Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Lisinopril review summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 262 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Lisinopril to treat High Blood Pressure

Review by yaya27 (taken for less than 1 month):

At 27 this was the first medication doctor prescribed for blood pressure. I had shortness of breath, headaches and rapid heart rate. I was only on it a week, I just couldn't tolerate it

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2015 12:44 AM

Review by mch999 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seems to help with my blood pressure and protein in my urine. I am also type 2 diabetic. No noticeable side effects.

February 22, 2015 6:15 PM

Review by KittyKoo:

Started taking lisinopril after previous high blood pressure didn't help. Lisinopril brought my BP down to normal level and stabilized it pretty quickly. Have a slight dry cough but nothing too bad. No other side effects.

February 1, 2015 4:06 PM

Review by TeaSee:

I've enjoyed everyone`s experiences and opinions, however, you all have mentioned your blood pressure readings, but have not said anything about your pulse rate. So I thought I would bring that up because I've had some low pulse rates, anyone else? My Doctor started me on Lisinopril 5 mg eight days ago. I have been testing my Blood Pressure at home and have a chart that I record the readings on so I can spot any sudden changes. My lowest Blood Pressure Reading was 95 over 65, pulse 60. To me that`s scary. My highest reading was 153 over 84, pulse 95. This is due to extreme pain in my Lumbar. I was hit by a semi-dump truck T-Bone style at my drivers door. It messed up 3 disk in my lumbar. I refused back surgery, already had neck surgery.

January 24, 2015 7:17 PM

42 yrs old, decent shape, exercise regularly, eat pretty well most of the time. Family history of high blood pressure. I waited nearly a yr after the doctor prescribed lisinopril. Neighbor, 46 who was in great shape had a massive heart attack and died while jogging. Scared me. I've been taking it 3 days and I feel so much better! Did not realize the side effects of high blood pressure. Coughing a little, but I'll take that all day long to avoid bigger problems.

January 23, 2015 4:50 PM

Review by Mr. Feeljustfine:

I've been taking Lisinopril for a month now and I feel just fine. No noticeable difference as far as symptoms and my blood pressure has been reduced to an acceptable level.

January 23, 2015 10:49 AM

Review by captkrash:

Worked effectively lo lower bp, but within a short time after starting the lisinopril, I developed the "lisinopril cough," an irritating syndrome that results in hacking cough day, night, and in my sleep. Discontinued this medication due to that (highly known) side effect.

January 20, 2015 6:21 PM

Review by Gingerhair1105 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been taking it for a few months now. My blood pressure has gone from 140/91 ish to around normal. I would give it a ten but it's brought back my night terrors.

January 9, 2015 6:31 AM

Review by SDXYL (taken for less than 1 month):

27 year old, male. Been taking 5mg for just over a week now my blood pressure has gone from 180/110 to 125/85 and I'm feeling so much better. Very happy with this, so far no side effects I'm aware of.

December 30, 2014 7:13 AM

Review by AA1:

Lisinopril is an effective blood pressure medicine, however one of its significant side effects is Rosacea. I needed to stop taking and switch to beta blocker atenolol to control my blood pressure.

December 30, 2014 3:05 AM

Review by J. B. R. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've seen strong blood pressure and migraine reduction results but am awakened nightly a few times with a dry, hacking cough and have lost mostly all of my libido though I've never ever had that in my life and I'm happy and very in love. I'm on 20 mg daily.

November 27, 2014 12:07 AM

Review by Toms Z06 (taken for less than 1 month):

Dry cough started after usage began. Cough was quite harsh and would cause me to wake at various times each night.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 11:00 AM

Review by marisamf:

Started taking this medication after giving birth to my baby 7 mos ago. It works wonderful on my blood pressure 201/170 to 116/85, but I feel aweful. I feel dizzy, light headed at times, aches and pains left arm pain and chest pain I thought I was having a heart attack. Now I have numbness and tingling to my extremities. Im only on 10 mg but I need a change I dont feel good with all these side effects.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2014 4:58 AM

Review by Granmammie (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Cardiologist put me on this 5 yrs ago. I've been getting bone and shoulder arm pain, and not thinking it was the medicine kept thinking I had something else. Finally I got so fed up with the bone pain the doctor changed the medicine a few days ago. Pain has lessened.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 12, 2014 12:37 PM

Review by Eddie B. (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm a 52 Hispanic male, started lisinopril 10mg seven days ago, blood pressure was 150/80 before starting medicines, last couple of days it's been 111/73 and 110/72 but last night I blacked out and fell to the ground, my wife say's I shook before falling, I told her before passing out that I didn't feel well. Paramedics think I "bottomed out" and to tell my doctor and he'll probably change it from 10mg. It was scary, thought I saw the "white light", I'm losing weight too, maybe too fast. Anyway I'm hoping he'll let me not take them at all and just let me try with my lifestyle changes.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2014 10:10 AM

Review by George F:

Started 10 mg in 2008 increased to 20mg in 2010. Only side effect occasional dry cough. I sleep very well at night. I take my pill every morning. White male age 62.

August 24, 2014 9:20 AM

Review by Diokan:

Started taking Lisinopril after 10 years of Valsartan....for migraine prevention and high blood pressure. 10 MG once at night before bed. Works well for BP. Side Effects: A slightly higher tendency to cough/tickling in the throat. *Vivid dreams - No doubt about it - much more vivid and memorable dreams. *Migraines - I have been a migraine sufferer for much of my life. I didn't know that Lisinopril was used for migraine prevention until after being on the it for well over a month and commenting to my wife that my migraines had suddenly stopped. That feature alone, aside from blood pressure reduction, would be worth taking this medicine.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2014 12:39 PM

Review by Pamelaws:

So far the medicine has been working well, without much side effect that I can attest to.

June 19, 2014 7:52 AM

Review by DaniJ (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I've been on 5 mg of Lisinopril for over 2 years. I never developed the cough or nasal drip that others have had. I did have joint pain which would come and go. Lisinopril is great at controlling my BP. I'm an otherwise-healthy 5'3" 125 pound 47 yo female and my BP diastolic would not stay below 90. Typical BP was 140/98. So, I've taken 5 mg of Lisinopril for 2 years. But, I'm exhausted ALL the time, no appetite, severe abdominal pain, constant nausea and bloating/constipation when I do eat. I'm miserable (has been like this for 6 mo)!! On a whim, I stopped the Lisinopril 3 days ago. I'm not exhausted anymore. My appetite is back. Still have pain and nausea though.

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 10, 2014 6:24 AM

Review by REALY:

I have had swelling of my right eye, tried to the point at the end of my work shift I want to just sleep, ache like I have the flu and most disturbing I go into major rage at everything. I have only been taking for 1-1/2 weeks I'm stopping before I hurt somebody in my rage.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2014 1:36 PM

Review by Nana01:

Before taking lisinopril, I was 100 lbs overweight, constantly tired, constantly in pain over body and joints with some arthritis in back and hands. This medication has accentuated weakness, tiredness and pain which was reported to physician two months into treatment. At Dr urging, I have continued to take this medication but will discontinue use when this prescription runs out. I have developed frequent nosebleeds which I have not seen mentioned as a side effect of the medication, but will note whether this improves when off medication.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 4:24 PM

Review by nc hawkeye (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I am a 67 year old black male. My blood pressure was slightly elevated 2 years ago. My doctor put me on lisinopril 20mg. I moved to a new location and changed doctors. He was determined that I should be changed to 10 mg of lisinopril. Now I suffer with a lost of sexual desire, headaches, dry cough, and nightmares.

May 13, 2014 9:03 AM

Review by my experience (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zestril (lisinopril): I started taking Lisinopril and was fine then one day I got them refilled and for the next week I was so tired I could barely get out of bed. I was told they changed the place where the pharmacy got the meds which probably meant was a different formula because the pills look different. I requested name brand Zestril even though they were more expensive. I felt 100% better! No more generic for me!

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2014 4:57 PM

Review by Anymous:

Have been taking 10MG Zestril/Lisinopril for forty years plus, I am 69. It worked OK when I was in a very stressful job and works much better now that I am retired. I do have the runny nose issue but live in AZ so not sure if that is allergies. Based on what I have read in peoples comments, I am going to assume it is the meds. I also take what is called a water pill. The fatigue thing mentioned by many also applies to me. Erectile dysfunction is also a significant issue. I am considering getting off the medicines to see if that helps that issue. If anyone out there can provide any info on that matter, it would be appreciated.

March 30, 2014 1:18 PM

Review by Rain2222 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I was on it for 2 years and the quality of my life deteriorated. When I began losing my hair I looked up the side effects of this and I found I must have been one who was very intolerant to it. I had the hacking cough, runny nose, my voice was hoarse, muscle cramps at night, incontinence, lethargy, thin brittle fingernails, and insomnia. I stopped taking it and all those symptoms are gone. I had seen doctors about these symptoms but they dismissed them.

160 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2014 12:09 AM