User Reviews for Belviq

9.1
Summary of Belviq reviews 232 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Belviq

Review by janenower (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I wanted so badly to stay on this medication but after the second day I had to stop it. I had muscle aches, tired, and was still hungry. I also have tinnitus and it made it the noise in my ears so bad that I couldn't stand it. I stopped taking it and wondering if any of these symptoms subside as time goes on.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2014 11:53 PM

Review by BigBilky (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I started taking it after my weight got up to 303 pounds. I'm 6'4" and have put on about 50 pounds over the past 10 years. I have taken it for two months and am down to 287 pounds. It took about two weeks to notice a difference in appetite but once it kicked in it really kicked in. The only side effect is ocassionally feeling nauseous but it doesn't bother me.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2014 5:08 PM

Review by PAM F.:

For Obesity: I have been taking belviq for a day and a half. I feel so dizzy at times. I really hope this goes away. I had a headache but went away with advil. Im hoping and praying that the dizziness will go away with time. On a positive note, not very hungry, fuller faster, literally made myself eat at dinner time because I was scared I would get hungry closer to bedtime and didnt want to eat late.

August 26, 2014 10:06 AM

Review by disappointed123 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I tried the free 2 week supply of Belviq. I did not notice a thing. It did not curve my appetite. I kept waiting but I did not lose any weight. It costs over 200 dollars for 30 day supply.

August 24, 2014 8:57 PM

Review by ebeth76 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I started Belviq on the 17th of June. Within 2 days I felt a huge reduction in my appetite. I started losing weight almost immediately, lost 8. Lbs in the following 2 weeks. I was still drinking a lot of wine, and noticed my weight loss slow dramatically. I was still losing, but only 2 lbs were lost the next two weeks. I cut out wine completely July 20th, started losing rapidly again. As of today I am down a total of 25 lbs. I started at 180 lbs. (eek!) And today I am a 155. My blood pressure is way down and I don't crave wine at all. The only side effect is bladder pressure, very uncomfortable, feels like a urinary tract infection coming on, but isn't. I felt it when I first started and any time I take a few days break and restart. It goes away in a day.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 10:19 PM

Review by Flava:

For Weight Loss: I started Belviq on July 24 and in 10 days lost 10 pounds. I drastically changed my eating habits though, you must put in some work for the pill to work, I honestly do not believe though, that even with the change of eating, I would have lost that much in 10 days (I did not exercise in those 10 days). Side effects - I had the worst headache for about 3 days, I just popped some aspirin and eventually the headaches stopped. The one side effect that I did have that I eventually led me to stop taking Beliviq is the tiredness! It was so bad, that I chose not to take the pill anymore (stopped on August 1) and try to do this on my own, and so far so good. As of today August 20 I am down 13 pounds! Outside of that, I HIGHLY recommend it!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 2:06 PM

Review by TracyC273 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I've been on the pill for 15 days and it definitely curbs my appetite but issue is I have gained weight not lost. I eat maybe 1000-1200 in take a day.

August 14, 2014 4:02 PM

Review by Cincyhuffster (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: Started 15-day free trial July 1, 2014 weighing 263. Got first full-month Belviq prescription July 15 and had first post-medicine weigh-in on August 14, weighing 247. So I lost about 2.5 pounds a week for a total of 16 pounds. Enjoying feeling like a "normal" person who can have ice cream in the freezer and not think about eating it constantly. Since I've lost 5% of my initial weight, I'm a "responder" and should qualify to continue taking Belviq beyond 90 days.

August 14, 2014 12:43 PM

Review by mne2627 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: Was on Qsymia first had to stop in less than 3 weeks due to side effects while driving but lost 9 pounds. On Belviq for 6 weeks, no side effects really watching diet and exercise but have not lost an ounce.

August 11, 2014 3:25 PM

Review by Celeste Atlanta:

For Weight Loss: This medicine really works for me. I lost 15 pounds in one month. Less cravings for sugar or snacks. Eating two protein shakes for breakfast and lunch (Medifast and/or Isagenyx) and a lean meat and green salad for dinner. Low carbohydrates and fat diet in general, plenty of veggies and lean meat or eggs. 30 mins of aerobic exercise a day. Like someone said, it's will power in a pill. The only side effect was a headache the first two days and Advil took care of it. I'm naturally a relaxed and happy person, but I do feel a general wellbeing and sleep better. I also felt a little more distracted than usual for a couple days at the beginning but after that nothing else. If you want to lose weight and feel better, try Belviq. Good luck to all!

August 8, 2014 3:48 PM

Review by Shadowrose (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I started taking Belviq on July 23, 2014. I weighed 248lbs. The first week I lost 2 oz's when I went back to the doctor on July 31st. But since the 31st I have lost 8 lbs. No side effects to speak of. I have already asked my doc for a refill. I want to lose 40 more pounds by December 1st.

August 7, 2014 5:32 PM

Review by DANDYJO2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I just got a 5 month script after finally trying the 2 week trial. I have fibromyalgia and wanted to make sure I waited an appropriate amount of time between taking this and any other meds I had been. In 14 days I went from 195 to 182lbs. The only side effect I experienced was minor headache and sleepiness which has now subsided. I feel amazing. Insurance won't cover but I did receive help from Belviq with cost. I will pay for my future health!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2014 11:09 AM

Review by Bob Kewarson Melville,Ny (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: 6 foot male 210 pounds three months 180 pounds zero side effects. Great product.

August 5, 2014 8:08 AM

Review by Irish1Too:

For Weight Loss: I'm almost to the end of the 15 day free trial of Belviq. I had headaches and dry mouth. Wasn't seeing any weight loss. I actually gained 4 pounds and I was eating a very healthy low-Cal diet. I wasn't hungry and lost all cravings, which made the new food plan so easy. Then I started having an urge to urinate frequently that was painful and bothersome. It is a side effect. I called my Dr.and I came in to give a sample. Totally normal. It was the pills. I hadn't taken any pills that day but I drank about a gallon of water. I started to feel better. It was the water. I'm back on the pills, drink a gallon of water a day, and I've lost 8 pounds. I'm happy with that. No side effects at this time. New prescription ordered.

August 2, 2014 8:40 PM

Review by Chris from DFW:

For Weight Loss: 90 day update. Down from 245 to 213. Headed south to 200. No more XXL shirts and I lost 3 knotches on my belt. Blood Pressure down to safe levels. Was 190/125. Good Luck. Hopefully, if more people hear about this, the price will come down.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2014 4:19 PM

Review by lulu_619:

For Obesity: I started taking this because my doctor insisted in me trying something after many failed programs after I read most of you guys reviews I gave it a try and the 1st day I felt weird as hell had a tingling feeling on my left hand and a headache from hell but after my 2nd day it's like I don't feel a thing maybe only a headache but ibuprofen took care of that. I would tell anyone scared to try it give it at least two days. And I believe you'll love it. I'm starting out with 266 pounds.

July 29, 2014 7:44 PM

Review by Cyndi S (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: I have been taking Belviq for about 6-7 weeks. I have tried every fad diet and never had success. Exercise became almost impossible. So far I have gone from 254-236lbs. A little behind right now as I had emergency Abdominal surgery last week. But I have to say my cravings have decreased that I have to remind myself to eat. I always craved sugar filled treats. Now I can walk past the Bakery section and not look or purchase anything. It has also cut down on our grocery bill. Prepared foods and bakery items add not only calories but can be costly. This girl always ate at least 2 cannolis at once. Haven't had one this entire time! Yeah!

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 2:19 AM

Review by The New Me! (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Weight Loss: I'm pretty excited. My dress size is down from an 8 to a 4 after about 8 months on Belviq. Yes I am exercising daily. My eating habits have changed for the better. I think that is how it works. You forget to eat and when you do eat you eat less. You get used to eating less and better, healthier foods seem to fill you up more than before. I have now new eating and exercising habits so yes, this is the new me. I hope this helps others as much as it has helped me!

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by hopeful in Austin (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I have carried around an additional 35 lbs on this 5'3" body for six years with no willpower or cravings control to get it off. Just finished my first full week on Belviq and have lost 3.5 lbs. I lose like a snail so this is impressive. I did have a mild headache for the first three evenings which went away with Advil. Mild dry mouth and definitely felt a bit off balance but the good news is that my urgent hunger pangs and carb, dessert and wine cravings are gone! Still enjoy my food but, as others have said, I am perfectly happy to make healthy choices and to eat small portions. I have been able to cut down on my evening wine and have substituted my evening ice cream with herb tea. All of these changes have been painless.

July 26, 2014 11:33 AM

Review by Betsyanne01:

For Weight Loss: I have been on Belviq for 8 days now. The first 3-4 days I had headaches and a slight pounding in my ears. I do feel like I'm a little more forgetful than usual but nothing extreme. I just make myself a list so nothing slips by. My joints are a little sore but again nothing extreme. My starting weight was 176.8 and 8 days later I'm 171.2. I haven't changed my eating habits as far as what I eat but I'm eating a portion of what I would normally eat. My "obsession" for food has pretty much gone away. I can get through an entire day without having cravings. So far the results compared to the slight side effects are so worth it for me! My Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance covers 65% of the monthly cost so my monthly portion is $71.00.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 5:52 PM

Review by Mike from LA (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: I have lost 26lbs in 4 months but have plateaued now for over a month. I think my body said, ok if that is what you are feeding me, fine. I am not eating anymore and in fact probably less. Has anyone else hit the floor and can't go down anymore.

July 21, 2014 7:53 PM

Review by Kidsallgone (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I am a 61 yr old, 5'3" female that started the 2 week trial on April 15, 2014 at 237 pounds. If I had any initial side effects I don't recall them, so I must have had none or they were too mild to even mention. I don't have any side effects now which is a little over 3 months since I started. I lost 10 pounds during the 2 week (free) trial so I was impressed and definitely ready to continue! I got a $75/month card (credit) from the pill company so that was a plus. I still have to pay $163/mth. My insurance does not cover it. They would rather pay for my cholesterol and blood pressure meds. So as of today, July 18, 2014, I have gone from 237 to 210lbs. Not too bad with 27 pounds gone with no side effects and no exercise. Loving the results!

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 18, 2014 2:42 PM

Review by CDB1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: 1 month 4 days on Belviq and lost 20 lbs, 195 to 175. Amazing because I have travelled and gone to several parties during this time. I'm strictly following the "every other day" diet. Belviq makes it much easier to follow. I plan to continue on Belviq until goal, 135, another 40lb, then discuss maintenance with my doctor. Good luck to all!

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2014 7:09 AM

Review by Lashonda Johnson Memphis (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Weight Loss: I was fat until about nine months ago. Now I am chunky but weigh sixty three pounds less. Start 229 pounds now 166 pounds. Just started the stationary bike and look forward to getting to 148lbs and that is livable. My blood work and other issues are starting to make good progress. I would like to recommend this to the yo yo dieters. No side effects except a little dry mouth.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 14, 2014 6:28 PM

Review by RJ Patterson Milignton,TN (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: Been on Belviq for four month lost 43.2 pounds. No side effects. Started at 5"10 243 pounds and now at 200 pounds, 59 year old guy. Feel great blood work getting cleaner. Cardio on the way along with fewer carbs. Stopped smoking after six weeks but was a half pack a day, 20 year smoker.

July 14, 2014 11:53 AM