User Reviews for Mucinex

Learn more about Mucinex.

Bronchitis 15 reviews 285 medications

7.9
Cough 14 reviews 770 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 146 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Mucinex reviews 29 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Mucinex

Review by WhatIsANickName (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: I took Mucinex, It works wonders but the smell/tastes of it is horrible.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2015 9:10 PM

Review by windickey (taken for less than 1 month):

For Fibromyalgia: Mucinex is great for decongesting your lungs. Didn't have any part in helping my Fibromyalgia pain.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 2:09 AM

For Cough: Had a terrible dry cough and Mucinex helped break the cough. It was easier for me to cough up my phlegm.

January 4, 2015 9:33 PM

Review by agrum:

For Cough: My cough was so bad that I now have an umbilical hernia but the Mucinex worked. I only took it in the morning because it did cause sleeplessness.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2014 7:50 AM

Review by JohnSS (taken for less than 1 month):

For Fibromyalgia: 52 currently, Fibromyalgia began about 16 yrs ago.. Last few years have been really tough, and in discussing at deer camp with friends, one of them mentioned Mucinex. Read up, bought the 600 and raised it to 1200's the next week. My pain is at least reduced by 50%! I'm hearing other supplements in conjunction could help even more but for the moment I'm very pleased to have been told about Mucinex!

December 29, 2014 8:59 PM

For Cough: I've been up for hours throwing up and diarrhea after taking this.

October 20, 2014 6:28 AM

Review by jimbob 97683:

For Cough: After all the treatments I had from the doctor, nothing really suppressed the cough, which I have had for years. After taking Mucinex, my cough and the associated Phlegm has almost disappeared. I am a 74 yr old male but my side effects seem to be the opposite to others. i.e. I am doing more sleeping than normal, at any time night or day, but thank heavens for the cessation of cough.

October 15, 2014 9:46 PM

Review by Poodle Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Fibromyalgia: Unbelievable is all I can say! I could not have doubted this more, but after suffering night after night with horrendous back pain, I sat up at 3am searching the internet for some herb or vitamin I had dismissed the 100 other times I had sat up on the night in pain. I thought it sounded ridiculous, but no more so than anything else I had tried. I started with 1200mg and have remained on that and I feel better than I have in years. I urge you to try this. It has changed my life!

October 5, 2014 10:28 PM

Review by gloe:

For Fibromyalgia: Couldn't believe it could be true but it was. Newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I read about Mucinex for fibromyalgia; read that it is a muscle relaxant and enhances the analgesic effect of aspirin and Tylenol; and is enhanced by magnesium. Went out and bought the 800 mg with 2 aspirin and some magnesium citrate, and it worked! The pain just seems to dissolve away. I continue to take 800mg (2, 400mg immediate release tablets) with aspirin and magnesium, three times a day, or 1200 mg twice a day.

September 19, 2014 1:25 PM

Review by komwill:

For Fibromyalgia: I was sick with sinus infection and was taking Mucinex. I thought to myself, I am going to be extra sore since I am home from work and resting more than usual because I was not feeling well. I was shocked when after taking Mucinex for a few days, my pain was gone. No more tender spots. My arms had been really bad lately and when I touched them, they were no longer sore. I had no idea of the connection at the time. I googled Mucinex and was amazed that I found studies that something for a cold could possibly help with fibromyalgia. I stopped taking it and the symptoms came back so I started taking it again. I take 2-3 400mg a day. I call this experience accidentally on purpose. It may not work for everyone as we're all different but its worth trying.

September 16, 2014 12:48 PM

Review by Dilli (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough: The side effect was sleeplessness. First night, I was up until 4:00 AM, next night up until 07:00AM and again last night I could not sleep. I was taking the Mucinex as prescribed every 12 hours.

July 17, 2014 3:58 PM

Review by Melody11728:

For Fibromyalgia: With moderate to severe fibromyalgia for 12 years I lost my career and lived in fear of having a life to avoid a flare-up. I have tried every antidepressant, serotonin uptake inhibitor, pain medicine, anti-inflammatory.... you all know, with major side effects that only contributed to fibromyalgia symptoms. March 2014 I got a cold and used Mucinex for the first time and could not believe the relief. I have prayed for someone to invent a NEW MEDICINE for fibromyalgia that would work and it turned out this OLD MEDICINE has returned my life to me. Thank God for Mucinex!

July 5, 2014 8:34 PM

Review by AmitPAmin:

For Fibromyalgia: I've tried dozens of therapies and medicines. Mucinex does better than them all. Since taking it, my pain levels have gone down by 90%. Mucinex doesn't work for everyone. But it's cheap and over the counter. What's the harm in trying? I wish a doctor or website had suggested I try it - would have saved me years of pain.

June 15, 2014 6:54 PM

Review by nina2:

For Fibromyalgia: I started using 1200mg 2x a day about 5 days ago and it really works. I can't believe it truly works.

May 19, 2014 1:12 PM

Review by Ninasell198:

For Fibromyalgia: I also take Mucinex and have since 2003. As I have read the reviews I have not read any mention of having to remove salicylates from all topical products. Been on Guiafenesin for 10 years and has helped me greatly.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2014 11:05 PM

Review by Fibromel:

For Fibromyalgia: I had a terrible experience with Mucinex. I followed the protocol for just over 1 month hoping to feel some relief but I felt really heavy, like I had a bad flu, and had worse pain. I think most people are experiencing relief so give it a shot; it just didn't help me.

March 20, 2014 2:16 PM

Review by SaraJF (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: I took Mucinex for a bad case of bronchitis. It worked very well and I was finally able to stop coughing and start breathing again. The only problem was that it interfered with my sleep. I was awake most of the night and was not tired the next day. I had to quit taking it.

March 4, 2014 6:07 AM

Review by melroseave:

For Bronchitis: Took this medication for a chest cough before I went to bed. Woke up in the night with severe nausea and felt dizzy. Tried it again a week later and same happened. I know other people who swear by it.

February 23, 2014 8:14 AM

Review by nascar18 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: Mucinex is great and it works well but whatever you do, DO NOT take it on an empty stomach. I did this morning and as the day went by I kept feeling worse and worse. When I finally got the chance to eat something, my stomach was so upset that it just came right back up. Again, its a great medication but eat something before taking it.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2013 6:24 PM

Review by Stacie Jung:

For Fibromyalgia: I have been in terrible and increasing pain since last September. I have had hip and spinal X-rays and MRIs and they show slight arthritis and little else. I had an injection of cortisone in my left hip and now the doctor is recommending a shot to my spine. The pain is so bad, that lately I've been reduced to tears. I went from surfing in August to hobbling in September and the doctors treat me like I'm this no activity couch potato who deserves to feel horrible because I'm getting old and I need to lose weight. Sure I do, I've gained 30 pounds in the last year because I can barely walk. Well, I tried Guaifenesin this afternoon because and it made me fall asleep, and when I woke up, THE PAIN WAS GONE!

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2013 5:29 PM

Review by Sickgranny:

For Cough: I had runny nose, blocked ears, headache, sore throat with mucus, Its great! I took one pill and saw relief, so 4 hours later I took the second one. Now I am wide awake. It's almost 4 am. Take it earlier.

June 9, 2013 3:49 AM

Review by Lar999:

For Cough: Works ok, but for serious cough problems get prescription level medicine. Does help bring up phlegm. drink lots of water, will help bring up the mucus faster.

June 7, 2013 3:02 PM

Review by fibro(my)gia on facebook (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Fibromyalgia: I regained my life by following the guaifenesin protocol. You MUST take single ingredient guaifenesin with no added meds in order to be safe!

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2013 6:47 PM

Review by sutraquio (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough: Actually I was using Mucinex to control a nagging night time cough. Although I had extreme pain in my ankles and legs EVERY SINGLE DAY, I never dreamed that Mucinex would have any effect as to helping that. I took a dose of the Mucinex FastMax just before I went to bed and WOW, no cough AND no leg pain at all that night, at last I was pain free! I know it had to be the Mucinex because absolutely nothing else had made a difference! I will keep some on hand to use from now on. I hope this helps someone else also. Thank you.

May 3, 2013 7:05 AM

Review by viannep1961 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Fibromyalgia: This is the only medicine that helped take care of the symptoms I had from Fibromyalgia, with no side effects

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2012 4:51 PM