User Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus

Also known as: Acidophilus, Acidophilus Extra Strength, Acidophilus Probiotic Blend, Bacid (LAC), Flora-Q, Flora-Q 2, Florajen, Novaflor, Risa-Bid, RisaQuad, RisaQuad 2, Superdophilus

Learn more about Lactobacillus acidophilus.

Lactobacillus acidophilus Review Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 98 medications used in the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome

"YES! L-Acidophilus is excellent for IBS, particularly for the weird, somewhat abstract and oblique stomach uncomfortableness. However, I find that taking two capsules 3 to 4 times a day (preferably on an empty stomach) is the best way. I use L-Acidophilus as an adjunct to my once-a-day regular, more comprehensive probiotic. Always store refrigerated."

Gerg123 July 26, 2015

Acidophilus Probiotic Blend (lactobacillus acidophilus): "I first saw this on TV adds for yogurt. I bought the pills and after just a few days I feel great. I used to get pain in my lower back, not any more. I haven't even told my doctor yet. This stuff is great!"

bowel syndrome April 16, 2015

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): "I have suffered with constipation for years after having a major surgery. The pain would be in my lower back and made it difficult for me to stand particularly in the early morning. I have been taking over the counter acidophilus pills (3) times a day with meals and I don't experience the excruciating pain anymore. I carry my pills in purse. I highly recommend these tablets."

mindymack April 10, 2015

"The last year I have suffered greatly from colitis. I began researching other treatments and medicines because whatever the doctor gave me did little to combat. I was miserable - diarrhea, nausea, cramping, especially in the mornings, and EVERY time I ate. Could not go anywhere without an episode. After one week I noticed a difference. After 2 weeks nausea and cramping very minimal. After 3 weeks I am off ALL other medicines. I SWEAR by this."

LSSLSM (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2012

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): "I have had irritable bowel syndrome for over 17 years. First they could do nothing for me but prescribe antispasmodics which eventually I developed an allergy against. After going to a DO, she recommended I try natural medications such as fiber and acidophilus. I started taking it and I have never felt better! I recommend it to anyone with digestion problems.."

ADGuay September 21, 2011

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Irritable Bowel Syndrome