User Reviews for Belviq

9.1
Summary of Belviq reviews 243 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Belviq

Review by Chucksmom (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I did have some significant side effects for the first two weeks but I took only one pill a day for that time to get used to it. I am up to two a day now (recommended dose) and the side effects are gone except for slight nausea once in a while. I have lost 6 lbs in about 3 weeks. That is quite good for me as I am not very active. Busy but sedentary life.

September 25, 2014 5:09 PM

Review by Shawworld:

For Weight Loss: This is a waste of money. Did not curb my appetite nor did it make me feel full.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2014 1:19 PM

Review by Anne Barett New Jersey (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Weight Loss: Update on my one year experience on Belviq. Dropped 59 pounds 52 year old female hormone replacement, post menopausal, endometriosis. I now weigh 130 pounds as I did in high school. All blood work in normal ranges with bad cholesterol dropping by 66% and blood sugar down 1.1%. Side effects no more snoring, better sleep only bad side effect was a headache first three days taken care of with Advil. Great medicine that has me and my doctor very pleased.

263 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2014 10:49 AM

Review by Jacksonville Johnny (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Obesity: I have been on Belviq six months and was 229 pounds. Now I am 192 pounds, lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol. Side effects early I was a little tired and headache. My will power and confidence are up 100% and my cigarette consumption is down 65% from two packs. My cravings for food and cigs are pretty mellow and I believe I will quit sooner then later. This way to easy and yes I do ride my bike daily.

September 16, 2014 5:02 PM

Review by obecx (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: 10 hours after taking only 1 tablet , I developed a pretty intense headarche. It took about 12 hours and ibuprofen to shake it off. I probably won't take another one

September 14, 2014 11:14 AM

Review by RN Cynthia:

For Weight Loss: I am an active practice registered nurse who has packed on the pounds slowly, year after year. I am in my 4 th month of taking Belviq. I am down 32 pounds. It comes off slowly, mainly by feeling full faster. I am able to put my fork down now, do not feel out of control eating. It has greatly diminished night snacking. When I initially took it, had some mild headache and tiredness. Side effects were gone after 2 weeks. I am much more active, eating a much healthier diet. I am not obsessing over food or the lack of it. You do have to change habits, diet and exercise, but Belviq makes it possible to do it.

September 12, 2014 1:30 PM

Review by JohnSD (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: 40 year old male. I have been on Belviq for 8 weeks. I've lost 20 pounds to date. I had a starting BMI of 32. It has totally removed my night time cravings for food. My biggest problem is late night eating. I usually eat pretty healthy during the day and ruin it at night because I am a night owl and would get hungry late night and would resort to snacks or even worse, fast food. Belviq makes me not think of food all the time and I've noticed I'm not eating as much during meal time. I try to work out 3 times a week but with my work schedule, it can be hard and some weeks I don't work out at all. I am happier and can't wait to lose more. No noticeable side effects here.

September 11, 2014 2:36 AM

Review by maj easy:

For Obesity: Started taking Belviq 3 and half months ago, I've lost 34 pounds as of today. My obesity is due to emotional eating, eating when not hungry, eating too many calories, greasy junk food, and eating late at night and sometimes in the middle of the night, pigging out to help me sleep. Belviq currently is my holy grail, and I hope to be able to take it the rest of my life, it helps me sleep, and definitely curbs my pigging out. I use Belviq in combination with a FitBit. I count calories watch what I eat, almost completely cut out carbs (except for up to 6 saltine crackers). I have arthritis, I'm 67 and somewhat limited in exercising. If I could lose a lot of weight it would reduce the pressure on my hips and knees. Perhaps then I could walk more.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 10:32 PM

Review by Way too big (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Obesity: I have been on Belviq for just shy of 10 months. I started at about 288 lbs. I got an Eat Smart scale the second week on Belviq. I was a 54 year old male. Today, I weighed in at 226 lbs. That is 62 lbs. lost in almost 10 months. The week I started, my A1c was 6.6. My PCP has been having blood work done every 3 months. My A1c is now 5.3 and I am no longer taking Metformin or Simvistatin. Side effects are very minor, compared to how it has changed my life. And the second best thing is, I sleep much sounder. If I do wake up at night, I fall back asleep right away. When I make it to my goal weight, I will probably talk to my doctor about continuing Belviq at a 1/2 dosage.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2014 11:32 AM

Review by redrockdiva (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: After just a few days I am experiencing pain in my neck and upper back pain so bad that I cannot take it anymore.

September 2, 2014 10:11 PM

Review by Constance Kay:

For Obesity: Belviq has saved my life! I am a 72 year old female that has tried EVERY diet and fad for weight loss. I have lost between 30-35 pounds since May and my goal is in sight! I no longer isolate myself because I didn't want anyone to see how much weight I had gained. I have COPD and the weight loss has helped by 30-40%! I no longer "graze" all day and no longer hyper!

September 1, 2014 4:29 PM

Review by janenower (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I wanted so badly to stay on this medication but after the second day I had to stop it. I had muscle aches, tired, and was still hungry. I also have tinnitus and it made it the noise in my ears so bad that I couldn't stand it. I stopped taking it and wondering if any of these symptoms subside as time goes on.

August 28, 2014 11:53 PM

Review by BigBilky (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I started taking it after my weight got up to 303 pounds. I'm 6'4" and have put on about 50 pounds over the past 10 years. I have taken it for two months and am down to 287 pounds. It took about two weeks to notice a difference in appetite but once it kicked in it really kicked in. The only side effect is ocassionally feeling nauseous but it doesn't bother me.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2014 5:08 PM

Review by Yecart81 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I have a sleep eating problem and hypothyroidism, so I struggle and have gone from 130 pounds to 172 pounds over the past 7 years but I am 5'2". That's a problem plus I recently turned the big 50. I can eat 20 salads or 20 cheese burgers and the scale doesn't move. I have only taken the pill for 7 days and have lost 3 pounds which is huge. I have zero side effects, no cravings and no night grazing. I think I finally found the help I needed in order to stay motivate to a healthy diet and life style. Couldn't be more pleasantly surprised and satisfied that this will change my life.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2014 8:37 PM

Review by PAM F.:

For Obesity: I have been taking belviq for a day and a half. I feel so dizzy at times. I really hope this goes away. I had a headache but went away with advil. Im hoping and praying that the dizziness will go away with time. On a positive note, not very hungry, fuller faster, literally made myself eat at dinner time because I was scared I would get hungry closer to bedtime and didnt want to eat late.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2014 10:06 AM

Review by disappointed123 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I tried the free 2 week supply of Belviq. I did not notice a thing. It did not curve my appetite. I kept waiting but I did not lose any weight. It costs over 200 dollars for 30 day supply.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2014 8:57 PM

Review by ebeth76 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I started Belviq on the 17th of June. Within 2 days I felt a huge reduction in my appetite. I started losing weight almost immediately, lost 8. Lbs in the following 2 weeks. I was still drinking a lot of wine, and noticed my weight loss slow dramatically. I was still losing, but only 2 lbs were lost the next two weeks. I cut out wine completely July 20th, started losing rapidly again. As of today I am down a total of 25 lbs. I started at 180 lbs. (eek!) And today I am a 155. My blood pressure is way down and I don't crave wine at all. The only side effect is bladder pressure, very uncomfortable, feels like a urinary tract infection coming on, but isn't. I felt it when I first started and any time I take a few days break and restart. It goes away in a day.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 10:19 PM

Review by Flava:

For Weight Loss: I started Belviq on July 24 and in 10 days lost 10 pounds. I drastically changed my eating habits though, you must put in some work for the pill to work, I honestly do not believe though, that even with the change of eating, I would have lost that much in 10 days (I did not exercise in those 10 days). Side effects - I had the worst headache for about 3 days, I just popped some aspirin and eventually the headaches stopped. The one side effect that I did have that I eventually led me to stop taking Beliviq is the tiredness! It was so bad, that I chose not to take the pill anymore (stopped on August 1) and try to do this on my own, and so far so good. As of today August 20 I am down 13 pounds! Outside of that, I HIGHLY recommend it!

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 2:06 PM

Review by TracyC273 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I've been on the pill for 15 days and it definitely curbs my appetite but issue is I have gained weight not lost. I eat maybe 1000-1200 in take a day.

August 14, 2014 4:02 PM

Review by Cincyhuffster (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: Started 15-day free trial July 1, 2014 weighing 263. Got first full-month Belviq prescription July 15 and had first post-medicine weigh-in on August 14, weighing 247. So I lost about 2.5 pounds a week for a total of 16 pounds. Enjoying feeling like a "normal" person who can have ice cream in the freezer and not think about eating it constantly. Since I've lost 5% of my initial weight, I'm a "responder" and should qualify to continue taking Belviq beyond 90 days.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2014 12:43 PM

Review by mne2627 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: Was on Qsymia first had to stop in less than 3 weeks due to side effects while driving but lost 9 pounds. On Belviq for 6 weeks, no side effects really watching diet and exercise but have not lost an ounce.

August 11, 2014 3:25 PM

Review by Celeste Atlanta:

For Weight Loss: This medicine really works for me. I lost 15 pounds in one month. Less cravings for sugar or snacks. Eating two protein shakes for breakfast and lunch (Medifast and/or Isagenyx) and a lean meat and green salad for dinner. Low carbohydrates and fat diet in general, plenty of veggies and lean meat or eggs. 30 mins of aerobic exercise a day. Like someone said, it's will power in a pill. The only side effect was a headache the first two days and Advil took care of it. I'm naturally a relaxed and happy person, but I do feel a general wellbeing and sleep better. I also felt a little more distracted than usual for a couple days at the beginning but after that nothing else. If you want to lose weight and feel better, try Belviq. Good luck to all!

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 3:48 PM

Review by Shadowrose (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I started taking Belviq on July 23, 2014. I weighed 248lbs. The first week I lost 2 oz's when I went back to the doctor on July 31st. But since the 31st I have lost 8 lbs. No side effects to speak of. I have already asked my doc for a refill. I want to lose 40 more pounds by December 1st.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 5:32 PM

Review by DANDYJO2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I just got a 5 month script after finally trying the 2 week trial. I have fibromyalgia and wanted to make sure I waited an appropriate amount of time between taking this and any other meds I had been. In 14 days I went from 195 to 182lbs. The only side effect I experienced was minor headache and sleepiness which has now subsided. I feel amazing. Insurance won't cover but I did receive help from Belviq with cost. I will pay for my future health!

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2014 11:09 AM

Review by Bob Kewarson Melville,Ny (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: 6 foot male 210 pounds three months 180 pounds zero side effects. Great product.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2014 8:08 AM