Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Imodium

Learn more about Imodium.

Diarrhea, Chronic 1 reviews 32 medications

2.5
Summary of Imodium reviews 5 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Imodium

Review by pees:

For Diarrhea: I get diarrhea all the time since I was 12 or 13. I take a lot of meds, and a lot of food I can no longer eat. This medicine works right away for me. I am now 67 yrs old. I only use it if the diarrhea lasts for more than two days.

July 19, 2014 12:44 PM

Review by Natkoll (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Diarrhea: Works.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2014 10:52 PM

Review by Shield Sheafson (taken for 10 years or more):

For Diarrhea, Acute: If I eat meat, spicy foods, or dairy products, especially if it is later in the day, I sometimes get acute diarrhea at night. This is sometimes accompanied by pain that is bad enough to double me over. Imodium has always stopped the diarrhea, and the pain that I get with it, and almost always within two doses. As the bottle suggests, I take two pills after the first loose stool, and one after any subsequent loose stool. Although other medicines (such as Pepto-Bismal / Kaopectate) can also be helpful, whenever I sense that these symptoms are starting, I think of Imodium right away, because I know there is a very high probability that it will make the period of discomfort be as short as possible.

October 13, 2013 5:43 AM

Review by So relieved! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diarrhea, Chronic: I have had chronic diarrhea for 20 years. I could not eat without experiencing diarrhea, had accidents in public places. The first thing I did when entering a new building was locate the restroom. I frequently had to leave my classroom unattended to run--no running would have been disastrous--carefully walk to the nearest restroom and have embarrassingly flatulent and explosive bouts of diarrhea. I finally started self-medicating, taking one tablet in the morning and one before supper. I have two normal bowel motions a day. No more diarrhea now. My life has changed!

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2012 2:19 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Traveler's Diarrhea: It does fix the problem, but I get heavy abdominal pains.

July 1, 2012 2:24 PM