User Reviews for Vistaril

Learn more about Vistaril.

Reviews for Vistaril to treat Allergic Urticaria

"Have taken Vistaril for nearly 30 years for hives that seem to be associated with exposure to hot/cold temperatures or emotional stress. A 5mg dose rapidly eliminates hives and has a lasting effect for 2-3 days. My doctor gives me an annual prescription for 30, 25mg tablets which I cut into four pieces. I only take 1/4 tablet therefore this very small dose completely resolves the hives for several days with minimal side effects consisting of slight drowsiness. For me, it is a marvelous medicine. Cost, even without insurance is extremely small."

Roachie (taken for 10 years or more) August 5, 2013

"My Doctor diagnosed me with dermatographia, and prescribed Singulair and Alavert. The condition lessened, but did not go away. I would still break out into hives on a daily basis, though they were not as frequent and covered a smaller portion of my body. After a few months, she prescribed Vistaril in place of Alavert, and kept me on the Singulair. Almost immediately, I noticed a significant change! For the first time in months, I went an entire day without any hives - though I had to take the capsule four times a day. If I took fewer capsules, my hives would come back. I did experience severe drowsiness and a slight "euphoric" feeling, but it lessened over time."

Anonymous June 6, 2010