User Reviews for Boniva

Prevention of Osteoporosis 3 reviews 64 medications

3.7
Summary of Boniva reviews 21 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Boniva

For Osteoporosis "I took this and the next day, have been sick with flu like symptoms today severe stomach upset and cramps, chills. "

bonivaisthedevil (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2014

For Osteoporosis "I had bad osteoporosis and the doctor put me on Boniva and 2 years later the osteoporosis and osteopenia was almost gone! In some places it was. I loved this medicine but since I lost my job and my insurance and can no longer take it. The discount insurance I have doesn't cover brand names or even anything similar. I am a couple of years away from Medicare so I hope I can start back again then. I had absolutely no side effects other than it cured me!"

soldiermom11 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2013

For Osteoporosis "Got severe side-effect from taking Boniva (150mg monthly) for 3 months. Crippling, debilitating bone-joint pain at the hip. Very stiff sensation at the chest sternum and ribs. Went to Urgent Care twice. Flat on bed for 2 months with intense pain and prescribed pain killers (hydrocodone/Dilaudid, prednisone, etc.) have no effect. Discontinue taking Boniva and the pain subsides after three months. Three doctors don't believe it is the Boniva side effect until the fourth MD specialist, a rheumatologist recognizes the Boniva side effect symptoms after a long differential diagnostic (she also has two previous patients with similar symptoms after taking Boniva). "

TriDanielFT August 30, 2013

For Osteoporosis "I have spontaneous necrosis of the knee. Have only had one dose of I.V. Boniva so far (10 days ago) but I wanted to post something positive on this site because I found most of the reviews to be very disheartening when I read them prior to my infusion. I experienced zero side-effects after I received the infusion. I kept expecting something to happen but I was perfectly fine. Obviously it is too soon to tell whether it will help my condition, but I am keeping a positive outlook."

Penster (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2013

For Osteoporosis "Have had severe muscle pain in my upper thighs that lasts for 3 or 4 days after taking my monthly dose. Also have heartburn."

kim h April 3, 2013

For Prevention of Osteoporosis "I took my first dose of Bonita 150mgs and woke up the next day with severe headache and abdominal spasms. I feel exhausted, almost flu like. I'm checking with my Dr. Now since today is the 2nd day of the same symptoms."

Imagemax (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2013

For Osteoporosis "Have been taking Boniva for about 8 months. I thought all was well but twice since starting a monthly dose, I have had 2 episodes of severe rash and swelling on my face. The second time it happened I had 2 days of fever and back pain. As soon as the fever broke, the rash appeared. I went to the ER and next day to a specialist, it was that bad. Will have to discontinue use ."

Kymare January 25, 2013

For Osteoporosis "Tried weekly Boniva and had severe flu symptoms each time and had to stop taking it. That was approximately 1 yr ago. Now taking once monthly. Thought it was okay no flu but having diarrhea and pain in upper thigh after taking twice. Just had 3rd one yesterday and diarrhea is bad."

lafera December 18, 2012

For Osteoporosis "I like the 1-month convenience, well tolerated...my medicine of choice!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2012

For Osteoporosis "I had no side effects and I've been taking Boniva for 1 1/2 years. I do wish there was medicine for my severe bone loss that doesn't cost so much. "

Anonymous July 15, 2011

For Prevention of Osteoporosis "I've been on Boniva for 5 years, and my bone density has not improved at all. I don't know if it would have been worse without it, but my scores have not improved. And now I'm beginning to read that you shouldn't be on Boniva for more than 5 years."

Anonymous March 22, 2011

For Osteoporosis "I used Boniva I.V. once. Had flu like symptoms, headache, runny nose, watery eyes, chest pain and achy hips. Wont take it again!"

A.R. March 15, 2010

For Osteoporosis "I have experienced flu symtoms within the first 48 hours, and severe joint and bone pain. I feel much worse than before I started taking Boniva. "

snickies December 29, 2009

For Osteoporosis "All of the osteoporosis medicines have caused horrible heartburn and now esophagus complication."

Gramma Lanna August 13, 2009

For Osteoporosis "Today I received the results of my bone density test after being on Boniva for two years. I am delighted to say that there is a reversal of my osteoporosis. Thank you, Boniva!"

veewee5 June 19, 2009

For Osteoporosis "I have used the drug for 2 years and there has been a significant increase in my BMD. My T score went from 2.7 to 2.0 using the once a month pill coupled with daily Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements."

outastep99 May 12, 2009

For Prevention of Osteoporosis "I have been on Boniva for 2 years and so far my bone density scans have not shown an improvement. For the past year, my physician has added a prescription weekly dose of Vitamin D, we are hoping that makes a difference. Should know the results within 2 weeks. Boniva has been easy to take just once a month, and the coupons (discount offered) by the company have been extremely helpful."

Anonymous April 24, 2009

For Osteoporosis "BONIVA is the only drug that has improved my T-Scores since I've began my DXA scans over 4 years ago. "

Anonymous April 21, 2009

For Osteoporosis "Boniva has helped me with my t-score of 3. 8 which is very severe. I was percribed the drug nurtin for migraine headaches which drained calcium from bones. Boniva i. V has worked over one year too build bones. Mild side effect."

Anonymous February 27, 2009

For Osteoporosis "I had flu like symptoms after taking Boniva. Be aware of this side effect."

Anonymous December 3, 2008

For Osteoporosis "Boniva has work wonders for me. It is the first time my bone density has improved in 4 years."

wanda knoll November 21, 2008