Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Hydromorphone

Also known as: Dilaudid, Dilaudid-HP, Exalgo, Hydromorph Contin, Hydrostat IR, Palladone

Learn more about Hydromorphone.

Cough 1 reviews 770 medications

Review by LungCancerStg4 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: Works

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2015 8:58 PM

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: I was in the hospital for appendicitis and I was given this to help with the pain and before the entire shot was inside of me my head hit the pillow and I had instant release of pain... Greatest pain killer I've ever had

February 5, 2015 12:55 AM

Review by paulieharris (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: Finally0 found a medication with little side effects

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 9:01 PM

Review by Jenn Claus (taken for 10 years or more):

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: I suffer from a very rare migraine condition called hemiplegic migraines which are neurological migraines that cause stroke like symptoms. Unlike most people, I am unable to take most medications designed for migraines since in the small print of these meds it says do not administer to those with hemiplegic migraines. I have found that Dilaudid has been a God send when I have these migraines. Just 1 shot (ratio) of 2mg of Dilaudid combined with 2mg of promethazine and it puts me into a deep enough sleep where my brain can retrigger without any rebound migraine effects. It has proven to be very successful and useful!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2015 1:51 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: Dilaudid worked great for pain without all the side effects from other pain meds, but doctors are no longer willing to prescribe them. Probably due to all the abuse and how difficult the DEA is now making things for pharmacists who fill them and doctors prescribing them.

January 29, 2015 7:25 PM

Review by pole vaulting man (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: I was prescribed this medication for breakthrough pain. It works better than the oxycodone and I rate it a 10. They would highly recommend this medication to people with severe pain to help with the breakthrough pain. This is Dilaudid which is a very effective medication post surgery.

January 29, 2015 3:30 AM

Review by Rotatorfix:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: Nothing else worked except this 2mg dose without side effects. It wore off after 6 hours. Given post surgery use, but could have helped longer since everything else caused migraines.

January 27, 2015 5:11 PM

Review by Billbuoy:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: Almost instant pain relief , best I've had and I've had a lot

January 9, 2015 10:30 PM

Review by lisawooten (taken for less than 1 month):

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: It really makes most of the pain go away it takes a little bit for them to work but I'm on a low dose

December 19, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by dietcokesss:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: Taking for chronic regional pain syndrome.

December 18, 2014 6:51 AM

Review by Natisly:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: When my migraine gets out of control this is the only medicine that kills it. The down side is that I have to go to the ER to get it and sometimes they give you a hard time as they think you are an addict.

December 15, 2014 6:27 PM

Review by AZ Guy (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: After a failed back surgery, my orthopedic surgeons kept telling me I %u201Cshould%u201D be walking again. I could not get out of the wheel chair I had been in for over 12 weeks without assistance. And once out of it, I could not walk without severe pain. The docs eventually found bone fragments had been pushed INTO my spine rather than being removed before bone cement was used to repair my crushed vertebrae. While they could %u201Ctry%u201D to remove them and redo the surgery, the chances of my not being able to walk, ever, were far too high to justify the risk of surgery. A brilliant pain management specialist in LA found the combination of Dilaudid and Morphine worked well for me. After starting pain medications, I was able to stand and eventually to walk again.

November 30, 2014 1:54 AM

Review by Bettysdad 1:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: Took the top edge off of the pain caused by several broken bones in my foot, which was making life pretty difficult. I was left with what I'd describe as the pain from a bad bruise, but fairly easy to deal with.

October 6, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by DrDPC (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Exalgo (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: Works great, does last 24hrs at the right dose. Give the medication time if you are switching from another pain medicine to Exalgo, for myself I was on morphine sulfate 90 mg and Oxycontin 40mg. It took almost 2 months to work @100%. I was just about to give the Exalgo up and go back to my morphine and Oxycontin but now I'm glad I waited it was worth the painful wait since I have such great pain relief. I take 48 mg of Exalgo now and 60mg of Oxycontin.

September 28, 2014 2:37 AM

Review by mat7401 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: I've been taking this in tablet form for failed back surgery, and CRPS in both legs up to the thigh. It doesn't relieve all the pain, but it relieves enough to get me through my day of being a full time stay-at-home single dad. I think I got better relief from the oxycodone I was on before, but it would only last 2-3 hours, whereas the Dilaudid lasts a solid 4 hours, so I get a little bit more time with my little guy where my pain is under control. Wish I could take the ER version, but due to gastric bypass, no ER tablets work on me... Can't say it's given me my life back, because I was a wind turbine technician when I became disabled, but I get enough relief to be with my son instead of on the bed in relentless agonising pain.

September 7, 2014 5:39 AM

Review by catten (taken for less than 1 month):

Exalgo (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: Too strong

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2014 9:53 PM

Review by tbake294 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: My experience with Dilaudid is Amazing, I have Severe Chronic Pain due to an Autonomic Dysfunction called Dysautonomia, I have tried MANY MANY other pain meds. even had nerve blocks & injections but nothing worked. I would recommend Dilaudid to Anyone experiencing severe pain because it works 100% (at least for me it did but then again everyone is different)

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 1:28 AM

Review by Lisataylor42 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: I was in an auto accident that left me in a Coma for 38 days & was told by all 5 of my orthopedic Dr's I'd NEVER STAND OR WALK AGAIN. 6 mo. Later I took my first steps! I broke both hips both femurs (thigh bones) in 2 places, shattered both tibia & fibula (shin bones) & both knees. I am titanium rods the length of the bones, wires, nails & screws. I was on 4 different pain Narcotics every 2 hrs. The ONLY ONE THAT GAVE ME RELIEF WAS THE DILAUDID! None of the oxy 's or even the 100mg Morphine phased me. Now I'm on Percocet 10-325 & 100mg Morphine. Percs just knock the edge off but gives me the energy to keep moving. I WANT MY DILAUDIDS BACK & KEEP MY PERCS FOR MY BREAKTHROUGH. THEY HELP ME LEAD A PRODUCTIVE LIFE! 2yrs on

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 23, 2014 7:31 PM

Review by Averina (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: Very pleased with the medicine. Suffered very severe pain.

June 9, 2014 11:47 PM

Review by Youngblood, Tim (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: I was given Hydromorphone through an IV for Chronic Pancreatitis after being hospitalized numerous times a month nothing worked for pain. Then one day while hospitalized they decided to give me Dilaudid in IV with Phenergan. It stopped the pain completely but it slammed my heart rate down to 30 bpm and my blood pressure down to deadly levels. They then had to pump fluids raise all my limbs above my heart for about an hr. After I got normal again I didn't feel any pain whatsoever for hours. Works great for pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2014 2:06 AM

Review by DOC USMC (taken for less than 1 month):

Exalgo (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: I was a Corpsman with a 2nd Marine infantry battalion, and I was wounded in Iraq by an IED, I broke 2 vertebrae in neck, 2 in back, 5 herniated disc's, a lot of nerve damage and shrapnel. I was wounded January 8,2008 and have been on Percocet 10mg for 6 years and have had over 60 surgeries and 200 injections and physical therapy. I have had no relief from pain. I had thought about suicide because I hurt so bad. So I quit my pain dr and went to another. He looked at all my documentation of injuries and treatments. He said simply on my first day "you have paid your dues, I'm going to give you 30 12mg Exalgo ER a month with 120 oxycodone 10mg for breakthrough pain. I have only taken for 4 days the Exalgo and I feel no pain.

May 19, 2014 1:02 AM

Review by Lil' Miss Priss:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: A couple of summers ago, I got a spider bite that unfortunately developed into a full blown MRSA outbreak, which spread to multiple parts of my body! I ended up being hospitalized for 3 weeks while trying to clear up the horribly painful infection, where they gave Me extreme doses of antibiotics & Dilaudid (4mg) IV every 2 hours. Within moments of each dose, ALL the pain would fade away & I'd get incomparable relief!!! However on the opposite extreme, the tablet form of this medicine (hydromorphone) that the doctor sent Me home on, didn't even compare. I couldn't even tell after taking it, I would rate the pill form a 1!

May 12, 2014 9:53 PM

Review by Knightflyer57 (taken for less than 1 month):

Exalgo (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: I just started on Exalgo ER 12mg's. After fooling around with Lortab AND morphine CR for years, which would only dull my pain( Shot out of the sky in Nam) as well as a major car accident, I have found or rather my fantastic neurologist decided to go with this. I have been able to sleep a full evening(8Hrs) and not wake up with a hang-over effect. I am after 26 years narcotic tolerant so I was quite skeptical about this expensive medicine. Well, I am a believer. I just pray that it will last a year or two before it becomes useless to me. An operation to repair my back only has a 80/20 chance of even helping me. 80% being the negative. If you are tired of the pill counting or a few days withdrawal which I have been through. Ask your Doc.

May 5, 2014 11:22 PM