User Reviews for Glatiramer

Also known as: Copaxone

Learn more about Glatiramer.

Multiple Sclerosis 56 reviews 82 medications

8.4
Summary of Glatiramer reviews 56 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Glatiramer

Review by Bohemian Artist (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: Copaxone was working great for over 10 years, until the day came that my injection site reaction went anaphylactic. Not a pleasant experience, especially when health care providers (of which I am/was one) refuse to believe that the only potential exposure agent was Copaxone. I would be willing to give it another try (in a controlled hospital setting with emergency medicines on hand), but my neurologist and PCP won't let me. If you can take it, site reactions are the only problem I ever had, as they only occurred the last year I was on it. Side effects were virtually non-existent compared to the other ABC medicines and the new treatment modalities.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 24, 2014 2:27 PM
Review by Bdg83 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I got diagnosed after numerous tests. I researched it and new I had Multiple Sclerosis, but Neuro just had to keep doing tests for months. I would get double vision about once a month and my stomach and left leg would go numb a lot. Finally was diagnosed and got on Copaxone and zero flare ups for 4 years. I also take multivitamin and 8000 IU of vitamin D per day. Get on Copaxone and take vitamin D if you get diagnosed.

January 4, 2014 1:35 AM
Review by sjfnj (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: Copaxone for me was very harsh. Before switching I ended up with almost all side effects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 1, 2014 10:40 AM
Review by GreyEyedGirl: User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I was diagnosed with MS about 7 years ago and started on Avonex. The side affects were pretty severe for me, but I stuck to it for 18 months. I also formed new lesions and had brain atrophy. I switched to Copaxone over 5 years ago and I have had a much better experience. Copaxone has slowed the progression of the disease and in some areas the myelin has shown repair and regrowth! I have more energy and my balance has come back - I am able to ride my bike with ease again. I was able to stay on Copaxone through out my pregnancy and while I was breast feeding. I did this under the watchful eye of a high risk OB specialist and my neurologist. I was able to remain stable after my son was born with out any relapse. And he is perfect.

November 14, 2013 11:51 AM
Review by TiaNC (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I started Copaxone about six months ago. I had been diagnosed with MS 10 years ago but didn't take anything for it but a giant dose of B vitamins daily. Last December, I had my first real flare up and it was awful. The nuero told me I had no choice now, but to take something. So after researching with my husband, I decided on Copaxone. Do not give up if you just started and are having itchy bumps and stinging when injecting. It really did get better for me. I did have one incident of the chest tightness and anxiety which lasted about three minutes but only once. When I read the side effects from other drugs (Flu like symptoms and hallucinations!) I picked this drug. So far, so good. Neuro thinks I am not progressing at this point.

November 13, 2013 1:48 PM
Review by dawndee (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I have been on Copaxone for a week, side effects, gives me severe stomach pain, back and side pain and vomiting. I'm going to try and get through it this weekend. If symptoms persist, it will go in the trash and I will have my doc give me something new.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 5, 2013 2:01 PM
Review by sadermaxx (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I have been on this medicine for about 15 years now with very few flare ups. The down side to this medicine is the injection site but with that aside it has worked well for me.

September 24, 2013 12:24 PM
Review by Mylife1988: User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I had Multiple Sclerosis since I was 19. I'm 28 now I got on Copaxone, about 4 years, it took about 8 months seeing results only side effects was palpitations and a little panic attack, it was 2 minutes long but it felt like 20 minutes. That only happened once other then that I get redness around injection site. I like this Medicine because I feel that it has slowed my MS down And I haven't got sick since I feel like I got my life back.

July 25, 2013 4:36 AM
Review by punkysue (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I have been on Copaxone for almost 10 years. I am very pleased with the results. Its the only medicine I have been on so I can tell you it works for me. Like some of the other reviews I have had a few issues but nothing I can't handle. One episode was after the shot, I had heart palpitations worse then usual. Only lasted a minute or two but felt like 20, soon after vomiting and headache.. slept it off and fine after. In all the years taking Copaxone the heart palpitations happened maybe 6-7 times. So I'm not going to complain. I grew up with an uncle that battled progress stage of Multiple Sclerosis. I wish Copaxone was around before his got to that stage. Thanks shared solutions for making my life easier.

July 16, 2013 6:13 AM
Review by ncnoel: User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I've been on Copaxone since January 2012. I was diagnosed Dec. 2011. Copaxone has give me energy to do my daily duties. I still have a day or 2 in bed from time to time. The key to Copaxone working is to keep those D3 vitamin levels up. I go to pain management for combination of degeneration & Multiple Sclerosis pain. Family is a comfort & very needed for the emotional comfort of the disease. You have to balance medicine, family, God, love & friends. All of the above is a prescription to help manage MS more comfortably. Hope this will help others. Copaxone has been a real winner for me.

July 10, 2013 12:54 PM
Review by TishaM: User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis Jan 10, 2012. Since being on Copaxone for one year, I haven't noticed any change in my symptoms. I have noticed they come every three months instead of monthly. Haven't seen a neurologist yet and hope no new lesions. I will say that I have experienced hair loss. I have never had a problem with hair loss other than cutting it off myself, but this has been on-going. At first I had the indentions, but was told by a MS nurse to try getting a massage. And that I have done. I get a massage on a weekly basis and it has taken the indentions away and it relaxes me. I have hope this medicine works for me.

May 29, 2013 10:43 PM
Review by evelyn1964 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: After approx. 1 year of using Copaxone daily injections, my Neurologist is convinced that my Multiple Sclerosis progression has slowed down; if not, stopped progressing all together. My last MRI showed "NO NEW LESIONS", but up until then, my MRI's showed steady progression with "NEW LESIONS" every time. Copaxone has absolutely changed my life and I'm now living instead of just existing, but I'm worried about my recent weight gain (in the last year).

May 17, 2013 11:38 PM
Review by kpp 255 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: Been on Copaxone for over 10 years, kept me stable and still able to teach dance (but without spins & turns!!). Would not have continued without the shooter from your doctor, makes it quick and easy. Bought a needle clipper from the drug store so I can clip off needle and throw shot in garbage. Great travelling.......no need for a refridgerator for a couple of weeks. Just heard copaxone is coming out with a shot every other day YIPPEE!!!!...

April 2, 2013 12:02 PM
Review by Have faith: User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: Been on this medicine for almost one month not quite sure if its working 100% yet but I feel quite well. Hands still have tingly feeling, but I'm able to work and walk good just have to keep faith! It does burn as being injected other than that I just pray it works well.

March 28, 2013 4:52 PM
Review by Diver1 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in Dec. 2012. I had no idea why I was becoming unable to function properly anymore from walking to simple things like holding silverware. After receiving the diagnosis, I was relieved, happy, shocked crushed and pissed off. I was familiar with MS as my grandad had it for over 50 yrs. So I knew 1st hand what COULD be my fate. I was given a list of medications and told to study them and choose which one I felt most comfortable with and I chose Copaxone. I have been taking it for about two months now and have NO adverse reactions from it. I do not feel any real difference from it but the directions say that it can take up to 6 months before it begins to make a difference. I hope it does take away the excessive fatigue.

March 24, 2013 5:43 PM
Review by MSgorgeousgeek (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I started Copaxone a couple of months after being diagnosed. At the time of diagnosis I was just getting over a relapse that included numbness on my left side and a phantom turtle-neck feeling. I haven't had any symptoms since then and that was November 2011. I'm pleased with Copaxone this far.

March 23, 2013 11:03 AM
Review by Domenick (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I been on Copaxone for 3 months and I got to say it gives me a lot of energy. I never really had bad flare ups but what I had was very scary to me and so far Copaxone has only gave me a little chest pain and shortness of breath but other than that I trust that Copaxone works. All I can say is stay positive.

March 21, 2013 8:58 PM
Review by Middle ager (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: Was diagnosed in 2001 with relapsing remitting Multiple Sclerosis - never had any major flare ups - took Avonex for 5 years - didn't notice any real difference - went on to Copaxone 5 years ago. What a revelation - major difference is it took my tiredness away. Painful injection and one incidence of 'heart attack that wasn't' worth it for the lack of fatigue. Can now work full time - walk miles etc.

March 6, 2013 4:38 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: My mother has been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis for the past 12 years. She started out using Avonex and her symptoms got worse. The doctors discovered new lesions and my mother spells got more intense. She was finally put on Copaxone and has no regrets. She has no new lesions and Myelin sheath has been repairing. She has used Copaxone for 10 years, and would recommend it to anyone suffering with MS.

January 30, 2013 9:58 AM
Review by dryh2o (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I was diagnosed July 2012. Finally! I could no longer walk, my legs had gotten so weak. Was in a wheelchair already. PPMS is not fun. I have noticed that my legs are stronger, but still not able to walk. And my MS has not gotten any worse. Don't have and have never had "flare ups" but at the rate I was going downhill before Copaxone, this is great. I don't like the shots, but I know they are worth it.

January 4, 2013 1:28 PM
Review by Camarochic: User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I started taking Copaxone soon as I was diagnosed. I don't like the red welts and stinging but my doctor prescribed me spray to put on before I inject and it helps. I don't have much fat so I have the indentions and bruising. But I had not had any new lesions on it! But I decided I would stop taking it and was off it for 5 months and had a MRI and have more lesions so it does work! I'm back on it now hope my next MRI proves it works.

November 25, 2012 11:43 PM
Review by Liana_h (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I'm 17 and I've been on this medicine for 6 months now and I'm super pleased with it. I choose it because I didn't want flu-like symptoms. At first I was nervous about getting skin reactions but I haven't had anything at all! It was quite painful for the first couple of weeks and using heat and cold packs helped it but now I don't need to use them. I totally recommend this but it's a bit too soon for me to know if it's reducing attacks.

August 28, 2012 11:35 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: Did nothing to slow down the progression but did help with the muscle cramping and twitching.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 14, 2012 7:23 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: I started Copaxone 2 years ago and I am doing fantastic! I never miss a day and aside from a small bump at the injection site that lasts for a few hours, I have not experienced any negative side effects. I had my latest MRI 2 weeks ago and according to my neurologist, everything looks great.

July 18, 2012 9:52 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Copaxone (glatiramer) for Multiple Sclerosis: Was diagnosised 11/2002. Put on Copaxone. Had to fight with insurance who kept denying for 6 months. But finally approved. In 9 yrs, have only had one major relapse that put me in hospital. Paralyzed from waist down for four weeks. Now use walker. God answered everyone's prayers. In 9 yrs have only missed taking my shot "once". Had problems in beginning with thigh shot. Nurse helped with that. Am very happy with Copaxone.

July 6, 2012 10:32 AM
Page 1 2 3 Next

Learn how medication, diet, and exercise are key to managing Multiple Sclerosis. Click Here