User Reviews for Iron sucrose

Also known as: Venofer

Learn more about Iron sucrose.

Iron Deficiency Anemia 4 reviews 80 medications

9.3
Summary of Iron sucrose reviews 4 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Iron sucrose

Review by GUIDOMAMMA (taken for less than 1 month):

Venofer (iron sucrose) for Iron Deficiency Anemia: I have had 1 dose of 200ml IV Venofer administered over a 2 hour period. I have noticed that this week I am very tired, have muscle aches, a few episodes of intestinal pain. At the time of administration of my first dose I got a headache about 15 minutes after the start of the transfusion and also about 5 minutes before the end of the session, up to 15 minutes after I felt sick to my stomach and like I was going to vomit. Sure hope this works, I have 4 more sessions to go.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2013 7:43 AM

Review by rollingmama:

Venofer (iron sucrose) for Iron Deficiency Anemia: I have been getting Iron treatments for a few years now...they have been long and drawn out, up until now. I used to have to get 3 treatments a/week for 10-12 weeks...which meant my days were short and I couldn't do anything else. Then the iron would last for about 4-6 months..then my count would go back down to 6.9 or 7.1 and I would start all over again. My Doctor tried Venofer this last time and I had 2 treatments, lasting 1 to 1 and1/2 hours each and I was done...WOW! What a difference. I just went for a check up and my count was 11.7, and my treatment was in September. Normally, I'm preparing to start treatments again, because my count would be down to 9 by now. I'm truly impressed with this treatment.

January 8, 2011 10:06 PM

Venofer (iron sucrose) for Iron Deficiency Anemia: I am 14 years old. I went in for a physical, and had a routine blood panel. How did I get the results? An ambulance showed up at my house suddenly to take me to the hospital immediately. Apparently, my iron was 9, which is almost fatally low. I was given Venofer when I got there, and it helped tremendously. It quite possibly saved my life. I owe my life to Venofer.

July 2, 2010 3:03 PM

Review by aadamkhor:

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: Iron sucrose in injectable form is a safe option for IDA and PRE AND POST OPERATIVE ANEMIA. Clinical experience of gynaecologists showed very fast Hb rise. Moreover it has no severe side effacts and is rated class B drug in pregnency so no anaphylactic reactions are observed.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate