User Reviews for Copaxone

Learn more about Copaxone.

Multiple Sclerosis 89 reviews 87 medications

Summary of Copaxone reviews 89 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Copaxone

For Multiple Sclerosis "I wrote a review on 12/2015 unfortunately I had to stop using copaxone because I got bad reactions. The last one was body shaking like if I had a machine connected to my body for one hour my buttocks muscle shaking so much. I got very scared and stopped medication. It's been 2 months and I don't think I will go back to it. I am just trying to eat healthy I cut all lacteos and red meat. "

Monicdmompho May 21, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "Please, anyone with MS, look into Dr. Terry Wahls and her protocol for MS. Most MS symptoms can be controlled through diet. Please take a few minutes to look into this, it could save you a lot of suffering and money."

NaturalHelper May 16, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "Have been on copaxone 20, avonex, and tysabri.Avonex caused bigiminy, tysabri was stopped because I had the virus and could have a brain infection. Copaxone has kept me free of relapses for 12yrs. I recently started copaxone 40 and have had 2 massive injection site reactions and am currently off treatment. I hope I can start back on copaxone 20, in 6wks. I am a lucky person, I am weak and tired, at 67 doing ok. I do not recommend copaxone 40,but do not want geneticists."

Glenn alex3 May 9, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "I had two pretty worrying initial exacerbations in July 2011 and February 2012; since then I use Copaxone and I've had no relapses nor new lesions (I write this May 2016). Injections are of course a nuisance, but what can we do."

Diego's May 8, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "I have been on Copaxone for 14 years. I have been fortunate in not having any more major flare ups and have remained fairly stable. I do have the tiredness and lack of energy at times, but sometimes feel so good I can almost forget I have MS. The first 12 years were the 20 mg daily injections and had the usual problems with site injection lumps and itching. I was changed to the 40 mg 3 times per week approximately two years ago and recently went to two injections per week because the insurance coverage is changing. I am going from my regular insurance to Medicare with a supplemental plan and will not have to pay $4,000 per year out of pocket. In my opinion I felt the best doing the 20 mg daily than taking 40 mg 3 times/week."

repool April 26, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "I experienced 2 attacks within 2 years. The Last was August 2014. On November 1st 2014, I was diagnosed with MS. I started Copaxone 40, 3x a week. Fast Forward to now, 4-25-16. I have had no new attacks since and no permanent damage. Sure the injections are a pain sometimes, and I was nervous at first. Plain and simple - If I mess up an injection. It Hurts! If I take my time and do it right I feel nothing. I have never dieted in my life, but now 38, I need to change my diet and exercise again. The medicine has worked for me. Aside from my weight gain, I am 100% grateful for the drug and will keep it going. Stay Positive ! Good Luck everyone. "It is what we make of it""

Anthony7707 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 25, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was diagnosed in 2004 and I've been off and on Copaxone since then. I take the 3x a week 40-count shot now, and there is a study ongoing now that is trying to see if taking an 80-count injection once a month works just as well. I always feel better on Copaxone, and I will try to remain compliant. In the past I've had muscle stiffness, anxiety w/ it, but not now. I find I have less site reaction if I inject it chilled, and stomach is best. Multiple studies have show it's the best chance to avoid a relapse. I do wonder, if I had remained compliant, whether I would be able to walk without a cane, or avoid the burning legs that make it hard to wear most pants. (I find medical cannabis hugely helpful, but I would prefer the no-high variety.)"

still walking (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "so far doing good. Got a diagnosis of MS 2016, Jan. I was numb from the waist down. Took for a month for the numbness to recede. I am very unbalance. I am hoping as months pass that will disappear. My energy has not return for me yet. Maybe it will. I am praying so. No reactions except itching on the back of my arms. that is all. I do all 7 sites."

deetrust (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "Updating my 3 mri's and xray I'm stable nothing new just dealing with old damages . I've been in copaxone 8 years on Feb 8 . The 40 mg hurts more but if I'm stable with nothing new I'm sticking with my copaxone."

Bourg70343 January 26, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "I think Copaxone has been great for me, no serious relapses. I went to 40mg, because 3x a week sounded better than 7, right!? I wish I had just stayed with the 20mg, been doing it for years, never had any issues. Getting a lot more site reactions now with the 40mg, lumps, itching, painful, etc. Talked to my Doctor about going back to 20mg, he said there is a generic available and most insurance companies are gonna try to push people toward the generic now. I might be stuck with the 40mg. My advice would be, just stick with the daily shots."

Nehemiah1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "I've had MS for almost 8 years and been on copaxone the whole time. I'm still on copaxone and will continue to use copaxone as long as I can . Going tomorrow to get 3 MRI's and, an xray . The MRI's are with and, without contrast . Cause without contrast they wouldn't see new lesions. MS gets my right side numb face, nose, tongue, throat right side only . Two weeks ago I experienced my first MS hug . Horrible feeling. I get spasms all over and it affects my bladder as well . I hope it goes well for me tomorrow. The MRI's don't bother me - its waiting on the results ."

Bourg70343 December 28, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "I'm getting 1-3 inch welts at the injection sites that are very itchy and uncomfortable. Dr says men more often have trouble with arms and legs due to more muscle than women. No other side effects."

GarpofNY (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "Hi all! I started copaxone 2 months ago. So far so good only a little redness in the injection site but I think that that's nothing compared to the damage ms can do. I have a sister that is blind and handicap so I will try to do my best to help myself even if the site injections gets bad every time I inject. Nothing is perfect in life. So far that's the only reaction redness and I do use autoinject. I don't drink or smoke and I also take vitamin d every morning 2 or 3 gummies 2000 mg. only thing I am missing is that I still put sugar in my coffee :( I read sugar is not good. That will be my next years resolution. God bless all of you!"

Monic-a December 18, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "My first MS symptom was sudden right sided paralysis which is very rare. I was put on steroid therapy, infusion with tapering off meds. After the six months I regained most of my motor control. I started on daily injections 8 years ago. Had the usual itching, bruising, lumps under skin. It does melt the fat under the skin also. When the 40 mg 3 times a week came out, I jumped on board with it. Honestly, I have not had any major flareups and last 3 years have had no new lesions. Stick with it if you can. I know a younger woman than myself and she would never switch from it either. Good luck :)"

Lindy Lew December 16, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "You're supposed to inject this under skin not in the muscle. I have Transverse Mylytis and was just diagnosed w relapsing MS. Been getting shots but for some reason they stopped today and its only been 7 days!!!!!!"

JaRe November 28, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "I have been on 20mg for about 6 years. Some annoying side effects as itching back, and feet, muscle spasms, tingling but could pretty much handle them. Then went to the 40mg. Not good. For a few months was okay but then the severe heart palpitations, Tingling in head and face, muscle spasms that would would wake me up. Neuro said was not meds and kept giving me something for anxiety. Nothing helped so I figured it was me and would have to live with it. Decided to go off and see if that helped. Has been a week and a half and I feel the symptoms fading away already. Don't know if I will go back to 20mg or just stay off of it. I can't live with the harsh side effects of the 40mg."

Sook64 October 20, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "I've been on Copaxone since February 2001. I have not had a major exacerbation during that time. Previously, I had a major exacerbation approx every 5 years. The minor exacerbations I now have are very mild. Initally, I had bad site reaction - burning like a wasp sting for about half an hour, but this past. I did have one chest pain episode, but none since. Otherwise, no side effects - though I do have a bleeding "rogue blood vessel" coming through scar tissue in one eye (retina). This is from a blow 10 years ago, but I wonder if Copaxone may have exacerbated this. I have been on 20mg, only this week going onto 40mg."

Lfromoz September 16, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "I only took it for two weeks. I have been told to stop by the nurse at shared solutions. Right from the get go I was getting bad reactions. There was the normal hard swelling 3" rash at the injection sight and the stinging pursued for hours. the next week, after an hour of the injection weakness throughout my entire body, all of my joints hurt especially my spine, horrible cold chills, and extreme nausea. These effects were lasting up to 6 hours. The injection site swelling would continue to get bigger for 3 days. I tried the massaging cold packs and warm packs... Nothing worked. I know this an extreme way to put it, but it felt like chemo...."

Icky Splats September 15, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was diagnosed with MS in late December 2013. I started taking Copaxone the summer of 2014. I started off using the daily 20mg, then I switched over to the 40mg because I didn't want to give myself a daily injection. When I first started the 40mg, the side effects included sore injection site welts. Overtime, the side effects became worse. Now, every time I take the 40mg, I get very sore, itchy welts at the injection site, along with patches of itchy, rash bumps on certain parts of my body. The other side effects happen randomly after an injection. These include severe body aches and chills. The symptoms are fever-like. Other than that I feel an increase in my energy levels since taking Copaxone and my MS lesions have not spread."

LNP (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "Have been on Copaxone for almost 10 years, not one problem with the medication. Copaxone has improved my day to day life."

Anonymous August 7, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was diagnosed with MS 10 years ago by MRI after many falls due to foot drop, around 2005. I took copaxone from 2009 - 2011, 20 mg per day. It didn't help, it didn't hurt. I stopped because my insurance wouldn't cover it anymore. I've had regular symptoms over the last 10 (or even 30) years, they have gotten progressively worse the last 2 years. I got back on Copaxone about 4 months ago, 40 mg 3 times a week. I don't think it is helping. My site reactions are worse than they were with 20 mg daily shots. I have gotten to the point where I can barely walk without pain, weakness, and shin splints from the muscle weakness in my legs and inability to walk and balance properly. I take Copaxone ONLY because I'm afraid not to. Good luck."

cpk777 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 28, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "I have been on Copaxone for 14 years, very stable, no problems. I tried Tecfidera, so many problems. I want to try Copaxone 3 x per week medication . I need more info."

Rosedayle July 4, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "Diagnosed March 2014, and have been on Copaxone (3x weekly) since May 2014. Two MRI's since (Oct '14 and June '15) have shown no change. Had one exacerbation in April. Overall I am pleased. I do have site reactions, red itchy lumps, but worth it to have little to no progression. Early in treatment I had hair loss for 3 months, but that did stop. Plan to continue this treatment."

Diana1021 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 16, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was just diagnosed Nov. 2014. Started on Copaxone 40 mg just a couple of weeks later. I have had all of the typical site reactions with every injection. The worst has been the itching. That of which I have been unable to control with ANYTHING until this last injection. I researched and have used every over the counter remedy. Started looking at the natural remedies for itching. Could not bare to invest any more money. Came across the use of oatmeal for itching (forgot all about that). I had steal cut oats on hand. Ground them into a flour-like texture. Put the ground oatmeal in a cheap knee high stocking, dipped it in hot water, allowed the concoction to drain so that it was not messy but still wet. Apply. AMAZING RELIEF."

Get'er-done January 14, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "Copaxone has been excellent, for me, as far as slow -> minimal progression. I hate injections. However, I much prefer the 20 mg daily injection over the 40 mg 3 x week. I have fewer localized reactions."

Abby's momma (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 17, 2014