User Reviews for Iloperidone

Also known as: Fanapt

Learn more about Iloperidone.

Bipolar Disorder 7 reviews 46 medications

8.1
Psychosis 5 reviews 18 medications

Schizophrenia 8 reviews 37 medications

5.7
Summary of Iloperidone reviews 20 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Iloperidone

For Bipolar Disorder: "the Fanapt has eased my mood swings considerably but alone it wasn't enough since I am such a rapid cycler topomax was added as well and I feel that without these medications I would more than likely have been turned into an incoherent babbling idiot by the pharmaceutical list I was on before"

John Q Logan April 10, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I am on a small dose of this to help me with anxiety that brintellix doesn't alleviate. Only 0.5 mg.dose but it does the trick. Insurance covers it but I still need to pay about $150 out of pocket each month. I wish it wasn't so expensive."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 10, 2015

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "At first I thought it was helpful because I want to remain open and optimistic, I do think the medication helped with some anxiety. The side effects for me were so negative. It became very clear once off the Fanapt how the side effects were adversely impacting me. I had severe joint and muscle pain as a result of taking Fanapt. I can deal with a little anxiety. My other medications take care of that Lamictal and Topamax. Fanapt side effects outweigh the benefits for me. Yoga and breathing exercises and mindful meditation. Also the restlessness and dry nasal passage ways and feeling that I had to constantly have to move and shuffling of my feet as well as the long term possible tardive dyskinesia. "

buddygrl December 12, 2014

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I've been on this medicine for 8 days and no side effects. I'm slowly coming off the Clozaril because it made me so tired and he put me on Fanapt. Giving it time."

richard campbell (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "I began taking Fanapt back in December of 2013 as recommended a psychiatrist when in the psych ward getting my anti-psychotic med readjusted. It works good. I won't say great because I have not had any more problems since taking it. I have a couple side effects that are listed. but would get them anyway either due to my brain injury or other medications that I take."

tpdgmashley April 1, 2014

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Psychosis: "This medication has changed my life. It helps me with my psychosis, depression, and anxiety, with virtually no side effects. It made me tired initially but that didn't last longer than a week. I also lost a few pounds which is great because I had gained lots of weight on other medicines. I LOVE Fanapt! I'm a new person on this medication and for the first time in my life, I am doing well in school."

Fanapt Fan December 19, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder: "I'm a 22 year old guy who went on Fanapt about 8 months ago for bipolar disorder. I'm pretty sure it helped me function in college again, calmed me down, stabilized my mood. The one problem was it demolished most of my sexual functioning: I completely lost the ability to ejaculate, could rarely get and keep an erection, and had significantly less sex drive. I have been talking to my psychiatrist about going off Fanapt soon because I don't think it is worth the sexual side effects."

acrkb2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 5, 2013

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: "My son who is 27 has only been on this 2 days and he says he is socializing. Spoke to people, played ping pong."

AmeliaBound (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2013

For Schizophrenia: "I have schizoaffective disorder. Got most of the 'call your doctor' side effects. Was so cold, I was freezing in a tub of scalding water. Body aches were worse than the time I broke my arm. Couldn't stop shaking or twitching. i am absolutely terrified of this medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2013

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Psychosis: "I was put on this a few days ago. It does seem to level out my mood and it seems to make me "spin out" a lot less. Sleeping better after stressful situations and am bouncing back from emotional setbacks much better. Only problem so far is I am unable to ejaculate. Hoping they find something that will allow me a sex life though. I am dizzy and groggy on it too. But I will definitely use this if no other treatment gives me the peace that Fanapt does."

vinman563 July 16, 2013

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I couldn't sleep at all. It made my heart beat fast. Overall physically I felt very uncomfortable and unstable. I stopped it and went back to Zyprexa."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2013

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Amazing medicine, side effects minimal and results fast. Hallucinations, visual and auditory gone completely within days of starting this medication, also seemed to improve overall mood."

Anonymous November 17, 2012

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Psychosis: "I was put on Fanapt for my Bipolar a little over a year ago. I also take other medicines, but this one really did the trick for me and got me on track. I do struggle with the drowsiness and take it early in the evening in order to get up the next morning... but it is worth it to me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 26, 2012

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: "My daughter had great symptom control, but developed urinary and fecal incontinence after being on it for over a year. Back to looking for the next best medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 24, 2012

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Fanapt was the third medication I tried to treat mood swings associated with Bipolar Disorder. It has worked wonders for me! It decreased my emotional reactivity so that I am able to perform well at work. I have less anxiety and my hypomanic episodes are not only fewer, but also less intense. I really wish that it was less expensive, though. My insurance will not cover it and even if it did, it is so expensive that it would consume more than half of my annual benefit allotment. I hope I can find a way to continue taking it. It has made such a difference for me."

Anonymous February 5, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have Bipolar I disorder and have been on Seroquel, Geodon and now Fanapt. It has worked wonders for me and the only side effect I have is a stuffy nose. Life is brighter, stable and I can laugh now. You will pry Fanapt out of my cold, dead hands!"

Anonymous November 9, 2011

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This medicine has saved my life. I take it along with other medicines of course, but I can really tell the difference in my level of anxiety. Would recommend anyone with unrelenting anxiety to try."

Anonymous October 25, 2011

Fanapt (iloperidone) for : "I take Fanapt for Bi-Polar Disorder and Anxiety. Have been on Fanapt for several months and have had great results with it. I missed 2 doses and could see a huge difference in myself. I would recommend it to anyone. I haven't had any side effects from it. It's been great."

SusieQ41 January 2, 2011

Fanapt (iloperidone) for : "I have only been on this medication for 5 days and I haven't slept in 5 days. Going to stick with it for another 5 days and see what happens."

Anonymous October 23, 2010

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have only been taking Fanapt for a couple of months now and am happy to say it really works well and has less side effects then my previous medicines."

Natsu June 2, 2010

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Psychosis: "I've been on this for a month. The symptoms I was put on this medicine to control are under control. It's worked great for that. The problem lies with the side effects. I'm sleepy constantly. I went from sleeping less than 4 hours a night to sleeping more than 12 hours a day. I'm exhausted. I've put on weight and I have a stuffy nose, head cold symptoms all the time. If I miss a dose the cold like symptoms let up but when I take the next dose its back in full force. I have been "sick" for the last month. No medicine that I've been put on for the "cold/allergies" help. It has to be the Fanapt causing it. I'm miserable. I stopped taking it 2 days ago and the cold just magically went away. Imagine that!"

sjAimee April 14, 2010

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Psychosis: "Just recently started taking this for depression, bipolar, insomnia and anxiety. I feel so tired and groggy feeling."

sebmissya March 26, 2010