User Reviews for Loperamide

Also known as: Anti-Diarrheal, Diamode, Diar-Aid, Imodium, Imodium A-D, Imotil, Kao-Paverin, Kaopectate 1-D, Kaopectate II, Neo-Diaral, Pepto Diarrhea Control, Up and Up Anti-Diarrheal Solution

Learn more about Loperamide.

Diarrhea 16 reviews 58 medications

6.2
Lymphocytic Colitis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Loperamide reviews 24 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Loperamide

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "Best over the counter that really works for chronic or IBS quickly! The generic brand is the best priced and works just as well as the name brand for me"

magic woman (taken for 10 years or more) July 25, 2015

Imodium (loperamide) for Traveler's Diarrhea: "I had loose almost diarrhea stools for almost three months after a trip to Florida. I began to seriously worry, so before going to a doctor took a dose (2 pills) of Imodium. I returned to normal in 2 days and have had no problem since. One dose fixed a 3 month long problem! Read the directions. It said to take a second dose after a second event of loose stools. I might have taken another dose that night after the first if I had read read the instructions carefully. I suspect some of the reviewers who had stomach pains might have done that, because I had NO discomfort. Just an almost miraculous immediate return to normal movements. Thank you makers!"

Carrell Photographer June 11, 2015

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: "I have used this over the counter medication for many years. I have IBS and I find this Imodium A-D works to stop my diarrhea. It might be a good idea to take it with you where ever you go for emergencies. If you have IBS you should talk with your doctor about diet."

I've used it for years. March 14, 2015

For Diarrhea: "Once in a while I eat something that brings on the trots. One pill usually does the trick. Like any other over the counter medicine, it's not something to become dependent on. Once I figure-out what food item did me in, I stop eating it."

Anonymous October 5, 2014

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "I get diarrhea all the time since I was 12 or 13. I take a lot of meds, and a lot of food I can no longer eat. This medicine works right away for me. I am now 67 yrs old. I only use it if the diarrhea lasts for more than two days."

pees July 19, 2014

Anti-Diarrheal (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "Very effective."

mikepharm1 June 28, 2014

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "Works."

Natkoll (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 11, 2014

For Diarrhea: "2 days into the most painful diarrhea I've ever experienced, I got onto Gastro-stop. Within about 45 minutes my severe gut cramps had reduced to rumbles and diarrhea no more, combined with some re-hydration product I am feeling almost well again."

JoeyJoJoShabadoo Junior February 27, 2014

For Diarrhea: "I take this for Irritable Bowel Syndrome control and it works very well. In most cases 2 x 2mg capsules does the job, however sometimes a further one or two are needed for more severe cases."

FrequentBathroomers (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2014

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: "If I eat meat, spicy foods, or dairy products, especially if it is later in the day, I sometimes get acute diarrhea at night. This is sometimes accompanied by pain that is bad enough to double me over. Imodium has always stopped the diarrhea, and the pain that I get with it, and almost always within two doses. As the bottle suggests, I take two pills after the first loose stool, and one after any subsequent loose stool. Although other medicines (such as Pepto-Bismal / Kaopectate) can also be helpful, whenever I sense that these symptoms are starting, I think of Imodium right away, because I know there is a very high probability that it will make the period of discomfort be as short as possible."

Shield Sheafson (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2013

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "I have severe symptoms and after 4 doses, Imodium AD has NOT worked for me. Symptoms continue despite treatment with Imodium AD."

DailyBiPolar (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2013

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: "The ONE and ONLY time this medication didn't work occurred when I had an infection in my intestinal tract which necessitated treatment with antibiotics. Otherwise it always works."

Coppertopcurls (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2013

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: "I had a bad bout of diarrhea and this medicine stopped it for me."

susanw85 (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2013

For Diarrhea: "One pill is enough to stop diarrhea."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2012

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: "I have had chronic diarrhea for 20 years. I could not eat without experiencing diarrhea, had accidents in public places. The first thing I did when entering a new building was locate the restroom. I frequently had to leave my classroom unattended to run--no running would have been disastrous--carefully walk to the nearest restroom and have embarrassingly flatulent and explosive bouts of diarrhea. I finally started self-medicating, taking one tablet in the morning and one before supper. I have two normal bowel motions a day. No more diarrhea now. My life has changed!"

So relieved! (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2012

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Imodium (loperamide) for Traveler's Diarrhea: "It does fix the problem, but I get heavy abdominal pains."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2012

Imotil (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "It worked great but made my eyes very dilated so much so that I could not read. I started taking it after getting my C-diff from the antibiotics from a back stimulator being placed in my mid-back. Can't say enough good about it except the eye dilatation. "

Anonymous December 20, 2011

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "I used to get diarrhea with my panic attacks and Imodium A.D made it possible for me to still travel. It works almost instantly, it stops the got to go feeling instantaneously."

Anonymous September 15, 2011

For Diarrhea: "Stopped the diarrhea. "

Anonymous January 28, 2011

For Diarrhea: "Wonder drug for Irritable Bowel Syndrome sufferers. I use it as a preventative and am able to live a normal life."

Anonymous June 18, 2010

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "Best OTC medicine available, with the least side effects (maybe a little sleepy). Great to take traveling!"

Jay626 September 7, 2009

For Traveler's Diarrhea: "It's great!"

Anonymous March 29, 2009

For Diarrhea: "I was born in 1958 and have had intestinal pain since I was a child. I thought it was just part of growing up and never told anybody. As a young adult the pain became to much to handle and I started seeing all kinds of doctors. To make a long story short loperamide controls the pain I had to endure for years. Better than prescribed medicine and at a much better price. I have been taking it for a good twenty or so years now. I do not wait for the problems to start, I take one in the morning and one at bedtime everyday. If I feel an intestinal virus coming on I double it. It is very rare now for me to get that double over pain for hours. To me it's a miracle drug."

Anonymous March 25, 2009

For Diarrhea: "I have suffered really badly with irritable bowel syndrome for the past two years. The lady I see at the treatment centre recommended I use loperamide capsuals. I take three everyday and they are really good. I recommend these tablets to anyone who suffers with what I do. Thanks."

LizAnn11 November 26, 2008