User Reviews for Exalgo

Learn more about Exalgo.

Exalgo review summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1834 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Exalgo to treat Pain

Review by lynikins (taken for 2 to 5 years):

It took about 3 days for me to start feeling better but this works for me. My only issue is that I can feel it wearing off about 2 hours before my next dose (I take it twice daily), I suppose that is what the IR 's are for. But overall, it works.

November 22, 2013 2:44 AM

Review by Ankylosingpatient (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Very good med! Not an instant result but starts working effectively second day of continued therapy! Surprised at result as have been on Opana ER, Demerol & everything else. Very expensive though!

April 11, 2013 2:19 AM

Review by JennyFafa (taken for less than 1 month):

I just began taking this medication about a week ago. Last month I was switched from Percocet 10/325mg to Dilaudid 2mg as the Percocet seemed to not be working for me anymore. Either that or my pain had progressed and gotten worse. (I have a few herniated discs in the my lower back) I felt like the Dilaudid helped but was very short-lived. So, I asked my doctor about switching to something extended release. I never heard of this medication, but honestly in just a week and I am on the lowest dose of 8mg- I feel like a different person. I can function again more than I have been able to in almost 7 months of living with this chronic pain. I feel like I am alive again! Very happy with this! (except yes it is expensive!)

January 16, 2013 1:20 AM

Review by Kanna37:

Was using Fentanyl patches but they caused me excessive sweating, so got switched to this. Despite having had a gastric bypass which should have rendered this ineffective for me, my doctor has me take it twice a day instead of once, and it's the best pain medicine I've ever had. It started working within an hour, and I love it. Even been on Percocet, which I hated and didn't do anything at all for me, and Butrans, which made me suicidal, and a bunch of others. This ones the tops!

April 27, 2012 8:57 PM

I've been under pain management since 2007 and was on 30 MG of morphine sulfate ER 3 x per day supplemented with 15MG of Percocet 4 x a day. After a couple of years of this regime I changed my pain management doctor and he suggested going to Exalgo. I began taking 2 x 12 MG Exalgo every mornings. It took about a week or 10 days to begin acting. Exalgo is better than the morphine BUT, the 60 pills I need each month, after my insurance pays, is really expensive.

January 14, 2012 3:39 PM

I have had pain issues for many years and after many failed surgeries I still have severe pain. I have been on Percocet but a new doctor wanted me to try Exalgo so I did after fighting with my insurance company to help me cover some of the cost I tried it and got no relief at all! Then I had a hard time getting the doctor to switch me back to Percocet.

April 21, 2011 4:48 PM

Review by mommagoosez:

I was prescribed Exalgo by my physician about 3 weeks ago. I've been a long term pain management patient, and we decided to make a change. I had been taking Avinza. I am not certain that the mgs are equal, but the Exalgo doesn't come close to helping as much as the Avinza. I take as directed, each medicine is to be taken before bedtime, and since I have switched to Exalgo, there have been many sleepless nights. Maybe the dosage is not enough. This will be discussed with my physician.

February 10, 2011 4:04 PM