User Reviews for Afinitor

Learn more about Afinitor.

Pancreatic Cancer 1 reviews 13 medications

Brain Tumor 1 reviews 9 medications

Renal Cell Carcinoma 1 reviews 18 medications

Breast Cancer 4 reviews 54 medications

6.8
Renal Angiomyolipoma 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Subependymal Giant Cell Astrocytoma 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberous Sclerosis 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Afinitor reviews 7 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Afinitor

For Breast Cancer "I've been taking it for 5 months. After 6 weeks on 10 mg my lymphedema arm got infected & real swollen--I was told it was shingles & Lyme disease. After 2 rounds of antibiotics I went back on 5 mg. My subsequent scans show liver mets decreasing. My insurance cap was exceeded after 1 month($$$), but I qualified for a Novartis program for free medicines--check it out. Side effects on 10 mg were intense--like chemo. 5 mg is much more tolerable, still I must take Protonix every day for gastric upset. And I get really itchy."

itskitsch (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2014

For Pancreatic Cancer "I have neuroendocrine tumors with metastasis to liver. I was put on Afinitor (10 mg) since Feb, 2011 after I had so many side effects from Sutent. Afinitor has made my liver mets stable or shrink somewhat and I have no or minimum side effects. It was provided free of cost by Novartis. So thank you Novartis."

mrdingdong (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2013

For Breast Cancer "Dont have any side effects, only mild tiredness. Been taking it for three weeks."

lovemoore June 8, 2013

For Breast Cancer "I was one of the few people who could not take it. It attacked my body along with the cancer. Quit taking it after 2 months but it would not flush from my system. My skin was bad from dehydration as it did not allow my body to absorb moisture in my arms and legs. My skin looked like parchment with nothing under it but bone and a little flesh. Lost over 20 pounds in about a month. Finally my regular doctor put me in the hospital -as I found some men in Australia had to do. I was given I.V's for 5 days and am feeling much better. It is a good medicine but some people just cannot take it."

KathyinNewMexico (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2013

For Breast Cancer "Within 7 days of taking Affinitor the fluid in my lung decreased."

SueStick January 10, 2013

For Brain Tumor "I have been taking this medicine for 5 months and my MRI showed that the SEGAs that I have in my brain were smaller than 6 months previous."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2012

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Worked but had to stop because my kidney creatinine level was too high."

rcbridge January 30, 2011