User Reviews for Belviq

Weight Loss 399 reviews 42 medications

8.3
Summary of Belviq reviews 611 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Belviq

For Weight Loss "I am been on Belviq for almost a year. Immediately upon starting the medication I notice a difference. I didn't have much of an appetite. I have lost 85 pounds so far. It's expensive but my health is priceless so I made other adjustments to be able to afford the medication. With a reduced diet and exercise everyone should get results."

Mz Jeffery May 2, 2016

For Weight Loss "I was diagnosed with a disorder that essentially makes me never feel full after eating and always hungry. I am a very healthy eater. High protein, lots of veggies, some fruit, huge water drinker, no sugar and alcohol on occasion. Despite the good eating and the consistent activity of being a mom of 3 kids, I am about 70 pounds overweight. The first day of taking this medication, I did not feel hungry all day long. I actually had to remind myself to eat for the first time in my life. Since this is week one, I can't report on weight loss. So far I am having a pretty bad headache that is consistent. I'm also having a few strange hot flashes. However, I'm sleeping better. I have to agree that the cost is outrageous. Time will tell. "

Moomay35 April 29, 2016

For Weight Loss "I love Belviq! I had been exercising and eating healthy on my own and had lost 185 pounds! Well, my MS caught up with me and I wasn't able to exercise anymore! 60 pounds came back on in 8 months! I decided to try Belviq and it has killed my appetite! I have to force myself to eat even though I am back to exercising 5-6 times a week! When I eat, I am not reaching for cokes and junk food anymore. I want water and fruit instead!"

Sony65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have been taking belviq for about 3wks & have not seen any results nor does it suppress my appetite "

Wandab0213 April 27, 2016

For Weight Loss "I LOVE Belviq! I am just starting my 4th week and have lost 13 lbs but more important I have lost a total of 10 1/2 inches from chest, waist and hips. I feel better, I look better and best of all...no side effects!!! Belviq has helped me curb all my cravings! I have cut out pop, sugar, fast food and most dairy. When I do eat, I am very satisfied on very little. My daily calorie intake is 1200 or below. Now I just need to find time to exercise. Oh and one good side effect is that I sleep like a baby!!! And maybe it does make me a little thirsty but that's okay cuz water is so important to weighthe loss. I try to drink at least 80 oz of water a day. Did I mention I LOVE Belviq? Well I really do! Looking forward to losing 50 more lbs!"

Cinderella45 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

For Obesity "I started belviq last year July 2015, and for the first 7 months on it, only ate a healthy diet without excercise. Only lost 8 lbs. Was really disappointed.. Well 1 month ago, I began eating right AND exercising , and lost an additional 15 lbs. This is not a miracle drug. You can't take belviq alone and expect to lose weight. From my experience, I believe this med works well as a tool, but only if you completely change your lifestyle."

SpringsHere (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been taking Belviq for 1 week, I haven't lost any weight yet. I do believe it's helping me not crave sweets! I have a major sweet tooth & after 1 day on Belviq I have had no cravings for the sweets. I do have dry mouth so drinking a lot of water which is a +! Also I'm very tired, it's all I can do to get through work. Hoping I start to feel better, I can't take much more of this tiredness. I hope I start seeing the scale go down."

nancyncraig April 23, 2016

For Obesity "I am starting Belviq today. I will post in 2 -weeks to give update on any side effects and positive and/or negative experiences."

Scope64 April 20, 2016

For Weight Loss "My doctor prescribed Belviq for me because I wanted to lose weight and I already follow a healthy lifestyle. I'm 59 years old, eat a lowfat diet filled with fresh vegetables and lots of protein. I also work out at the gym 4 days a week including weight training. I used Belviq for over 2 months and didn't lose a single ounce! Frustrated? No. Angry! This medication was very expensive and gave absolutely no results. I would definately not recommend this to others. A complete waste of my money!"

Kathybowles12 April 12, 2016

For Weight Loss "6 weeks so far taking this I've lost total of 21 pounds so far. Very satisfied with this I have absolutely no side effects. Can't wait too see what the upcoming weeks bring :)"

Babygurl10578 April 9, 2016

For Obesity "I tried the 2 week trial and I did lose about 7 pounds and my sugar cravings were diminished. I wish I could continue but it is just too expensive. I wish it came in generic, however the patents don't start expiring until 2023 so it won't be anytime soon."

ladytech April 6, 2016

For Weight Loss "Started taking Belviq on March 26 (going to be 2 weeks on April 9) No weight loss at all or supressed appetite. Cause horrible migraine for 48 hours straight. Besides that does not affect me in any other way."

BussinessWomanandMom April 6, 2016

For Obesity "Been taking belviq for 3-4 weeks. Side affects were mild headache,fatigue and sneezing in the 3rd week but now subsided for the most part. I am though a little tired at the end of day and sleep well at night. I'm assuming the longer you take it the more your body gets used to it. I have lost 15 lbs so far. I have cut my portions to almost half. Still eating much of what I like but less. Also notice that I have made some new healthy choices. I plan to start exercising this week as well, by walking regularly until I can jog comfortably. I know there is no perfect pill that's not going to have side affects so if there's a little discomfort in the short term for long term gains I'm in. I truly belviq will help me achieve my long term goal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

For Weight Loss "I started taking Belviq March 28, 2016. It has been just about a week now. I would suggest that you go with the 15-day free trial before you consider purchasing this product. It hasn't worked for me at all, in fact I almost feel like I'm taking a placebo. I haven't noticed any change in my appetite other than being just as hungry or hungrier. I'm not really sure how it's supposed to work, I just know that isn't working. I purchased the 30-day supply so I'm going to keep taking it until I finished all of the medication, but I doubt very seriously that I'll be reordering. Maybe by some miracle something will happen after 2 or 3 weeks. I'm very disappointed because I really want to lose weight and I don't want to have surgery."

LaShonda Allen (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have been on belviq for a month now- no change in appetite at all & I have gained weight. I am tired all the time & get awful headaches. How can I exercise & eat right if I am so tired I can't get out of bed? So far a big waste of money."

Patty12 March 31, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been taking Belviq since March7,2016 and today is the March 30th I've lost a total of 12 pounds, had no side effects what so ever. I love Belviq it's changing my life . I'm also working out 3x's a week and "TRYING" to eat better .Yet it's expensive but I look at it like this I would pay a lot of money on fast food so I might is well use my money on something that's helping me change my life."

Keke1028 March 31, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been taking it for about 6 weeks. I've lost 7 lbs so fast. The fatigue is awful though. Yes, I'm finally sleeping all night, but I'm still tired all day. I'm going to continue to take it as long as I keep seeing the weight drop. It's not going to make you drop 10 lbs a week. You also have to be in the right mindset to be ready to eat better also."

Jarnold80 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2016

For Weight Loss "I had the same appetite and weight that I had when I didn't use belviq. It is expensive and it didnt work at all for me, I was still hungry just like before. I don't recommend it"

innishez March 29, 2016

For Obesity "I started belviq mid Jan 2016 I started with the 15 day trial first, first 10 days no change, 11th day It kicked in, everyones different. For me no side effects, to me belviq gives you control of eating, I have developed a daily routine that seems to work for me light breakfast 2 healthy snacks an then a fatty meal an nothing after 6pm at all..up to 6 to 8 glasses of water daily..I started at 324 an now 7 weeks I'm at 304 a total 20 pds lost, being so big no one probably notices it but I feel it..I thank God, I need to be healthy or death is at my door..I'm excited that something is finally working.."

Dee52j March 20, 2016

For Weight Loss "Just started belviq 1.5 weeks ago. No changes for the positive yet. Never been so exhausted in my life, if the fatigue continues this bad I will stop taking med."

Patty12 March 15, 2016

For Weight Loss "Lost 62 pounds in about 8 months, and it's still coming off. No side effects. I'm ecstatic. Note: it took a little over a month before I saw results. Two pills a day (I suggest 30 minutes prior to meals). Get full blood work and cardio first, blood rechecks quarterly. I now feel much fuller with smaller portions. Folks, diet is probably 90% of weight loss! Choose a small subset of low cal, filling foods and stick with those. Rotate when burned out. Egg whites, poultry are a staple for me. Eliminate all breads and sugar! Drink water. On the fence? Remember, obesity kills. Use "myfitnesspal" app or similar and record everything that goes into your mouth. Bottom line: for me, I'm less of a man than I was months ago - and I'm happy about that!!"

CaliforniaG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2016

For Weight Loss "I am on my third day of Belviq. It seems to be working for suppressing my appetite. I read a lot of reviews before taking it and I have noticed some of the common side effects (not sure if it's just because I read it that I'm thinking I'm feeling it). I have had some dizziness, super thirsty, some heat flashes, tired... But I do like the fact that it suppresses my appetite. I've been eating healthier and working out a lot so I will weigh in two weeks. My start date was 3/10/16 at 217lbs."

Chelle99 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2016

For Weight Loss "Almost six weeks in...not one pound. The tiredness at first had me ready for bed about 3pm. I was exhausted. Mouth a bit dry, mild headaches, but they only lasted about a week. Very disappointed that working out seven days a week, being careful with portion size etc. showed no encouraging results."

Katycouv (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have been on Belviq for 1 month and love it..The first week was hard, because I was put of it, had muscle aches, and just didn't feel right..After week 2 I felt great and now I have lost 20 lbs, which probably isn't healthy, but I had to force myself to eat..I noticed when I am hungry I am going to healthy foods rather than junk."

Loreee March 8, 2016

For Weight Loss "This is my first day taking Belviq. I have noticed dizziness and I have been extremely thirsty drinking a lot of water. I will give it the 15 days to see what happens. Before starting Belviq, I did the green smoothie diet for 10 days and lost 13 pounds. I need to lose about 10-15 more pound to be in my right weight. I was obese, but now I am overweight according to the medical chart. We will continue taking it and see what the outcome is."

Baptized91 March 7, 2016