User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq review summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Obesity

Review by Geleefish (taken for less than 1 month):

i was so excited about it at first and I am on day 5 of the trial. I do not feel a difference. I don't feel that it takes my appetite away at all. Am I doing something wrong? I want it to work very badly. I take one in morning and the other around 3:00pm. I walk for an hour everyday after work also.

January 24, 2015 9:41 PM

Review by Nikkie907:

I love Belviq. I started on Jan 15th, today is the 19th and I've gone from 371.8 lbs to 364.1lbs. I've been eating a little healthier and have had a major decrease in appetite. I can't wait to see what I accomplish the next 6 months! I've had no side effects.

January 20, 2015 12:33 AM

Review by mlsmy2 (taken for less than 1 month):

I started the 15 day trial and wow does it work for me. I lost 5lbs in the first 5 days and couldn't be happier. It stops the over obsessing about food, makes you not even hungry. It allows you to eat the way you always wanted to, smaller portions. Sometimes I have to remind myself to eat... Works on me wonderfully. Will be getting the whole supply after my first 15 is over. Good luck all.

January 19, 2015 12:17 PM

Review by joynikka66:

I took the 15 day free trial offer and lost 11 pounds in two weeks. I only took 1 pill a day, 10 mg instead of two pills a day.

January 19, 2015 11:38 AM

Review by Peter38 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

This medicine really works. I lost 20 pounds in 3 months. No side effects at all. I also quit smoking with it. I recommend trying it.

January 17, 2015 3:57 AM

Review by Micah Krolloinski (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Easy to use medication that has allowed me to lose 44.25 pounds in five months. overweight by 75 pounds and have a host of other issues to overcome. I will tell you I am a skeptic as I have wasted casino money trying to lose weight. Finally I am able to control what I eat with a little exercise to help me get going.

January 14, 2015 5:09 PM

Review by Medreviewer27 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on Belviq for one month and I love it! I have lost 10 lbs and over the holidays no less. No cravings, low appetite, and my mood is better!

January 7, 2015 6:36 PM

Review by beauty76 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Been on this medicine for a month now and have lost 10lbs. I'm very excited and can't wait to lose more.

January 3, 2015 5:39 PM

Review by WeightLlossExpert:

I really enjoy Belviq. Its such a wonderful medication helps with appetite suppression. It has never been easier for me to loose weight.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 23, 2014 5:16 PM

Review by girl63090 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Update! I have been on Belviq for 3 weeks and I have lost 9lbs! I am ecstatic and so happy this is working for me! Next weigh in is Feb 2nd! I will update then! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2014 11:08 PM

Review by kathy m (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

June 8...start med at 247 lb. Added exercise and healthy foods...not a fast food restaurant ever! Today...Dec 15 I am at 167 lb. ...it works.

187 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 15, 2014 11:02 PM

Review by thereal:

I can say that it works far as suppressing your appetite but I only been on it for one day an I am waiting for it to leave my system I don't like the warm sensation over my body and a few chest pains very sleepy and sluggish feeling so for those reasons I will not be taking belviq anymore.

December 10, 2014 7:46 PM

Review by lilcanuck:

Been taking Belviq for 6 days and have lost lbs. I don't feel hungry at all, making better choices.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2014 5:56 AM

Review by Dukej:

I have lost 50 lbs since 8/08/13. No bad side effects. 30 lbs to go.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2014 3:53 PM

Review by Juniorman11:

Not much weight loss but I lost my craving for cigarettes. Apparently works for stopping smoking. Just have to convince my doc to let me stay on it.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2014 12:38 PM

Review by girl63090 (taken for less than 1 month):

Today is my first day taking belviq. I am excited and hopeful this will help me lose weight. After having a child I'm finding it extremely hard to lose the weight on my own. I am 26 years old 5'7 and weighing in at 265... Wish me luck!

November 20, 2014 9:26 PM

Review by TRuth14:

I took Belviq for 2 months and lost 25 pounds. From 178 lbs to 153. The only side effects I had was a foggy/ floating feeling for the first week until my body got used to it then no problems with it after that. I had to stop taking them when I got sick and I can't wait to start taking it again. Before I started Belviq I went from a size 2 to a size 16 in about 7 years from a very poor diet, no exercize and having a baby. I got up to 200 pounds. I tried all kinds of diets and nothing worked. I had terrible will power, I thought about food all day and when I thought I was hungry I would attack anything near me. Belviq helped me realize when my body was actually hungry. Like willpower in a pill. LOVE it!

November 16, 2014 12:24 PM

Review by Sidesteped By Pass (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Just a 54 year old 5'9 244 pound guy. I was considering by pass and was advised by a friend that the surgery is not the answer. Well 13 months later I shed forty nine pounds and feel pretty great. I am up to walking two miles a week and please don't laugh. No big side effects except a little constipation. My doctor is now a believer that this can help. Wish me luck.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2014 3:54 PM

Review by Firefifgter416:

I have been on Belviq 8 days and was 293 pounds. Now I am 282 pounds. Side effects early I was a little tired and headache. Will keep you posted. Sam

144 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2014 10:16 AM

Review by tyty75703 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been taking Belviq for 2 months I love it. I did have a headache for weeks and felt tired and slept. I weighed 226lbs and now 210lbs only thing you have to make yourself eat but you will fill full quickly.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2014 4:05 PM

Review by adam_f_boston:

The only side effect is weight loss and lower heart rate/blood pressure. No food craving. Highly recommended!

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2014 9:25 PM

Review by Nine7118 (taken for less than 1 month):

Absolutely impressed by this medication! After having two babies in a row and gained 70 pounds it%u2019s been a struggle to get the weight loss off. I lost weight on my own prior to Belviq, but I was stuck in a horrible plateau and could not move. I started Belviq at 205lbs September 21, 2014 three weeks so far I am down to 190 total of 15 pounds. So excited! I finally found something that works for me. My side effects lasted for a few days, mild headache, and nausea. Now, I just feel great all the time and super motivated to stay on track. My carb cravings are minimal and I am honestly not hungry. Food now is just something I need to nourish me not to obsess about. I am still healthy staying within my calorie range my using My Fitness Pal.

October 22, 2014 9:52 AM

Review by MarkD1957:

Worked for me, I stared losing weight faster than before. Note you aren't supposed to take this on its own. You got to diet and exercise.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 3:15 AM

Review by Amy Williams Atlanta (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been a lifetime dieter and now I have defeated that. I was 5"4 197 pounda and smoked. I started on Belviq April this year and have stopped smoking and lost 38 pounds. My husband is happy and so is my doctor as I was his third patient all doing better then he thought. No side effects and no cravings. This has made my life better then I can even describe.

October 20, 2014 5:35 PM

Review by pattyyc (taken for less than 1 month):

I mostly decided to try this med because of all the positive reviews on this site. I'm sorry to say it isn't working for me. I thought it was for a few days, but then it just kinda stopped. I had NO side effects save for a foggy brain/slight headache for 2 days. I wanted so badly for this to work. I'm going to take the rest of my 15 day supply, but at $200 per refill, I don't know that I'll continue. It either works and works really well or it doesn't work at all or the side effects are too much to continue. Good luck to everyone out there.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2014 9:39 AM