User Reviews for Mucinex

Learn more about Mucinex.

Mucinex Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 147 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Mucinex to treat Bronchitis

"This medicine really helped me out with a bronchitis attack. I have been suffering with acute bronchitis for about 3 weeks now, after taking all of the medication that my doctor prescribed I still have no relief. After reading reviews I decided to give Mucinex (liquid) a try, to my surprise it really helps to bring up all of that sticky mucus that was stuck in my lungs. Although I'm not fully well yet, I can see better days ahead!"

Nina5621 May 10, 2016

"Helped loosen this putty gunk in my lungs making my coughing more effective and less effort required."

Carranetta (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

"It works good, you will feel the congestion breaking down. It does make you cough more to loosen up mucus and yes you probably will stay up a bit a night. I took the pill not liquid. Have to say I was surprised."

DelvaDoll (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2015

"I took Mucinex, It works wonders but the smell/tastes of it is horrible."

WhatIsANickName (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2015

"I took Mucinex for a bad case of bronchitis. It worked very well and I was finally able to stop coughing and start breathing again. The only problem was that it interfered with my sleep. I was awake most of the night and was not tired the next day. I had to quit taking it."

SaraJF (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Took this medication for a chest cough before I went to bed. Woke up in the night with severe nausea and felt dizzy. Tried it again a week later and same happened. I know other people who swear by it."

melroseave February 23, 2014

"Mucinex is great and it works well but whatever you do, DO NOT take it on an empty stomach. I did this morning and as the day went by I kept feeling worse and worse. When I finally got the chance to eat something, my stomach was so upset that it just came right back up. Again, its a great medication but eat something before taking it."

nascar18 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2013

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This med works great for congestion associated with a cold. As someone else stated... It does give you some really strange dreams though!"

Anonymous February 26, 2012

"My doctor recommend this for me when I had bronchitis. It worked wonders. Now every time I feel that wet cough coming back, I pull this out. "

Anonymous November 6, 2011

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"It works great, yet makes urine incredibly stinky. "

Anonymous May 29, 2011

145 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Mucinex works great for colds and to help get the nasty stuff up before it takes root in the lungs, but for Bronchitis you will definitely need something much stronger (see a doctor) unless you want to be sick for about 4 weeks."

Imsick86 December 23, 2010

"I've had bronchitis for several weeks now and this medicine made such a difference since I took it today. I am so grateful someone came up with this medicine. So far very pleased with the product."

Anonymous December 20, 2010

"Made coughing a lot easier after feeling like I was going to die from the phlegm that was blocking my air passage. I didn't give it a full 10 because it gave me a slight headache and a bit numb/tingling feeling all over my body but nothing to be alarmed about. Oh my goodness what a difference. I can breathe and finally sleep knowing I'm not going to choke to death. Thank you Mucinex."

coughing easy December 6, 2010

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've tried this twice, once for allergy related coughing and bronchitis. For some reason, for me, this medicine always makes me cough more than I need to. It does thin the phlegm and helps make my coughs productive, but when I need to sleep this isn't the medicine I can take at night. I use Robitussin DM for nighttime use."

Anonymous April 2, 2010

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This drug is a lifesaver for my wife, but take it at the very first sign of trouble, and drink lots of water with it."

Anonymous November 6, 2009

"First time Mucinex DM user. I like the extended relief because it really does provide extended relief from the severe coughing that is characteristic of bronchial infections. The medication did make me a little drowsy, so some caution is recommended especially if you are not able to take time off to rest. I also recommend drinking lots of fluid too. You may notice that your urine smells like the medication."

Anonymous October 13, 2009

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This is the only medicine that helps loosens nasal mucus without the side effects like sleepiness or jitters that most of the sinus medications give me. It's great!"

Anonymous August 29, 2009

"Loosened the deep chested tightness and made it much easier to cough mucus up and out."

Anonymous January 6, 2009

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate