User Reviews for Vistaril

Learn more about Vistaril.

Reviews for Vistaril to treat Allergic Urticaria

Review by Roachie (taken for 10 years or more):

Have taken Vistaril for nearly 30 years for hives that seem to be associated with exposure to hot/cold temperatures or emotional stress. A 5mg dose rapidly eliminates hives and has a lasting effect for 2-3 days. My doctor gives me an annual prescription for 30, 25mg tablets which I cut into four pieces. I only take 1/4 tablet therefore this very small dose completely resolves the hives for several days with minimal side effects consisting of slight drowsiness. For me, it is a marvelous medicine. Cost, even without insurance is extremely small.

August 5, 2013 11:54 PM

My Doctor diagnosed me with dermatographia, and prescribed Singulair and Alavert. The condition lessened, but did not go away. I would still break out into hives on a daily basis, though they were not as frequent and covered a smaller portion of my body. After a few months, she prescribed Vistaril in place of Alavert, and kept me on the Singulair. Almost immediately, I noticed a significant change! For the first time in months, I went an entire day without any hives - though I had to take the capsule four times a day. If I took fewer capsules, my hives would come back. I did experience severe drowsiness and a slight "euphoric" feeling, but it lessened over time.

June 6, 2010 6:58 PM