User Reviews for Afinitor

Learn more about Afinitor.

Pancreatic Cancer 1 reviews 14 medications

Brain Tumor 1 reviews 9 medications

Renal Cell Carcinoma 1 reviews 21 medications

Breast Cancer 8 reviews 56 medications

5.4
Summary of Afinitor reviews 11 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Afinitor

For Breast Cancer "Although the medication did effectively treat my cancer the side effects were so severe that I decided to discontinue use of the drug and try an alternate treatment. Skin rash started on my hands initially and spread to my entire body causing severe itching and scratching which led to something looking like opened bug bites all over. Severe gum irritation described by my dental hygienist as your gums are flapping in the wind, also red swollen gums which caused me to be unable to eat anything not soft. Lost 10 lbs the first two months. Also projectile vomiting, diahrea and nausea. At three months I found it had made me diabetic and raised my triglycerides to over 500. That's when I opted to stop treatment."

Lifer lifer lifer (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2016

For Breast Cancer "Although the medication did effectively treat my cancer the side effects were so severe that I decided to discontinue use of the drug and try an alternate treatment"

Lifer lifer March 15, 2016

For Breast Cancer "Stage 4 with lymph and bone bone metastasis. Never on infusion chemo due to my autonomic diabetic nerve damage. Hormone treatments failed. Tamoxifen gave me terrible forgetfulness. Took Xeloda. At 6 months scan showed cancer gone except in giant ulcer on chest. Then Xeloda failed and cancer spread rapidly. Affinitor worked quickly with visible changes in two weeks. Four weeks ulcer showing definitely better . Been about 5 months. Cat scan showed no cancer active. Ulcer a third smaller and still healing. Cancer itching totally relieved although some iching as larger tumors heal. Had some nose slight bleeding issues early on but with summer humidity no problem. Chronic slight cough and congestion. Short of breath but can walk."

wrd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2015

For Breast Cancer "On this drug for 2 weeks, had severe side effects, swelling of both hands, rash,and small bubbles started appearing (pop it like water). now its on both feet,arm pit. I had to stop taking it."

cecix June 11, 2015

For Breast Cancer "I've been taking it for 5 months. After 6 weeks on 10 mg my lymphedema arm got infected & real swollen--I was told it was shingles & Lyme disease. After 2 rounds of antibiotics I went back on 5 mg. My subsequent scans show liver mets decreasing. My insurance cap was exceeded after 1 month($$$), but I qualified for a Novartis program for free medicines--check it out. Side effects on 10 mg were intense--like chemo. 5 mg is much more tolerable, still I must take Protonix every day for gastric upset. And I get really itchy."

itskitsch (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2014

For Pancreatic Cancer "I have neuroendocrine tumors with metastasis to liver. I was put on Afinitor (10 mg) since Feb, 2011 after I had so many side effects from Sutent. Afinitor has made my liver mets stable or shrink somewhat and I have no or minimum side effects. It was provided free of cost by Novartis. So thank you Novartis."

mrdingdong (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2013

For Breast Cancer "Dont have any side effects, only mild tiredness. Been taking it for three weeks."

lovemoore June 8, 2013

For Breast Cancer "I was one of the few people who could not take it. It attacked my body along with the cancer. Quit taking it after 2 months but it would not flush from my system. My skin was bad from dehydration as it did not allow my body to absorb moisture in my arms and legs. My skin looked like parchment with nothing under it but bone and a little flesh. Lost over 20 pounds in about a month. Finally my regular doctor put me in the hospital -as I found some men in Australia had to do. I was given I.V's for 5 days and am feeling much better. It is a good medicine but some people just cannot take it."

KathyinNewMexico (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2013

For Breast Cancer "Within 7 days of taking Affinitor the fluid in my lung decreased."

SueStick January 10, 2013

For Brain Tumor "I have been taking this medicine for 5 months and my MRI showed that the SEGAs that I have in my brain were smaller than 6 months previous."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2012

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Worked but had to stop because my kidney creatinine level was too high."

rcbridge January 30, 2011