User Reviews for Belviq

Weight Loss 366 reviews 24 medications

8.5
Summary of Belviq reviews 570 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Belviq

For Weight Loss "I have only been on Belviq for 1 week. I'm not sure if I have lost any weight yet. I am experiencing many side effects. Bad headache, slightly dizzy, very tired (napping almost daily), and stomach issues (heartburn & diarrhea). I'm giving it 6 weeks and then I will decide what to do. I'm hoping the side effects go away within another week."

gory (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

For Obesity "I started on Belviq after having 5 months of down time due to atrial fib flutter and my MS acting up on me. Before that, I had been working out 5 days a week and had been eating healthy to get the weight off. I had gone down from 435 to 345 on my 5'9 frame, but depression set in and I stopped losing. My doctor was hesitant about putting me on the med because I am on Pristiq, but I am watching for Serotonin Syndrome. In one week I have lost 8 pounds and I would rather give up the Pristiq than the Belviq! My mood has improved so much that I am going to try weaning myself off the Pristiq (under my doctor's supervision!) will return with more updates! "

2young2bthru February 6, 2016

For Obesity "I was desperate to lose weight when I reached an all time high of 258 lbs. At 5'7%u201C On August 29, I began Belviq and a new food plan with my licensed nutrionist and my supervision of my doctor who first had to take me off Lexapro, slowly for anxiety. He said Belviq would benefit me by helping me lose weight and help reduce anxiety. I was excited to try. I am now Five months into this, lost 48 lbs at 210 lbs. I have had no side effects other than more dry mouth than usual with thirst. I drink water all day long anyway, so it isn't a big problem.. Dizzy at first from change in meds but quickly readjusted. I have no cravings for sugary foods and carbs. I feel so much better. I have faith that I will make goal of 175 by 1 year anniv"

LIgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2016

For Weight Loss "Took Belviq two week trial was shocked started off at 216 went to doctor when two week trial was up I was 208. I drink plenty of water. An helped curve my appetite. Only thing was now can't get put on it because my insurance doesn't cover it and its too expensive."

Babygurl10578 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Obesity "I am currently on belviq, I chose to write a review, because I was looking for a "real" honest/objective view of the drug. I will say this, I have taken belviq for about 1 month now. Initially, about the first 5 days I didn't notice a huge change in appetite. But by week 2, you notice it for sure. Fuller faster, and cravings for junk are a minimum. I planned to have a "cheat day" because in addition to the belviq, I've totally changed my eating habits, well cheat day comes, and I'm not craving any junk. At first the dry mouth side affect is awful but that goes away. Long story short, this medication is doing me proud. I can't say any huge weight loss yet BUT hey less eating, less chance of obesity."

arocket February 5, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been taking belviq for six months. I've lost 42 pounds. At 5'6 I went from 220 to178. I'd like to loose that last 8. I combined Belviq with the Calorie counting app that allows you to enter daily foods and activities. It then provides a daily analysis and maintains all your records. Finally it grades you each day. Together I've had great success and feel so much better. Only side effect : dry mouth. I can live with that !"

Jillymichele (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2016

For Obesity "I took Belviq when it first came out. This medicine did nothing for me. I would get severe headaches and really bad gas. I stayed on the medicine for a while and nothing. I lost weight when I got off of Belviq. I found that strange because I was doing the same thing as if I were still taking the medicine. Good luck to those who are taking Belviq."

K00Smile17 January 30, 2016

For Weight Loss "I am 52 years old, 5'5 and weighed 183 pounds. Keeping my old eating habits and staying sedentary expecting this med to work netted a 5 lb loss over 3 months. So I quit. I restarted after a 6 month break with a new food & exercise plan. My weight is falling off this time! My learning is that this med is exponentially more effective if I take responsibility for getting off the sofa and spending more time & money in the produce dept. I'm down 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks back on it. I've found some great recipes for vegetables I never thought I'd eat. My appetite us suppressed enough that I'm perfectly satisfied with a 5 oz steak instead of my normal 16 oz. I recommend Belviq but only as a supplement to healthier eating and exercise."

Sillo January 29, 2016

For Weight Loss "I began Belviq in August 2015. Overall I was very pleased with my results. I took it religiously for 3 months, and lost 30 pounds! The only side effect I experienced was weight loss. I had to make myself eat, and used My Fitness Pal to journal my nutrition/calories. I tried to stick to a 1000 to 1200 calorie limit, but most of the time I ate less. The down side to Belviq: just after I ordered anothe 3 month supply, it quit working altogether. I tried waiting a month, then trying again, unfortunately, it no longer worked for me...period. I was devastated. I have switched to another weight loss program, but too soon to see results."

Onamission (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2016

For Weight Loss "I just started taking Belviq 7 days ago. So far I have not experienced any troublesome side effects. I will say that I have felt tired and in the first days I did have a slight headache. Other than that it's been easy. Also I started out at 255lbs and now am at 247lbs. So I guess it's working."

naeinhtown (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been taking Belviq for 6 months and have lost 43 lbs but I am also exercising by walking at least 2 days a week and watching what I eat. I have had no side affects. I feel for Belviq to work as you want and as efficiently as it can, you need to have not only exercise but the frame of mind to think things through when you are feeling hungry. Like why are you hungry? are you not hungry but bored? are you sitting around watching TV? I have eaten most anything I want but in portions I have learned after 6 months the amount of food that I know will fill me up so I don't get the feeling of full like I did in the beginning because I don't put large portions on my plate and I'm never hungry after a meal."

Anonymous January 19, 2016

For Obesity "No side effects. Emotional/stress eater all my life. Now no appetite or food addictions making it easy to eat less, make good food choices and begin losing weight easily."

Pam55 January 19, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been using Belviq for a little over a month. I start on 12-9-15 at the weight of 277.4 and today on 1-16-2016 I have lost 13lbs total. I did have stall the second week taking the medication. I try to watch what I eat and how much I eat. I had no side effects of any kind I really do like this medication. It helps me to stop craving for foods I shouldn't have at all. My goal for the end of the year to drop down to 75lbs. Good luck to those who's giving the Belviq a try."

achiever (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have been on Belviq for 6 months and have loss 50 lbs. I have a heart condition and can not exert my heart rate, so exercise is out. I'm counting carbs and drinking 1 protein shake a day(30 gms protein). I am off several meds now and feel soooooo much better. I am 72 years old and went from 226 to 176 and I feel like I have a new lease on life. I have had NO side effects My goal is to lose total of 75 lbs. My shortness of breath is much, much better and love watching the lbs disappear. This Belviq saved my life.Thank you Belviq."

jaxgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have been on Belviq for 3 days now and I was worried that I might not see any weight loss. I have joined the gym at work and I work out 3/4 days a week. After reading some of the positive responds, I am very hopeful that I will lose weight. I hope that I have a successful story as above, and not a story that I can not lose anything!. Just for the record I feel great taken 2 pills a day and I have not had any headache's at all, (I hope that it stays this way)."

Laura Smith (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

For Obesity "I am giving this a 5 for now since it's only been day 2. I reached out to my dr for help with weight loss because I quit taking my Adderall in March of 2015. I was a size 4-6. Maybe 135 lbs. I'm 33 yrs old and do not have a family history of obesity but once I got off the Adderall that's when my weight got out of control! I went to a size 16 and now weigh 223 lbs! So yesterday the Belviq didn't work much. I was SO tired. All I did was stay in bed. I took my first dose around 11am. I took my 2nd dose at 7pm. I ate 2 go gurts, 2 hotdogs, and a plate of spaghetti. Then I fell asleep because it made me SO sleepy. I didn't wake up til 1:18pm today! today was better. Less appetite, still tired but less appetite!"

Calisucks January 6, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have been on Belviq 4 1/2 months and I have lost 61 pds. I have dropped down to 1 pill now because I do not want to get addicted to them. I did not give 10 stars because I want to make sure I do not get any long term side effects first. But Thanks Belviq I went from 320 to 258 and I feel so much better. I wish it was cheaper though."

Felecia Warner (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have been on Belviq for 3 weeks, twice daily. Most side affects have gone away except I'm still tired a lot. I started @ 244, I'm now at 230. I walk 2 miles most days of the week and I watch my carb intake. It has greatly reduced my appetite where I almost forget to eat. I drink lots of water and drink a cup of hot green tea at bedtime."

Happy with Belviq (female) January 1, 2016

For Obesity "Ok, I took my first pill! Any pointers that are working for you?"

Twear (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

For Weight Loss "I've been on the beviq for almost 4 months. Since day one I have not been hungry I was 265 now I'm 230lbs I'm so excited I don't excercise much it helps me a lot. "

Jackie180 December 23, 2015

For Weight Loss "I started 5 days ago. The first 2 days I had dizziness and serious hunger pangs. I felt like I was more hungry than ever. The side affects are lessening..but not 100% gone. Sadly despite diet and exercise I have not lost 1 pound. I'll see how things go for a full 2 weeks before stopping."

Simplytps (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

For Weight Loss "6 weeks into Belviq, and while I don't have the dreaded headache, I have not lost any weight at all, despite of dropping from 3 meals a day to 2, and giving up soda (diet or regular). I feel fine, sleep well, but weight exactly the same as I did before I started."

aimnorth (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2015

For Weight Loss "Very disappointed. Have been on Belviq for more than 6 months. Was diagnosed with diabetes 3 years ago and lost 90 pounds by changing my diet and exercising. Still had more weight to loose, so I asked the doctor about Belviq. He started me on the drug. Not only did I not loose additional weight, I have actually gained 10 pounds since I began taking it. Nothing else has changed. Still eating the same foods in the same quantities."

Time-Traveler731 December 15, 2015

For Obesity "I tried Belviq for Two weeks great med but no insurance will cover it. Coupons only 20 % out of pocket $265.00 for just for 1 a day dose."

BVS December 9, 2015

For Obesity "I started this medicine last month. At first i lost a few pounds. However, the headache was incredibly bad. By Week 2 I was wondering if I should continue. I read some reviews on here and everyone said to keep going until day 14, so I pushed through. By day 14, I had gained 7 pounds and my entire body ached as well as my head still hurting. My mind felt fuzzy and I, overall, felt horrible. I decided to stop taking the medicine. Good luck to everyone taking the pill. It was not for me. :("

Vedens82 December 4, 2015