User Reviews for Imodium

Learn more about Imodium.

Diarrhea, Chronic 1 reviews 30 medications

Diarrhea 2 reviews 62 medications

8.3
Diarrhea, Acute 1 reviews 13 medications

Traveler's Diarrhea 2 reviews 49 medications

Summary of Imodium reviews 6 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Imodium

For Traveler's Diarrhea "I had loose almost diarrhea stools for almost three months after a trip to Florida. I began to seriously worry, so before going to a doctor took a dose (2 pills) of Imodium. I returned to normal in 2 days and have had no problem since. One dose fixed a 3 month long problem! Read the directions. It said to take a second dose after a second event of loose stools. I might have taken another dose that night after the first if I had read read the instructions carefully. I suspect some of the reviewers who had stomach pains might have done that, because I had NO discomfort. Just an almost miraculous immediate return to normal movements. Thank you makers!"

Carrell Photographer June 11, 2015

For Diarrhea "I get diarrhea all the time since I was 12 or 13. I take a lot of meds, and a lot of food I can no longer eat. This medicine works right away for me. I am now 67 yrs old. I only use it if the diarrhea lasts for more than two days."

pees July 19, 2014

For Diarrhea "Works."

Natkoll (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 11, 2014

For Diarrhea, Acute "If I eat meat, spicy foods, or dairy products, especially if it is later in the day, I sometimes get acute diarrhea at night. This is sometimes accompanied by pain that is bad enough to double me over. Imodium has always stopped the diarrhea, and the pain that I get with it, and almost always within two doses. As the bottle suggests, I take two pills after the first loose stool, and one after any subsequent loose stool. Although other medicines (such as Pepto-Bismal / Kaopectate) can also be helpful, whenever I sense that these symptoms are starting, I think of Imodium right away, because I know there is a very high probability that it will make the period of discomfort be as short as possible."

Shield Sheafson (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2013

For Diarrhea, Chronic "I have had chronic diarrhea for 20 years. I could not eat without experiencing diarrhea, had accidents in public places. The first thing I did when entering a new building was locate the restroom. I frequently had to leave my classroom unattended to run--no running would have been disastrous--carefully walk to the nearest restroom and have embarrassingly flatulent and explosive bouts of diarrhea. I finally started self-medicating, taking one tablet in the morning and one before supper. I have two normal bowel motions a day. No more diarrhea now. My life has changed!"

So relieved! (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2012

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Traveler's Diarrhea "It does fix the problem, but I get heavy abdominal pains."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2012