User Reviews for Loperamide

Also known as: Anti-Diarrheal, Diamode, Diar-Aid, Imodium, Imodium A-D, Imotil, Kao-Paverin, Kaopectate 1-D, Kaopectate II, Neo-Diaral, Pepto Diarrhea Control, Up and Up Anti-Diarrheal Solution

Learn more about Loperamide.

Diarrhea 14 reviews 73 medications

Lymphocytic Colitis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Loperamide reviews 20 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Loperamide

Review by pees:

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: I get diarrhea all the time since I was 12 or 13. I take a lot of meds, and a lot of food I can no longer eat. This medicine works right away for me. I am now 67 yrs old. I only use it if the diarrhea lasts for more than two days.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 19, 2014 12:44 PM

Review by mikepharm1:

Anti-Diarrheal (loperamide) for Diarrhea: Very effective.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 28, 2014 11:54 PM

Review by Natkoll (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: Works.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2014 10:52 PM

Review by JoeyJoJoShabadoo Junior:

For Diarrhea: 2 days into the most painful diarrhea I've ever experienced, I got onto Gastro-stop. Within about 45 minutes my severe gut cramps had reduced to rumbles and diarrhea no more, combined with some re-hydration product I am feeling almost well again.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2014 3:34 AM

Review by FrequentBathroomers (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Diarrhea: I take this for Irritable Bowel Syndrome control and it works very well. In most cases 2 x 2mg capsules does the job, however sometimes a further one or two are needed for more severe cases.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2014 1:20 PM

Review by Shield Sheafson (taken for 10 years or more):

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: If I eat meat, spicy foods, or dairy products, especially if it is later in the day, I sometimes get acute diarrhea at night. This is sometimes accompanied by pain that is bad enough to double me over. Imodium has always stopped the diarrhea, and the pain that I get with it, and almost always within two doses. As the bottle suggests, I take two pills after the first loose stool, and one after any subsequent loose stool. Although other medicines (such as Pepto-Bismal / Kaopectate) can also be helpful, whenever I sense that these symptoms are starting, I think of Imodium right away, because I know there is a very high probability that it will make the period of discomfort be as short as possible.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2013 5:43 AM

Review by DailyBiPolar (taken for less than 1 month):

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: I have severe symptoms and after 4 doses, Imodium AD has NOT worked for me. Symptoms continue despite treatment with Imodium AD.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2013 1:32 PM

Review by Coppertopcurls (taken for less than 1 month):

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: The ONE and ONLY time this medication didn't work occurred when I had an infection in my intestinal tract which necessitated treatment with antibiotics. Otherwise it always works.

March 27, 2013 4:20 PM

Review by susanw85 (taken for less than 1 month):

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: I had a bad bout of diarrhea and this medicine stopped it for me.

January 6, 2013 6:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diarrhea: One pill is enough to stop diarrhea.

October 26, 2012 6:24 PM

Review by So relieved! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: I have had chronic diarrhea for 20 years. I could not eat without experiencing diarrhea, had accidents in public places. The first thing I did when entering a new building was locate the restroom. I frequently had to leave my classroom unattended to run--no running would have been disastrous--carefully walk to the nearest restroom and have embarrassingly flatulent and explosive bouts of diarrhea. I finally started self-medicating, taking one tablet in the morning and one before supper. I have two normal bowel motions a day. No more diarrhea now. My life has changed!

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2012 2:19 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Imodium (loperamide) for Traveler's Diarrhea: It does fix the problem, but I get heavy abdominal pains.

July 1, 2012 2:24 PM

Imotil (loperamide) for Diarrhea: It worked great but made my eyes very dilated so much so that I could not read. I started taking it after getting my C-diff from the antibiotics from a back stimulator being placed in my mid-back. Can't say enough good about it except the eye dilatation.

December 20, 2011 11:58 AM

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: I used to get diarrhea with my panic attacks and Imodium A.D made it possible for me to still travel. It works almost instantly, it stops the got to go feeling instantaneously.

September 15, 2011 5:07 AM

For Diarrhea: Stopped the diarrhea.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2011 7:11 PM

For Diarrhea: Wonder drug for Irritable Bowel Syndrome sufferers. I use it as a preventative and am able to live a normal life.

June 18, 2010 9:57 PM

Review by Jay626:

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: Best OTC medicine available, with the least side effects (maybe a little sleepy). Great to take traveling!

September 7, 2009 7:44 PM

For Traveler's Diarrhea: It's great!

March 29, 2009 5:23 PM

For Diarrhea: I was born in 1958 and have had intestinal pain since I was a child. I thought it was just part of growing up and never told anybody. As a young adult the pain became to much to handle and I started seeing all kinds of doctors. To make a long story short loperamide controls the pain I had to endure for years. Better than prescribed medicine and at a much better price. I have been taking it for a good twenty or so years now. I do not wait for the problems to start, I take one in the morning and one at bedtime everyday. If I feel an intestinal virus coming on I double it. It is very rare now for me to get that double over pain for hours. To me it's a miracle drug.

March 25, 2009 11:15 AM

Review by LizAnn11:

For Diarrhea: I have suffered really badly with irritable bowel syndrome for the past two years. The lady I see at the treatment centre recommended I use loperamide capsuals. I take three everyday and they are really good. I recommend these tablets to anyone who suffers with what I do. Thanks.

November 26, 2008 4:27 AM