User Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus

Also known as: Acidophilus, Acidophilus Extra Strength, Acidophilus Probiotic Blend, Bacid (LAC), Flora-Q, Flora-Q 2, Florajen, Novaflor, Risa-Bid, RisaQuad, RisaQuad 2, Superdophilus

Learn more about Lactobacillus acidophilus.

Lactobacillus acidophilus review summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 98 medications used in the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Review by bowel syndrome:

Acidophilus Probiotic Blend (lactobacillus acidophilus): I first saw this on TV adds for yogurt. I bought the pills and after just a few days I feel great. I used to get pain in my lower back, not any more. I haven't even told my doctor yet. This stuff is great!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2015 9:49 AM

Review by mindymack:

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): I have suffered with constipation for years after having a major surgery. The pain would be in my lower back and made it difficult for me to stand particularly in the early morning. I have been taking over the counter acidophilus pills (3) times a day with meals and I don't experience the excruciating pain anymore. I carry my pills in purse. I highly recommend these tablets.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2015 12:21 PM

Review by LSSLSM (taken for less than 1 month):

The last year I have suffered greatly from colitis. I began researching other treatments and medicines because whatever the doctor gave me did little to combat. I was miserable - diarrhea, nausea, cramping, especially in the mornings, and EVERY time I ate. Could not go anywhere without an episode. After one week I noticed a difference. After 2 weeks nausea and cramping very minimal. After 3 weeks I am off ALL other medicines. I SWEAR by this.

July 14, 2012 1:18 PM

Review by ADGuay:

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): I have had irritable bowel syndrome for over 17 years. First they could do nothing for me but prescribe antispasmodics which eventually I developed an allergy against. After going to a DO, she recommended I try natural medications such as fiber and acidophilus. I started taking it and I have never felt better! I recommend it to anyone with digestion problems..

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2011 10:13 AM