviq, I've totally changed my eating habits, well cheat day comes, and I'm not craving any junk. At first the dry mouth side affect is awful but that goes away. Long story short, this medication is doing me proud. I can't say any huge weight loss yet BUT hey less eating, less chance of obesity."

arocket February 5, 2016

"I took Belviq when it first came out. This medicine did nothing for me. I would get severe headaches and really bad gas. I stayed on the medicine for a while and nothing. I lost weight when I got off of Belviq. I found that strange because I was doing the same thing as if I were still taking the medicine. Good luck to those who are taking Belviq."

K00Smile17 January 30, 2016

"No side effects. Emotional/stress eater all my life. Now no appetite or food addictions making it easy to eat less, make good food choices and begin losing weight easily."

Pam55 January 19, 2016

"I am giving this a 5 for now since it's only been day 2. I reached out to my dr for help with weight loss because I quit taking my Adderall in March of 2015. I was a size 4-6. Maybe 135 lbs. I'm 33 yrs old and do not have a family history of obesity but once I got off the Adderall that's when my weight got out of control! I went to a size 16 and now weigh 223 lbs! So yesterday the Belviq didn't work much. I was SO tired. All I did was stay in bed. I took my first dose around 11am. I took my 2nd dose at 7pm. I ate 2 go gurts, 2 hotdogs, and a plate of spaghetti. Then I fell asleep because it made me SO sleepy. I didn't wake up til 1:18pm today! today was better. Less appetite, still tired but less appetite!"

Calisucks January 6, 2016

"Ok, I took my first pill! Any pointers that are working for you?"

Twear (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

"I tried Belviq for Two weeks great med but no insurance will cover it. Coupons only 20 % out of pocket $265.00 for just for 1 a day dose."

BVS December 9, 2015

"I started this medicine last month. At first i lost a few pounds. However, the headache was incredibly bad. By Week 2 I was wondering if I should continue. I read some reviews on here and everyone said to keep going until day 14, so I pushed through. By day 14, I had gained 7 pounds and my entire body ached as well as my head still hurting. My mind felt fuzzy and I, overall, felt horrible. I decided to stop taking the medicine. Good luck to everyone taking the pill. It was not for me. :("

Vedens82 December 4, 2015

"I have been on the medication for a month now and today I go Dr. To see my weight loss.I sometimes forget I have not eaten so I make myself eat and drink plenty of water sometimes I'm eating 1 time per day. Also I noticed because I love fried chicken I would only eat it once a week but I can no longer eat the chicken - it makes me sick. This pill has helped me in so many ways. I'm thankful to God and the Doctor. I need to loose this weight for health issue and I'm going to be a grandma so I need to be here. I will let you all know how much I lost."

ljl123 (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2015

"Almost 1 year on Belviq. Started at 348 today my weight 251. Knee and hip pain almost totally gone. Blood pressure down, life is good"

DanaHribar November 18, 2015

"I love the very mild side effects and works well."

Overtimejoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2015

"I started Belviq July 20 2015 @ 195 lbs for my 5' 2" frame. I also have Hypothyroidism and am on medication for that. First two days I had a headache but that stopped. Today October 31 2015 I am at 165 lbs total loss of 30! I have never been happier. My knee issues are gone and I feel so much better about myself. I have cut down on calories but have not yet started to exercise. It is totally working for me.. one pill at 8:30 am and the second at 8:30 pm. So glad my Dr recommended this for me! My goal is 140."

Getting slimmer October 31, 2015

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next