User Reviews for Mucinex

Learn more about Mucinex.

Mucinex review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 135 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Mucinex to treat Bronchitis

Review by SaraJF (taken for less than 1 month):

I took Mucinex for a bad case of bronchitis. It worked very well and I was finally able to stop coughing and start breathing again. The only problem was that it interfered with my sleep. I was awake most of the night and was not tired the next day. I had to quit taking it.

March 4, 2014 6:07 AM

Review by melroseave:

Took this medication for a chest cough before I went to bed. Woke up in the night with severe nausea and felt dizzy. Tried it again a week later and same happened. I know other people who swear by it.

February 23, 2014 8:14 AM

Review by nascar18 (taken for less than 1 month):

Mucinex is great and it works well but whatever you do, DO NOT take it on an empty stomach. I did this morning and as the day went by I kept feeling worse and worse. When I finally got the chance to eat something, my stomach was so upset that it just came right back up. Again, its a great medication but eat something before taking it.

November 22, 2013 6:24 PM

This med works great for congestion associated with a cold. As someone else stated... It does give you some really strange dreams though!

February 26, 2012 10:50 AM

My doctor recommend this for me when I had bronchitis. It worked wonders. Now every time I feel that wet cough coming back, I pull this out.

November 6, 2011 10:16 AM

It works great, yet makes urine incredibly stinky.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 29, 2011 3:34 PM

Review by Imsick86:

Mucinex works great for colds and to help get the nasty stuff up before it takes root in the lungs, but for Bronchitis you will definitely need something much stronger (see a doctor) unless you want to be sick for about 4 weeks.

December 23, 2010 10:38 PM

I've had bronchitis for several weeks now and this medicine made such a difference since I took it today. I am so grateful someone came up with this medicine. So far very pleased with the product.

December 20, 2010 9:35 PM

Review by coughing easy:

Made coughing a lot easier after feeling like I was going to die from the phlegm that was blocking my air passage. I didn't give it a full 10 because it gave me a slight headache and a bit numb/tingling feeling all over my body but nothing to be alarmed about. Oh my goodness what a difference. I can breathe and finally sleep knowing I'm not going to choke to death. Thank you Mucinex.

December 6, 2010 2:41 AM

I've tried this twice, once for allergy related coughing and bronchitis. For some reason, for me, this medicine always makes me cough more than I need to. It does thin the phlegm and helps make my coughs productive, but when I need to sleep this isn't the medicine I can take at night. I use Robitussin DM for nighttime use.

April 2, 2010 5:16 PM

This drug is a lifesaver for my wife, but take it at the very first sign of trouble, and drink lots of water with it.

November 6, 2009 12:31 AM

First time Mucinex DM user. I like the extended relief because it really does provide extended relief from the severe coughing that is characteristic of bronchial infections. The medication did make me a little drowsy, so some caution is recommended especially if you are not able to take time off to rest. I also recommend drinking lots of fluid too. You may notice that your urine smells like the medication.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2009 10:18 PM

This is the only medicine that helps loosens nasal mucus without the side effects like sleepiness or jitters that most of the sinus medications give me. It's great!

August 29, 2009 10:07 AM

Loosened the deep chested tightness and made it much easier to cough mucus up and out.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2009 10:09 PM