User Reviews for Fluoxetine

Also known as: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Rapiflux, Sarafem, Selfemra

Learn more about Fluoxetine.

Fluoxetine Rating Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Hot Flashes.

Reviews for Fluoxetine to treat Hot Flashes

"I was having hot flashes every night from being peri-menopause and I recently started on 20 mg of prozac. It took approximately 3 weeks for it to start working and I swear by it by the 4th week not one hot flash. I am feeling so much relief from prozac. Not only have my hot flashes gone away but my moods are stable and I feel great!"

Floq (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2016

"I have been having SEVERE hot flashes for about a year, mild ones for a year before that. I can't take the normal meds due to high risk of breast cancer so my PCP put me on Prozac. I thought to myself there was no way it would help but after 2 days I noticed a big difference, and after 5 days they are nearly gone, I'm on 10 mg D. I take it in the morning."

LJSrmr2010 November 11, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine): "Actually felt cold on a summer day and had to put on a sweater (5 days into medication). Perhaps it is a good medicine for the hot flashes."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2012

Prozac (fluoxetine): "I was told for years Prozac would be great for me. When my doctor told me about Prozac for my hot flashes I signed on ASAP. I was hoping for a double whamie. Yes, they took care of the hot flashes rather quickly and the happiness side a bit later. I am on 10mg and would like to get a larger dosage. Next conversation with the doctor. TRY IT."

lavt0422 September 28, 2011

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine): "Prozac (fluoxetine) I have been taking 10mg every 3 days for hot flashes for 2 years now. It has worked very well for me. I also don't have the mood swings. When I was taking 20mg everyday it was to much, So I talked with my doctor and changed it around. If you are having problems you may be taking to much. Talk to your doctor I did and I feel great."

alrolly September 20, 2009

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate