User Reviews for Belviq

9.1
Summary of Belviq reviews 236 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Belviq

Review by Way too big (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Obesity: I have been on Belviq for just shy of 10 months. I started at about 288 lbs. I got an Eat Smart scale the second week on Belviq. I was a 54 year old male. Today, I weighed in at 226 lbs. That is 62 lbs. lost in almost 10 months. The week I started, my A1c was 6.6. My PCP has been having blood work done every 3 months. My A1c is now 5.3 and I am no longer taking Metformin or Simvistatin. Side effects are very minor, compared to how it has changed my life. And the second best thing is, I sleep much sounder. If I do wake up at night, I fall back asleep right away. When I make it to my goal weight, I will probably talk to my doctor about continuing Belviq at a 1/2 dosage.

September 6, 2014 11:32 AM

Review by redrockdiva (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: After just a few days I am experiencing pain in my neck and upper back pain so bad that I cannot take it anymore.

September 2, 2014 10:11 PM

Review by Constance Kay:

For Obesity: Belviq has saved my life! I am a 72 year old female that has tried EVERY diet and fad for weight loss. I have lost between 30-35 pounds since May and my goal is in sight! I no longer isolate myself because I didn't want anyone to see how much weight I had gained. I have COPD and the weight loss has helped by 30-40%! I no longer "graze" all day and no longer hyper!

September 1, 2014 4:29 PM

Review by Anne Barett New Jersey:

For Weight Loss: Just updating my experience. I have reached my goal weight and my blood work shows my tryglycerides went to normal. My good cholesterol went from 21 to 59 and I have not really exercised except for light walking. I am in total control of my eating and life has never been better. I am staying on the medicine as my blood sugar dropped and diabetes has been avoided. Insurance finally figured out that they save money on me now. No side effects except good sleep. Belviq will help many as discipline and willpower are key.

192 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 31, 2014 1:53 PM

Review by janenower (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I wanted so badly to stay on this medication but after the second day I had to stop it. I had muscle aches, tired, and was still hungry. I also have tinnitus and it made it the noise in my ears so bad that I couldn't stand it. I stopped taking it and wondering if any of these symptoms subside as time goes on.

August 28, 2014 11:53 PM

Review by BigBilky (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I started taking it after my weight got up to 303 pounds. I'm 6'4" and have put on about 50 pounds over the past 10 years. I have taken it for two months and am down to 287 pounds. It took about two weeks to notice a difference in appetite but once it kicked in it really kicked in. The only side effect is ocassionally feeling nauseous but it doesn't bother me.

August 27, 2014 5:08 PM

Review by Yecart81 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I have a sleep eating problem and hypothyroidism, so I struggle and have gone from 130 pounds to 172 pounds over the past 7 years but I am 5'2". That's a problem plus I recently turned the big 50. I can eat 20 salads or 20 cheese burgers and the scale doesn't move. I have only taken the pill for 7 days and have lost 3 pounds which is huge. I have zero side effects, no cravings and no night grazing. I think I finally found the help I needed in order to stay motivate to a healthy diet and life style. Couldn't be more pleasantly surprised and satisfied that this will change my life.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2014 8:37 PM

Review by PAM F.:

For Obesity: I have been taking belviq for a day and a half. I feel so dizzy at times. I really hope this goes away. I had a headache but went away with advil. Im hoping and praying that the dizziness will go away with time. On a positive note, not very hungry, fuller faster, literally made myself eat at dinner time because I was scared I would get hungry closer to bedtime and didnt want to eat late.

August 26, 2014 10:06 AM

Review by disappointed123 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I tried the free 2 week supply of Belviq. I did not notice a thing. It did not curve my appetite. I kept waiting but I did not lose any weight. It costs over 200 dollars for 30 day supply.

August 24, 2014 8:57 PM

Review by ebeth76 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I started Belviq on the 17th of June. Within 2 days I felt a huge reduction in my appetite. I started losing weight almost immediately, lost 8. Lbs in the following 2 weeks. I was still drinking a lot of wine, and noticed my weight loss slow dramatically. I was still losing, but only 2 lbs were lost the next two weeks. I cut out wine completely July 20th, started losing rapidly again. As of today I am down a total of 25 lbs. I started at 180 lbs. (eek!) And today I am a 155. My blood pressure is way down and I don't crave wine at all. The only side effect is bladder pressure, very uncomfortable, feels like a urinary tract infection coming on, but isn't. I felt it when I first started and any time I take a few days break and restart. It goes away in a day.

August 20, 2014 10:19 PM

Review by Flava:

For Weight Loss: I started Belviq on July 24 and in 10 days lost 10 pounds. I drastically changed my eating habits though, you must put in some work for the pill to work, I honestly do not believe though, that even with the change of eating, I would have lost that much in 10 days (I did not exercise in those 10 days). Side effects - I had the worst headache for about 3 days, I just popped some aspirin and eventually the headaches stopped. The one side effect that I did have that I eventually led me to stop taking Beliviq is the tiredness! It was so bad, that I chose not to take the pill anymore (stopped on August 1) and try to do this on my own, and so far so good. As of today August 20 I am down 13 pounds! Outside of that, I HIGHLY recommend it!

August 20, 2014 2:06 PM

Review by TracyC273 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I've been on the pill for 15 days and it definitely curbs my appetite but issue is I have gained weight not lost. I eat maybe 1000-1200 in take a day.

August 14, 2014 4:02 PM

Review by Cincyhuffster (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: Started 15-day free trial July 1, 2014 weighing 263. Got first full-month Belviq prescription July 15 and had first post-medicine weigh-in on August 14, weighing 247. So I lost about 2.5 pounds a week for a total of 16 pounds. Enjoying feeling like a "normal" person who can have ice cream in the freezer and not think about eating it constantly. Since I've lost 5% of my initial weight, I'm a "responder" and should qualify to continue taking Belviq beyond 90 days.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2014 12:43 PM

Review by mne2627 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: Was on Qsymia first had to stop in less than 3 weeks due to side effects while driving but lost 9 pounds. On Belviq for 6 weeks, no side effects really watching diet and exercise but have not lost an ounce.

August 11, 2014 3:25 PM

Review by Celeste Atlanta:

For Weight Loss: This medicine really works for me. I lost 15 pounds in one month. Less cravings for sugar or snacks. Eating two protein shakes for breakfast and lunch (Medifast and/or Isagenyx) and a lean meat and green salad for dinner. Low carbohydrates and fat diet in general, plenty of veggies and lean meat or eggs. 30 mins of aerobic exercise a day. Like someone said, it's will power in a pill. The only side effect was a headache the first two days and Advil took care of it. I'm naturally a relaxed and happy person, but I do feel a general wellbeing and sleep better. I also felt a little more distracted than usual for a couple days at the beginning but after that nothing else. If you want to lose weight and feel better, try Belviq. Good luck to all!

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 3:48 PM

Review by Shadowrose (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I started taking Belviq on July 23, 2014. I weighed 248lbs. The first week I lost 2 oz's when I went back to the doctor on July 31st. But since the 31st I have lost 8 lbs. No side effects to speak of. I have already asked my doc for a refill. I want to lose 40 more pounds by December 1st.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 5:32 PM

Review by DANDYJO2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I just got a 5 month script after finally trying the 2 week trial. I have fibromyalgia and wanted to make sure I waited an appropriate amount of time between taking this and any other meds I had been. In 14 days I went from 195 to 182lbs. The only side effect I experienced was minor headache and sleepiness which has now subsided. I feel amazing. Insurance won't cover but I did receive help from Belviq with cost. I will pay for my future health!

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2014 11:09 AM

Review by Bob Kewarson Melville,Ny (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: 6 foot male 210 pounds three months 180 pounds zero side effects. Great product.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2014 8:08 AM

Review by Irish1Too:

For Weight Loss: I'm almost to the end of the 15 day free trial of Belviq. I had headaches and dry mouth. Wasn't seeing any weight loss. I actually gained 4 pounds and I was eating a very healthy low-Cal diet. I wasn't hungry and lost all cravings, which made the new food plan so easy. Then I started having an urge to urinate frequently that was painful and bothersome. It is a side effect. I called my Dr.and I came in to give a sample. Totally normal. It was the pills. I hadn't taken any pills that day but I drank about a gallon of water. I started to feel better. It was the water. I'm back on the pills, drink a gallon of water a day, and I've lost 8 pounds. I'm happy with that. No side effects at this time. New prescription ordered.

August 2, 2014 8:40 PM

Review by Chris from DFW:

For Weight Loss: 90 day update. Down from 245 to 213. Headed south to 200. No more XXL shirts and I lost 3 knotches on my belt. Blood Pressure down to safe levels. Was 190/125. Good Luck. Hopefully, if more people hear about this, the price will come down.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2014 4:19 PM

Review by lulu_619:

For Obesity: I started taking this because my doctor insisted in me trying something after many failed programs after I read most of you guys reviews I gave it a try and the 1st day I felt weird as hell had a tingling feeling on my left hand and a headache from hell but after my 2nd day it's like I don't feel a thing maybe only a headache but ibuprofen took care of that. I would tell anyone scared to try it give it at least two days. And I believe you'll love it. I'm starting out with 266 pounds.

July 29, 2014 7:44 PM

Review by Cyndi S (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: I have been taking Belviq for about 6-7 weeks. I have tried every fad diet and never had success. Exercise became almost impossible. So far I have gone from 254-236lbs. A little behind right now as I had emergency Abdominal surgery last week. But I have to say my cravings have decreased that I have to remind myself to eat. I always craved sugar filled treats. Now I can walk past the Bakery section and not look or purchase anything. It has also cut down on our grocery bill. Prepared foods and bakery items add not only calories but can be costly. This girl always ate at least 2 cannolis at once. Haven't had one this entire time! Yeah!

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 2:19 AM

Review by The New Me! (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Weight Loss: I'm pretty excited. My dress size is down from an 8 to a 4 after about 8 months on Belviq. Yes I am exercising daily. My eating habits have changed for the better. I think that is how it works. You forget to eat and when you do eat you eat less. You get used to eating less and better, healthier foods seem to fill you up more than before. I have now new eating and exercising habits so yes, this is the new me. I hope this helps others as much as it has helped me!

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by hopeful in Austin (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I have carried around an additional 35 lbs on this 5'3" body for six years with no willpower or cravings control to get it off. Just finished my first full week on Belviq and have lost 3.5 lbs. I lose like a snail so this is impressive. I did have a mild headache for the first three evenings which went away with Advil. Mild dry mouth and definitely felt a bit off balance but the good news is that my urgent hunger pangs and carb, dessert and wine cravings are gone! Still enjoy my food but, as others have said, I am perfectly happy to make healthy choices and to eat small portions. I have been able to cut down on my evening wine and have substituted my evening ice cream with herb tea. All of these changes have been painless.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 11:33 AM

Review by Betsyanne01:

For Weight Loss: I have been on Belviq for 8 days now. The first 3-4 days I had headaches and a slight pounding in my ears. I do feel like I'm a little more forgetful than usual but nothing extreme. I just make myself a list so nothing slips by. My joints are a little sore but again nothing extreme. My starting weight was 176.8 and 8 days later I'm 171.2. I haven't changed my eating habits as far as what I eat but I'm eating a portion of what I would normally eat. My "obsession" for food has pretty much gone away. I can get through an entire day without having cravings. So far the results compared to the slight side effects are so worth it for me! My Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance covers 65% of the monthly cost so my monthly portion is $71.00.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 5:52 PM